Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What an informative parrot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Synthbuttrange posted:

What an informative parrot.

Lol now Samantha can poo poo things up for Lyndon big-time.

"Sorry but have you guys seen Lyndon recently? I couldn't warn you before but he's seriously mentally ill: I recognised the symptoms as soon as I saw him but wanted to keep him calm until I could get him back to the hospital for a proper evaluation. Be careful if you see him: he's potentially very dangerous. And DON'T believe a word he says!"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Trixie better fire Lyndon after this.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Calling it: Samantha's not insane, and she really does do plausible deniability magic. She just hangs around with insane people because if you're insane, anything you might see is plausibly deniable, making her a ludicrously powerful wizard.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/251

Based on the latest issue, I'd say it's not so much that she surrounds herself with crazy people, but that she drives people insane with hallucinogenic foodstuff so that the impossible ones can help her.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Android Blues posted:

Calling it: Samantha's not insane, and she really does do plausible deniability magic. She just hangs around with insane people because if you're insane, anything you might see is plausibly deniable, making her a ludicrously powerful wizard.

Yeah, my bet is she puts some kind of drug in the coffee (or even just makes it taste weird so people think it's plausible they've been drugged) so that she can do plausible deniability magic out in the open with people unsure if what they're seeing is real magic or a drug-induced hallucination.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I am hallucinating two very strange men

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

vyelkin posted:

Yeah, my bet is she puts some kind of drug in the coffee (or even just makes it taste weird so people think it's plausible they've been drugged) so that she can do plausible deniability magic out in the open with people unsure if what they're seeing is real magic or a drug-induced hallucination.

Thorsby owns

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That's really clever!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

UP AND ADAM posted:

Thorsby owns

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/252

LYNDON FUCKS UP YET AGAIN

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm disappointed he didn't try to lie his way out of it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I like his nipples.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Lyndon is a real tool with women.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
drat, Audrey

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm starting to think that Trixie Slaughteraxe never will be president, and Lyndon's self-serving cowardice will play a key part in that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Smug Samantha is great.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/254

"No, I prefer the mystery."

The impossible ones made a mistake though; you don't bind people with their hands in front of them.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Schroedinger Samantha's Ninja Helpers is the best arc-specific running gag. :allears:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Plausible deniability magic would be unbeatable in a religious community because you could even do it out in the open and then say maybe God did it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Plausible deniability magic would be unbeatable in a religious community because you could even do it out in the open and then say maybe God did it.

or on that planet from Accidental Space Spy with the aliens that cant make concrete statements because if they even accidentally lie then the rest of the community murders them

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I hope the magic never gets confirmed one way or another despite the group's increasingly complex methods of attempting proof, and she's defeated in a totally mundane way*

*return of rock thrower?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

jon joe posted:

I hope the magic never gets confirmed one way or another despite the group's increasingly complex methods of attempting proof, and she's defeated in a totally mundane way*

*return of rock thrower?

Or maybe it's the whole plot of the series. This looks like a "driving fantasy plot" setup to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/254

guys im scared as gently caress

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
"It was the wrong shape. Wrong in the wrong way."

I do not look forward to seeing the basement.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Thorsby is the best.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oh man the way the impossible one talks

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So. Only one of them needs to become undrugged to save the day here. One look and they can destroy the impossible ones. So how do they do that? Let's brainstorm.

1) find magical item, switch bodies with undrugged animal.
2) Make Lyndon stretch, turn his stomach inside out and manually dump out the next dose.
3) ????

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The drugs wear off, but by then Samantha has given them a philosophy 101 course, convincing them the senses are inherently untrustworthy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
How would you know for certain that a drug wore off?

What they need to do is to convince Samantha that this plan is logical and well thought out and that she might be way more sane than she assumes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 5, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh man the way the impossible one talks

Maybe. We could simply be hallucinating that it is talking.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This arc is next level even for Thorsby.

At the end we won't even be sure which parts actually happened.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This is excellent and, in a first for Thorsby, really legitimately pretty unsettling. His limited art style manages to convey a seriously upsetting monster here.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cant cook creole bream posted:

How would you know for certain that a drug wore off?

What they need to do is to convince Samantha that this plan is logical and well thought out and that she might be way more sane than she assumes.
How can she see the impossible ones? Does she have to be fundamentally uncertain about her own magic? I feel like you're onto the actual solution here.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I'm excited for the impossible ones to turn out to be a bunch of normal human conmen.

e: and possibly ninjas.

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 6, 2018

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How can she see the impossible ones? Does she have to be fundamentally uncertain about her own magic? I feel like you're onto the actual solution here.

The impossible ones work the same way as plausible deniability magic. There has to be the possibility of a rational explanation. She was an inmate who, as far as she knows, was approached by an impossible one. So society thinks she's crazy and, more importantly, so does she. If she thinks she's sane, then whether the impossible ones are real or not, yes, it'll all fall apart. That poster might be exactly right - I remember when someone called the involvement of the anthropic principle in Transdimensional Brain Chip.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New page. Has Audrey ever appeared more enraged at anything, including that time just a few minutes ago when she learned Lyndon put her sister in danger to get laid?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 9, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Nigel's backstory is a work of art.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Audrey is cool with all this right til the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Holy crap, that face. She's gonna hulk out! unless she was also drugged with spider-man's blood