Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Yeah, Misuzu's costumer service was good, but Carol's, theres the good stuff.

every restaurant should offer cake.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Another great AV.
But also I'm loving the three stooges routine

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang, so focused on Carol I didn't notice Misuzu keeping up her smile.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'll protect that smile

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

I'll protect that smile

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Wait a second...

So money really is the key to unlocking Misuzu's true potential. Ergo, she'd be ideal paired up with, say, an aspiring business owner of a successful food service establishment :thunk:
Or someone who gives gold bars as birthday presents

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
I never realized how tall Tomo was.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Drink Top posted:

I never realized how tall Tomo was.

She's not all that tall, Misuzu's just short.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's a little bit of both. Tomo's about as tall as some of the boys in class. I think she might be taller than What His Name.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
It doesn't help that Tomo is compared to Jun. Who is super tall.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Neo_Crimson posted:

It doesn't help that Tomo is compared to Jun. Who is super tall.

So he's like 5'6 then

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Eldercain posted:

So he's like 5'6 then

This was always my favorite thing about Lovely Complex. That this monstrously tall girl was 5'6". Tomo's probably a little bit taller than that since there's less difference between her and Jun than there was between Risa and Suzuki.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think my favorite version of that was the enormous giant how is he so tall Kanji Tatsumi getting an official height in Persona 4 Arena of..... 180cm/5'11. I always pictured him as like 6'5 but I forgot about the Japan factor.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Misuzu still best

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

This enormous headed man is a good and reasonable manager and for that i salute them

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

SpacePig posted:

This was always my favorite thing about Lovely Complex. That this monstrously tall girl was 5'6". Tomo's probably a little bit taller than that since there's less difference between her and Jun than there was between Risa and Suzuki.

Man I've tried to read that like 3 times because it sounds like my poo poo but it starts sooooooo sloooooow. Are the starting chapters what it's always like or does it pick up steam?

projecthalaxy posted:

This enormous headed man is a good and reasonable manager and for that i salute them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watch the anime instead

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It does pick up steam once more than 4 characters are in play, and even more once they go and finally do the drat thing, but:

Sakurazuka posted:

Watch the anime instead

This is one of the few times where is actually say this is a valid workaround. It's a very accurate and entraining adaptation, cuts off before some of the stupider plotlines, and also adds literally my favorite scene in either. It's also helps the jokes flow better since they're being told by people who speak Japanese instead of translators trying to make manzai make sense in English.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

"Orders are piling up, so could you move things along" is probably the most normal abnormal thing for anyone in foodservice to say.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sakurazuka posted:

Watch the anime instead

UGH it's so much harder to do that in between queues. Guess I'll go and do the drat thing

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Can I ask what point you're getting to before giving up? I honestly don't remember it being particularly slow, even before a certain handful of characters show up. Lovely Complex is very important to me so it's important that I know why people don't like it.

Missing Name posted:

"Orders are piling up, so could you move things along" is probably the most normal abnormal thing for anyone in foodservice to say.

The abnormality is probably her wooden smile and what I assume might be an intimidating tone to go with it that isn't necessarily conveyed in the translation.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Anime is the great because they're all talking in kansaiben and it's the best.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Missing Name posted:

on their first day? to the manager?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Patware posted:

on their first day? to the manager?

but the manager needs it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why are you calling him the manager? he had his chance, but this is misuzu's shop now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

misuzu is definitely stealing from the till. This is fact

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Missing Name posted:

but the manager needs it

you're not wrong, i'm just calling out the idea that this could possibly be normal

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hell, I'd eat there.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So Carol is going to front the money so Misuzu can buy and take over the ramen shop, and then together turn it into the biggest chain ramen restaurant in all of Japan. All before they graduate, of course.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

On that day, humanity received a cute reminder.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jun started shivering for some reason.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I think my favorite version of that was the enormous giant how is he so tall Kanji Tatsumi getting an official height in Persona 4 Arena of..... 180cm/5'11. I always pictured him as like 6'5 but I forgot about the Japan factor.

People in Japan aren't even that short! The average height is only like an inch and a half shorter than in the US, and when I went there a lot of people were taller than me. :shrug:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

That's average male height, average female height is like, 5'2".

I'm 5'11" and I often felt quite tall during my time in Tokyo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Wikipedia has a 2005 study of Japanese adults at 172cm/5'7.5" male average and 158.7cm/5'2.5" female average, compared to the US at 176.4/5'9.5" and 163/5'4" or England at 178/5'10" and 165/5'5" for example. Definitely noticable but not insane.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Japan is literally hobbits and the US of A is a country filled with BFGs.

:911:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

No one needs to protect that smile. It's strong enough to protect itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Just enough rope to hang himself.