Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Nuebot posted:

That might have been me? I say that a bunch. It's because the first game is really stiff gameplay-wise compared to the second and it's really easy to get bogged down with the awkward combat and stuff. The sequel improves upon it all. They're both fine games, but if someone's only going to play one I'd suggest the second. I mean, I liked a few of the plot points in the first one more, but overall I feel the second is just better. I love the raidou games in general though and really want a third.

I'll say the same to you that I said to Dragonatrix: Game rules, and if the second one is really that much better, then I'm a happy camper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
When I think of a teenage detective I probably think of, I dunno, Scooby Doo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Detective Conan though

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Futaba, Haru, Fuka, and Ken plus costumes.

https://personacentral.com/persona-3-dancing-persona-5-dancing-scans-feature-futaba-haru-fuuka-ken-costumes/

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Raidou update: A mysterious man with a Rasputin beard walked out of the shadows, so I said out loud "Oh, it's Rasputin", and then it turned out it actually literally was Rasputin, and after a bit of villanous monologuing, he threw a Russian nesting doll at me with a Chernobog in it

Y'all "Raidou 1 isn't that good" folks are out of your loving minds

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Instant Grat posted:

Raidou update: A mysterious man with a Rasputin beard walked out of the shadows, so I said out loud "Oh, it's Rasputin", and then it turned out it actually literally was Rasputin, and after a bit of villanous monologuing, he threw a Russian nesting doll at me with a Chernobog in it

I really, really hope that in a year or so you come back and post "Jesus Christ, Raidou 2 is so much better than 1, I can't go back. How did this happen?"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really like Raidou 1 and Raidou 2 wasn’t that major an improvement to me. :shobon:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I welcome this new age of liveblogs in the SMT thread.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

same unironically

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lets hang out posted:

same unironically

also same, but ironically

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Instant Grat posted:

:allears: I forgot he stored demons in nesting dolls.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

When I think of a teenage detective I probably think of, I dunno, Scooby Doo.

I always thought they were in their 20s

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I really like Raidou 1 and Raidou 2 wasn’t that major an improvement to me. :shobon:

:same: I understand 2 brought many improvements but I never got the impression 1 was lackluster as the general consensus seems to say.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
1 was so strong in terms of setting and plot that I pretty much ignored all the flaws.

There were some real horseshit moments though.

FENCH DIGGITY
Oct 23, 2010

hee-ho, fuccboi
Nocturne liveblog update: finished Kabukicho prison and took care of the second kalpa tonight. That cursed tunnel with the 250k macca in it is weird af, if I hadn't been streaming and had people encouraging me to tank my way through it I would have just assumed the game expected me to come back later and probably never done it

I also think I'm gonna fuse Daisoujou and apparently break the game?? Nocturne status: still cool and good

I may have to add these Raidou games you're all talking about to my list of SMT stuff to play. The plan is DDS1/2 after I finish Nocturne and then I wasn't sure where to go after that. I might check out the SNES games (including the NES remakes) as just an oddity, I'm not sure if I would want to play those all the way through. But it's always fun to see where a series started.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
About the early SMT games, were they ever remade or just ported to newer systems?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SMT 1 and 2 are on mobile.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Motto posted:

SMT 1 and 2 are on mobile.

They were also released for GBA

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure the mobile pprts of smt1 and 2 broke when apple updated something

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think they're 32-bit so they're now dead or some poo poo.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Daisoujou puts in a hilarious amount of work in Nocturne. I never want to fuse mine away since he manages to keep up with the party.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I think Daisoujou lasted me right up until the final dungeon.

An effectively infinite MP pool will get you far in that game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So what happened to the strange journey remake again?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

So what happened to the strange journey remake again?

It comes out in May.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Its not out yet? The hell

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Yeah, infinite mp plus Salvation (or whatever it was called in Nocturne) and the usual ridiculously good fiend elemental resistances is worth a party slot for pretty much the entire game. Especially if you can fuse a buff or two on him.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cool but I like how a big plot point in P5 was all these pervert adults keep sexualizing Ann and then her costumes for this game are like basically naked

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Altus is a land of contrasts.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
P3 looks like the superior game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like Ryuji's Super Sentai outfit

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hatsune Aigis is a thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It looks like the P3 MC gets a Super Sentai outfit too? Also where the gently caress is Koromaru

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
are you sure that isn't akihiko

im not surprised that koromaru isnt in this game considering they cant even animate teenagers dancing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Cool but I like how a big plot point in P5 was all these pervert adults keep sexualizing Ann and then her costumes for this game are like basically naked
on the one hand: there was kind of a point about how ann doesnt mind when shes in control of her sexuality as shown by her teasing ryuji when shes in a bikini but also she's awkward about her costume

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

are you sure that isn't akihiko

im not surprised that koromaru isnt in this game considering they cant even animate teenagers dancing

Oh yeah it probably is.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

on the one hand: there was kind of a point about how ann doesnt mind when shes in control of her sexuality as shown by her teasing ryuji when shes in a bikini but also she's awkward about her costume

that point is also kinda underlined by her being a model, a job she chooses and enjoys that involves looking sexually attractive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

that point is also kinda underlined by her being a model, a job she chooses and enjoys that involves looking sexually attractive

but also, she's constantly awkward about her thief costume even though she was a model before she got it.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Endorph posted:

but also, she's constantly awkward about her thief costume even though she was a model before she got it.

Well, yeah; she doesn't feel as in control over her costume since it's (ostensibly) a subconscious thing, rather than a conscious one. Actually, it would've been cool if maxing out a teammate link gave them some kind of (visually) upgraded costume in addition to upgrading their persona.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
3 of the 4 girls all having catsuits is really lame considering everyone else's outfits are a really detailed affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ann should have had a Fujiko Mine outfit for her thief suit.