Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh and Harpy Elves.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-the-khineraigw-homepage-post-3/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

jadarx posted:

You can only take warscrolls that have an allegiance in the allies section of your main allegiance. So for example, if you're doing Grand Host of Nagash, your only options are Flesheater Courts.

okay, that answers that. then the corollary: do those allied warscroll choices also get the army's allegiance bonus? if i took an abhorrant ghoul king in a Legion of Sacrament army, for instance, would the ghoul king get access to the LoS command benefits, artefacts and warlord traits, like any other Wizard Hero in the army?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

nope. They don’t even get Deathless Minions since that’s a Legion-keyword buff in that allegiance.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat, i really liked the idea of drawing in some more esoteric Death Wizards to be Arkhan's motley crew of apprentices, and i always liked the strigoi ghoul king fluff. oh well, guess i'll just need to get creative with my necromancer and vampire lord proxies to keep the hero roster from looking samey

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

zeal posted:

drat, i really liked the idea of drawing in some more esoteric Death Wizards to be Arkhan's motley crew of apprentices, and i always liked the strigoi ghoul king fluff. oh well, guess i'll just need to get creative with my necromancer and vampire lord proxies to keep the hero roster from looking samey

Well putting on of the VL's on a Zombie Dragon will help with them not looking samey.

But yeah it's a bit of shame we don't have a few more mages to use.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well getting a mortarch box still nets you the two riders you don't use. Would just need a suitable looking undead mount to kit bash them onto to make them mounted vampire lords.

Though come to think of it I bet Neferata would like good on a skeleton bourne palanquin.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am shocked how much I am liking the AoS fluff now that I am actually reading through the codexes. Flesh Eater Courts rule, and I have always liked the Strigoi the most of the Vampire families.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

The primary reason they can't be taken as allies is because GW is trying as hard as they can to kill them off.

I really, really want the reason for this to be that they're planning to release a new Death Faction that basically usurps their quasi-Egyptian theme and they don't want two competing ranges. It's not gonna happen, but a man can dream.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I really, really want the reason for this to be that they're planning to release a new Death Faction that basically usurps their quasi-Egyptian theme and they don't want two competing ranges. It's not gonna happen, but a man can dream.

Personally I'd be fine with them salvaging the newer construct kits and replacing the skeletons with full on mummies

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

I tried figuring out what they call all their days and how the calendar works. Was almost done! But then two days had the same date...

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

AnEdgelord posted:

Personally I'd be fine with them salvaging the newer construct kits and replacing the skeletons with full on mummies

They could just release an upgrade sprue (or even the original TK skeleton sprues) and it would fit the current lot just fine.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
after playing a whole lot of Total Warhammer 2 what I really want is a Warsphinx

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

A re-release of Tomb Kings that are no longer under Nagash's control would be the perfect death-allegiance compliment to the Legions of Nagash and really help flesh out that grand alliance.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Moose-Alini posted:

I tried figuring out what they call all their days and how the calendar works. Was almost done! But then two days had the same date...

To be honest, probably a typo. Cometsday should be on the 3rd.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Decided I want to build a Flesh-eater Courts army because their fluff is that good and they look like loads of fun. The capacity for customization, though, is less good. Are there any interesting color schemes they could go in besides various hues of pale and livid? I’m considering doing the terrorgheist in fossilized/stony colors.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tardigrade posted:

Decided I want to build a Flesh-eater Courts army because their fluff is that good and they look like loads of fun. The capacity for customization, though, is less good. Are there any interesting color schemes they could go in besides various hues of pale and livid? I’m considering doing the terrorgheist in fossilized/stony colors.

Paint Bretonnian heraldry on their skin.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

S.J. posted:

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

S.J. posted:

And dole out pot helmets throughout the army. The big guys would look adorable.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am shocked how much I am liking the AoS fluff now that I am actually reading through the codexes. Flesh Eater Courts rule, and I have always liked the Strigoi the most of the Vampire families.

Yeah, they're doing a good job on the fluff via the army books. FEC was the book that flipped the switch for me as well.

Moose-Alini posted:

Floppychop posted:

To be honest, probably a typo. Cometsday should be on the 3rd.
They started from the January 2018 calendar, as all the dates match up to our days:
Azyr’s Gleaming is January, Golden Harvests is February, and Cometsday is March.
Starsday is Tuesday, Voidsday is Thursday, Cometsday is Friday, Moonsday is Saturday. Sigsmarsday is likely Sunday, and is probably a typo.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Those day names need shortening, if only because I'd love to have a pint on a Sigsday.

The fluff for the Stormcast book needs updating because it still reads like a desperate sales pitch, but the later stuff is a lot more interesting.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Morathi's up.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Tardigrade posted:

If you don’t mind the looking more inhuman, I find dark blues contrast nicely with red bloodstains.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

If you don’t mind the looking more inhuman, I find dark blues contrast nicely with red bloodstains.

I was also considering bruise purple and deserty browns/yellows (going back to basics with Middle Eastern ghouls).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-magic-and-prayersgw-homepage-post-3/

Magic preview for the Cult of Khaine.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I was in an AoS tournament a few weeks ago and in that, I was popping off Hold the Line, Wildform, and Mystic Shield constantly. However, I felt kinda bad being like "these guys have _____, honest!" and using little scraps of paper to demarcate my buffs wasn't cutting it. To solve that, I converted up some counters - 3 Hold the Line markers, Inspiring Presence, Wildform, and Mystic Shield:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So according to the latest community update, the Statue of Khaine looks like it can be activated and come to life. It starts punching Mannfred in the battle report.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

So according to the latest community update, the Statue of Khaine looks like it can be activated and come to life. It starts punching Mannfred in the battle report.

Yeah we were told so earlier that the Statue of Khaine can be built instead as an Iron Avatar of Khaine. Just like the Bloodwrack Medusa can be built as a separate unit. And apparently according to the preview I linked earlier the Medusae will be the primary caster lords outside of Morathi.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah we were told so earlier that the Statue of Khaine can be built instead as an Iron Avatar of Khaine. Just like the Bloodwrack Medusa can be built as a separate unit. And apparently according to the preview I linked earlier the Medusae will be the primary caster lords outside of Morathi.

Blood Coven looking like a better deal every day

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think it was clear what the Iron Avatar was though, whether it was an actual unit or a terrain thing like the Gnarlmaw.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

I don't think it was clear what the Iron Avatar was though, whether it was an actual unit or a terrain thing like the Gnarlmaw.

Ah I see what you mean. I always thought it would just be an avatar that beat people up so I was not too surprised is all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

Blood Coven looking like a better deal every day
Other then the Blood Coven the entire Daughters of Khaine range is gone from the site to prepare for tomorrow it seems.

On the Blood Coven. Well you get the 10 Witch Elves, that can also be built as Sisters of Slaughter. Then we go to the Centerpiece which can be built as ether a Bloodwrack Shrine (Which appears is going to be an enhanced Wizard Lord in the new book,) or as Cauldron of Blood (Which appears will be the enhanced Priest Lord in the new book)

If you build the Bloodwrack shrine you will have a spare Death Hag and Hag Queen aka Hellebron along with an Avatar of Khaine. If you build the Cauldron of Blood you will lose ether the Hag Queen or the Death Hag depending on how you want to build the Cauldron, but you get a Bloodwrack Medusa.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Soooo, 4 Blood Coven boxes and 4 Doombolt cavalry boxes?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The new night gobbo model is lovely and gives me hope that grots get some real development outside of being punching bags for orks / something for dwarves to fight

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Tiger Millionaire posted:

The new night gobbo model is lovely and gives me hope that grots get some real development outside of being punching bags for orks / something for dwarves to fight

They'll probably get fluff development, but I'm sure that the models won't change anytime soon. People are screaming that they want fungus gobbos, but the only reason the shaman looks like that is because he's eaten too many himself.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

berzerkmonkey posted:

They'll probably get fluff development, but I'm sure that the models won't change anytime soon. People are screaming that they want fungus gobbos, but the only reason the shaman looks like that is because he's eaten too many himself.

I just want 'Night Goblins: the faction' much like how Daughters of Khaine is 'Witch Elves: the faction'

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Especially since Night Goblins have a really strong identity for a subfaction, like how Savage Orcs became Bonesplitterz.

Night Goblins just REALLY need a plastic Squig kit.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Especially since Night Goblins have a really strong identity for a subfaction, like how Savage Orcs became Bonesplitterz.

Night Goblins just REALLY need a plastic Squig kit.

I'm also hoping that GW releases a plastic colossal squig kit along with officially making it part of the army much like they did with the Trygon for the Tyranids.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dexefiend posted:

Stuff may change. Doomfire Warlocks and everything but the Blood Coven Box have been removed from the store so likely things will change.

If I was interested in collecting them I would probably only go for two boxes. (Three death Hags, 20 Witch Elves, A Bloodwrack Medusa, an Avatar of Khaine and both of the shrines.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Three updated Warscrolls.

Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-hag-queen-caludron-blood-en.pdf

And Slaughter Queen (Hellebron) on Cauldron of Blood.
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-slaughter-queen-on-cauldron-of-blood-en.pdf

Witch Elves. (They no longer require you to make hordes of them!)
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-witch-aelves-en.pdf

Oh and Morathi on the NZ site. Warscrolls included.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Daughters-Of-Khaine-Morathi-2018

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

dexefiend posted:

Not until you’ve eaten your greens / assembled at least some of your Khorne dudes.

• Locked thread