Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Holy poo poo it's happening, it's actually loving happening.

I started reading the series right around the time Rickert set off for Falconia. Since then I've gone through 2 jobs and pretty much all of my college education. I honestly was not expecting this to happen until I was an old loving man.

I got into the series in the 90's, I was just getting into anime in general and was reading through Stardust Crusaders when my Brother in Law jokingly suggested I watch berserk. So I did. Then I read it and I've been a fan since. :shepface: I'm still surprised they got off the boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm going to laugh so hard if this whole ritual turns out to be a dud

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I started reading Berserk back when volume 28 was released in Japan and the English volumes were just starting to come out. So I've been waiting about 12 years for this.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Oh my god oh my god oh my god :stare:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I want Casca to either be an all-out combat powerhouse or just stay safe on fairy island away from all of Guts and Griffith's blood feud that will surely end up with both of them dead. Guts can make a baby with her before he takes off, there's your happy ending epilogue to this super dark manga.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

NowonSA posted:

Guts can make a baby with her before he takes off, there's your happy ending epilogue to this super dark manga.

They already did that! :shepface:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Mordja posted:

Thanks for all your work, Mune! Been avoiding scans and bad TLs otherwise.

I always want to avoid the speedscans but twice now someone's linked to them, I've looked at the first page, thought "good god what happened to evilgenius" and then realized it was just the speedscan.

Man, the difference in translation is... extremely noticeable. Almost like lordmune knows what they're doing :laugh:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Holy poo poo it's happening, it's actually loving happening.

New thread title please.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I feel like I’m watching art history unfolding. Like the Mona Lisa was being teased for 25 years and now I know it comes out next month.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I always want to avoid the speedscans but twice now someone's linked to them, I've looked at the first page, thought "good god what happened to evilgenius" and then realized it was just the speedscan.

Man, the difference in translation is... extremely noticeable. Almost like lordmune knows what they're doing :laugh:

Remember the old Band of the Hawk translations that kep Guts as Gattsu?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Remember the old Band of the Hawk translations that kep Guts as Gattsu?

Gattsu and Griffisu translations have burned themselves into my psyche, to the point that I almost feel weird when I read the legit early chapters every now and again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Berserk: Casca, its time to wake up.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Casca coming back just to end up staying on the island away from the main plot would be the lamest payoff ever. Might as well not even bother writing her back into the story at that point.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I really, really hope this all ends with Casca cleaving Griffith in half.

Like that panel where Rickert slaps Griffith, but with a big sword.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I really hope Casca stays with the group for at least a little while. I want to see her interactions with the rest of the group

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Only posting so I can find the funny gif I posted from the anime.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Only posting so I can find the funny gif I posted from the anime.

Thanks

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unit24 posted:

Casca coming back just to end up staying on the island away from the main plot would be the lamest payoff ever. Might as well not even bother writing her back into the story at that point.

after all that foreshadowing about how caska didn't want to be awake again it was never going to end happily

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Casca quits Guts to be with Farnese.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
/a/ thinks that awakened casca will bring all the demons to elfheim but thats just a bit too dark and i think she'll probably stay or for a long shot want to go back to griffith and slap guts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

after all that foreshadowing about how caska didn't want to be awake again it was never going to end happily

Eh that more just gives her an arc.

Which could be handled fine or very, very poorly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

/a/ thinks that awakened casca will bring all the demons to elfheim but thats just a bit too dark and i think she'll probably stay or for a long shot want to go back to griffith and slap guts

that's silly. the brand is there regardless of caska's mental state.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

If Casca defects to Griffith it had better be impeccably written because it just makes no sense to me

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

drjuggalo posted:

The demons showing up won't be because she brought them

And I could be wrong but everything about Griffith's appearance in her mind tells me she is not fond of him now

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

U-DO Burger posted:

If Casca defects to Griffith it had better be impeccably written because it just makes no sense to me

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't see how she even could right now. griffith is on the other side of the ocean, warming a throne. it's not like casca has a direct line to communicate with him.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Magic world-tree portals exist now.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

surely the elves have a warp whistle tucked away somewhere

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So taken into the effect how Time flows differently on Elf island, you think Murata gonna do like a timeskip? :v:

Granted, they never specified how much it does but they did make it sound urgent that they get Casca healed quick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ccs posted:

Magic world-tree portals exist now.

yeah, but casca doesn't have access to them. unless griffith pops in to take her away casca's choices are to stay with the elves, gently caress off on her own, or stick with guts. oh, or kill herself, but after everything that happened i think that might be a little too dark even for berserk.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shindragon posted:

So taken into the effect how Time flows differently on Elf island, you think Murata gonna do like a timeskip? :v:

Granted, they never specified how much it does but they did make it sound urgent that they get Casca healed quick.

Flash forward to a 45 year old Rickert who's been fighting against Griffith for decades.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think the urgency displayed in this chapter was due to the invincible giant demon hawk attacking them.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Flash forward to a 45 year old Rickert who's been fighting against Griffith for decades.

If Berserk shifted to Rickert's perspective I would be more than OK with this.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Rickert has accomplished far more in the main quest than Guts ever has just swinging a big sword around.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bug Squash posted:

Rickert has accomplished far more in the main quest than Guts ever has just swinging a big sword around.

it's a lot easier to accomplish things when you don't have a magical beacon on your neck that makes the entire world try to kill you constantly

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I legit dont think I could keep reading if they made Casca go back to ger rapist. That would be too hosed even for Berserk

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I will venture a guess that at least short term, Casca will stay with the group (she's honestly too integral/central of a character for our main POV to move on from her) but she and Guts will be super distant if not somewhat antagonistic.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Big Boss Rickert.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

snickothemule posted:

Holy whaaaaaaaaaat! It's happening!

:unsmith:

Tiny caska waving bye-bye is too cute for this manga :3:

I think she'll stick around, but won't have a great rapport with Guts for a long time.
Gotta reread the earlier chapters though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It'd be great if getting Casca back makes Guts decide to give up on revenge and just live a quiet life with her in Elfhelm, but Casca's too pissed at everything to agree to that and decides to go on her own rampage of revenge