Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently it is on a channel called "FreeSports". It's on freeview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

kidsafe posted:

Maybe, but it makes no sense to let anyone by Caleb win the sprint this early in the race. Also no mention of that in post-stage interviews. You can clearly see that he looked over his shoulder once at ~400m and again at about ~250m, and by then it was too late.

I agree, sprinters need to be the most selfish rider in the race. He’s got a lot to learn until he’s Cav / Bouhani levels of dickheaded-ness.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's "only" going to be 33 degrees on today which is good so people probably won't die climbing the hill.

It was hot enough that they cancelled the public charity ride on friday though.

edit: got my days wrong hurrrrrrr

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 20, 2018

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Speaking of dickheads, I’m being told by a fat man next to Robbie McEwan that the Wolunga Heel is about to kick off

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That guy in the breakaway with the bandages...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
BMC gonna BMC.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/philgaimon/status/956964859102380033

Cancellara still salty about that book so Phils taking him up on it.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

serious gaylord posted:

https://twitter.com/philgaimon/status/956964859102380033

Cancellara still salty about that book so Phils taking him up on it.

Awesome. I was given that book for Christmas, I should read it.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

What is up with this lame rear end commentator for the Hoogerheide world cup race?

He sounds bored and he's making me bored.

(I mean, okay, yeah, the men's race is legitimately boring, but still, his job is to make it less boring not more)

The clown
Jul 6, 2009

bicievino posted:

What is up with this lame rear end commentator for the Hoogerheide world cup race?

He sounds bored and he's making me bored.

(I mean, okay, yeah, the men's race is legitimately boring, but still, his job is to make it less boring not more)

meh

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Anyone watching Tour of Valencia? Just lolling at the commentators having to say 'Team EF Education First Drapac powered by Cannondale' and seemingly already finding other ways to refer to them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Midget Fist posted:

Anyone watching Tour of Valencia? Just lolling at the commentators having to say 'Team EF Education First Drapac powered by Cannondale' and seemingly already finding other ways to refer to them.

They'll just be Cannondale by Oomloop.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Midget Fist posted:

good to see valverde back fit and winning again. just in case anyone thought la fleche would be interesting this year.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Yep they're already EF Drapac in the Ruta del Sol.

I dunno why but of all the Sky riders, the only two I really like and don't mind if they win are Kwiatkowski and Kiryienka.

E. Forgot to type this part out: I love, but also find slightly annoying, this part of the early season regarding the new kits. I'll be looking for a rider and not seeing the kit, then realise they have changed teams, or be looking for a team and my eyes will glide over them because the colour isn't what I got used to last year. Amusing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Does any cycling website make a spotting guide for the new kits and bikes? Top down and profile would help the most given TV coverage.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Not that I've seen. Lots of write ups about the kits but no big side-by-side identification guide.

I can't believe how pumped I am for the classics this year, I don't even know why.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Midget Fist posted:

I dunno why but of all the Sky riders, the only two I really like and don't mind if they win are Kwiatkowski and Kiryienka.

Those two are great, yeah. A friend of mine likes to tell the story that when she was at a Vuelta ITT a couple of years ago, Kiryienka was changing out in the open, i.e. buck-rear end naked in public, until someone shooed him onto the team bus. Apparently he was very :rolleyes: about it.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

Does any cycling website make a spotting guide for the new kits and bikes? Top down and profile would help the most given TV coverage.

Not really what you want but cycling tips has a rundown of the bikes https://cyclingtips.com/2018/01/bikes-2018-worldtour/

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Real racing starts this weekend :hellyeah:

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Mark Cavendish out of Abu Dhabi tour before the race even starts. :(

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-crashes-out-of-abu-dhabi-tour/

Edit: Guess the automatic brakes came on in the car. God drat robot cars!!!

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...sh-crash-370116

Rhaegar fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 21, 2018

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Omloop Saturday. Kind of excited. No Sagan, he skips this opening weekend. I won't, I will cycle, pour my triple and fall asleep right before the finish.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm trying to figure out if anyone sponsored by Rotor is gonna run their Uno hydro shifting groupset this season?
http://road.cc/content/feature/234847-2018-worldtour-race-bikes-complete-list-years-race-bikes

I love it when teams have to suck it up and actually use the not tried-and-true stuff from their sponsors.
Can't imagine FSA is gonna push their semi-wireless group all that hard.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

kimbo305 posted:

I'm trying to figure out if anyone sponsored by Rotor is gonna run their Uno hydro shifting groupset this season?
http://road.cc/content/feature/234847-2018-worldtour-race-bikes-complete-list-years-race-bikes

I love it when teams have to suck it up and actually use the not tried-and-true stuff from their sponsors.

FSA made both Cannondale and QuickStep use its cranksets in the past, so I imagine their WE groupset will be foist onto select Astana and QuickStep bikes sooner or later. Some Dimension Data riders did test Uno last year, but it's bad and I think Rotor realizes how bad it is.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 23, 2018

Thufir
May 19, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

Seems like on the women's side, Cylance is using it

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/01/fsa-we-wireless-group-raced-2018/

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rojkir posted:

Omloop Saturday. Kind of excited. No Sagan, he skips this opening weekend. I won't, I will cycle, pour my triple and fall asleep right before the finish.

I love Omloop! It means real cycling returns!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

TobinHatesYou posted:

Some Dimension Data riders did test Uno last year, but it's bad and I think Rotor realizes how bad it is.

There were a couple of honest (and negative) reviews, and then silence from cycling media about it.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

kimbo305 posted:

There were a couple of honest (and negative) reviews, and then silence from cycling media about it.

I played with it at NAHBS two years ago, and then at Sea Otter last year. It feels like mechanical, but with more complexity and at EPS/Di2/eTap prices. It's lighter than those, but not by much. At Sea Otter they were only demoing the groupset in a 1x configuration with Q-Rings and a 2inPower set-up. I guess they didn't want to risk throwing the chain.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
30k to go in the Omloop, spring is here.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

For a second there I thought Luca Paolini was back

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Weird ending, looked like they just let him ride off

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Ugh. At least no bunch sprint, I guess

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
wow that was terrible

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Lotto Soudal is currently turning Kuurne Bruxelles Kuurne into a TTT. Can't wait for them to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Groenewegen from the other Lotto won so I guess they hosed up?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The split they were almost making happen at the time of my post failed like 2 minutes later :sweatdrop:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/968167121766187010

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Anyone seen any offers or voucher codes for eurosport player for the new year?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's only £30 for 12 months at the moment, not sure I've ever seen it cheaper than that.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

peanut- posted:

It's only £30 for 12 months at the moment, not sure I've ever seen it cheaper than that.

It was £1.99 for the year during black friday last year, lasts until November 2018. The year before that they had a year sub for £10 which ran from December to January IIRC. I've never seen it discounted once the classics start though, I think you have to get in early, and then remember to cancel the recurring sub as soon as you join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

My sub just ran out for the year and I definitely got it on the cheap last time, 30 will be fine but there were certainly offers around this time last year