Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Women's final is at 7:05PM EST on Saturday. An eminently reasonable time.

Also that Shuster quote about his grandkids made me misty eyed even before tonight. :911:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
You are little girly curling men.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo USA won :stare: gonna need a full watch whenever it gets posted , had to be sleeping for this one :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe John Shuster somehow shimmied his curse onto Eve Muirhead.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Inspector_666 posted:

Women's final is at 7:05PM EST on Sunday. An eminently reasonable time.

Also that Shuster quote about his grandkids made me misty eyed even before tonight. :911:

7:05 PM Saturday, chief.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Miracurl on Ice

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Haha the OBS stream picked up them mentioning that. I wasn't sure if they were kidding.

Close enough, IOC.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Argus Zant posted:

7:05 PM Saturday, chief.

Oh poo poo, my bad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux/status/967339511989420032

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

Miracurl on Ice

:boom:

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
I can't believe I got up at 5am for this GB vs Japan match. I hope something happens before the end.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Japan is crazy in the zone here.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Went back and capped my favorite shot of the gold medal game. This thing was insane.

End 8, USA shot 4.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I went to bed early and just woke up and cannot loving believe Schuster won gold. This is a disgrace.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

I Greyhound posted:

Went back and capped my favorite shot of the gold medal game. This thing was insane.

End 8, USA shot 4.

Is this why it's called...curling? :thunk:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

lol Muirhead just Koe'd so hard

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Josh Lyman posted:

lol Muirhead just Koe'd so hard

Whenever I've tuned in to watch these games, she's fumbled all the most crucial shots it feels like.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Whoopsy`-doodle. Great Britain flubs the last shot to lose. (Though the alternative would be going into an extra end tied without the hammer.)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

note to self: never get emotionally involved in women's curling ever again

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I think this means we get a curling anime.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

I think this means we get a curling anime.
I wonder if the hammer will be a supermove like in Dragonball or something.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Here is Sweden's final shot. Unfortunately the feed was showing the other end for the first part of it. It was actually a pretty well placed draw.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Vertical Lime posted:

note to self: never get emotionally involved in women's curling ever again

I picked a bad year for this

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tolly Totes posted:

I picked a bad year for this
Umm but South Korea is in the gold medal game????

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I thought curling would be a good sport to watch because Canada is good at it and America isn't but oh man

E: I am happy for Shuster

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I still can't believe the schlubby bowlers beat the Swedish models.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

in the Olympics anything can happen, like the Canadian teams washing the gently caress out

good on team USA and holy gently caress South Korea is in the gold medal game :eyepop:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

This is going to make for a great movie. I hope they cast Nick Offerman and Megan mullalley as the Hamiltons.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
As much as I love Eve and Anna, the Japanese certainly earned the bronze there.

And Schuster is the feel good story of the year. I wish I still had that picture of Schuster looking contented next to a dejected Jason Smith from 2010 whist they were getting their asses handed to them, but I seem to have lost it.

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 24, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rescue Toaster posted:

As much as I love Eve and Anna, the Japanese certainly earned the bronze there.

And Schuster is the feel good story of the year. I wish I still had that picture of Schuster looking contented next to a dejected Jason Smith from 2010 whist they were getting their asses handed to them, but I seem to have lost it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Did Ivanka even stick around? I feel like she was just there as a photo op.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm watching USA/SWE now and just finished the 8th end.

I feel like Sweden should've just froze on USA's shot rock. USA would have to draw for one, at best 2 if they could bump Sweden's shot rock.

I'm the girl front and center on camera, violating federal law by wearing flag tights, losing her gat drat mind

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 24, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

In the 9th, the Swedish 3rd overthrew his first rock by like an inch. All he had to do was draw inside the house behind his own guard. Had it stayed in, Sweden would've scored 3. Still difficult to steal 2 to send the match into EE but at least possible.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 24, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Look Around You posted:

the best part is how they're telling everyone that shuster went out and got in better shape for this competition
I guess if I lose 35 lbs, I too can win Olympic gold

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

I guess I can finally delete my vancouver 2010 shuster folder. you've come a long way, fat man

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In honor of Japan's bronze, I present this:
https://twitter.com/itatatata6/status/967441034601889792

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Josh Lyman posted:

Umm but South Korea is in the gold medal game????

Some of us waifu Eve Muirhead :negative:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Some of us waifu Eve Muirhead :negative:
Friendship ended with Muirhead, now Kim is new best friend

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm watching USA/SWE now and just finished the 8th end.

I feel like Sweden should've just froze on USA's shot rock. USA would have to draw for one, at best 2 if they could bump Sweden's shot rock.

You can't draw through that port, it curls too much. Would have to through at least hack weight which would have removed the backing.

Goddamn no medals for Canada OR the UK in men's and women's. This is a disgrace! Actually it's cool that other countries are getting good at curling.

During the bronze medal game, the CBC commentators were saying that 43% of South Koreans watched the semi-final between Korea and Japan! That's insane. Can't even imagine how many will be watching the gold medal game. They figured it was probably the most viewed curling game ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chicken posted:

You can't draw through that port, it curls too much. Would have to through at least hack weight which would have removed the backing.
Could you send it through the red guard just short of the house and the yellow stone top 8 foot and have it rub off the yellow left 8 foot just above the T line? Or maybe just rub off the yellow stone top 8 foot.

Alternatively, peel weight into the 3 yellow stones left 8 foot.

quote:

During the bronze medal game, the CBC commentators were saying that 43% of South Koreans watched the semi-final between Korea and Japan! That's insane. Can't even imagine how many will be watching the gold medal game. They figured it was probably the most viewed curling game ever!
Korean semifinal was at 8pm Friday night, Korean final will be at 9am Sunday morning. Viewership likely lower... well, maybe it'll pick up toward the end.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 24, 2018

• Locked thread