Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!
Yeah I kind of get that. I'm just not sure that anything with huge swathes of water is a good idea, particularly in competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

knees of putty posted:

Yeah I kind of get that. I'm just not sure that anything with huge swathes of water is a good idea, particularly in competition.

If you weren’t invincible in the water, it wouldn’t be that bad.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I like randomness. I like the idea of a wild and crazy circle. I like fog maps that mean I can't use scopes. I like rain that covers the sound of footsteps. I mean, I like these things sometimes the same way I like the other variables sometimes. I'm really surprised to hear the bitching and whining about people wanting every single game to be exactly the same as the last actually resulted in the developers removing features. But I guess when the overwhelming majority wants something...I always feel like the odd one :\

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yeah, but I haven't heard of any plans to change that.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

VulgarandStupid posted:

I thought they fixed this?

They were also supposed to have fixed the 8x bug twice now but lol bluehole

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Those trash bags Everything on Miramar should be ramps.

I've heard some hate for the M249 in here, and I'm wondering why. I used it briefly in a match last night (small circle, both teams got caught out in an area with no cover, bloodbath) and it seems like a good weapon out to 75 meters or so. Easily managed recoil, large magazine, doesn't need many attachments. The only problem I can see is that it can burn through a lot of ammo if you're hosing people down, but that's more of a capability of the gun than a necessity, and having 100 rounds in the gun and therefore not taking up weight helps make up for it. I'd only used it once and hated it, but now it seems like it might be a good companion to a 416 or Mini 14 or M16 if you don't have an 8x.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Wait was the reason they removed weather because of people bitching? I thought it was weird performance reasons.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Strictly bitching. People were abandoning fog/rain maps, so you'd drop with 31 afkers.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

just make toggles. yes i want rain maps. no i don't want desert maps

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The rain covering footsteps was the whole point. Turning up your volume and complaining that guns are too loud is supremely stupid.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Aw man that sucks, the weather made for a nice change of pace

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Wait was the reason they removed weather because of people bitching? I thought it was weird performance reasons.

Half the reason, the other half was that reshade made it so the fog didn't exist.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I've heard some hate for the M249 in here, and I'm wondering why.

No idea, it's really good even at range. m249 and a 4x is real effective

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I've heard some hate for the M249 in here, and I'm wondering why. I used it briefly in a match last night (small circle, both teams got caught out in an area with no cover, bloodbath) and it seems like a good weapon out to 75 meters or so. Easily managed recoil, large magazine, doesn't need many attachments. The only problem I can see is that it can burn through a lot of ammo if you're hosing people down, but that's more of a capability of the gun than a necessity, and having 100 rounds in the gun and therefore not taking up weight helps make up for it. I'd only used it once and hated it, but now it seems like it might be a good companion to a 416 or Mini 14 or M16 if you don't have an 8x.

it's my fave gun.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Salean posted:

No idea, it's really good even at range. m249 and a 4x is real effective

Too much recoil for not much more damage than a M4/SCAR. Makes you run slow, no single fire mode for long range. It does have good bullet velocity, though and a large mag. A mini 14 is more effective at range and more controllable at close range.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Does it really have that much recoil? It seemed like less than an M4 to me, maybe not?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Does it really have that much recoil? It seemed like less than an M4 to me, maybe not?

it has a bipod that deploys if you're prone and drops the recoil significantly

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The 249 recoil really isn't that bad. The lack of attachment hunting is strictly a plus. I'd take it over any non crate AR unless I have a fully kitted m4 maybe.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

it has a bipod that deploys if you're prone and drops the recoil significantly

I was actually standing :shrug:.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

How accurate is the death and match replay stuff for damage given? I depleted someone's health and he still fired off another few rounds that then killed me. Confusing.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Who goes prone?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

credburn posted:

I like randomness. I like the idea of a wild and crazy circle. I like fog maps that mean I can't use scopes. I like rain that covers the sound of footsteps. I mean, I like these things sometimes the same way I like the other variables sometimes. I'm really surprised to hear the bitching and whining about people wanting every single game to be exactly the same as the last actually resulted in the developers removing features. But I guess when the overwhelming majority wants something...I always feel like the odd one :\

I dunno what people mean by 'fog maps that mean I can't use scopes." It made it difficult to spot people, but once you hear gunshots you could scope in on that area and see people's outlines just like looking through smoke, up to like 300 meters.

The reason fog was poo poo was because it rendered differently for different people. I shouldn't be able to just murder someone from 30 meters uphill from them simply because they literally cannot see me while I can see them perfectly. That's real stupid.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Who goes prone?

Tall grass, bushes, Miramar where you have tiny ridges to crawl along, second story in a building to heal.

But yeah, pretty much never

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I once scored a silenced M4 and ghillie suit in mirimar right near the start. Spent like 20 minutes prone. Invisibly.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Here's a new hack for ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfMyPCSU-WM

replay from the other perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvub9WVd9fw

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 24, 2018

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I can't believe how lovely the melee is. It is so bad I can't loving believe it. It stinks! It is total BS!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The m249 is the best gun in the game. It has a semiauto sniper damage profile with 100 round box with M4 recoil and tighter spray pattern. Owns.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The pizza gun is a beast

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

drunken officeparty posted:

The pizza gun is a beast

its actually insane early game when people don't have the armor to tank it.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an unclipped wall, I've found a few that have since been fixed.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

No Safe Word posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an unclipped wall, I've found a few that have since been fixed.

It's this. Try it yourself, the wall after the first stairway allows you to fall into that exact spot.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Yeah, looks like this guy just accidentally discovered a dodgy wall that he could glitch through.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Tall grass, bushes, Miramar where you have tiny ridges to crawl along, second story in a building to heal.

But yeah, pretty much never

You will get double headshot by any competent enemy before you can even stand up.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyLittle posted:

Here's a new hack for ya

its like when you could clip into that nailed shut door in the gas stations and murder people from out of nowhere

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
This was a new one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

Fantastipotamus posted:

This was a new one.

Who won?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Poseidon

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Anyone happen to pick up an Island of Nyne preorder? It seems like an actual good iteration on the battle royale genre.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Well it was fun while it lasted, but the streak is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Communist Q posted:

Anyone happen to pick up an Island of Nyne preorder? It seems like an actual good iteration on the battle royale genre.

It looks like PUBG followed the RGB trend. What would you say makes it any better?