Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's cool that Ivanka is an official ambassador ops, drat what a talented family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

i bet colton's going to have a wonderful time in school now that this is national news

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/967155166754627589

[extremely aerosmith voice] ajit’s got a gun

Good to see that the NRA is diversifying their evil

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agronox posted:

trump saw how "little rocket man's" sister was getting great press and wants desperately to one-up him

I really hope future history books are honest enough to admit that the reason we went to war with North Korea was that Trump was jealous that Kim's sister was hotter than Trump's daughter

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
why is the nra against net neutrality?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

zeal posted:

i bet colton's going to have a wonderful time in school now that this is national news

more chuds needs to be shunned

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/twotenkaku/status/967074924031455232

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

oliwan posted:

why is the nra against net neutrality?

They're part of the same blood-fueled people-smashing machine

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

zeal posted:

lmao. i'm glad of it

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

the sun never sets on infrastructure week

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

imagine being a student in a class of other students and teachers who you publicly accused of something like this on television

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The fact that the NRA are celebrating a net neutrality repeal, an issue that has nothing to do with gun rights, should clue everyone in to how bankrupt the NRA is, but conservatives are too loving stupid to realize that.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
im "India", a gigantic area with an incredibly varied climate.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

imagine being named colton lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jBrereton posted:

All of Mexico is India, pal. Get with the times!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

imagine trump lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jBrereton posted:

what do you think mexico is

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

jBrereton posted:

mexico is also a gigantic area with an incredibly varied climate, do you not get that? it's a very appropriate comparison

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

gently caress off with this cocktease. We get this article once a week, put up or shut up.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

zeal posted:

mexico is also a gigantic area with an incredibly varied climate, do you not get that? it's a very appropriate comparison
ya I just think it isn't a very useful descriptor at all in any case (see also p much everything on that map bigger than the UK + portugal)

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
it would be very retro cool if the president's daughter was kidnapped by communists

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

what’s the emote for :catstare: that grows to blot out the sun.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

jBrereton posted:

Japan is the size of the entire Eastern seaboard, and it's southern areas are basically tropical. But they just cut it off at Tokyo

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

gently caress Colton

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Mike Pence posted:

gently caress Colts

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

jBrereton posted:

Not true on a number of levels.

Even in later medieval times, there was an idea of a state as a state when it came to military matters. In the Hundred Years' War, soldiers signed an indenture, or contract, to fight for England. There is a huge index of soldier rolls at https://research.reading.ac.uk/medievalsoldier/ derived from this information.

You also had "of the German Nation" being a part of the Holy Roman Empire's official title from the early 16th century. It didn't get their by accident.

not gonna read the 30 pages in between, but I think the crux of the issue was what the peasants most closely identified themselves with.

yeah the Roman Empire and the British royal family existed for a long time, but they weren’t the ones conscripting soldiers. they had dukes and barons bend the knee. and it’s those local lords who the common folk actually felt a connection to (that connection was probably fear)

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

imagine trump lmao

:piss:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

this is will happen if we don't stop chain migration! SAD!

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
The X- men was the Breakfast Club for autists

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jBrereton posted:

same but Mexico and central america

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

the future cartographers want

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

my wife wants me to buy her an account.

i am terrified at this new development and have attempted to put it off

:lol:

my wife wanted to know what the hell i was reading online that was giving me all those "horrible views of the world" so i got her a gift cert last year

i don't know when she regged or what her username is, but some time later she mentioned she'd read "some of the forums" with a rather bemused look on her face and i realized i hadn't been clear enough that it's c-spam i post on, only c-spam, never leave c-spam, jesus

she probably wandered into gbs first and i dunno where else she went from there, and i don't know if she's been back

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Duscat posted:

my wife wanted to know what the hell i was reading online that was giving me all those "horrible views of the world" so i got her a gift cert last year

i don't know when she regged or what her username is, but some time later she mentioned she'd read "some of the forums" with a rather bemused look on her face and i realized i hadn't been clear enough that it's c-spam i post on, only c-spam, never leave c-spam, jesus

she probably wandered into gbs first and i dunno where else she went from there, and i don't know if she's been back

U lost her to the demons that are now torturing her soul.

Good going, numbnuts

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

China checks out because the only place anybody lives is along the coast

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

dang that website

"We have about 50% of the world's wealth but only 6.3 of its population... We cannot fail to be the object of envy and resentment. Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships, which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity without positive detriment to our national security. To do so we will have to dispense with all sentimentality and daydreaming; and our attention will have to be concentrated everywhere on our immediate national objectives. We need not deceive ourselves that we can afford today the luxury of altruism and world benefaction... We should cease to talk about vague unreal objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standards, and democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts. The less we are hampered by idealistic slogans, the better."

George Kennan, secret State Department memo, February 1948

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Duscat posted:

She married me and she's my wife now, I'm sorry

• Locked thread