Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

I love that a quarter of all Teemo games are played using PTSDmo.

It's only a quarter of all games where a skin is used, which I imagine is a fraction of the amount of total Teemo games. Still rad tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

foutre posted:

What full build are you going on Lux atm?

I haven't been able to play enough, but I like Archangel's, Rabadon's, Void, Sorcs as a core four and then Morellonomicon, GLP-8000, Banshee's, Zhonya's, Spellbinder (, Mejais) to taste, depending on the enemy team's composition.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

These aboslutely loving cowards had the opportunity to have a game where neither techies nor pudge existed and they botched it

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

strong bird posted:

These aboslutely loving cowards had the opportunity to have a game where neither techies nor pudge existed and they botched it

Neither of those heroes exist in League of Legends friend

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Theres at the very least 4 pudges in this game

Orv
May 4, 2011
Every MOBA has to have a Pudge. I don't know why that's the character that ended up being universal, but that's how it happened.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Correction: theres 3 pudges and about 4 batriders

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nobody has a hook with the range or power of pudge's hook, and lol is a game with much slower kills than dota. the closest to pudge is bltiz and blitz lacks the lockdown ult that pudge has.

Orv
May 4, 2011
We're just saying "has a hook skillshot" and you know it.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
League has everything dota has its just that in dota its also 3000 unit range with a 5 second stun for some reason.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Matt Lindland posted:

League has everything dota has its just that in dota its also 3000 unit range with a 5 second stun for some reason.

The theme of your posts is that you can't dodge skillshots to save your loving life

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I fuckin wish this game had Techies. Riot is too cowardly to even make Teemo shrooms have an upfront damage component

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lee Sin is good, but he is not good

Orv
May 4, 2011

Matt Lindland posted:

Where's my Rubick, fucker.

Or my Pugna.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Pugna is girl pudge.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Or my Meepo.

Not that I was ever one of those Meepo players but still.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rygar201 posted:

The theme of your posts is that you can't dodge skillshots to save your loving life

I wish I could dodge your posts, it would save my life :v:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rubick and meepo would be terrible in league. leagues design philosophy of having cohesive, very synergistic abilities make taking any random ability feel less impactful. meepo would be absolute hell to control, as league has no interest in rts micro and any micro in the game is completely at odds with the games engine and you have to battle just to be able to do simple movement. pugna would be less pugnacious.

i would much rather newer, original characters.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

rubick and meepo would be terrible in league. leagues design philosophy of having cohesive, very synergistic abilities make taking any random ability feel less impactful. meepo would be absolute hell to control, as league has no interest in rts micro and any micro in the game is completely at odds with the games engine and you have to battle just to be able to do simple movement. pugna would be less pugnacious.

Techies, on the other hand, would be wonderful in LoL.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

they already gave pugna's ult to the scarecrow as a basic move so he cant be here. his mojo has been thoroughly stolen

Orv
May 4, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

Ah, yes.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

im glad the dual needlers are finally making a return to gaming after X years

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Orv posted:

Ah, yes.

and yet, when i look at that character i see something that mechanically fits into league way better than shoehorning an idea from a completely different game. rubick would be terrible in league of legends since it does not have cliffs or flight, and spell stealing is not as game warping as it is when black hole and ravage exist. pugnas nether wards are a neat concept that might work in league, but rather than lazily taking ideas from a dying game, just make new ideas instead.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is possible that my suggestion to add a character(s) which would in no way fit the design ethos of League was not serious.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone said yet that DotA sucks rear end? Because it actually does suck rear end

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

It's very bad... Not much else to be said... Don't want to go around being negative but... we all know it.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lost 9 games in a row the other day but i won one today and still got +25 lp. this year riot games is my valentine.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

god drat does kayle go off

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

pog boyfriend posted:

god drat does kayle go off

I can't wait for Kayle's ult to become a skillshot and if she wants to ult herself she has to shoot it and then flash in front of the projectile

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

JerryLee posted:

I can't wait for Kayle's ult to become a skillshot and if she wants to ult herself she has to shoot it and then flash in front of the projectile

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Separate the good Kayles from the great

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
seperate the good from the kayle

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Methanar is just happy because they’ll give her .8 E ratio back when they do it

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

You, building three sheens on "Fat" Annie Top:

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I have no self awareness and only think about how assassins interact with me and not how they add a lot to the game, especially when you are going to lose to that mpg maw unless someone pops him

Complaining about assassins is imo the best way to identify a player that takes pride in their skill and yet refuses to improve or actually break out of bronze. Same with blitz. These are champs that will auto win unless you actively look to punish them. Just saying ‘hmmm well maybe if I just farm he’ll leave me alone’ and then complaining about how unfun zed is when you inevitably allow him to safely scale, or make zero effort into understanding how to deny them their damage. Instead you need to learn how to look for opportunities to create advantages, before they press their commitment button. This is unfortunately 5% harder than aggressively avoiding champs and just ‘trying to farm’ and why actually learn how to play those matchups when you can just throw your hands up in resignation after you did nothing to punish 3 blitz hooks that missed and you finally died on the 4th
Me, an intellectual:
https://i.imgur.com/Ix4QDQm.mp4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tristana, pushing down a lane with no allies nearby and no wards and a zed on the enemy team: i am making a skilled play right now

Orv
May 4, 2011
Obviously we can't see how the rest of that map is but a foot in front of bot T2 isn't exactly across the river.

Should have warded that though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Orv posted:

Obviously we can't see how the rest of that map is but a foot in front of bot T2 isn't exactly across the river.

Should have warded that though.
i mean from the way the wave was i assumed the bottom inner was down

Orv
May 4, 2011
You could see that from an uncontested push, but yeah could be.

To be fair I'm on the "gently caress Zed" side of things but that's just a general thing not a "remove assassins" thing.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Endorph posted:

i mean from the way the wave was i assumed the bottom inner was down
Outer was, inner was not. Here's red vision a second before that clip

I didn't really mean to make much in the way of a balance statement/complaint, I just thought the clip was funny :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Being across a wall from somewhere you have no vision to or leading up to when there's a Zed or other dashy assassin is bad, yeah.

Funny video, though.