Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Kevin James is the kind of dude who I can just look at him and I immediately know he's suplexed peoplea meatball sub before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

My eyeballs almost popped out of my skull when I went to my local dispensary tonight.

The dumb part of my brain kind of wants to go smoke weed with Jim Belushi and ask him about his movies and picking up chicks.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Ror posted:

My eyeballs almost popped out of my skull when I went to my local dispensary tonight.

The dumb part of my brain kind of wants to go smoke weed with Jim Belushi and ask him about his movies and picking up chicks.

Funny, Belushi seems like the old-fashioned kind of guy that would get drunk off his rear end like a proper American but thinks pot is for hippies and communists.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

maybe he blazed it w/ david lynch

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Trabandiumium posted:

maybe he blazed it w/ david lynch

I feel like it was kind of a missed opportunity to not replace the school principal character from the newest season with Jim Belushi, and make it Rick Latimer

Make The Principal, Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe, and Twin Peaks be part of the same continuity, for the weirdest trilogy of all time

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I feel like it was kind of a missed opportunity to not replace the school principal character from the newest season with Jim Belushi, and make it Rick Latimer

Make The Principal, Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe, and Twin Peaks be part of the same continuity, for the weirdest trilogy of all time

Love it, if only because that means Secundus is part of the Twin Peaks universe.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

precision posted:

I was just made aware of this film and drat I wish I'd called it in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4L6ruTF5qE

What a coincidence, just relistened to episode 95 and Cabin says watching this is one of his life's regrets. You should definitely call it in next time.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Apes-Ma posted:

Love it, if only because that means Secundus is part of the Twin Peaks universe.

All that bullshit in season 2 that made me regret ever starting the show? All Secundus.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

All that bullshit in season 2 that made me regret ever starting the show? All Secundus.

Oh ya I know how Twin Peaks was originally supposed to end. I've seen the documents.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Windam Earle and Secundus are both masters of disguise

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

duz posted:

What a coincidence, just relistened to episode 95 and Cabin says watching this is one of his life's regrets. You should definitely call it in next time.

When he reviewed it for whatever site he gave it a straight 0 which is not something he does often.

Here's the review he did for Slant. It looked to be something of a decent Kevin James flick but apparently its garbage. Why can't such a handsome man be in good films? (I know exactly why but still)

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 19, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Domino's Pizza Insurance has definitely made my week

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/luckyhaskin/status/965936159347150848

Arthur for the next AD?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Holy poo poo.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Really, that whole initial bit as well as the Silence of the Dominos bit were some really impressive improv.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

no, really. he's pretty much got the Greco-Roman wrestler build: he looks bulky, but in such a way that you can tell it's basically a thin layer of fat hiding a loving stone wall of muscle rather than being tiny strips of muscle in an ocean of fat

e: also the people who make Arthur are giant fuckin nerds and even had Neil Gaiman guest star once so I'm super not shocked that that happened, literally only mildly surprised that WHM in particular got a shoutout

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah. That's an all-timer bit. Especially the entire Silence Of The Lambs riff.

Thank you, Jim.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Arthur is still on the air?!? Hasn't that poo poo been running since like 1996?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whats the name of that waco show they keep gushing about

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Stairmaster posted:

whats the name of that waco show they keep gushing about

Waco.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

porfiria posted:

Arthur is still on the air?!? Hasn't that poo poo been running since like 1996?

21 seasons!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Pizza Insurance bit was good but I couldn't stop laughing when they did the voice!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DoubleCakes posted:

The Pizza Insurance bit was good but I couldn't stop laughing when they did the voice!
"Mister Dominos, I was carrying my pizza home and some bigger boys stole it!"

The Dominos stuff is great, but I also loved the whole idea of getting Belushi to act by making him imagine cars.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This whole episode is an all timer. Holy poo poo.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Silence of the Dominos is amazing. What an episode!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Speaking of Domino's, which ep had them reference The Noid and poke fun at the Domino's CEO?

"We're sorry...listen, for the next three months order from Papa John's"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

kalensc posted:

Speaking of Domino's, which ep had them reference The Noid and poke fun at the Domino's CEO?

"We're sorry...listen, for the next three months order from Papa John's"

Foodfight!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if the WHM crew was ever made aware of the utterly batshit reason why the Noid was retired:

https://www.fastcodesign.com/3032911/kidnapping-death-pizza-how-dominos-lost-its-mascot

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I think they talked about it in a mailbag episode.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Officially crying with laughter over the whole "pizza insurance" bit, especially "Mr. Dominoes!"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Oh yes another episode with my favorite voice impression!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Catching up with You've Got Mail, and I always identify with how the guys' main takeaway from Zero Dark Thirty is the Gandolfini cameo

Violator
May 15, 2003

This Traces of Red episode is fantastic. Eric knocked it out of the park the whole episode, and I was super happy to hear more Jack Palance.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bobservo posted:

Officially crying with laughter over the whole "pizza insurance" bit, especially "Mr. Dominoes!"

Just reading "Mr. Dominoes" two days later made me giggle

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Violator posted:

This Traces of Red episode is fantastic. Eric knocked it out of the park the whole episode, and I was super happy to hear more Jack Palance.

Yeah, I had been putting it off, because I've never even heard of the movie and so it wasn't a top priority listen, but comments here made me listen. Holy poo poo, that episode was amazing.

"Mr. Dominoes?"

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm that guy that giggles like an idiot whenever he looks out from his car and sees a Dominoes Pizza. That's me now.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“Mr. Dominoes, I was walking home in the rain with my pizza and there was a clown in a sewer and he took my pizza!”

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I kinda wish the guys would do on screens for stuff besides nerd movies, but it was nice to hear them gush about Black Panther.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GrandpaPants posted:

I kinda wish the guys would do on screens for stuff besides nerd movies, but it was nice to hear them gush about Black Panther.

It was weird to hear them praise the action sequences because those were easily the worst part. It was overall a good movie, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Black Panther was fine, but the guys were a little embarrassing in their amount of praise imo.

"This is a Marvel movie in name only" lmbo