Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Dana Crysalis posted:

Are you using a provoker? Provoking means both dragons target the provoker, so one skill gets overridden by the other.

nope. One of their moves simply doesn't go on for many turns at a time despite their weird effects being shown on different people.
W/E, the swords arent worth it, and the event is done in about 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Got an 1165 attack Aileen up as buddy for the raid, includes Machine Killer materia. Hope this guy isn't earth resistant!

if you need a raid friend.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I also skipped the dragons. I can go without the swords and lapis.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Well I killed the dragons, just had to get the last one to 25 Percent and take 3 or so turns burning him with a friend Barb and Grim Sakura.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I fought the dragons, but didn't bother going for the swords. I just wanted the moogle.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
10+1 ticket gave 2 rainbows. Prishe #2 and 3, to go with the one I already pulled a month or so ago. I mean, I liked her in FFXI (and was happy to get the first one for that reason), but this is just silly. Could get a lot of hats, I guess

I also did a last minute ticket dump in hopes of pulling a doggo. Almost immediately a rainbow crystal came down, but it was Ace (#2). A future 7* is nice, but not what I wanted.

Then for whatever dumb reason I decided to toss a few tickets at the other banner in hopes of getting a Cupid Artemios. Instead the third crystal went blue --> gold --> rainbow: Yun. I'll take it over Artemios, but of course I'd pull a banner 5* off the wrong banner.

Went back to the first banner, and after eventually pulling Mystea I was ready to call it quits since I had never gotten her, so at least now I had a magic tank, even if it wasn't in dog form. But I spent 5 more tickets anyway and, holy poo poo, the last one's a rainbow, and holy poo poo it's Chow! RIP Mystea, my prospective magic tank for 3 minutes.

In conclusion, that was 5 rainbows in about 50 pulls (including the 10+1), so I guess I can't complain about my gacha luck for quite a while now! Also, thank god it's cactuar weekend.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Another great banner that I don't need to waste pulls on. Thanks Gumi. Not even a new base 4 worth chasing. How lazy.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Good riddance to CNY. These 2 weeks coupled with their bundle/banner disasters have had a hell of an impact on the community. Not even the hack or Christmas got this bad.

I'm guessing it's the only reason they suddenly have somewhat reasonable deals up today but I'm sure it's too little too late.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did a couple 1/2 pulls on the prior banner and finally got a Ling, now that she's of far less use. :confuoot:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Am I correct in seeing that the machine’s attacks are 100% physical?

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The raid boss also did a bunch of status attacks (confusion, paralysis, and blind?) while I was slowly grinding it down to get the esper summon.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

Am I correct in seeing that the machine’s attacks are 100% physical?

He only has 25 mag, so that’s likely the case.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Illusionist Nichol put up for those with evasion units. All you will need is a confusion resist. He isn’t really geared for damage, but can set up Atk/Mag Break and tank provoke in 1 turn.

Made 6 or so slots open

878 326 285

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
posting my Aileen if anyone cares. bring your own and one-turn robo-spider, even using the repeat button... I guess that's nice in the "less time spent on raid" department.

She's only 1140 ATK, so less spicy that arisu's

090 180 201

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Just got a 4* summon ticket off the Raid Summon banner :stare:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, two or three decent Orlandeu will knock the raid guy out on ELT in one turn.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Illusionist Nichol is good for those trying to get the Esper reward. I don’t plan to keep him up the entire time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Raid time means friend list purge time. I have a bunch of spots open at 103,135,071, with an A2 solo carry up. Just load her and hit auto, and a couple minutes later you're done.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I got a 1% ALL Trust Moogle out of the raid gacha. So, there's that.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So is this new banner worth pulling on? Last 5 star I pulled was the new Sakura who seems p decent, but I've been getting nothing but garbage since then. 10+1 ticket was pure trash and if these new 5 stars aren't anything to write home about I'll prob sit it out for a couple weeks.

Edit - hmm just pulled an olive off of an ex ticket, is she still usable? I run cloud and onion knight for my physical damage guys but she has ability awakenings if I'm not mistaken. Are they enough to bump her up to the upper ranks?

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 23, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So is this new banner worth pulling on? Last 5 star I pulled was the new Sakura who seems p decent, but I've been getting nothing but garbage since then. 10+1 ticket was pure trash and if these new 5 stars aren't anything to write home about I'll prob sit it out for a couple weeks.

Edit - hmm just pulled an olive off of an ex ticket, is she still usable? I run cloud and onion knight for my physical damage guys but she has ability awakenings if I'm not mistaken. Are they enough to bump her up to the upper ranks?

The 2 rainbows on this banner are decent if you have cloud and 1 or 2 elf ladies for a TDH build. Otherwise they are crap.

Olive's enhancements let her have absurd ATK, especially if(again) you have cloud + elf ladies, but she is still a finisher in a meta where finishers have trouble finding a place.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'd say both of them are pretty junk and you shouldn't bother rolling for them. Aranea can be more useful in 7* form but she's still pretty bad.

Like if you already had finisher gear then you might as well have rolled in the CNY banner because it had the strongest finisher and strongest magic tank in the game till 7*s

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s my Olive with almost BIS. All I need is one Elfreeda to take the place of an earring.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Here’s my Olive with almost BIS. All I need is one Elfreeda to take the place of an earring.

Why? You should be capped on equip attack already.

Sparky = 50%
Passives = 150%
Buster Style = 100%

Total = 300%

Wait is this because of the weird stat allocation on global ex characters?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Awesome thanks a bunch everyone. Clouds been a decent finisher for me and I just like having him fart around out there, but after potting her up and awakening 1 level of her mastery ability it looks like Olive can really rock that Atk stat something fierce.

Does anyone run blossom Sakura? I've been tag teaming her with grim Sakura for my magic damage and some support since b Sakura has that awesome 100% booster. I'm always torn on who to drop out though, since my top units are onion knight, cloud, the Sakura sisters, Roy and Ayaka.

I do have a lunera as well that I've been contemplating working in if she? might be more effective than cloud or some such, but it looks like a pretty ginormous investment to awaken all that stuff and I don't want to have it turn out to be garbo .

Is there a rough thread consensus of who's a must run out of that crew? Also if there's a clear choice for best friend unit to put up and max out with the best gear and such, or at least one for physical damage and one for magic?

Anywho thanks again for the replies it's always appreciated!

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 24, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cartoon Man posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something BIS would be double ring of lucii and an apron dress from there. She's at 300% DH atk but only 180% atk. All 3 are worth 54 each for a net gain of 57 (and a total of 300% DH / 270% atk).

e: sorry, crossed up my percentages in my explanation

Ugato fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 24, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Olive has less than 200 attack fully potted. 2 rings of lucii = 60% extra % attack from base which comes up to less than 120 extra attack. Two deschs are 90 extra attack, but with the extra 300% equip attack it comes up to 270 extra attacks which beats out two ring of luciis pretty easily.

Equipment attack scales way higher than % attack. 7* and the extra pots you can feed bridge the gap a little but thats immediately wiped out again with STMRs.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Olive has less than 200 attack fully potted. 2 rings of lucii = 60% extra % attack from base which comes up to less than 120 extra attack. Two deschs are 90 extra attack, but with the extra 300% equip attack it comes up to 270 extra attacks which beats out two ring of luciis pretty easily.

Equipment attack scales way higher than % attack. 7* and the extra pots you can feed bridge the gap a little but thats immediately wiped out again with STMRs.

Well, it would be 360* for their total value for comparison's sake; haven't messed around with theorycrafting dh stats, but I messed around with it some to get it in my head.

Original point still stands though, elfreeda's is actually a downgrade.

* - So, 180 per earring or 300 base atk

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Olive's enhancements let her have absurd ATK, especially if(again) you have cloud + elf ladies, but she is still a finisher in a meta where finishers have trouble finding a place.

Olive is actually the most cost-efficient finisher* since she doesn't need the whole Cloud + 2x Elfreeda TMR set. Her BiS set is 2x Elfreeda (no Cloud) and close behind that is 1x Cloud (no Elfreeda) and then 1x Elfreeda (no 2nd Elfreeda or Cloud). All of those sets get over 1700 ATK.

* no counting Ang, who is so busted that he will out-shine every other BiS TDH-geared finisher even without any TDH gear. But I didn't pull him so gently caress him.

Edit: Also I wouldn't recommend pulling on this banner either. Both 5*s are awful, and everyone has at least one of the 4* and 3* in case you need their TMRs and you probably don't. Keep doing Dailies if you have the lapis but otherwise just save for the upcoming CG banners and Sephiroth/Lila.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 24, 2018

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I just want to give props to whoever put up the 100% dodge Warrior of Light as their friend unit for the trial. I like your style.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

werdnam posted:

I just want to give props to whoever put up the 100% dodge Warrior of Light as their friend unit for the trial. I like your style.

I mean I probably should have waited until next week, but whatever, I went ahead and built him. :)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So I went ahead and threw a single login EX ticket away.

Gold. Rainbow. The silent mental prayer of "please be something new or cool" begins. Somewhere the finger on a monkey's paw curls up...

Jiraiya.

Which is uh, new, but... is there anything good or fun you can do with this guy at all?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
His TM is debatably BiS for someone... maybe?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

You get a free Omnirod from raid rewards. Especially nice for myself since I have no MAG gear.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Office Thug posted:

You get a free Omnirod from raid rewards. Especially nice for myself since I have no MAG gear.

I made a comment on this in the Discord when I got mine...I thought there was another hack and we all got gifted the random TMR

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

hagie posted:

I made a comment on this in the Discord when I got mine...I thought there was another hack and we all got gifted the random TMR

I think it's the first instance for GL, but in JP they usually have a TMR as a raid ladder reward. Over christmas they had a free Excalibur because why not.

Seems like it's only 3* TMRs, but most of the interesting weapons are 3* TMRs anyways.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even tough the banner is trash the actual raid is easy and if I remember right it has the best attack helmet that isnt a tmr. That and the potential to draw 4* tickets, 10% moogles and the other 5% specific tmrs being relatively useful means its 100% ok to forever grind it.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I can confirm that 10% moogles are a thing. I got one after ~110k coins spent, along with the afformentioned 4* ticket I should have taken a screencap of.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Office Thug posted:

along with the afformentioned 4* ticket I should have taken a screencap of.

Incidentally, do these show up in the initial summons with the cactaurs, etc. or the longer materials list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Materials list. Different color border so it's pretty easy to spot.

• Locked thread