Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

Speaking of Waylaid: that mission ends with you falling into the rat contraption and I wonder if there's anything that talks about what happens between that moment and the start of Vermintide 2? The opening V2 movie runs at 1 fps and has no sound for me so it's not like I can gleam anything useful from that.

the V2 opening movie's still just a placeholder, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

dmboogie posted:

the V2 opening movie's still just a placeholder, I think

Yeah it's just a slow zoom onto Helmgart with no sound.

PSA: Slayer is a reponsibility, and when you burn leap to trigger a chaos patrol on Nightmare or whatever we're calling it now and then immediately get vaporized as Chosen give you the Night At The Roxbury treatment you are in abdication of that responsibility.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

ZearothK posted:

Theoretically it could convert non-piercing damage into piercing damage and just be poorly labelled. So the +10% armor piercing damage on a 0% armor piercing weapon would have 10% of its damage as piercing armor.

Right, this is the kind of thing I'm asking about.

Let's not pretend that this stuff is simple and straightforward. I'm not reading a carefully constructed instruction manual here, this is Fatshark.

Also has anyone figured out which stats can pop up in which slots? I don't want to spend a bunch of shards rerolling a necklace for some stat it can't even have.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't say I care for the new heavy combo on the sword and shield.

Also, I get the weird feeling stamina doesn't regenerate as fast in this one. I feel like I run out of shields a lot more often, and not just from taking hits from behind.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mendrian posted:

Also has anyone figured out which stats can pop up in which slots? I don't want to spend a bunch of shards rerolling a necklace for some stat it can't even have.
Not for sure. As far as orange traits go, I've found:

Rapier: A 50% increase to shove strength if the target is attacking. "Perfect parry" timing costs 100% less stamina, whatever that means.
Brace: Consecutive attacks on the same target increase power by 5% for 5 seconds
Repeater pistol: Not sure, I think it might have been critical hits don't cost ammo?

Necklace: Using a health item gets you 50% damage reduction for 10 seconds. (I rerolled and got the same one, so I don't know if I was unlucky or this is the only one)
Charm: Potions aren't consumed but you lose health instead.
Trinket: +50% explosion radius for bombs.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 24, 2018

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Willie Tomg posted:

PSA: Slayer is a reponsibility, and when you burn leap to trigger a chaos patrol on Nightmare or whatever we're calling it now and then immediately get vaporized as Chosen give you the Night At The Roxbury treatment you are in abdication of that responsibility.

Fine, but I reserve the right to leap directly in the path of stranglers and assassins in the vain attempt of looking super cool.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Is Fanatic Saltzpyre a no-ranged haver like the slayer or does he still get to pop people with a brace of pistols when he's not charging people with his flail?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What is "perfect parry"

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

Is Fanatic Saltzpyre a no-ranged haver like the slayer or does he still get to pop people with a brace of pistols when he's not charging people with his flail?

He still uses guns. Can't use the rapier though, so no infinite side-arm ammo.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I bought this game on a whim with no knowledge of what it is or how to play, based solely on my hatred of skaven in tww2. What should I know so as to not totally embarrass myself?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

BigHead posted:

I bought this game on a whim with no knowledge of what it is or how to play, based solely on my hatred of skaven in tww2. What should I know so as to not totally embarrass myself?

Vermintide, or Vermintide 2?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

One of the elf subclasses in VT2 has a spear. Instant purchase.

Did they fix any of the loot issues from VT1?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Vargs posted:

Vermintide, or Vermintide 2?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Yessssss? Ish?

It seems like it will taken even longer to acquire the 'correct' gear than it did before. On the other hand, all gear contributes to damage.

I guess what I'm saying is they fixed it and then introduced new issues.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

sushibandit posted:

What do you consider issues and how long ago are you talking about

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Any tips for playing BW? I'm not sure how I should be managing heat. Her melee weapons seem bad other than the basic sword, am I missing something about the dagger and mace?

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
So I'm playing with a friend in the VT2 Closed Beta and I have some questions I haven't been able to figure out myself:

What does Hero Power actually translate to in game terms exactly? Does anyone have numbers for whatever it is?

Can the Witch Hunter with a rapier still shoot his pistol he's carrying? If so, how/what button? I didn't see an obvious button for it in the keybindings.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darius099 posted:

So I'm playing with a friend in the VT2 Closed Beta and I have some questions I haven't been able to figure out myself:

What does Hero Power actually translate to in game terms exactly? Does anyone have numbers for whatever it is?

Can the Witch Hunter with a rapier still shoot his pistol he's carrying? If so, how/what button? I didn't see an obvious button for it in the keybindings.

As far as we know Power gives you a little bit more damage right now, and is the main difficulty mode gate. That seems to be it.

Mouse 4 is the rapier pistol shot and is not currently rebindable.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Game still crashes every single match on a GTX 980

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Orv posted:

As far as we know Power gives you a little bit more damage right now, and is the main difficulty mode gate. That seems to be it.

Mouse 4 is the rapier pistol shot and is not currently rebindable.

Wow, that's... yeah that's pretty dumb. I don't have a mouse4. Haha.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So in keeping with "things that are brokenly good", besides the Hagbane and elf generally being stupid powerful, one of the orange traits is "potions aren't consumed but you lose health when using it." I figured this would be a decent amount. No, its less than what a clanrat hits you for on Veteran. It basically means that you should be popping that potion at every boss, swarm, and major fight. Its insanely good.

Darius099 posted:

Wow, that's... yeah that's pretty dumb. I don't have a mouse4. Haha.
Its also annoying because my m4 is a thumb button which makes aiming the drat thing irritating. Its already on a firing delay, adding in the moving mouse and its not the most reliable. Useful as all hell when it does land, though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I don't get why the sniper elf got self-healing and effectively infinite ammo.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Ravenfood posted:

one of the orange traits is "potions aren't consumed but you lose health when using it." I figured this would be a decent amount. No, its less than what a clanrat hits you for on Veteran. It basically means that you should be popping that potion at every boss, swarm, and major fight. Its insanely good.

Best used on Ironbreaker. The Gromril Armor absorption takes the health hit you'd incur.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The devs think elves are super cool? I don't know, but its annoying as hell. She gets great blender melee weapons too, for some reason. And, as mentioned above, the Hagbane is stupid. They could have done a lot with it besides turning it into a mini-bomb on command, but nope, she gets that, self-regen passively, and a ton of ammo back whenever she uses her homing arrow special.

Lunethex posted:

Best used on Ironbreaker. The Gromril Armor absorption takes the health hit you'd incur.
Cool! I wanted to try something different from Saltzypyre's bounty hunter for awhile so played a few games as the Dwarf. Good to know I've got something to look forward to.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Rapier's alt fire is infinite ammo and does decent damage and makes plinking with Salty hilariously fun. Just constantly be popping heads off because why not. Shoot rat ogre in the face while backing up from him. Seems to 1 shot some specials if you hit them in the head. A++

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I love how you can now upgrade items.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Don't tell Fatshark but it says you need 30 scrap to go from blue to orange but it's still 10 :smug:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
ask me about my bad orange level 100 items

now just let me get an orange level 5 item

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They changed the dwarfs ranger class talent to make elites drop health potions 25% of the time. I've looked at the dwarf and witch hunter base classes and they seem really helpful to the group. Thinking about playing the dwarf ranger and I craft a new grudge raker orange 10% crit 20% dmg to chaos, lol.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I thought it was 1/4 times before.

I just ran a few normal maps with that on and I am still iffy on it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

Rapier's alt fire is infinite ammo and does decent damage and makes plinking with Salty hilariously fun. Just constantly be popping heads off because why not. Shoot rat ogre in the face while backing up from him. Seems to 1 shot some specials if you hit them in the head. A++
Yeah, I don't know how you'd play with him and use a different melee weapon. Its so great for popping specials at will while saving whatever your ranged weapon is for melting the bosses.

Tenzarin posted:

They changed the dwarfs ranger class talent to make elites drop health potions 25% of the time. I've looked at the dwarf and witch hunter base classes and they seem really helpful to the group. Thinking about playing the dwarf ranger and I craft a new grudge raker orange 10% crit 20% dmg to chaos, lol.
Maybe the Witch Hunter Captain is better with some ranks in it, but once I hit bounty hunter I never looked back. The F ability will almost completely one-shot Chosen, kill any specials/SVs, and generally just clear a huge path (at level 15ish, at least), and the double ammo gives you stupid abilities to magdump if you want. The bounty hunter passive improves the damage on your plinking pistol to boot.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 24, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'm writing a bulleted list to fill out my posts on the Fatshark forum sooner or later. If you have any ideas to add to this let me know.

quote:

This will be a bulleted list of things that should be looked at gameplay wise, tiny QoL additions, and things that don’t need a deep explanation. Made as sort of a reminder of what we’ve seen and what will improve a player’s life in-game. Since open beta is close at hand I expect a lot of them will be in already but based on all CBT experience, these little things would go a long way.

**UI, INVENTORY, CRAFTING**
1. Item icons and colors need to be more identifiable.
2. Elements of UI should be able to be moved around.
3. Option to make Ally Ammo Bars (orange bar) into numbers instead.
4. Option to see Ally active skill gauge.
5. Option to see items equipped on teammates on the Tab screen and their stats.
6. Inventory should showcase all hero stats and reflect modifiers from talents and items.
7. Inventory should separate items by type and further by quality and power, i.e orange on top and two-handed swords with two-handed swords and spears with spears.
8. Like in V1, all crafting materials should be shown at the bottom of the inventory screen side-by-side.
9. Tooltips should appear instantly.
10. Should be able to upgrade items currently equipped on heroes without unequipping them.
11. Weapon’s innate crit rates need to be part of their tooltips, as well as max targets hit between Chaos and Skaven.
12. Hotkeys for instantly activating Quickplay or going straight to the lobby browser.
13. An added tab in the inventory for weapon skins, though this is probably going to end up in Cosmetics.
14. Add Loadout Presets, letting players switch gear by one click.

**GAMEPLAY**
1. Quickplay needs to stop recommending games where your currently selected hero is taken.
2. Quickplay should not rejoin you to the same games over and over.
3. Quickplay should give an indication of what map you are about to join in progress so you have the time to choose a fitting career.
4. Quickplay should not join games still sitting at the Keep.
5. Host needs to have total kick abilities and not have to worry about a vote kick to remove someone.
6. Bots need to contribute their career skills but at least their talents to combat when the player levels them. Their actives could be controlled by numpad inputs by the host.
7. Bots need to carry and hold tomes and grimoires when they are pinged. Can still ping health to get them to heal otherwise.
8. Lobby browser should have icons indicating what heroes are currently in play before clicking on the lobby in question, small icons with the character’s symbol, i.e the Waywatcher’s spirals for Kerillian or the Empire Cross for Kruber.
9. Weapon and Equipment chest added at the start of all maps. Potentially allow career changes.
10. When Lootboxes are opened, there needs to be a salvage option next to unwanted items so that one does not need to figure out where it is in the forge and go from there.
11. When Lootboxes are opened, just show the items and stop forcing people to reveal them.
12. Make potions and bombs in the Keep respawn after a few seconds if taken.

**END OF MISSION**
1. Quickplay loot bonus should be removed and applied to Completed Mission instead.
2. The whole end screen needs to be overhauled. It takes way too long and like V1, you already get a reward the moment the mission ends, meaning everything you watch is a pointless affectation. If there’s a way to reduce the time the end of mission screen takes to about 10 seconds, then that’s what needs to be done. Make all objectives fill up the bar simultaneously and have all EXP tallied up at the same time. This is probably the most important thing about it all. An option to skip this outright or speed it up tremendously is paramount.
3. Add more options at the end rather than just Return to the Keep, such as picking another mission, allowing players to keep going on without unnecessary pauses.
4. Re-add the ‘Damage Taken’ statistic. It helps players see better what their play styles are doing for them.
5. Add the ‘Enemies Shoved’ statistic.
6. Add the ‘Damage Blocked’ statistic.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 24, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

let me skip the ending screen or speed it up at least double, maybe triple is the most important one on there

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Add damage taken to the end mission screen. There was no reason to drop it, and it is a really important criteria since excessive damage is a good indication that a given player needs to play more conservatively.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

now that modding is in I am going to try to do this for all rats and chaos, but with the elf voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f476qYCQPvg&t=456s

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, I don't know how you'd play with him and use a different melee weapon. Its so great for popping specials at will while saving whatever your ranged weapon is for melting the bosses.

Maybe the Witch Hunter Captain is better with some ranks in it, but once I hit bounty hunter I never looked back. The F ability will almost completely one-shot Chosen, kill any specials/SVs, and generally just clear a huge path (at level 15ish, at least), and the double ammo gives you stupid abilities to magdump if you want. The bounty hunter passive improves the damage on your plinking pistol to boot.

The witch hunter captain, can get 20% dmg if the team is holding a grim, and heal the entire party for every taggable enemy killed.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Night10194 posted:

It's still technically closed beta, I'm really hoping for a balance pass prior to the preorder beta/release. There are something that are transparently way too strong.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Okay, playing Irondrake Bardin owns.

Pretty much walk around destroying everything with the flamethrower, if there's a horde you can't burn down hit q then f and hold right click and your team can handle it. Didn't somebody said the Drakefire gun was weaker this build, wtf was it doing before? It seems pretty good.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 24, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It wasn't generating heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Okay, playing Irondrake Bardin owns.

Pretty much walk around destroying everything with the flamethrower, if there's a horde you can't burn down hit q then f and hold right click and your team can handle it. Didn't somebody said the Drakefire gun was weaker this build, wtf was it doing before? It seems pretty good.

Last build the drakefire pistols aoe was smaller, haven't tried them again.

• Locked thread