Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

City of Glompton

hello byob I'm at monster jam and I'm in the next to front row I'm excited I hope a truck doesn't land on us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I've got a pressure cooker now. I kinda wanna try traditional chili con carne, but I don't know where to get good dried chilies in my hick rear end Canadian mountain town.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

City of Glompton posted:

hello byob I'm at monster jam and I'm in the next to front row I'm excited I hope a truck doesn't land on us

OTOH, how MONSTER would that be!?

beer pal

close up of kid about to catch a home run hit except you zoom out and hes at the monster trucks and its a truck not a baseball

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I've got a pressure cooker now. I kinda wanna try traditional chili con carne, but I don't know where to get good dried chilies in my hick rear end Canadian mountain town.

My dude, allow me to introduce you to the money suck of a lifetime: https://thespicetrader.ca/collections/herbs-spices/products/ancho-chili

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

City of Glompton posted:

hope you don't get turned to monster jelly!

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

beer pal

hamjobs posted:

My dude, allow me to introduce you to the money suck of a lifetime: https://thespicetrader.ca/collections/herbs-spices/products/ancho-chili

anarcho-chili

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Today's tall chicken adventure: they need gnomes to keep them company. Glitter gnomes. So I'm going to, after everyone has gone off to do things, spray paint these weird hosed up gnomes I found in an alley and place them in the front yard. With disco lights.

You see, my village is being sued by the ACLU because someone had a rainbow flag and a political sign in their yard. And the village, being a village run by certain types of people, said that's bad and you can't do that and write the nice people many thousands of dollars of tickets. And then the ACLU said WELL ACTUALLY. So, I'm helping. By classing up the village. With five rainbow flag, tall chickens, glitter gnomes and disco lights.

Suck it, village.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

beer pal posted:

anarcho-chili

It's true

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs posted:

Today's tall chicken adventure: they need gnomes to keep them company. Glitter gnomes. So I'm going to, after everyone has gone off to do things, spray paint these weird hosed up gnomes I found in an alley and place them in the front yard. With disco lights.

You see, my village is being sued by the ACLU because someone had a rainbow flag and a political sign in their yard. And the village, being a village run by certain types of people, said that's bad and you can't do that and write the nice people many thousands of dollars of tickets. And then the ACLU said WELL ACTUALLY. So, I'm helping. By classing up the village. With five rainbow flag, tall chickens, glitter gnomes and disco lights.

Suck it, village.

That is an exciting story. I appreciate your civil disobedience.

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!

hamjobs posted:

Suck it, village.

Fight fight, the chill good fight!
Rah rah sis boom bah.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chillest fight ever, because the villagers are cool as gently caress. It's just the WPIC.

Manifisto

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I WANT MY PICTURE BACK

try to think, where did you see it last?

ty nesamdoom!

420 SWAGLORD

saban bajramovic

City of Glompton posted:

I wish I was at monster jam. Post pix pls

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Monstar Jam

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

take the moon

by sebmojo
i put Monster Jam on my Monster Toast

sb hermit

hamjobs posted:

Suck it, village.

:yeah:

Macnult

hope everyone in byob is having a great day im about to get some a pizza

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Macnult posted:

hope everyone in byob is having a great day im about to get some a pizza

That sounds rad. I hope it is the taste. That reminds me, I should post my burg in the burg thread.

Robot Made of Meat

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Cookers of pressure are amazing and they can make foods nonpariel.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

I recently got a pressure cooker from thrifth store amd I'm excited about how you can cook dry beans in under an hour

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

I recently got a pressure cooker from thrifth store amd I'm excited about how you can cook dry beans in under an hour

wet beans cook even faster.

Caganer
I fuckin love gifs

-

Starman Super DX

what are the benefits to cooking with pressure? 🤔

Tell me more!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Starman Super DX posted:

Speed. You can do potatoes in like 5 minutes. I made carnitas is under an hour from searing to crisping. There's nothing you can't do with a pressure cooker you can't do with something else and more time.

alnilam

Starman Super DX posted:

not much, what are the benefits to cooking with pressure with you?¿?

Robot Made of Meat

Starman Super DX posted:

Pressure allows the water to superheat, so that the tenperature gets much higher than normal sea level pressure water. This is especially important in summer. Also, the juices are kept inside, so pressure cooking is less smelly.

In summer, you can cook things you'd normally only do in the oven in winter.

Here's a wonderfully goofy old short-subject which, although it's a sales pitch, really is very factual and helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZavYMVXYam8

Robot Made of Meat

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Speed. You can do potatoes in like 5 minutes. I made carnitas is under an hour from searing to crisping. There's nothing you can't do with a pressure cooker you can't do with something else and more time.

More time AND more energy!

Robot Made of Meat

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Pressure allows the water to superheat, so that the tenperature gets much higher than normal sea level pressure water. This is especially important in summer. Also, the juices are kept inside, so pressure cooking is less smelly.

In summer, you can cook things you'd normally only do in the oven in winter.

Here's a wonderfully goofy old short-subject which, although it's a sales pitch, really is very factual and helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZavYMVXYam8

This 24 minute video will save you several times that the first time you cook with pressure!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This 24 minute video will save you several times that the first time you cook with pressure!

We have a digital one, it's pretty neat, but also pretty overrated.

Starman Super DX

interesting :chef:

I enjoy relatively unique kitchen appliances and different cooking methods although currently we are at capacity for stuff and need to wait to get our own place before filling it with pressure cookers, espresso machines, etc

I’ll have to watch that video when I get home tho

Tell me more!

Robot Made of Meat

Starman Super DX posted:

interesting :chef:

I enjoy relatively unique kitchen appliances and different cooking methods although currently we are at capacity for stuff and need to wait to get our own place before filling it with pressure cookers, espresso machines, etc

I’ll have to watch that video when I get home tho

Please do watch and enjoy. It's a fun piece of history, and it's still relevant.

But, as with anything you can buy, a pressure cooker or a sous vide device is useless if you don't use it. And if it doesn't fit your style, you won't. I love my pressure cooker and my sous vide thingy but YMMV.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Today our dishwasher finally gave up the ghost, after months of having to be Fonzed to get it to start a cycle. We considered getting it fixed, but a repair person charges like $200 to show up, and then parts, and a new dishwasher with warranty and junk costs $300, so we're part of disposable culture now. Buying a dishwasher sucks too though.

This has been the story of a ruined weekend day.

(Edit: also tried opening it up ourselves for fixing, but all the switches we could find were activating properly, so meh.)

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
:rip: dishwasher
it never scored

mod it to play Doom

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Starman Super DX

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:rip: dishwasher
it never scored

mod it to play Doom

:rip: your dishwasher
It had never once scored
mod it to play doom.

Tell me more!

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
I used to turn dishwashers into food dehydrators.

Starman Super DX

:beerpal:

My Saturday night is going much better now that I'm off work!

I forgot how awesome Detective Conan was. After all with just a keen eye for details only one truth prevails ;)

Tell me more!

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Starman Super DX posted:

:rip: your dishwasher
It had never once scored
mod it to play doom.

Almost a haiku. So close.

Starman Super DX

UWBW posted:

Almost a haiku. So close.

W-what? But scored is two syllables :(

Tell me more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

beer pal posted:

close up of kid about to catch a home run hit except you zoom out and hes at the monster trucks and its a truck not a baseball

lol