Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
cjs: i just realized that the idea of 'endomorphism' is actually extremely important in that it fascilitated ML things like alphago because those models can be chained because the in is the same as the out

this is one of the first times i've been like OH thats why people like to talk about functional programming and its cool to finally start to "get" it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

cjss: i still get nervous and my guts still get angry before a phone screen or an interview

guess what i have two of today
I have one in about 45 minutes and just can't bring myself to care at 6pm on a Friday night after a hellish week and no respite to look forward to over the weekend

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

cjs: i just realized that the idea of 'endomorphism' is actually extremely important in that it fascilitated ML things like alphago because those models can be chained because the in is the same as the out

this is one of the first times i've been like OH thats why people like to talk about functional programming and its cool to finally start to "get" it

sure makes a lot more sense when you say "the in is the same as the out" vs "endomorphism" huh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Corla Plankun posted:

what does "ML" mean in this context

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

indigi posted:

what does "ML" mean in this context

machine learning

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
c actual facebook s:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ar15 is a style of rifle, not a caliber. you can get AR receivers in .22 long rifle or .223 (what he's talking about) or 9mm or loving .50 cal

its the most lego gun in the world, that is WHY they like them, do not let them fool you with that poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

and they're cheap and reliable

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

c actual facebook s:

lmao is he literally wearing a fedora in his loving profile pic

also huge lols at "you'd get slaughtered if you had an AR15 in a war" like buddy you realize the army hasn't been handing out full-auto weapons to most troops for decades now, right?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm pretty sure the M16 can be set to full auto

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
god drat he's just laughably wrong from both ends. what a total shithead.

well done on the "nice meltdown" though, i'd have difficulty restraining myself from tilting over to full-bore sarcastic "look buddy you leave my psychotic hatred for children out of this, just because i get paid to shill for communists doesn't mean i can't also be one myself"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bc2 is actually pretty accurate. if you need full auto fire you get a guy with an M249.

standard Troop gets an M4 with 3x burst MAYBE. they do not use it much.

sorry dont wanna gunchat sperg derail but goddammit

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I thought the M16 was the standard

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i don't want no teenage queen, i just want my m14

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

indigi posted:

I'm pretty sure the M16 can be set to full auto

there are versions of the M16 and M4 that can do full auto but they're not handed out to everyone. the vast majority get issued rifles/carbines that can only do semi-auto or burst fire.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

ar15 is a style of rifle, not a caliber. you can get AR receivers in .22 long rifle or .223 (what he's talking about) or 9mm or loving .50 cal

its the most lego gun in the world, that is WHY they like them, do not let them fool you with that poo poo

ty jonny

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
wik-e-pedia sez the M16A2 came out in the early 80s and was the model where they switched to not having full-auto available.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

what good would an m16 on full auto even be? you're gonna get maybe 3 accurate shots off?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

DELETE CASCADE posted:

what good would an m16 on full auto even be? you're gonna get maybe 3 accurate shots off?

the whole gimmick with intermediate cartridge and ar design is that there’s not much recoil

not going to do you much good for grouping on paper at 100y but it’s not a pistol or uzi

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

bc2 is actually pretty accurate. if you need full auto fire you get a guy with an M249.

standard Troop gets an M4 with 3x burst MAYBE. they do not use it much.

sorry dont wanna gunchat sperg derail but goddammit

bc2 was too good for this world and dice has to make sucky bad garbo now

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Corla Plankun posted:

alphago is implemented using tensorflow python and c++ and golang poo poo

if you want to learn neural network poo poo, stop learning algebra, start learning analysis instead
knowing what an eigenspectrum is will serve you 100x better than knowing what an endomorphism, endofunctor, whatever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DELETE CASCADE posted:

yep, full and even 3 round burst is suppressive/cover fire while your guys go round to get a better aimed shot position.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xaris posted:

bf1 is good though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cinci zoo sniper posted:

bf1 is good though
it was good at launch, but then they kept buffing air and nerfing AA for no reason and other horrible balance (like tripling number of tickets in Ops making games super sloggy). Plus Operations was the best mode and they kneecapped it badly, and Rush kinda sucked compared to BC2, and I don't like Conquest so welp. I lost interest by the time the first expansion came out so idk if it's better now.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Xaris posted:

bc2 was incredible yeah.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there are still a couple servars even, had a few nice pugs a couple months ago

i got banned from so many servers trying to double plat Carl Gustav with a sharpie aimdot on my monitor back in the day

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

bob dobbs is dead posted:

alphago is implemented using tensorflow python and c++ and golang poo poo

if you want to learn neural network poo poo, stop learning algebra, start learning analysis instead
knowing what an eigenspectrum is will serve you 100x better than knowing what an endomorphism, endofunctor, whatever

im a data scientist now lol i dont need to learn about eigenvalues again

i'm talking about the fact that the vocabulary is actually "nice to have" in this situation because it emphasizes that there's a whole world of isomorphic problems in the space that could do the same thing as google's weird boardgame fart-huffing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xaris posted:

it was good at launch, but then they kept buffing air and nerfing AA for no reason and other horrible balance (like tripling number of tickets in Ops making games super sloggy). Plus Operations was the best mode and they kneecapped it badly, and Rush kinda sucked compared to BC2, and I don't like Conquest so welp. I lost interest by the time the first expansion came out so idk if it's better now.

its absurdly better now, im still playing it. last week's dlc is buggy as hell tho but nothing less id expected from dice.

also you have to be the first player i know to actually focus on rush and operations, oddly enough. i played some ops back on release, only conquest and conquest assault now. not even sure if you can find a rush game these days tbh, i failed last i tried a few months ago

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

i got banned from so many servers trying to double plat Carl Gustav with a sharpie aimdot on my monitor back in the day

I used aimbots constantly back in the day, it was always hilarious

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
back in the day counterstrike maps didn't have CRC checks, so you could edit the maps and make a bunch of textures and walls semi-transparent

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I forget if it was Red Alert or Tiberian Sun but for one of them the online client ruleset was literally a .txt file that you could go into and change the cost of every unit to 1 and the build time for every structure/unit to 1, and it was hilarious

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my monthly soros check keep the lights on and the place warm

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/madsamarxist/status/967094298494820352

lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I was waiting in line today and spent the time petting a bodega cat

things are lookin pretty good

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the bf1942 demo was the only good thing dice has produced

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/23/former-trump-campaign-official-rick-gates-pleads-guilty-on-two-counts.html lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

SmokaDustbowl posted:

back in the day counterstrike maps didn't have CRC checks, so you could edit the maps and make a bunch of textures and walls semi-transparent

i just used a voodoo3 that gave me framerate drops when an enemy was about to turn a corner in front of me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

c lol s

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

cls I define my life around suffering and my hobbies raise my blood pressure at the least and make me genuinely angry at the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Poniard posted:

cls I define my life around suffering and my hobbies raise my blood pressure at the least and make me genuinely angry at the most