Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Got lucky and one of my gold mods had a speed secondary that procced three times to +18. My BB-8 rolls fast as a motherfucker.

good poo poo, bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Received 6 5-dot gold mods from the Palpatine mythical event. 5 of which had a speed mod already. All were fairly poo poo rolls though, with the highest speed being 4.
Regardless, i felt pretty lucky getting so many speed stats on them already, and felt i was guaranteed to get a couple of great speed mods as a result.
For a split happy second i forgot what kind of game i was playing; 4 of the mods received no further upgrades to speed, 1 of them got a measly additional 3 for a total of 7. Sigh.

At least you're not buying lottery tickets.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I started an alt (well, short story, several, but finally landed on a new-ish arena shard). I'm attempting to test Unmasked Kylo + FO as an early arena team, and could use your help because low level missions suck. Ally code is 189-969-347

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Gonna be very drunk on a boat all next week. Don’t remove me. SA Noodles in game.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Mothergently caress

I've been on 19/20 zeta mats for a week and a half now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
FYI

Malgrin posted:

If you're level 50 or below, read this
There’s a starting exploit in the game now, for about the past year, and a lot of people have caught on. If you’ve just gotten started, or want to start an alt, you should do this, but it’s annoying and takes a month to really even start playing. That said, you’ll reap the benefits for the rest of the game. Also, I’d recommend changing the time zone on your phone so that you have an arena payout that’s useful for you. You get 6PM current, local time wherever you are. This means that if you do it in the winter, you’ll have 6PM in the winter, 7PM in the summer, and if you do it in the summer, it’ll be 6PM in the summer, 5PM in the winter. Yay DST. Figure out a time that works well for you, and pick a timezone based on that. Want arena payouts at lunchtime? Pick 6 hours to the east of you. Want midnight? Pick 6 hours west. Also, if you’re in a heavy populated time zone (EST, CST, PST, London, etc.), I’d highly recommend you shift to a better time zone (Mountain time, the ocean, Alaska, etc.). You’ll have less competition at payout.
Ok, exploit guide.
Step 1: Start 2-4 new heroes.
Step 2: For the first one, level normally up to 24. Join a lowbie guild, participate in raids if possible.
Step 3: Don’t spend energy from this point on, or do anything to gain xp, with one exception: train one hero each day (for the 25 sim tickets — you’ll need these later).. Login 2x per day to claim 90 regular and 45 cantina energy. Do your challenges. Collect free bronziums. From collecting daily energy, you max out at 1999 regular, and 999 cantina energy. This takes 23 days. It’s equivalent to about a 2k crystal bonus. You’ll save up about 600 sim tickets from doing the training quest — as long as this is the only xp generating thing you do, you’ll get really close to level 28 around that same time, make sure you don’t accidentally pop over. Also, those three (25, 26, 27) will take off a few days from the grind because you gain energy from leveling.
Step 4: In the meantime, level your other guys to 27, just login once a day, hit some easy, fast quests, then log off — you’ve got 22 days to do this. This should only take you 2-3 minutes per account per day, and you’ll hit 27 really fast because quests give a lot of xp.
Step 5: Ok, so, you’re now level 27, sitting on 600 sim tickets, 1999 energy, and 999 cantina. You also have other accounts at level 27, the more the better. Jump one — NOT YOUR GOOD ONE — up to level 28. Check your arena ranking. If it’s less than 2k, you’re probably not going to get a better opportunity than right now to jump in. If you’re 3k-5k, consider how patient you want to be. If you can wait another 3-4 days (more challenge gear and daily login rewards…), you can run your alts out one at a time, until you find a brand new shard, or you can jump in and go to work. IMO you’ve put a month of work into this account, you can wait another 4ish days. However, if you’re in that 3k-5k range, you might want to make another alt or two, just to be safe. If you’re over 5k, it’s definitely worth waiting. I’m fairly certain an arena shard holds 20k accounts. Depending on how many people are joining at once, this can take anywhere from a day to 4 days (unless they’re running some kind of huge promotion, expect closer to 4 days). So, about every 24 hours, you want to jump an alt into the game, and see where it is. If, after 24 hours, it’s only jumped 5k (e.g. 5k to 10k), you might want to consider waiting closer to 36 hours. If it’s jumped 10k, then you might want to check back in 8 hours later. Anyways, the more alts you have, the more frequently you can check the current arena rank. Note: If you can get 3-4 buddies to do this with you, it’s easier, because you can take turns checking and do it more frequently, and then all get in on the ground floor of an arena time.
Step 6: Ok, you just got 5th rank on your alt. Immediately jump in with your alt. Depending on the route you take (Phoenix or First Order…see below), you either want to start doing cantina sims right away, or level to 35 (you have enough energy to do this), and then start simming Kylo Ren Unmasked/Matt. By the time you’ve spent all your energy, you should be at least level 40, the same day you started. Also, you just spent all your sim tickets…probably.

Two Paths: Phoenix and First Order
Phoenix:

First Order:
With Kylo Ren (Unmasked) aka Matt in an early Cantina node, this opens up a new starting option. I did a little bit of testing, and it is viable. Overall, this will be a more difficult route than going Phoenix, but it’s fun and has a lot of benefits. You will get Palpatine and Thrawn later in the game, but you’ll unlock BB8 sooner. Also, the First Order are cool and Phoenix are dumb (this is the real reason to do this level guide). Unfortunately, you don’t really get access to many FO dudes early. If you used the exploit above, you will immediately have Matt, and you can start working on Phasma (3 days of GW). Also, GW is really easy because Matt can’t die starting at G6 (with 2000 energy, he’d better be G6 at level 42), unless Kylo Ren (masked) puts heal immunity on him. What I want to suggest you do: Get FOO from Cantina store, Phasma from GW, FOST from hard nodes. What you probably should do: unlock boba from the cantina store so that you can do credit heists, then get FOO. Once you hit late 40s, you can also start working on FOTP, and the crew really starts to shine. With Matt (L), Phasma, FOST, the comp is already pretty solid. I’d recommend a couple DPS to join in there, Boba is a solid choice until you can get FOO and FOTP in there. I also like running Talia early because she’s not terrible, and FOST does not self heal.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Wait, what does this actually accomplish? Being high up in your arena for your alt?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, what does this actually accomplish? Being high up in your arena for your alt?

Yeah, I don't really see it as an exploit. It's barely an advantage unless you can reliable get top 10, and if you aren't planning on whaling you will quickly be overtaken by those who are.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, if you're starting out, and don't do this, you're starting way behind the curve against other people that aren't spending money. It usually takes about 50 levels or so before people really start whaling, and if you've just spent the past 10 levels in top 10 payouts, you'll be able to keep even with them until they've spent a lot of money (because they probably started around 10k and have been climbing up since level 28, while you've been sitting on top).
Also, if you're thinking about starting an alt, you can make an account that you login to twice a day for 5 minutes, and get a huge jump on your shard.

I'm not saying you should do this, I'm saying it's an option worth about $20...and $20 on day one is a lot more like $200 2 weeks later. Getting that initial jump earns you daily crystals which stack up.

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, I don't really see it as an exploit. It's barely an advantage unless you can reliable get top 10, and if you aren't planning on whaling you will quickly be overtaken by those who are.

This is the point. If you follow all the steps, you will make top 10.

e: I think it's easy to gloss over that and go whatever, that's hardly an advantage, but I think a bunch of things are being overlooked. Before I get into that, yeah, I know, not really playing a game for a month to play a game is poo poo, and sucks. However, imagine you had made it to top 10 in your first week of actual playing, instead of what, a year? Never? Think of the difference that would make over 1-2 years. If someone does spend money to catch up to you, fine, but they're going to have to spend a lot.
You get 3,000 xp starting at level 28 (see the xp chart below). Additionally, when you level, you get something like 30 cantina and 60 regular energy. Plus, you can have all your quests ready to go, which is another 1k xp? A lot of people use their quests to hit levels at that point, so there's a decent chance your opponents are behind you by that xp too. It's 4550 cumulative xp to get from 28 to 38. With 3000 energy, plus ~90/level (maybe more, don't remember), plus quests, you're at least getting that far. So, now you're 10 levels up on them, and your arena team has a pretty good GL advantage (because you just spent 2700 regular energy on mostly gear, and you have a months' worth of challenge gear saved up -- which is important in those early GLs).
For someone spending money to catch up with you, they would have to do 25 refreshes in a single day, which I don't think you can do. I think it's 50, 50, 50, 100, 100, 200, 200, 400, 400, 800, 800 for regular and then 100, 100, 100, 200, 200, 400, 400, 800, 800, 1600, 1600. That's 22 refreshes. There might not be that many, it might stop at 400/800. Anyways, you're looking at like 4.5k crystals to catch up with you stopping at 400/800 per refresh, plus another 500-700 the second day. That's just to keep up with you on xp.
Additionally, you get about 200ish crystals from daily logins during that time (if you start at the start of the month -- if you start mid-month and have to restart your dailies it's lame). This will let you do double arena refreshes for a couple days until you are on top. You also get a free hero for whatever the daily is...and Sith Assassin is not bad. You can also participate in any marquees and unlock those heroes as well.
Also, you know how you're always low on purple mats and credits? Well, you'll still be low, but I think you unlock the second tier of those challenges around level 25, which means you get to save up some purple mats and credits. It's like, 500k credits, and probably 9 purple mats a week. I know, that's not insane or anything, but all these little gains add up to actually give you a chance against whales.

xp chart:

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 19, 2018

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
Is there space in any of the goon guilds? I’m kinda tired of running around pubbie guilds with zero coordination. tia

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

SandersPacheco posted:

Is there space in any of the goon guilds? I’m kinda tired of running around pubbie guilds with zero coordination. tia

Put your name in the recruitment channel in discord

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Here is an information dump on ships I found useful from Reddit:

quote:

For anyone who’s interested, here’s some info on whether or not Zetas increase ship speed:

Only need 1 Zeta on Tarkin to get max speed
Only need 1 Zeta on Vader to get max speed
Don’t need a Zeta on Death Trooper to get max speed (also assuming Shoretrooper is fully maxed)
Do need FOTP’s Zeta to get max speed
Don’t need a Zeta on Maul to get max speed
Don’t need a Zeta on Fives to get max speed
KRU gives +1 speed for each of his Zetas, so you’d need both to get max speed
Thrawn needs both Zetas to get max speed (getting just one will make no difference, need both to get that last +1 speed)
Boba needs his Zeta to get max speed
This is assuming gear is maxed at G12 + all 3 G12 gear pieces, all other abilities are maxed to Omega level, level is 85, stars on both ship and Pilot are at 7* and the Pilot has a full set of lv15 5-dot mods

Lastly, the difference is about +1 speed for those ships that need the Zeta to reach max. So if non-Zeta Slave 1 has 150 speed, the Zeta will bring it up to 151

The only thing that stood out was that I thought a dev previously confirmed that you get +1 speed on Vader's ship for each zeta but it's possible I misread that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7z44oa/the_one_zeta_post_to_top_them_all/

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have Veteran Han at 6*, Vet Chewie at 5* and Death Trooper at 4* and am a bit torn on what to spend my cantina energy on.

I have Shoretrooper at 6* and have unlocked the Tie Reaper and am funneling my resources into Fleet Arena (getting a spot in top 5 most days, even a few higher spots as well) so Death Trooper is a logical choice however i don't want to miss out on Jedi Training Ray on her next appearance.

Is she part of the 4-month cycle for legendary events or is she part of a "Hero Journey" and it might take longer?

EDIT: I should mention that i am currently NOT using the reaper in my fleet, since its power is far below my 8 top ships. I would like to use it though, since everyone claims it is so good and my bench is pretty lackluster (kylo, 2x phoenix)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 23, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The latter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
JTR won't be back until may at the earliest

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I was in the process of switching over to a JTR arena squad. Just need to put Zetas on BB8 and JTR. Are they still going to be good? Or is the new sith/empire updates going to be the new meta?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I was in the process of switching over to a JTR arena squad. Just need to put Zetas on BB8 and JTR. Are they still going to be good? Or is the new sith/empire updates going to be the new meta?

EP is the new meta. JTR is very good, but she's fading out.

If they ever release old-man Luke, he might play into her strengths a bit, but that remains to be seen.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

UmOk posted:

Yes and yes. JTR/bb8 are still worth investing in, but zEP is the new meta. There may be a pseudo rock paper scissors thing going on where zep beats NS, NS beats JTR, and JTR is like 50/50 against either team.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Stop sniping my banners, ya jerks :argh:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

If they ever release old-man Luke, he might play into her strengths a bit, but that remains to be seen.

Who should be run with Palpie? I'm really hoping for a EP(L), Thrawn, Vader, Shore, DT, arena team. Or if I'm really being silly, replace Vader with Krennic, just so the guy finally gets his face time with the emperor.

edit: and my dumb rear end just blew a zeta on CLS' leader.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 23, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Who should be run with Palpie? I'm really hoping for a EP(L), Thrawn, Vader, Shore, DT, arena team. Or if I'm really being silly, replace Vader with Krennic, just so the guy finally gets his face time with the emperor.

edit: and my dumb rear end just blew a zeta on CLS' leader.

CLS is a GREAT TW defensive team, so it's not a waste.

The zEP core is EP, DV, DN
The flex is SithT/GK/Thrawn/Shore pick 2.

Other Imperials and sith will work to varying degrees, but those are your prime picks.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chilichimp posted:

CLS is a GREAT TW defensive team, so it's not a waste.

The zEP core is EP, DV, DN
The flex is SithT/GK/Thrawn/Shore pick 2.

Other Imperials and sith will work to varying degrees, but those are your prime picks.

There's a few people in my shard running Tarkin as one of their flex choices with good success as well. It seems like GK/Thrawn are the best two so far though, at least in my experience.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cidrick posted:

There's a few people in my shard running Tarkin as one of their flex choices with good success as well. It seems like GK/Thrawn are the best two so far though, at least in my experience.

GK/Thrawn with the right mods is a force, for sure.

SithT and GK is the goon-approved mega comp, but only 1-2 of us have the toons we need to run it.

Shore is a flex when fighting nightsisters.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I'm top-50 and battling for top-20 every day on a launch-era shard, even though I have a 5*g11 Holdo. She's a great piece to a JTReysistance team, now if only I could get her starred up!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

I'm top-50 and battling for top-20 every day on a launch-era shard, even though I have a 5*g11 Holdo. She's a great piece to a JTReysistance team, now if only I could get her starred up!

I know a guy who bought holdo to 7*, G12 and she does very little to address the weaknesses of the JTR team.

The comps that deal with Rey are the ones that exploit her strengths, like automatic dispelling, high crit chance, and taking lots of turns.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I know a guy who bought holdo to 7*, G12 and she does very little to address the weaknesses of the JTR team.

The comps that deal with Rey are the ones that exploit her strengths, like automatic dispelling, high crit chance, and taking lots of turns.

Eh, I figure I'll never compete for top ten on this shard, so I'm okay running a team that's fun to watch.

Now I'm torn whether to zeta EP or JTRey next. I don't even think JTR needs it in the arena since she's not the weak link. Maybe I'll go back to my Empire/Sith team + GK @ gear 12.5, now that I have DN maxed. SithTrooper needs a few shards and gear though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Eh, I figure I'll never compete for top ten on this shard, so I'm okay running a team that's fun to watch.

Now I'm torn whether to zeta EP or JTRey next. I don't even think JTR needs it in the arena since she's not the weak link. Maybe I'll go back to my Empire/Sith team + GK @ gear 12.5, now that I have DN maxed. SithTrooper needs a few shards and gear though.

JTR needs her leader zeta and insight to be deec. I didn't bother with the self-dispell zeta since I run her with an r2z2 anyway. BB8's zeta is absolutely necessary.

Aside from the JTR/BB8/R2D2 core, GK + thrawn/rhan does pretty well. I run double kenobi with mine and swap out one for thrawn when fighting 2-tank set-ups or nightsisters.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh yeah I definitely had to zeta JTR's leader and BB-8's counter-assist. zzR2 just makes that team filthy, but my secret jewel is g12 zScavenger because you absolutely must kill her ASAP or she'll detonate your tank in two turns.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Oh yeah I definitely had to zeta JTR's leader and BB-8's counter-assist. zzR2 just makes that team filthy, but my secret jewel is g12 zScavenger because you absolutely must kill her ASAP or she'll detonate your tank in two turns.

Yeah she's a good 5th.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My overriding problem in any matchup with my NS is dealing with GK in a timely fashion so that I can focus down the others/keep CC applied from Daka. I need to do something to LOWER my team's crit rating so they don't trigger GK so much.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

My overriding problem in any matchup with my NS is dealing with GK in a timely fashion so that I can focus down the others/keep CC applied from Daka. I need to do something to LOWER my team's crit rating so they don't trigger GK so much.

Sounds like what you need is Mother Talzins unique zeta'd.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Sounds like what you need is Mother Talzins unique zeta'd.

I do. I'm squaring off against mostly Jrey/BB8/R2/GK/CLS teams, and if MT gets her special off and avoids getting picked off by Luke, the sheer number of turns they take ensures that plague does its job. However if she gets geeked early, it's curtains.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got wrecked in GW by a Nightsister team on the first node that was 25k less power than the team I was running. It was really annoying, Daka would just not die.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
My CLS led team is now squarely in top 100 instead of top 50. I'm working on mods now to see about improving them; getting four speed mods on all of them with speed secondaries.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
On the Zpalp squad which Zetas are necessary other than Palps?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
None, really, though nihilus’ unique is quite good.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

On the Zpalp squad which Zetas are necessary other than Palps?

In order of importance:

Palp Zeta Lead >>> DN Unique >>> Palp Unique >>> Vader Unique

Personally, I’d call the first two mandatory as you approach the top end. The DN Unique is how you short circuit getting ™ locked against stuff like resistance squads or mirror matches. Palp Unique makes him a lot less squishy, which helps, but isn’t required if your mods are good enough to establish control of the fight immediately with a fast enough vader. Vader Unique is handy, but ultimately, the opponents that will give you trouble are not the ones that Vader’s Unique helps against.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What's the deal with Sith Assassin? Any use at the moment?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

What's the deal with Sith Assassin? Any use at the moment?

If you have zmaul, she’s an incredible accelerator and makes the team dynamite in TW’s.

If you don’t, she’s still okay with Sith in TB/TW, or in a Nute stealth gimmick squad for TW Offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Sith Marauder won't probably be back until the next big update, but was it worth a drat?