Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Burkion posted:

...context?

Like did you mean church as in The Religious Place or Church as in Some Character Somewhere
I mean did Woolie's parents beat him as a child and send him to Grenada as chastisment for his sins or some bullshit? I get it but I don't remember specifics.
Talking out of my rear end I might be. Invading poor woolie's privacy I may also be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Your very existence is rear end-talking, my dude. I can't believe you listen to the podcast and are too stupid to understand why woolie talks about his upbringing the way he does.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie has vaguely made it very clear exactly why he doesn't have the highest opinion of that whole stuff.

Exactly as clear as he ever needs to, probably more than he wanted.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Just popping in to say that when Pat says everyone in Star Wars has spaceships, he really does mean everyone. For example, Wookies have spaceships that they make out of wood.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

You don't know what your messin with.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Your very existence is rear end-talking, my dude. I can't believe you listen to the podcast and are too stupid to understand why woolie talks about his upbringing the way he does.
Look. I'm sorry if I come off as an idiot, but I have memory problems when I'm surfing the internet and online research 12 hours a day, every day - so sometimes I ask whether or not I'm remembering this or that correctly. I have no excuse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat and Woolie making GBS threads on wookie culture was the best yet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
"Hung upside down and beaten with sticks, like a warrior" is loving cracking me up holy poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

sometimes i worry about you

He grew up in a very religious evangelic family, he has talked about that a ton of times. That's enough to make you hate church.

Huh. Interesting. What's Pat's hang-up with large things? Y'know, roller coasters, basketball players, top shelves, etc.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
And while we're at it what's up with Matt taking biweekly vacations and spending all the zaibatsu's money on episode intros for his own channel?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

Huh. Interesting. What's Pat's hang-up with large things? Y'know, roller coasters, basketball players, top shelves, etc.

please don't make fun of us vertically challenged people

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why hasn't Liam been in any LPs in a while?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrast posted:

Why hasn't Liam been in any LPs in a while?

He was killed during the Great Omikron Crisis.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Who is this Woolie person, is he new?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who's making these intros? Is that a thing? I was watching Chuggaconroy play Earthbound and it was just a 'Hello welcome back' and that was it.

Also why does Pat keeping going on about Dark Souls?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

What's with their obsession with this plaque of grips fellow?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Remember Dork Girl??

Remember Two Snacks??

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The hell kind of name is TheSw1tcher?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
IMO they should go back to the old intro without the lyrics.

Seriously though they used those lyrics in like two videos and I will never, ever forget them for some reason.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Why do they keep talking about stands? All they do for work is sit down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Why do they talk so much about Montreal? Do they have family in Canada?

e: but anyways, gruchio. I respect that you are not in the same kind of mindset as most of us here, I don't know what is up with your life, but whatever it is, I'm glad you're living it sufficiently well. And I happen to be fascinated with Woolie vs Religion, so here's the short rundown form what I can recall from the top of my head:
Religion has always been a big part of Woolie's upbringing. A big enough part that he parsed its hypocrite nature when Bad Stuff happened. Before that, it was the instrument for him being denied the entertainment that kids around him got. He couldn't play 'violent' games, couldn't do halloween. Then his father bailed on them. The sanctity of marriage doesn't matter to babbu woolie anymore and that's one of the big religion things. Then religion is even more important now that his mom has taken them to Granada, but as things go on, he just spots more hypocrisy and abandoned faith, facilitated by a generation that is doing that on the whole.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 24, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
What the gently caress is a video game

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWSML-xZnmI

Early Access MLP-inspired fighting game on the Skullgirls engine.

Legit hype in this video.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Oxyclean posted:

Just started watching HunterXHunter with some friends. Three or four episodes in and it seems pretty fun. For some reason I thought it was going to be more serious or edgy looking. Had this mental image of like, Bloodborne esque characters doing edgy anime battles.

Not edgy but it does get into heavier themes later on and the violence will ramp up in the first big arc. I believe the show aired on Saturday mornings up until the Chimera Ant arc and got moved to like Tuesday at 2AM or something.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I was watching Binding of Isaac today and a segment from that LP matched exactly with a scene from one of my dreams nine months ago. Is this merely dejavu or does this imply that my fate is locked and unchangeable?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Please stop.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Grouchio Log Off, there is only pain here.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
lmao

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Can't wait for Grouchio to kidnap and murder one or more Zaibatsu members.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

a cartoon duck posted:

Can't wait for Grouchio to kidnap and murder one or more Zaibatsu members.
Please don't joke about that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Tae posted:

Pat and Woolie making GBS threads on wookie culture was the best yet.

Which episode is this? I've fallen off the KOTOR train.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yesterday's episode, but generally the last 3-4 have been Woolie being completely tired of Wookie culture literally giving all the power to the elder sibling because gently caress You

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Grouchio posted:

Please don't joke about that.

Please don't kill and eat Pat

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Latest SotC video has Pat basically laying down advanced Nen techniques and doesn’t even realize it

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Somehow I made it this far without knowing the loving horse dies.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Knowing people are watching the LP without having played the game just makes me a little sad.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is definitely one of those games where it's better to play it than to watch it.

Preferably playing it in the PS2 era where this poo poo was mind blowing and not just cool.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Agro gave it for the cause, respect

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Phantasium posted:

Knowing people are watching the LP without having played the game just makes me a little sad.

People who were born when it came out are turning 13 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

People who were born when it came out are turning 13 years old

I'm not saying they needed to play it when it came out. I mean that's part of the point of re-releasing it.