Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Oh dear god Forgeworld really screwed the pooch on the space wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Chiwie posted:

Oh dear god Forgeworld really screwed the pooch on the space wolves.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

They look good though?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BULBASAUR posted:

Spike Missiles or Round Missiles?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Round, the spikes look too much like spring loaded GI Joe weapons.

BULBASAUR posted:

Round ones it is

Someone drew the wrong conclusion.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I think those Space Woof guns look bad as well, but I have to point out to everybody complaining about the "upside down" front sight, that there are like no bolters modeled with rear sights, without which front sights are functionally useless any drat way.

Seriously, it's a big rear end rocket pistol with no functional iron sights, and it always has been.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The charge here isn't "muh realism," it's "FW claims its poo poo don't smell." They blatantly hosed up with the model, but are still claiming it was meant to be that way. There's no getting around that.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

They’re saying it’s an “underslung reddot sight” hmmmmmmm

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Reynold posted:

I think those Space Woof guns look bad as well, but I have to point out to everybody complaining about the "upside down" front sight, that there are like no bolters modeled with rear sights, without which front sights are functionally useless any drat way.

Seriously, it's a big rear end rocket pistol with no functional iron sights, and it always has been.

The upside down sights are bad, Reynold.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

They’re artistic license.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Only the most special upgrade kits for the most special legion

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The artisy had prototype Butcher's Nails installed.

They're just two nails.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Hixson posted:

They’re saying it’s an “underslung reddot sight” hmmmmmmm

People were also complaining about the terminators having their hands glued directly to the bolters in some picture FW put out, and then FW posted a picture of a terminator with his hand clearly around the grip. They then proceeded to call the grip a "stock". I mean, these dudes clearly don't know common firearm features or nomenclature, but like, it has always been that way.

Like I said before, the guns look bad, sure, but they all do, and always have.

Also Space Wolves deserve it. I don't know why I think that. I just FEEL like it is something they deserve.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The front sight doesn't make sense without a rear, but its been on the front of bolters in the same position for 20 years. The ejection port is also on the wrong side and upside down.

It's not a stylistic choice, it's a fuckup and FW doubling down makes it even funnier. It's very cool and good that no one from the sculptor, to the production team, to QA know what a bolter looks like.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

TTerrible posted:

The ejection port is also on the wrong side and upside down.

I've got quite a few models where the ejection port is present on both sides.

Ambidextrous ejection ports! :haw:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
For that caseless ammunition.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how the case flying out of the caseless-ammunition weapon in Reynold's av is about half the width of the muzzle.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
if only they made space marines 25% larger so they could fit in all these details

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

who in their right mind signed off on those awful looking fur merkins

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

I like how the case flying out of the caseless-ammunition weapon in Reynold's av is about half the width of the muzzle.

At least the bolter looks OK. Whenever an artist is asked to draw a bolter or a lasgun, even odds are they're gonna gently caress up.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TTerrible posted:

For that caseless ammunition.

I think you mean careless ammunition, the only one forgeworld weapons can shoot

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ayn Marx posted:

I think you mean careless ammunition, the only one forgeworld weapons can shoot

Very good, very good.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Another quality Ayn Marx post!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Blackshields and Imperial Militia/Cults: post your favorite examples or just any that you're aware off.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JcDent posted:

Blackshields and Imperial Militia/Cults: post your favorite examples or just any that you're aware off.

:siren::siren: paging bulbasaur :siren::siren:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeaaa boii. My IWs are in the process of falling to malal so they're black shields in all but name. I eroded a lot of their iconography to sell the theme:

They're accompanied by 'corpse crows' militia:

Here's stuff I saved that has that renegade feel:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Your poo poo is cool BULBASAUR

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I thought SHINY AND CHROME IWs are cool, but daaamn. Also, those militiamen are just fukken insane.

I usually lol when people say that seeing some well painted poo poo makes the lose any sort of willingness to paint, but those conversions and paints make me feel like a particularly slow child

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Is the Recon Company Rite of War better or worse than playing a destroyer heavy list?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Destroyers are one of the best vanilla units available. Load up on them if you can.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's why they called them Destroyers

The Destroyers of Points

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Is the Recon Company Rite of War better or worse than playing a destroyer heavy list?

Play the Recon Company RoW, then fill the Elite slots with Destroyers.

...loving newbs...

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Recon Company has to be the worst RoW. In exchange for being able to take the (2nd) most overpriced unit in the game you get... Basically nothing?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Recon Company has to be the worst RoW. In exchange for being able to take the (2nd) most overpriced unit in the game you get... Basically nothing?
What about Armored Spearhead? All you get are land raiders as dedicated transports and -1 to Tank Shock tests.

Recon Company isn't good, but it might have some use for legions like Raven Guard or Alpha Legion with easy access to infiltrate. Recon squads are still awful though.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I want to run a league where the only legal options are things like Recon Marines, Destroyers, and Ravagers.

Warhammer 30k: Age of Bad and Mad

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

Warhammer 30k: Age of Bad and Mad
and Rad

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Here is an Iron Hands list I was considering if I decide to go further than a ZM force with them. I think the amount of armor and Lascannons would be good enough to take out other vehicle heavy lists, but I worry about how few ways of dealing with massed infantry it has.

+++ IH Land Raiders (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [2500pts] +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2500pts] ++

+ HQ +
Praetor, Legion [210pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Cyber-familiar, Iron Father, On Foot, Paragon Blade

+ Elites +
Gorgon Terminator Squad [625pts]: Chainfist, 6x Gorgon Terminator, Graviton Gun, 3x Power Fist
. . Gorgon Hammerbearer: Cyber-familiar
. . Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Troops +
Tactical Squad, Legion [340pts]: Land Raider Proteus, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. . Categories: Infantry, Legiones Astartes, Compulsory Troops, Troops
. . Additional Wargear: Bolters, Vexilla, Legion
. . Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Fist

Tactical Squad, Legion [340pts]: Land Raider Proteus, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Flamer [355pts]: Flamer, 9x Space Marines, Legion, Support Squad
. . Land Raider Proteus: Blessed Autosimulacra
. . Sergeant, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Flamer

+ Heavy Support +
Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer [235pts]: Blessed Autosimulacra, Omega Plasma Array

+ Allegiance +
Legion: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist
Rite of War: The Head of the Gorgon

+ Lords of War +
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer, Legion [395pts]: Blessed Autosimulacra

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Aren't those vehicles too large for ZM?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Here is an Iron Hands list I was considering if I decide to go further than a ZM force with them. I think the amount of armor and Lascannons would be good enough to take out other vehicle heavy lists, but I worry about how few ways of dealing with massed infantry it has.

+++ IH Land Raiders (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [2500pts] +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2500pts] ++

+ HQ +
Praetor, Legion [210pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Cyber-familiar, Iron Father, On Foot, Paragon Blade

+ Elites +
Gorgon Terminator Squad [625pts]: Chainfist, 6x Gorgon Terminator, Graviton Gun, 3x Power Fist
. . Gorgon Hammerbearer: Cyber-familiar
. . Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Troops +

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Flamer [355pts]: Flamer, 9x Space Marines, Legion, Support Squad
. . Land Raider Proteus: Blessed Autosimulacra
. . Sergeant, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Flamer

+ Heavy Support +
Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer [235pts]: Blessed Autosimulacra, Omega Plasma Array

+ Allegiance +
Legion: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist
Rite of War: The Head of the Gorgon

+ Lords of War +
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer, Legion [395pts]: Blessed Autosimulacra

Any particular reason you're going with the plasma sicaran and the cerberus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're worried about infantry, I'd drop the plasma sicaran and see about fitting a couple of plasma predators into the list. Hard to argue with 3 blasts each. They're 130 each without sponsons though so you'd have to figure out something for the additional 25 points.