Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Willie Tomg posted:

The power curve of this game is INSANE. Straight up: i don't like how levels are gatekeepered to power level, and I'd rather have a smart power 50 guy than a dumbass power 400 or whatever, but GOD going back to Normal to help someone level and breaking it over your knee feels good.

It was that way in the first one. Good equipment is nice for sure, but no quality of gear will help the guy who keep running off on his own, refuses to help the group, and can't find the block button to save his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Does the bounty hunter "ranged crit every 8 seconds or after a melee kill" still trigger on every shot from an alt fire repeater and both recharge and trigger on the rapier's pistol? That was probably the most powerful setup I found as saltzypyre though I found the pistols more fun.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Seriously though how do you use the rapier gun, I couldn't find the keybind for it in the menu (unless they changed it in this latest release?)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is like mouse 3 or 4.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Third World Reggin posted:

It is like mouse 3 or 4.

And if you have a peasant mouse without extra buttons are you just stuck unable to rebind it?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Currently, yeah.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Did they fix the thing where you crash if you join someone’s game with an orange item you crash? Would love to actually use them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You can use orange items now.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Anyone worked out how to make the boxes spit out higher number items? I've seen that normal difficulty boxes are capped to Hero Power 100 and that opening items on your lowest level character doesn't seem to be very different, if at all, than your highest. Its like the strongest correlation is with the number of boxes opened, which sounds depressingly grindy.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is this the beta that lets us keep our progress?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

juggalo baby coffin posted:

is this the beta that lets us keep our progress?

That'd be rad. I can't find anything on the forums about it, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

no, preorder early access starts on the 28th

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm surprised they dropped the NDA on this one so fast, considering they also already opened the beta up to all pre-orders I think they surprised themselves with how good the game is and want people to see. Because the game is very good. Been checking twitch streams of it occasionally and there's a lot of new people in the chat becoming interested and even pre-ordering just from watching it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It probably also helps that Hams Total War was a hit and increased interest in the setting.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
They said the first one went sold 2 million across all platforms, without any formal advertising just word of mouth.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Any idea how to get rid of the debug info like FPS and position, etc, in the bottom of the screen? Somewhat distracting.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes a power attack with a flail has a flaah animation, and sometimes it doesnt flash. Is it still a power attack? You dont have to release the flail at a proper moment do you?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Sometimes a power attack with a flail has a flaah animation, and sometimes it doesnt flash. Is it still a power attack? You dont have to release the flail at a proper moment do you?

Haven't used this weapon but you're probably seeing the crit effect

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
red streaks following your weapon means it's a critical attack yes

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

what saltzpyre's trials look like

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Bloodlust talent on Pyromancer can't possibly be working as intended. As long as you get a little bit of Murder MomentumTM going you can just keep your entire health bar full of temp-HP--which is even better than real HP because unlike real HP temp HP comes back insanely fast.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So, somewhat irritating: it doesn't look like you can upgrade a weapon from grey to green, so until I roll a green rapier, I can't do much of anything with it. And I love that offhand pistol. The rest of his stuff is nice I suppose, but that rapier/pistol combination is just fabulous. Since every game has an elf that just melts hundreds of clanrats/slaves with hagbane shots, I'm contenting myself with racking up the special/stormvermin kills, plus having a potion+brace combo to just unload into the huge bosses.

e:

Ravenfood posted:

Does the bounty hunter "ranged crit every 8 seconds or after a melee kill" still trigger on every shot from an alt fire repeater and both recharge and trigger on the rapier's pistol? That was probably the most powerful setup I found as saltzypyre though I found the pistols more fun.
And a really quick look says: yes the off-hand pistol counts as both melee and ranged so it both procs and refreshes the off-hand pistol crit which is always handy (as long as that remains I will definitely take the critical hits heal talent once I get to that level) and it seems like yes, you can still get 8 crits off at once with the repeater alt-fire though you now have to wait for the barrel-spinning animation to finish before you can fire.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 23, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
holy poo poo this game is good, but also garbage with pubs

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Been playing the beta a bit and noticed Krueber now says "A lovely draught! :)" when drinking a draught.

I'm glad he acquired a taste for it. It's the small comforts in a terrible rat/chaos apocalypse that matter.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mikedawson posted:

Been playing the beta a bit and noticed Krueber now says "A lovely draught! :)" when drinking a draught.

I'm glad he acquired a taste for it. It's the small comforts in a terrible rat/chaos apocalypse that matter.

I've also heard "Yep, you're still no ale" so it's more of a grudging realization that it's all he has left. :v:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Can someone give me some tips on how to be A Good Elf bc I feel like I have no idea what I am doing

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The lack of weapon stats and information compared to the first game is baffling.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Those stats were useful for exactly the first patch and then never again.

That said, my larger surprise is that with all the new space we have in the keep, there’s no illusory target rats that stand still for you to test weapons on. Knowing your HTK before you go into a level is really important and the new weird squish ness of hero power makes it honestly difficult to nail down.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

The lack of weapon stats and information compared to the first game is baffling.

Yeah, the barebones tooltips are pretty bad. It's nice that you can go test things on dummies to see how they work, but a lot of things (half of Sienna's staves, Bardin's secondary drakefire pistol attack) just plain don't show numbers so who even knows what they're doing!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Got the level 20 talent. I don't use healing items anymore, I just leave them to my friends while I trundle on with an entirely white hp bar.

There was even a point tonight where I was the only one left alive, getting mobbed by rat hordes, and I just stopped bothering to block because I could generate temporary health faster than they could hit me.

edit: I play on hard

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 23, 2018

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
My only real beef so far is the lack of "Damage taken" stat in the end of mission stats. How am I supposed to shame my friends?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Coolguye posted:

Those stats were useful for exactly the first patch and then never again.

That said, my larger surprise is that with all the new space we have in the keep, there’s no illusory target rats that stand still for you to test weapons on. Knowing your HTK before you go into a level is really important and the new weird squish ness of hero power makes it honestly difficult to nail down.

The target dummies give you an exact damage number of your attack when you hit with it. The only problem is that some attacks don't seem to register on them. For example I noticed with Sienna the shotgun blast of the beam staff doesn't register on them, but the beam and the beam+plus blast move do register. Weirder still Sienna has two different animations for doing a charge attack with the flame sword, one where she enchants her weapon and slashes with it (which registers) and one where she enchants her free hand and slashes with the armoured claw of it (which doesn't).

Another handy thing about the target dummies is you can move them around your keep and place them. Want to test extreme range? Move it to the far end of a spot where you can pew pew at it. You can also pick up a bunch and group them together for aoe stuff if you really like seeing numbers fly around.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The best new addition is instead of just yelling, Merc Kruber gives a little inspirational speech when you use his active now.

"Come on and get some, we're the bloody Ubersreik five! Or...or four, right now, but doesn't matter!"

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Can someone give me some tips on how to be A Good Elf bc I feel like I have no idea what I am doing

Get a hagsbane bow, point it at groups of rats and fire. Get a bunch of circles under your name at the end of the mission.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Phlogistic posted:

Get a hagsbane bow, point it at groups of rats and fire. Get a bunch of circles under your name at the end of the mission.

Charge the shot first so it hits more than one person.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I played my first map last night as Kruber.

Blunderbuss still owns and is a total horde sweeper if you keep the enemies bottled up in a doorway.

My game ran like total poo poo, droping frames all over the place until I updated to the most recent NVidia drivers. When I played a spot this morning it ran much smoother.

In the map with all the wheat fields, if you turn your graphics settings to the lowest settings, you don't actually see the wheat and everything happens over barren empty fields.

Marauders are great. I love the gross wheezing they do when they are running after you and shotgunning berserkers never got old.

Aside from that, I wish it were easier to tell what weapons had armor piercing on uncharged attacks like you could tell with Vermintide 1. I want to try the Halberd but I would really appreciate knowing how it's going to behave before I start in on it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Aside from that, I wish it were easier to tell what weapons had armor piercing on uncharged attacks like you could tell with Vermintide 1. I want to try the Halberd but I would really appreciate knowing how it's going to behave before I start in on it.
Its not perfect but there's some armored targets you can poke at in the Keep. The only thing that confuses me is that sometimes my brace of pistols triggers the +armor pop-up on Chaos Warriors and sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure out why.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Ravenfood posted:

Its not perfect but there's some armored targets you can poke at in the Keep. The only thing that confuses me is that sometimes my brace of pistols triggers the +armor pop-up on Chaos Warriors and sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure out why.

Headshots ignore armour so it might be that

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
What exactly does +infantry damage not apply to? Specials in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The target dummies give you an exact damage number of your attack when you hit with it. The only problem is that some attacks don't seem to register on them. For example I noticed with Sienna the shotgun blast of the beam staff doesn't register on them, but the beam and the beam+plus blast move do register. Weirder still Sienna has two different animations for doing a charge attack with the flame sword, one where she enchants her weapon and slashes with it (which registers) and one where she enchants her free hand and slashes with the armoured claw of it (which doesn't).

Another handy thing about the target dummies is you can move them around your keep and place them. Want to test extreme range? Move it to the far end of a spot where you can pew pew at it. You can also pick up a bunch and group them together for aoe stuff if you really like seeing numbers fly around.

The dummies are good but they don't give you HTK which as coolguye says is a very squishy thing now

I'm seeing weirdness with them too, like handgun bullets not penetrating them even though I've killed 2 special rats with 1 shot before. It feels like chaos block cleaving and penetration more than rats and the dummies might be based on them, but I don't have proof

• Locked thread