Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Revelations was really weird in that it seemed to stand to start off like the classic games then take a hard left turn into the modern action games. By the time I got to the last boss I was laughing at the absurdity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Revelations is literally my favorite Resident Evil game. Play the poo poo out of it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Revelations is literally my favorite Resident Evil game. Play the poo poo out of it.

My favourite is 4, having only played the demos for 5 and 6 (after hearing all about them, hence my lack of interest in going further with them; they're not 4 :colbert:) but I've heard a few times that if I love 4, I'll enjoy Revelations.

drat, gotta give it a try sometime.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Playing it now, seems good so far, my only problem is the controls. I play with inverted Y axis, but doing so makes the motion controls inverted too, which is nonsense. I guess I just have to play with motion off, or unlearn decades of muscle memory?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I played with gyro off (because the game doesn't allow it with the pro controller) with no issue. The game was designed for 3ds first so it has to be pretty lenient at letting you aim properly.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Here's what's out on Switch today.

Old Man's Journey - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Feb 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Old Man's Journey, a soul-searching puzzle adventure, tells a story of life, loss, reconciliation, and hope. Entrenched in a beautifully sunkissed and handcrafted world, embark on a heartfelt journey interwoven with lighthearted and pressure-free puzzle solving.

A visual narrative about life's precious moments, broken dreams, and changed plans, uncover stories of the old man's life told through beautiful vignettes of his memories. Interacting with the serene and whimsical environment, solve playful puzzles by shaping the landscape, growing the hills to create the old man's path forward.

During this compact gameplay experience, you'll be transported to a vibrant and wishful world, exploring life's complexities through the old man's eyes. Meditatively delightful and reflective, Old Man's Journey invites you to immerse yourself in quiet and inquisitive puzzles, and experience the old man's heartache, regret, and hope.

Pool - $9.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (Feb 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
An easy-to-play Pool game for all ages. Play against another person (two-player) or against the computer, and rediscover the fun and excitement of this classic arcade game.

Puzzle Puppers - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (Feb 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Puzzle Puppers is a puzzle game about stretching cute dogs to their food bowls. Easy to learn, difficult to master, with deceptively simple puzzles and mechanics.

Contains 80 levels with a challenge for all skill levels, ranging from casual puzzle player to the most hardcore puzzle fans.

Who's a good boy? You are! Yes you are!
  • Bonus Hams – collect all of these and you’ll unlock special levels!
  • Holes – like portals that teleport the dog elsewhere in the level
  • Rivers – swim with caution, they wash your doggos downstream!
  • Multiple food bowls – so many choices, but which one is the right one?

Space Dave - $9.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (Jan 25 NA / Feb 20 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Space Dave!, the spiritual successor to the hit game Woah Dave!, is a modern take on the fixed shooters of yesteryear. Defend your ground against the alien onslaught! Protect your terrain from their endless arsenal of weapons!

Taking a page from classic arcade games, Space Dave! offers a seemingly infinite variety of weird and challenging alien types with varying attack patterns. If you manage to stay alive, you just might be able to build up your arsenal and collect enough power-ups to turn the tides against your would-be alien captors. That is, until the bosses show up…

And don't let its retro appearance fool you: Space Dave! is a modern game for the modern weirdo, with features such as...

• Local two-player coop!
  • Leaderboards to prove once and for all who among your friends is the superior Dave!
  • A multitude of power-ups! Put an end to the alien invasion in style!
  • Much-needed answers to the many questions surrounding the mysterious Dave.
  • Eight playable characters, a few of which you may recognize...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Revelations is enjoyable but all the cutscenes are terrible and it's kind of ugly. I don't mean in a low res way, I know it's a port of a 3DS game, I just mean the art is kind of bleh.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Revelations is enjoyable but all the cutscenes are terrible and it's kind of ugly. I don't mean in a low res way, I know it's a port of a 3DS game, I just mean the art is kind of bleh.

That's just for immersion purposes, since the game takes place in 2005. (I've only played the first 10 minutes of the game so far so what do i know)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I was interested in trying 7 until I watched a video of it online, and it genuinely made me ill. I guess that graphics have finally become realistic enough that they can cause such a visceral reaction in me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JustJeff88 posted:

I was interested in trying 7 until I watched a video of it online, and it genuinely made me ill. I guess that graphics have finally become realistic enough that they can cause such a visceral reaction in me.

It’s not that bad if you’re the one playing. I finished it but got a little motion sick watching a friend try it.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

JustJeff88 posted:

Don't go anywhere near Outlast 2, because at least RE7 has character and isn't deploying edgelord shock tactics the whole way through.

In fact, if memory serves, the first one and the DLC are getting Switch ports, so ditto for them, same criticism. (Especially the Eddie the Groom section of the DLC.)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Slime San is 33% off today and is getting free dlc. If you enjoyed Celeste, this has a similar feel.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

JustJeff88 posted:

were you watching a VR video? because you don't need to play it in VR
also if you get it on steam you can totally change the settings to whatever you want, change the motion blur settings and all that
there's a free demo actually so you can even see for yourself if you feel the same way while actually playing the game

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Augus posted:

were you watching a VR video? because you don't need to play it in VR
also if you get it on steam you can totally change the settings to whatever you want, change the motion blur settings and all that
there's a free demo actually so you can even see for yourself if you feel the same way while actually playing the game

I can't speak for someone else but it's possible they meant the gore was too realistic. I had to look away a few times during the AGDQ run of the game for the same reason.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

grand theft grotto posted:

I can't speak for someone else but it's possible they meant the gore was too realistic. I had to look away a few times during the AGDQ run of the game for the same reason.

It was this. At the point where the protagonist had his hand sawn off I became proper ill.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Ugh, can’t buy through the web anymore because the region of my credit card doesn’t match my North American 3DS. When did that change? Is doing it on the hardware still doable?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

hadji murad posted:

Ugh, can’t buy through the web anymore because the region of my credit card doesn’t match my North American 3DS. When did that change? Is doing it on the hardware still doable?

You need to contact Nintendo unfortunately

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Feb 22, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
10 Second Run Returns - $6.54 / £4.32 / €5.00 (Jan 25 NA / Feb 22 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The legendary action game 10 Second Run is back! The rules and controls are simple: move sideways and jump and dash to get to the finish line in under 10 seconds!

Unlock different types of stick figures as you clear the stages! Run solo or race against others in multiplayer mode! Anytime, anywhere, with anyone – simply run, run, run! You'll be surprised by how much excitement is packed into 10 seconds, and how long 10 seconds can be!

ACA NeoGeo Magical Drop III - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Magical Drop III" is a puzzle game released in 1997 by Data East. With adjustments and additions to the system from Magical Drop II, this version is much more lively and chain-based than its predecessor. Along with the addition of the Magical Journey mode, there are now more ways to enjoy the action.

Ace of Seafood - $11.99 / £6.69 / €7.39
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You can now openly admit to the desire we all share to become seafood. Ace of Seafood is an action game where you can form a party of up to six fish, crustaceans etc. and scavenge the depths of the ocean while battling other life forms, and increasing the strength of your own forces.

Fish, crabs, squid, sharks, seals...even warships. Open-world level design lets you freely explore the sea, taking control of a wide variety of life forms. As you win more battles, you will gain access to more unique and powerful lifeforms.

By the way, life forms in this world have the ability to shoot powerful laser beams that can destroy pretty much anything.

Arcade Archives Heroic Episode - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"HEROIC EPISOD"E is a shooting game released by IREM in 1986. The people of Mule are facing destruction at the hands of the Gasp Empire. Control a heroic soldier on the ground and in the air as they battle their way to retrieve the stolen goddess statue. Utilize their maser with its normal shots and power-up shots to wage this battle.

Dragon Sinker - $12.99 / £11.69 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Employing 8-bit graphics and sound that hark back to the golden era of RPGs, Dragon Sinker brings a visual and audio feast to the table of hungry gamers starving for the nostalgia of the great classics of yesteryear!

Scour the world in search of new companions and collect more than 16 jobs! Then lead up to 12 party members into turn-based battles and swap freely between three teams to take on a host of powerful foes! And if that wasn't exciting enough, character costumes also change according to their job, giving pixel lovers something even more to look forward to!

Plus, with plenty of subquests for the hero to tackle and secret dungeons to explore, this is one adventure not soon to be forgotten!

The Final Station - $19.99 / £ ? / € ? (Feb 23 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The world is over.

But it's not quite over for you... at least, not yet. And now that you've got thousands of tonnes of locomotive at your disposal, you've got the definite advantage over the infected hordes. This is The Final Station.

The real question is whether or not you'll help the survivors get to their destinations.... or let them die and loot their bodies. Sometimes people can be more trouble than they're worth.
  • A post-apocalyptic adventure about travelling a dying world on a train.
  • A story that goes through 5 chapters, with large inhabited stations at the end of each one.
  • Infected are ready to stop your progress whenever you exit the train to look for supplies.
  • Maintain your train in operating condition and craft valuable items from the resources you scavenge.
  • Don't expect to shoot your way through the crowds of infected. Supplies and ammo are very limited.
  • Pick up survivors along the way, gaining perks (and hindrances) for your troubles.
  • Scavenge for loot at stations and craft useful supplies.
  • Sell your loot at inhabited stations for useful upgrades to your weapons.

Hollow - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Feb 23)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In "Hollow," you are one of the pilots that transports precious resource cargo from the mining ship Shakhter-One down to Earth. One day you wake up in an emergency capsule drifting near the facility. You don't remember who you are, or how you got out there… All you can remember is an autopilot docking code for capsule dock NR 6.

When you dock with Shakhter-One, it is clear that something has gone horribly wrong. The crew is missing and the entire facility is dealing with catastrophic power issues. As you start to uncover the ship's terrifying secrets, Shakhter-One threatens to take your identity, your sanity, and – ultimately – your life.

The worst evil is the one that knows us better than we know ourselves.

The worst nightmare is the one borne in our past, emotions, fears, and pain.

Layers of Fear: Legacy - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Feb 21)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Layers of Fear: Legacy is a psychological and psychedelic horror game about a madness-engulfed painter striving to create his Magnum Opus. Learn the dark story of his past while gathering carefully crafted personal items that can be found in the game. Traverse the vision-induced, constantly changing house full of supernatural phenomena, where each move of the camera can shift the environment, and discover the true motive of the artist.

Membrane - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (Feb 22 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Membrane is a creative-action puzzle game in which you build, bend and break the world around you while experimenting to create your own solutions. Bendy bridges, wobbly ladders and shaky structures are just the beginning of what you'll make to test the limits of this weird, day-glo world!

Membrane was designed to allow creative space for the player to interact and build their own unique solutions. The puzzles are NOT designed to rely on deception or a single solution, lock & key approach to test players. Instead the game was built to reward creativity and experimentation from the player. Get your thinking cap on friends!
  • Debut console release from Perfect Hat
  • IGF Honorable Mention for Best Student Game 2018
  • 45 awesome levels to explore and get your creative mind going!
  • 3 unlockable Bonus modes including Catapult, Trickshot & Boulderball

Old Man's Journey - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Feb 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Old Man's Journey, a soul-searching puzzle adventure, tells a story of life, loss, reconciliation, and hope. Entrenched in a beautifully sunkissed and handcrafted world, embark on a heartfelt journey interwoven with lighthearted and pressure-free puzzle solving.

A visual narrative about life's precious moments, broken dreams, and changed plans, uncover stories of the old man's life told through beautiful vignettes of his memories. Interacting with the serene and whimsical environment, solve playful puzzles by shaping the landscape, growing the hills to create the old man's path forward.

During this compact gameplay experience, you'll be transported to a vibrant and wishful world, exploring life's complexities through the old man's eyes. Meditatively delightful and reflective, Old Man's Journey invites you to immerse yourself in quiet and inquisitive puzzles, and experience the old man's heartache, regret, and hope.

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus - $19.99 / £16.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The highly acclaimed PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION series has finally come to the Nintendo Switch in" PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 PLUS!" Featuring eye-popping high-resolution 3D graphics and funky visuals, the latest version of the classic game takes chomping and chasing through mazes to a whole new level! Play by yourself or with your friends in the all new co-op mode, "PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 PLUS 2P" – exclusive only to the Nintendo Switch! When one player gets caught by a ghost, the other player can come to the rescue. Team up with your friends and family to weave through the mazes and make it to the boss battle together!

Payday 2 - $49.99 / £44.99 / €49.99 (Feb 27 NA / Feb 23 EU)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington DC for an epic crime spree.

Up to four friends co-operate on each heist, and as the crew progresses the heists get bigger, better and more rewarding. Along with earning more money and becoming an infamous criminal comes new customisation that lets players build and alter their guns and gear.

PAYDAY 2 comes with full touch screen menu support, and a newly developed rumble feature that responds as you, for example, fire weapons or throw grenades.

There’s also an added local multiplayer mode to CRIME.NET called CRIME.NET Local Play, which lets you set up a local game and invite friends that share the same local network*.

Finally, PAYDAY 2 comes with an exclusive character called Joy, who’s initially releasing only on Nintendo Switch – complete with her own mask and weapons.

Pool - $9.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (Feb 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
An easy-to-play Pool game for all ages. Play against another person (two-player) or against the computer, and rediscover the fun and excitement of this classic arcade game.

Puzzle Puppers - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (Feb 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Puzzle Puppers is a puzzle game about stretching cute dogs to their food bowls. Easy to learn, difficult to master, with deceptively simple puzzles and mechanics.

Contains 80 levels with a challenge for all skill levels, ranging from casual puzzle player to the most hardcore puzzle fans.

Who's a good boy? You are! Yes you are!
  • Bonus Hams – collect all of these and you’ll unlock special levels!
  • Holes – like portals that teleport the dog elsewhere in the level
  • Rivers – swim with caution, they wash your doggos downstream!
  • Multiple food bowls – so many choices, but which one is the right one?

Radiation Island - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Radiation Island is a survival adventure game where you craft your own destiny in a huge open-world environment.

As part of the Philadelphia Experiment, you have become stranded in a parallel, alternate reality. Discover this new and mysterious world, with all its surprises. Use everything you find to survive it and solve its puzzle to get back to the real world.

Follow your own path in an environment of breathtaking beauty and gigantic scope. Explore huge forests inhabited by dangerous wolves, bears and mountain lions. Investigate abandoned villages and old military compounds where zombies guard vital tools, weapons and clues to the secrets of this world. You can even swim and dive, if you can avoid the hungry crocodiles.

Hunt wild animals, fish or gather fruits to overcome hunger. Mine for resources and craft weapons, tools and basic vehicles. Find hidden treasures, equipment and fire arms to prevail in a world full of perils: radiation, anomalies, harsh weather and enraged zombies.

Experience the full day-night cycle and face the dangers of darkness and cold.

Space Dave - $9.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (Jan 25 NA / Feb 20 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Space Dave!, the spiritual successor to the hit game Woah Dave!, is a modern take on the fixed shooters of yesteryear. Defend your ground against the alien onslaught! Protect your terrain from their endless arsenal of weapons!

Taking a page from classic arcade games, Space Dave! offers a seemingly infinite variety of weird and challenging alien types with varying attack patterns. If you manage to stay alive, you just might be able to build up your arsenal and collect enough power-ups to turn the tides against your would-be alien captors. That is, until the bosses show up…

And don't let its retro appearance fool you: Space Dave! is a modern game for the modern weirdo, with features such as...

• Local two-player coop!
  • Leaderboards to prove once and for all who among your friends is the superior Dave!
  • A multitude of power-ups! Put an end to the alien invasion in style!
  • Much-needed answers to the many questions surrounding the mysterious Dave.
  • Eight playable characters, a few of which you may recognize...

Spacecats With Lasers - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Spacecats with Lasers is the ultimate combat experience in the meowverse! Fight the evil spacerats in this frenetic wave-shooter and aim to defeat the pug king!

To be the ultimate Spacecat survivor, you’ll have at your disposal several perks and power-ups. We believe that being fashionable is just as important, so you’ll be able to customise your cat with different items that can be unlocked along the way.

Spacecats with Lasers features different difficulties so no matter if you’re just looking for a good time or a nerve-wracking bullet hell, we got you covered!

Superola and the Lost Burgers - $5.99 / £4.99 / €5.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Superola and The Lost Burgers is an epic, retro-style platforming adventure, in which you’ll have to guide a burger loving llama in its quest to defeat the Hotdog Aliens and recover the stolen hamburgers...before they get cold!

Explore 10 worlds with over 70 super challenging stages, follow the storyline, unlock all the map’s secrets, fight memorable boss battles, clear the bonus rounds and play against a friend!
  • Challenging llama platforming action
  • Over 70 stages with tonnes of secrets to unlock
  • Earn money to buy items at the shops
  • Original chiptune soundtrack
  • Story mode, endless mode and VS multiplayer mode

Toki Tori 2+ - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99 (Feb 23)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Explore an enthralling forest island, learn magical songs and interact with the local wildlife to solve environmental puzzles.

Toki Tori 2+’s ingenious game design requires just two moves: whistle and stomp. It's super accessible, yet it builds up to incredible complexity later on.

There’s a tonne to do, too. After puzzle-solving your way to five Ancient Frogs and saving the island from a strange pollution, you can still find hundreds of golden wings, snap dozens of creature pictures and go Achievement hunting.

Toki Tori 2+ is better than ever on Nintendo Switch, with lots of gameplay tweaks and even some new secrets and puzzle solutions. Plus, you can now create checkpoints wherever you like, allowing for easy experimentation.

Better than ever on Nintendo Switch:
  • Tweaked gameplay, new secrets and solutions
  • Buttery smooth graphics at 60 fps
  • Featuring in-game Achievements
  • HD rumble support
  • Video capture support
  • A unique take on the Metroidvania formula
  • Follow the path, or stray off-road and tackle the expert puzzles
  • Whistle magical songs to rewind, fast-travel and more
  • Snap dozens of Tokidex creature pictures

Twin Robots: Ultimate Edition - $7.99 / £7.99 / €7.99 (Feb 23)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Only you can help the Twin Robots pass their tests and escape the old factory in one piece!

Watt and Volt are two twin robots, who have been forgotten by time and abandoned in an old robot factory. Marked as defective by mistake, if they wish to prove themselves as deserving a place in today’s world, they must pass a series of grueling tests.

Watt and Volt will have their work cut out for them, but the good news is you might not have to go it alone as although both robots can be controlled at any moment due to swapping between them, co-op is fully supported, so as long as you have a friend to control the other robot, the only thing you'll need to focus on, is what your own robot is doing.

Features:
  • Strategic Thinking
  • Fast Reflexes
  • Exploring, find the secret areas!
  • Puzzle Solving
  • Achievements

Typoman - $12.99 / £9.99 / €12.99 (Feb 23)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Typoman is a puzzle platformer which takes you on a journey to explore the Power of Words in the everlasting battle between good and evil. You slip into the role of a character made of letters, struggling to make your way through a dark and hostile world. Despite your small stature you have a powerful gift: You can craft words which will have an effect on the environment!

But choose your words wisely - they can either be a blessing... or a curse.

Game features:
  • Wield the power of altering the world by by creating, changing or destroying words
  • Solve ingenious and challenging puzzles with a unique aesthetic mix of typography and pen & ink graphics
  • Captivating, carefully drafted, on-the-fly told story using witty word puzzles and puns
  • Surreal, atmospheric game world
  • Distinct soundtrack specifically composed for the game

WiiU
Fat Dragons - $0.99 / £0.89 / €0.99 (Feb 22 NA / Feb 15 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fly your dragon and do battle against enemy dragons invading your territories! Fight within the ruins of an ancient city, then do combat among the trees in a lush jungle. Dodge the molten fireballs launched from an erupting volcano, and avoid pounding rain storms and lightning strikes amidst the clouds – all while taking out your enemies!

3DS
Fat Dragons - $0.99 / £0.89 / €0.99 (Feb 22 NA / Feb 15 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fly your dragon and do battle against enemy dragons invading your territories! Fight within the ruins of an ancient city, then do combat among the trees in a lush jungle. Dodge the molten fireballs launched from an erupting volcano, and avoid pounding rain storms and lightning strikes amidst the clouds – all while taking out your enemies!

Steamworld Dig 2 - $19.99 / £14.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Adventure waits below the surface...

SteamWorld Dig 2 takes you on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.

Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets, and traps.

Combat dangerous enemies at every turn of the underworld’s twisted paths, including shadowy creatures and the haunted remains of an ancient electrical threat.

Upgrade your gear to forge deeper into the earth and take on bigger challenges.

Swing across large chasms with your Hookshot and fly through caves with the Jet Engine!

And finally, learn the truth about your long lost friend.

New 3DS
RTO 2 - $9.99 / £ ? / €9.99 (Feb 15 NA / Feb 22 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
RTO 2 is a side scrolling first person shooter with elements from the survival horror genre.

Take control of a 6-man team through four episodes and do your best to survive and complete your mission.

RTO 2 features randomly generated levels and permadeath. It will pitch you up against hordes of enemies and test your survival skills.

A number of Switch games have launch offers in both regions - Hollow, Toki Tori 2+ and Typoman.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What is old man's journey? The description is kind of vague as to what the gameplay actually is. Sounds like Up crossed with Zelda?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It looks like an indie 2d puzzle game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Toki Tori 2 rules.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PAC Man CE2+ is gonna be sick!! I already have it on PS4 and played the hell out of it but being able to play it on trains etc. is amazing. Looking forward to seeing what the tweaks and changes are too.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Curious how payday 2 will play on the switch, but not willing to drop $50 on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

PAC Man CE2+ is gonna be sick!! I already have it on PS4 and played the hell out of it but being able to play it on trains etc. is amazing. Looking forward to seeing what the tweaks and changes are too.

I have barely put it through its paces yet but this seems like a subpar port of this game. The "Plus" part is just the 2P mode, theres a main menu where you choose between Plus and the Original release, and plus is only 2P (you can play single player with an ai partner but who would do that). The original game contains all the same levels, backgrounds, music, etc. You can change the color of the dots now, thats new. Other than that is CE2 but with the enormous caveat of: this game has frame drops!!!! lots of them, especially once you get to the tail end of normal, which is the speed at which Expert starts. I haven't been able to try expert at all since you have to unlock it first but what the gently caress!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Radiation Island sounds like someone read a description of breath of the wild and then made what they thought it was in game maker studio

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

santanotreal posted:

Curious how payday 2 will play on the switch, but not willing to drop $50 on it.

If you don't read the Payday 2 thread. I've heard that it's an older build. What point, I'm not sure. I'd assume/hope it's like, post the last big major update. Maybe after Crime Spree, I'd hope.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

santanotreal posted:

It’s apparently a good port in graphics and performance. It’s closer to the PS4 version than last gen versions.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

In Training posted:

Have you played the earlier ones? I loved the hell out of CE/CEDX/CEDX+ but I completely bounced off of CE2 on PC. I didn't like any of the changes at all :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pac-Man CE2 is amazing and the Switch version sounds to be the best one with its new mode. It’s pretty much a must buy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

techknight posted:

Have you played the earlier ones? I loved the hell out of CE/CEDX/CEDX+ but I completely bounced off of CE2 on PC. I didn't like any of the changes at all :(

I played all of them and I liked CE2 the most

Spellman
May 31, 2011

techknight posted:

I'm only playing CE2+ on the Switch, which is my first CE game, but I can see what you mean and why someone might prefer the old one. I would've prefered the 2D plane, and I'm not sure why the ghosts have to be 'angry' to hurt you in this one. And the slo-mo when you're about to get hit looked fun (though it's still in the 2P mode)

And visually it seemed to be more vibrant somehow, as the maze refreshes as you collect fruit. I get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bRTVk5ckYo&t=1330s

Spellman fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 23, 2018

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I wasn't the biggest fan of vanilla Pacman CE2 but the new co-op mode rules, it's so good

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

In Training posted:

I have barely put it through its paces yet but this seems like a subpar port of this game. The "Plus" part is just the 2P mode, theres a main menu where you choose between Plus and the Original release, and plus is only 2P (you can play single player with an ai partner but who would do that). The original game contains all the same levels, backgrounds, music, etc. You can change the color of the dots now, thats new. Other than that is CE2 but with the enormous caveat of: this game has frame drops!!!! lots of them, especially once you get to the tail end of normal, which is the speed at which Expert starts. I haven't been able to try expert at all since you have to unlock it first but what the gently caress!
The 2P single player actually works alright, not really good for maximizing score but the mode itself changes things up quite a bit. Makes me actually want to try it out with someone whereas I figured it was a throwaway add on when it was first announced.

Spellman posted:

I'm only playing CE2+ on the Switch, which is my first CE game, but I can see what you mean and why someone might prefer the old one. I would've prefered the 2D plane, and I'm not sure why the ghosts have to be 'angry' to hurt you in this one. And the slo-mo when you're about to get hit looked fun (though it's still in the 2P mode)

And visually it seemed to be more vibrant somehow, as the maze refreshes as you collect fruit. I get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bRTVk5ckYo&t=1330s
CE was pretty fantastic and DX too while being super different. I’m fine with some of the CE2 changes, but not the bunch of random feeling elements. The other changes alone were enough to make it feel like its own thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah i since tried out the 2P mode and it's actually kind of amazing and wish I knew somebody else locally who cared to play CE2 with me well. There are so many opportunities for sick play but alas...it's a fascinating design though and way more inventive that I was expecting.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases March 1, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Sengoku 2 - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
SENGOKU 2 is a side scrolling action game released by SNK in 1993.

Take on the role of a warrior summoned by a shrine princess, and fight over various historical periods in order to defeat the dark monarch. Players can enjoy new tactical features such as charge attacks and defensive abilities.

Air Hockey - $9.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (Feb 28)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play Air Hockey and rediscover the fun and and excitement of this classic arcade game anywhere

With stunning 3D graphics, you'll be transported straight back to the arcades of your youth.

Air Hockey takes full advantage of HD giving you stunning crisp graphics.

Play against another player in TWO player mode or against the smart artificial intelligence (Ai) player so winning won't come easy.

Arcade Archives Star Force - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
STAR FORCE is a shooting game released in 1984 by Tehkan (now Koei Tecmo Games). It was very popular due to its variety of hidden bonuses as well as competition for achieving high scores.

The Arcade Archives series has faithfully reproduced many classic arcade masterpieces.

Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores*.

Please enjoy the masterpieces that built a generation of video games.

Bridge Constructor Portal - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99 (Feb 28)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Enter the Aperture Science Enrichment Center and experience Bridge Constructor Portal – the unique merging of the classic Portal™ and Bridge Constructor™ games.

As a new employee in the Aperture Science test lab, it's your job to build bridges, ramps, slides, and other constructions in 60 test chambers and get the Bendies safely across the finish line in their vehicles.

Make use of the many Portal gadgets, like portals, propulsion gel, repulsion gel, aerial faith plates, cubes, and more to bypass the sentry turrets, acid pools and laser barriers, solve switch puzzles, and make it through the test chambers unscathed.

Let Ellen McLain, the original voice of GLaDOS, guide you through the tutorial, and learn all the tips and tricks that make a true Aperture Science employee.

Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Due to the bio weapons, "Rages" of which we lost control, the surface of the earth as we know it has been taken over. Wield the humanoid robot, "Gears" to take back the city!

Gears are enhanced through equipping a variety of over 460 parts.

Find the perfect combination that suits your playstyle.

Detention - $12.99 / £9.49 / €10.49 (March 2)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Detention is a unique, atmospheric horror game heavily influenced by Taiwanese/East Asian culture, religious elements and mythology. Based on 1960s Taiwan under martial law, in this 2D, atmospheric horror side-scroller, the player controls characters who venture into a school beset by hostile supernatural events, to uncover stories behind the haunted place. The game features unique graphics and gaming experiences.

The Final Station - $19.99 / £13.49 / €14.99 (Feb 23 NA / March 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The world is over.

But it's not quite over for you... at least, not yet. And now that you've got thousands of tonnes of locomotive at your disposal, you've got the definite advantage over the infected hordes. This is The Final Station.

The real question is whether or not you'll help the survivors get to their destinations.... or let them die and loot their bodies. Sometimes people can be more trouble than they're worth.
  • A post-apocalyptic adventure about travelling a dying world on a train.
  • A story that goes through 5 chapters, with large inhabited stations at the end of each one.
  • Infected are ready to stop your progress whenever you exit the train to look for supplies.
  • Maintain your train in operating condition and craft valuable items from the resources you scavenge.
  • Don't expect to shoot your way through the crowds of infected. Supplies and ammo are very limited.
  • Pick up survivors along the way, gaining perks (and hindrances) for your troubles.
  • Scavenge for loot at stations and craft useful supplies.
  • Sell your loot at inhabited stations for useful upgrades to your weapons.

Grid Mania - $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99 (March 2)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Put your brain to the test with Grid Mania, simple but challenging logical puzzle game.

Guilt Battle Arena - $9.99 / £8.39 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Engage your friends and family in frantic, couch multiplayer battles and co-op combat. As a member of The GUILT Patrol, you must battle the Dreadful Judge and his evil minions to bring peace back to the galaxy.

In this frantic 2D couch combat game, you have one bullet to fire at your opponents. After firing your gun, you must rebound your bullet before firing again. This grin-inducing mechanic introduces a new strategic element where thinking about where your bullet will land is as important as where you shoot!

1-2 player co-op or 2-4 player* versus mode. This is a game that begs to be played together with friends and family.

Enjoy the playful style with seven game modes and six stackable gameplay modifiers. Want to try out jetpacks and then turn everyone invisible? Go for it!

Select from 10 player costumes to start with, and unlock an additional 35+ wacky costumes during your quest to protect the galaxy!

A Hole New World - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The city is being invaded by monsters from the Upside Down World! You, the Potion Master, must defeat evil all alone, with no tutorials or "Easy Mode" to assist you. You'll have to rely on the help of Fäy, your companion fairy, and your potions!

Jump and shoot like they did in the good ol' arcade days. Fight enemies in your world and in the Upside Down World! Defeat gigantic bosses and acquire their powers!

Story Mode with five different worlds, Game+, Boss Rush Mode, Challenge Mode and multiple endings!

More than 30 different enemies, 7 boss battles and lots of secret characters to discover!

Little Triangle - $14.99 / £11.69 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Little Triangle is a side-scrolling action game. Button operations are simply walking and jumping. Complete the stages by defeating the unique enemy characters and bosses!

Mulaka - $19.98 / £15.99 / €19.98
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Dive into northern Mexico's breathtaking landscapes with Mulaka, a 3D action-adventure game based on the rich indigenous culture of the Tarahumara. Renowned for their impressive running abilities, embark on the journey of a Sukurúame - a Tarahumara shaman - as you fight back the foulness corrupting the land, while drawing upon the powers of demigods. From solving puzzles in environments inspired by real Sierra Tarahumara locations, to heated hand-to-hand combat with creatures pulled from the region’s mythology, find out why the Tarahumara have earned a reputation for being superhumans.

A Normal Lost Phone - $5.99 / £5.49 / €5.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A Normal Lost Phone is a game about exploring the intimacy of an unknown person whose phone was found by the player.

The game takes the shape of a narrative investigation: you have to search the phone's text messages, pictures and applications, in order to learn about its former owner. Through this phone, you uncover Sam's life, friends, family and relationships, until the evening when they turn 18 and mysteriously disappear.

Outlast: Bundle of Terror - $24.99 / £19.99 / €24.99 (Feb 27)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the research and charity branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy…until now.

Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

Packet Queen # - $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Divide up the packets that appear one after another, and aim to get a higher score than your opponent. This is a competitive-type active solitaire game where you aim for a high score by gathering the necessary packets while avoiding specific colors and putting them together in poker-style hands. There are 39 stickers to collect based on how you play. Includes VS Mode where you can compete against other players over the Internet. Aim for a high rank after completing story mode!

Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder Devastated - $9.99 / £8.99 / €8.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder Devastated is the refreshed, updated, remastered, and enhanced edition of the beloved Wii tower defense-like game! With updated graphics built from the ground up in Unity and a brand-new chapter where we've exchanged soldiers for zombies, it’s just better than ever!

Prepare to face wave after wave of enemy soldiers and vehicles trying to cross the battlefield - don’t let them!!! Get in your tank, take control of the cannon, and wipe them out. Collect power-ups to call in an airstrike, use a special triple-shot skill, or slow time, well, to slow time! Simple and effective. Just be careful not to blow up the power-ups. Friendly fire, soldier! Friendly fire!!!

Payday 2 - $49.99 / £44.99 / €49.99 (Feb 27 NA / Feb 23 EU)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington DC for an epic crime spree.

Up to four friends co-operate on each heist, and as the crew progresses the heists get bigger, better and more rewarding. Along with earning more money and becoming an infamous criminal comes new customisation that lets players build and alter their guns and gear.

PAYDAY 2 comes with full touch screen menu support, and a newly developed rumble feature that responds as you, for example, fire weapons or throw grenades.

There’s also an added local multiplayer mode to CRIME.NET called CRIME.NET Local Play, which lets you set up a local game and invite friends that share the same local network*.

Finally, PAYDAY 2 comes with an exclusive character called Joy, who’s initially releasing only on Nintendo Switch – complete with her own mask and weapons.

Poisoft Thud Card - $2.99 / £2.69 / €2.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
What is Thud? It's when the sum of the hands matches other people's layout.

Basic rule – you can discard the same suit as the table card or a number card.

Spot the Difference - $9.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (Feb 26)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
From the original creators of the World famous Spot-The-Difference amusement machine game we bring you Spot-The-Difference on NINTENDO SWITCH, a TWO player version so you can play head to head against anyone, anytime.

This special edition of Spot-The-Difference has the same exciting game play as the original amusement machine game and just like the amusement machine It will take sharp eyes and quick wits to uncover all the differences before you opponent or against the clock in single player mode.

Subsurface Circular - $5.99 / £4.79 / €5.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A detective stationed on the Subsurface Circular investigates a series of disappearances among the city’s robotic working class. Collect words and phrases, then use them in dialogue puzzles to uncover the world's secrets and determine its future.

Inspired by classic adventure games and modern dialogue systems, Bithell Games has created a single session story which respects your time and your intelligence.

Super Toy Cars - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (£8.09 / €8.99 until March 9) (March 2)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Super Toy Cars is a tabletop arcade combat racing game featuring fast and cool looking cars, impressive tracks made of everyday objects and a bunch of power-ups that will let you destroy your opposition. Collect all cars and upgrades to keep up with competition while you progress in career mode or have a quick race either against AI opponents or against friends. You can play up to 4 players locally.

There are 16 different cars in the game each one with its unique handling model. You can experiment with them and play the ones that best suite your driving style and the different situations you'll find in our 15 tracks. Oh, and maybe you'll want to use different cars depending on which type of event you're playing, because we have 48 events in career mode, but not all of them are races! Super Toy Cars is big and with lots of options for you to tinkle and play with, but most importantly this game has been carefully crafted to be fun play and fun to race, either alone or with friends.

Totes the Goat - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Happily hop your little goat through this modernized vision of classic and beloved arcade gameplay. Totes the Goat is a charming game with vibrant voxel art and a cast of fun playable characters to unlock. It will have you leaping like a kid in no time!

Jump from platform to platform – bringing each one back to life – while avoiding hazardous Wily Wolves, Cranky Crows, and Bully Bears – oh my! Once a level is fully rejuvenated, hop down to the next level for an endless journey of jumps!

The Trail: Frontier Challenge - $ ? / £11.99 / €14.99 (? NA / Feb 28 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Are you ready to discover the undiscovered? Are you ready to climb the tallest mountains, wear the finest clothes, and earn a fortune beyond compare?

Then welcome to the New World! Welcome to The Trail: Frontier Challenge!

Join pioneers from across land and sea in an epic journey across an undiscovered country! Walk down the single track path of destiny at a calm and measured pace! Get out there and make your mark upon the world, adventurer!

And you are not alone in your travels! Every person you meet on The Trail is another player who will trade with you at campfires located along the way.

WiiU
RTO 2 - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
RTO 2 is a side scrolling first person shooter with elements from the survival horror genre.

Take control of a 6-man team through four episodes and do your best to survive and complete your mission.

RTO 2 features randomly generated levels and permadeath. It will pitch you up against hordes of enemies and test your survival skills.

3DS
Anime Workshop - £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [EU]
Let's make animation easily with characters written by you!

Character animation is more easy than creating cartoons, and less time and effort! You can post the animation you made on the Internet* and show it to your friends.

Since the movement of a character can be reused as an object when making the next story, animation can be made quicker and easier.

Let's shape your story!

New 3DS
Brick Thru - £ 1.39 / €1.49
Digital - [EU]
Welcome to high-speed brick dodging with BRICK THRU. The player must quickly dash left or right finding an open space in the game board as the oncoming bricks try to knock you out. See how long you can go and rack up a high score! Endless fun for everyone!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I'm curious about Mulaka. It looks like it could be good, and potentially one of the ones that goes under the radar if it is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That lost phone doesn't sound normal at all

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fremry posted:

I'm curious about Mulaka. It looks like it could be good, and potentially one of the ones that goes under the radar if it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-ML_pr-mQ

the trailer has a pretty nice vibe to it. might be cool !

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Fremry posted:

I met the devs at PSX in December. Really nice guys who were really enthusiastic about the game. I'm buying it to support them and hopefully get more games like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm a few hours into Mulaka, and it seems okay.
It's a little bit janky and most of the game could benefit from some extra refinement, but it's still quite charming and interesting enough that I don't regret buying.

edit-
I got out of bounds and found an easter egg:

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 3, 2018