Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

lol the cops are giving trump so much cover by being so loving stupid

the GOP are making GBS threads on the FBI and now LEOs

its...something to behold~

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

euphronius posted:

a bunch of fire fighters ran into the wtc when they knew it would probably collapse

oh right no guns

I was gonna say they died in the first tower so they didn't know it would collapse (no skyscraper had ever collapsed to fire)

But this just makes the point even clearer that the heroes don't have guns:

quote:

The police radios worked much better, and most NYPD officers were evacuated from the North Tower after the South collapsed. But traditional departmental turf wars meant there was little communication between police officers and firemen, who lost more than 100 of their number in the second collapse.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Al! posted:

which the tick

Maybe I should ask you. Which one would be good to watch with my sweetheart? The old cartoon, the new Amazon series, ??

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

which the tick

most underrated the tick ep: the tick vs the big nothing

when he sees the infinity ball and is like "we have those. bigger numbers too!" and the space arthurs are like "whoooaaa wtf" its perfection

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
the tick doesn't do much for me because superhero parodies are barely a thing because superheroes are so proliofic now that they slyly wink at themselves in every movie/netflix/etc bullshit that comes out so it's like who cares

frisky dingo is good though not because of the superhero angle but kinbda in spite of it

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Solarin posted:

everything is weird and nothing matters

everything was beautiful and nothing hurt

:cabot:

augias
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM54Hczsz4U

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also the nihilist slogans

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

petit choux posted:

How about I NOT ignore my wife, take huge bong hits, and make her watch ep1 of The Tick w me because I'm too sick to have sex and she's never heard of The Tick before?

I really want to tie her down and make her watch Frisky Dingo all the way through, one season per weekend, but I'll settle for this, maybe.

drat, gently caress The Tick, I think FD is still the way to go. It's not gonna be anywhere near relevant for much longer. Help me Thread.

The tick is cool but there's a chance someone will initially find it lame and not wanna keep watching it

Frisky dingo imo, or venture bros first then frisky dingo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

if frisky dingo hadnt been cancelled it wouldve done the same thing as archer though where it kinda runs out of ideas then keeps runnin on fumes becoming extremely hit or miss

i guess this is all TV tho basically

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

petit choux posted:

Maybe I should ask you. Which one would be good to watch with my sweetheart? The old cartoon, the new Amazon series, ??

idk depends on ur sweetheart but id probably watch the cartoon myself

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

What I'm gathering here is armed guards will solve all of the problems

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

petit choux posted:

animaniacs

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

misdirectomy posted:

What I'm gathering here is armed guards will solve all of the problems

they'll let a kid with a gun off with a warning if he's wearing a maga hat. it's called the "trumpy freebie"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

animaney

totally insaney

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

everything was beautiful and nothing hurt

:cabot:

felt

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

petit choux posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

petit choux posted:

space jam

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

I was gonna say they died in the first tower so they didn't know it would collapse (no skyscraper had ever collapsed to fire)

But this just makes the point even clearer that the heroes don't have guns:

I'm pretty sure they knew what was happening

the fire chief was right there and died too

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

At first I thought I was dumb for assuming Trudeau would be PM for like a monarch-level length of time, but I did some quick research on Canadian politics right now and yeah Trudeau ain't going anywhere for like at least a decade unless some crazy poo poo happens

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pancakes posted:

I keep trying to get Trump thread posters to go climbing or running with me or something but none of you fuckers live in Chicago, Trump's least favorite city. :(

I used to have a buddy, Death March Mark, who would take all of us out on hiking or skiing or canoeing expeditions and wear everybody the gently caress out and all the loving whining suburbanites would swear off of him. I'm one of the few idiots that went out with him on multiple trips and stayed friends. That wouldn't be you, by any chance, would it? (I could no longer survive it now, BTW)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

shiksa posted:

they'll let a kid with a gun off with a warning if he's wearing a maga hat. it's called the "trumpy freebie"

cop: what are u planning to do with that gun son?

chud: gonna shoot up the school

cop: heh funny joke kid guess everything is clear here

chud: I want to kill everyone who isn’t white

cop: lol this kids a real hoot!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

one of these days I need to take one of the buses that run from here up to Chicago so you can pick me up and get me drunk for a week

I'm too fat and, at the moment, out of shape to do either of those things tho. I could maybe do climbing in a three stooges kinda way tho

My fantasy is still to just rent a loving beach house around here and invite all you scamps out to a Wagner Ring party. Wagner optional.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

At first I thought I was dumb for assuming Trudeau would be PM for like a monarch-level length of time, but I did some quick research on Canadian politics right now and yeah Trudeau ain't going anywhere for like at least a decade unless some crazy poo poo happens

Stephen Harper destroyed canadian conservatives for a generation

I miss Jack Layton. he was the Federal NDP leader forever, an incredible progressive, and would have fit in well with today’s politics. him and Bernie Sanders for sure would have been best pals :3: (I also used to see him ride his bike in Toronto Chinatown for years)

Rocks has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Feb 23, 2018

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

euphronius posted:

I'm pretty sure they knew what was happening

the fire chief was right there and died too

They only realized it was gonna collapse like 20 mins before it did, and they started trying to get the other firemen out ASAP. Most of them died trying to leave no man behind, which is v noble

Most of the police GTFO of both towers at that point though

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It really is perfect. It's like a very unsubtle political cartoon come to life.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pancakes posted:

E: They assume there are narcs everywhere, apparently.

Well, I do too, but old habits die hard.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rocks posted:

Stephen Harper destroyed canadian conservatives for a generation

I miss Jack Layton. he was the Federal NDP leader forever, an incredible progressive, and would have fit in well with today’s politics. him and Bernie Sanders for sure would have been best pals :3: (I also used to see him ride his bike in Toronto Chinatown for years)

:(

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Internet Webguy posted:

cop: what are u planning to do with that gun son?

chud: gonna shoot up the school

cop: heh funny joke kid guess everything is clear here

chud: I want to kill everyone who isn’t white

cop: lol this kids a real hoot!

That cop's name? New York Timestein.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

if frisky dingo hadnt been cancelled it wouldve done the same thing as archer though where it kinda runs out of ideas then keeps runnin on fumes becoming extremely hit or miss

i guess this is all TV tho basically

archer was never good though.

really, their quality is their shows in chronological order

sealab 2021 > frisky dingo > archer

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
good guy with a gun?

budd dwyer

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

petit choux posted:

Tick:TAS has the best opening music/action combo of any show in history fight me

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Nichael posted:

It really is perfect. It's like a very unsubtle political cartoon come to life.

Another

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/966737377506091009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Utz posted:

good guy with a gun?

budd dwyer

Hitler

• Locked thread