Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
thank god, kerrigan is being left alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

No Wave posted:

thank god, kerrigan is being left alone.

Hey now, let's be real, she may not be getting a rework, but that doesn't mean they won't get bored and nerf her anyway. Didn't Chen get randomly nerfed at one point a few months ago?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Maiev is still pretty busted even two patches later imo.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Realistically speaking, the Heroes devs say stuff and come up with "new plans" on how to treat the game from time to time, and they stick with it for a few months and then give up again. The only consistent thing they have really said they would do and then done long-term is stick to the new hero every 3-4 weeks, only missing it a few times.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I loving love baselining auto-pick talents like Master's Touch. Thanks, Blizz!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Hey now, let's be real, she may not be getting a rework, but that doesn't mean they won't get bored and nerf her anyway. Didn't Chen get randomly nerfed at one point a few months ago?
Kerri is super strong but nobody seems to mind. She actually got a nerf at the same time as the chen nerf because her infernal shrine interaction was dumb... but Q build sucks anyways so it really doesn't matter.

Plebs complain about her diversity but she has two real picks on every talent tier except level 4 (Ultralisk is real). But some people see the word "envenom" and start foaming at the mouth.

If she got a rework she'd probably end up nerfed (especially fury of the swarm) because she's quite often a little stronger than the devs tend to be comfortable with.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 23, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Kerrigan doesn't have any quests right? What other heroes don't have quests?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rehgar, Sonya, Brightwing (unless you count bribe), Nova (unless you count bribe/snipe master), Lunara, Li-Ming... all my favorites basically.

(+Abathur)

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

bamhand posted:

Kerrigan doesn't have any quests right? What other heroes don't have quests?

I just checked the client:

Leoric, Muradin, Garrosh, Medivh, Johanna, Malfurion **And D.Va** only have 1 apiece.

Anub'Arak, Gazlowe, Rexxar only have 1 and it's regen master. Kelthuzad has phylactery.

Artanis, Raynor only have seasoned marksman.

TLV, the Butcher, have their traits but no quest talents.

Non-quest-havers:
Rehgar
Abathur
Tyrael
LiLi
Kerrigan
Sgt Hammer
Nova
Brightwing
Sylvanas
Li Ming
Lunara
Sonya

e: for reference, the 1 talent folks have:

Garrosh: Groundbreaker damage, CDR on completion
Leoric: stacking attack speed on minion/hero kills
Muradin: Storm bolt damage on hero hit
Johanna: Punish slow+
Medivh: Master's Touch
Malfurion: stacking roots treant damage

thuly fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 23, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

D Va only has one as well and it's a bad talent.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

thuly posted:

I just checked the client:

Leoric, Muradin, Garrosh, Medivh, Johanna, Malfurion only have 1 apiece.
d.va also only has one quest talent and I have never seen someone pick it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I had someone in a game the other day pick Crash Course and it took me a moment to remember what it was when I saw the completion icon pop up on the screen.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Not sure how Chen isn’t #1 with a bullet on their rework list but I’m all right with all those proposals generally.

Has anyone tried Zeratul this patch with the buffs? I was gonna give him a run tonight with the cleave build probably.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I @ed McIntyre on YT and Twitter about this earlier today, actually. Since they shifted power from follow thru to abilities, I expect unloading and wormholing out will be more burst than before, which is pretty :getin:

Only thing stopping me is proper maps and comps. I'll give you feedback after tonight; I'm sure to shoehorn him in somehow :cheers:

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

I loving love baselining auto-pick talents like Master's Touch. Thanks, Blizz!

Best part is you won't have to wait until 7 to start stacking it anymore.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
voice chat has really made hots streams a lot worse to watch, it's pretty obnoxious. i personally wouldnt use it in ranked until i got to a highish number again

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Best part is you won't have to wait until 7 to start stacking it anymore.

Being able to progress the quest during the mid skirmish is a huge buff

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Garden of Terror in less than 12 minutes. This might legitimately be the worst stomp I've ever been a part of. I've never, not once, ever seen a Cho'Gall do so poorly in all the games I've played.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Trying to learn medivh but hooo boy is qm a bad place for that

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What's the best hero for playing while drunk on whiskey? Raynor?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Chen. Take a drink when he does.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

doverhog posted:

Varian? Protected BTW, charge the tracer and taunt it.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

doverhog posted:

ETC + fuckin' loud Motorhead

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

jackhunter64 posted:

ETC + fuckin' loud Motorhead

I did this with Diablo one night and his respawn time just made me get back to fights too fast for my own good.

"If you like to gamble I'll show you how to... die 15 times in a match."

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

doverhog posted:

Lili's my go to whenever I'm too tired to do anything hard.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Edit: double post

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

AlmightyBob posted:

Trying to learn medivh but hooo boy is qm a bad place for that

Never trust randos to use your portal correctly, just use it for yourself. See also: Thresh from League

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

doverhog posted:

Colossus Smash Varian, full stop

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Froghammer posted:

Colossus Smash Varian, full stop

The quests I got after being gone for 3 days seem to agree with you.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Dear Illidan players: When Murky's egg is killed he's revealed on the map until he can place a new one. You may think to yourself that this is the perfect opportunity to use The Hunt on him, when he's at his potentially most vulnerable. However, bear in mind that you should probably make sure that Murky's four other teammates aren't nearby when you dive in across the map alone and unsupported, and also remember that Murky has an ability which renders him briefly invulnerable to everything, including The Hunt.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
How to fix Blackheart's Bay.

Mercenary camps no longer drop coins.

You drop a coin, and all coins you have on you, on death.

Thank you Blizzard, hope this helps, I will take my check in the mail.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

You already drop all coins on death.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mental note: don't duel full Cursed Strikes build Xul even if you are the illest Illidan alive (because you'll be dead).

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kai Tave posted:

Dear Illidan players: When Murky's egg is killed he's revealed on the map until he can place a new one. You may think to yourself that this is the perfect opportunity to use The Hunt on him, when he's at his potentially most vulnerable. However, bear in mind that you should probably make sure that Murky's four other teammates aren't nearby when you dive in across the map alone and unsupported, and also remember that Murky has an ability which renders him briefly invulnerable to everything, including The Hunt.

Well maybe if you had engaged with him they would have won bg poo poo team gonna feed lol

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

1stGear posted:

Well maybe if you had engaged with him they would have won bg poo poo team gonna feed lol

Stop it. It's like I'm really in a game. Ugn.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Seebach posted:

You already drop all coins on death.

I think they are saying when you are killed, you drop 1 coin whether or not you are actually holding one, like on Spider Queen you drop 3 gems. Any coins in excess of that disappear.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

EdRush posted:

I think they are saying when you are killed, you drop 1 coin whether or not you are actually holding one, like on Spider Queen you drop 3 gems. Any coins in excess of that disappear.

Kaldaris posted:

You drop a coin, and all coins you have on you, on death.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

So the idea is that you drop n+1 coins when you die? It's an interesting thought.

Although there is nothing wrong with Blackhearts as it is :v:

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Blackheart's is okay but for whatever reason it feels unusually snowball-y. Maybe because the objective is guaranteed to get good value?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I just hate blackhearts because it is always a clusterfuck, like of like haunted mines.