Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The MSJ posted:

Tell me you don't want to see Snyder direct the scene where Petunia and Porky Jr were killed with one sniper bullet.

I just don't think he has the comedy chops for the canon scene though or when they are stabbing the trolls in cages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

Hell yeah, a Flamin' Hot Cheetos movie, and you thought Hollywood had run out of super heroes!

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/flamin-hot-cheetos-movie-devon-franklin-fox-searchlight-1202707879/

So much for Hollywood pandering to the overseas market. I don't think the rest of the world has ever heard of chili cheetos, and so far we haven't really experienced it as a loss.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

It's a biopic they'll spend $20-50mil on. Who needs china when you only need to make $100mil to turn a profit.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

I just don't think he has the comedy chops for the canon scene though or when they are stabbing the trolls in cages.

TTG is Looney Tunes with more violence. The "0 days since injury" gag in Man of Steel was pretty Looney Tunes, as was Superman's first flight wipeout.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Honestly I believe Kim Jee-woon would be the perfect fit.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

if it took him months to realize he didn't have a story for Batgirl he'll probably finally realize he's a hack when he turns 75.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
You know, I'm still really disappointed that Silver Linings Playbook didn't lead to Chris Tucker return.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've never even had a Cheeto and I spent a year of my life on a web series about snacks

Are they any good?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Though I should stress that the series in question was primarily potato chip centric and I think that Cheetos are some sort of maize thing like 99% of all foods you people eat.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Cheetos are OK as far as crappy junk food goes. The problem is they leave your fingers a disgusting mess.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

sponges posted:

Cheetos are OK as far as crappy junk food goes. The problem is they leave your fingers a disgusting mess.

Cheetos are gross, but if you have to eat them get the puffy ones

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

sponges posted:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't like cheetos or that sorta junk (also only just realized there ain't a second h) but never having had one seems odd
On the other hand I did straight up have my first smore within the last year

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Cheetos are awesome hot cheetos are awesomer

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Step one: get some corn chowder or potato soup
Step two: put some flaming hot Cheetos on top
Step three: eat that poo poo up

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A few of the Korean cheetos flavors are loving awesome and I'm blessed that a market near me sells them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress Cheetos. We have a local equivalent here in New Orleans called Chee-Wees. They have BBQ flavor, green onion, hot & spicy, etc. and they taste far better than Cheetos. Also far less messy to eat.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in a Super Mario Bros movie/

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Chris Tucker as the voice of Cappy
Jackie Chan as Mario
Jean Claude Van Damme as Bowser

Also this film is being made in like 1999

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 23, 2018

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Mario: Kristen Stewart
Peach: Robert Pattinson
Bowser: Taylor Lautner
Luigi: Jennifer Lawrence

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Mario: John Cena
Luigi: Rey Mysterio
Bowser: Big Show

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I think the best possible movie for Batgirl begins with The Killing Joke and the emotional and physical fallout from that. She mourns her life as she thought it would be and comes to terms with that while realizing she can still make a contribution.

It would need to be a small, personal, tight movie. Hopefully it would help DC claw some credibility back.

Plus, put the Joker and Harley in the trailer and rake in the :10bux:

Yes, I know Harley isn't in The Killing Joke.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress the killing joke. Open with the killing joke but she opens the door to him with a gun and punches his loving lights out.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The funny thing about Whedon not having an idea for Batgirl is there's a pretty recent series starring her that's focused a lot on her life with her friends in what's pretty much the Gotham equivalent of Brooklyn and that seemed like something that was tailor made for Whedon.

In non comic book movie talk, I watched The Open House on Netflix last night and it was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Not even so bad it's funny, just so bad. Terrible plot, acting, camera work, non-ending, every horror movie cliche you can imagine, just complete bullshit.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Al Borland Corp. posted:

gently caress the killing joke. Open with the killing joke but she opens the door to him with a gun and punches his loving lights out.

I just like Oracle and am still angry they retconned her.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Oracle and am glad she's been retconned

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've said it before but I think, from my non-comic reading background, that DC gas bean coasting on some edgy poo poo Alan Moore wrote the same year I was born. And that it's time to move on.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You could even do wheelchair-bound Oracle but change her origin, then make it about her trying to become a cop to follow her father's footsteps but is delegated to a desk job. Frustrated, she uses her technical capabilities to hack into Batman's security systems, and becomes his technical advisor. But then one of the villains (Harley maybe?) realizes that if they remove Oracle from the equation, Batman will be weakened, and targets her, and Barbara has to avoid getting captured/killed.

I guess that wouldn't be a "Batgirl" film, though. Maybe that's the stumbling block Joss hit.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Base the tone off of the fun Cameron Stewart run, have it about Barbara Gordon becoming Batgirl and trying to hide it from her father, throw in Poison Ivy as the villain and have Batfleck show up in the stinger to begrudgingly give her his respect and boom, you have the DCEU equivalent of a Spider-Man homecoming that also reps a female lead for girls to look up to. Shelve all of The Killing Joke darkness, and just let it be a fun, quickly adventure flick.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Roll up Batgirl and Batwoman into the same character and get freaky

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I've said it before but I think, from my non-comic reading background, that DC gas bean coasting on some edgy poo poo Alan Moore wrote the same year I was born. And that it's time to move on.

Well now they are moving on to having a DC-Watchmen crossover.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

The MSJ posted:

Well now they are moving on to having a DC-Watchmen crossover.

Watchmen-Charlton crossover would loving own.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I like Oracle and am glad she's been retconned

:same:

I never like her remaining Oracle given that she lives in a superhero universe filled with magic and superscience and healing powers, but no, she's got to be in a wheelchair. Its particularly glaring when we have stuff like exoskeletons and stem cells and other medical advances that are restoring people's ability to be mobile again. Just give her a MANTIS powered suit and have her become power-armor Batgirl.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Batgirl got relaunched back in 2011 with DC's "New 52" where Barbara Gordon had recovered from the events of Killing Joke thanks to experimental surgery and could walk again, although she had PTSD and survivor's guilt to deal with. As you can guess they didn't manage to get through that without some controversy, especially over this image:

In 2016 they relaunched the title yet again as part of the "DC Rebirth" event and they wound Barbara Gordon back to a time before Killing Joke had happened. In this new version she's a college student and the tone is "a fun, fresh approach to the character"

It's honestly a bit hosed that the character's defining moment for the last three decades has almost always been that time that a supervillain crippled and molested her simply as a psychological tool against her dad.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Actually, that would be pretty cool. Have her be wheelchair bound, but use an exosuit to be Batgirl. Maybe have her base some of the tech off of the Armored Batsuit from BvS? That would be a really rad way to sort of combined the various interpretations of the character. It would also set up a nice dynamic of her not letting her disability prevent her from helping the people of Gotham, and add an extra sense of weight to Jim Gordon’s overprotectiveness of his daughter.

And I wouldn’t even use The Killing Joke for her paralysis. Either keep the cause of it undefined, or tie it into a character moment like a car crash or something.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fart City posted:

Actually, that would be pretty cool. Have her be wheelchair bound, but use an exosuit to be Batgirl. Maybe have her base some of the tech off of the Armored Batsuit from BvS? That would be a really rad way to sort of combined the various interpretations of the character. It would also set up a nice dynamic of her not letting her disability prevent her from helping the people of Gotham, and add an extra sense of weight to Jim Gordon’s overprotectiveness of his daughter.

And I wouldn’t even use The Killing Joke for her paralysis. Either keep the cause of it undefined, or tie it into a character moment like a car crash or something.

Well now you're just ripping off the 90s TV show MANTIS.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

AND HAPPILY.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

If they don’t get Oscar Isaac to play the man who invented Flamin Hot Cheetos, what’s even the point of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's honestly a bit hosed that the character's defining moment for the last three decades has almost always been that time that a supervillain crippled and molested her simply as a psychological tool against her dad.

See, I've always felt her defining moment was her putting herself back together, and into a place that's arguably more valuable than an additional body to punch dudes in an alley. I think there's value to having a prominent wheelchair character, and I think it's clever that she created a whole dispatcher/hacker/archivist role for herself.

Edit: the killing joke is there so they have an excuse to throw Joker in for the trailers and get the fanboy money.