Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Potato Salad posted:

We talking about "religious freedom" now?

PA SC declared the PA GOP drawn congressional districts unconstitutional and now the PA GOP wants to abolish the judiciary, more or less.

you know, the usual.

e: their literal argument being it's unconstitutional for the court to impose a map after the court ordered them to draw a new map that isn't unconstitutional. and they didn't.

edit edit: it's probably not a coincidence that this sounds a lot like their usual "what about my right to take away rights" shtick, yes.

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The redrawn districts still slightly benefit the GOP, but they do flip 4-5 districts to Dem. This is directly the GOP's fault of course, for being way the gently caress too greedy when the court allowed them to redraw the districts themselves.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

I thought I had seen it all. This has to be a parody, right?

I can't even see it being a parody it's so incomprehensible...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Johnny Walker posted:

At least there's a cool new character for kids to relate to. I think I'll call him "Meowser."

Sounds better than the last cool cat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

endlessmonotony posted:

I thought I had seen it all. This has to be a parody, right?

I can't even see it being a parody it's so incomprehensible...
If it's a parody it still has the same basic message as a bunch of other cartoons and tweets and stuff that go "God isn't allowed in schools so that's why there's shootings".

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Trazz posted:

I wonder what's going to happen when George Soros kicks the bucket and people are still unhappy with conservatives

pft, you think that Soros's death was real! loving normie cuck!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sounds better than the last cool cat.

that guy's still around? and not in jail? :catstare:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Samurai Sanders posted:

If it's a parody it still has the same basic message as a bunch of other cartoons and tweets and stuff that go "God isn't allowed in schools so that's why there's shootings".

Yeah, but it also paints their God as a petty, bloodthirsty monster who will utterly ruin you for the smallest slight committed by someone tangentially related to you and is an unbalanced fuckhead we'd be better off without.

Granted, both the things the GOP do when talking about God and half of the old testament supports that view, but still.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

endlessmonotony posted:

Yeah, but it also paints their God as a petty, bloodthirsty monster who will utterly ruin you for the smallest slight committed by someone tangentially related to you and is an unbalanced fuckhead we'd be better off without.

Granted, both the things the GOP do when talking about God and half of the old testament supports that view, but still.
I dunno; I see it pretty much the same either way: it’s not like humans can actually keep a supreme being from doing what he wants, so God staying out of schools and watching kids get killed is God saying “you don’t want to worship me absolutely everywhere all the time? Then gently caress all y’all and your kids too”

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Trazz posted:

I wonder what's going to happen when George Soros kicks the bucket and people are still unhappy with conservatives

There's a Chappaquiddick movie coming out this year. The right wing noise machine never lets go.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Polygynous posted:

PA SC declared the PA GOP drawn congressional districts unconstitutional and now the PA GOP wants to abolish the judiciary, more or less.

you know, the usual.

e: their literal argument being it's unconstitutional for the court to impose a map after the court ordered them to draw a new map that isn't unconstitutional. and they didn't.

edit edit: it's probably not a coincidence that this sounds a lot like their usual "what about my right to take away rights" shtick, yes.

By law it's the legislature that draws the maps so their argument is that the judiciary and governor overstepped by enforcing a significantly fairer map.

In a way they have a legal standing there but it's hard to reconcile it with the other clauses that the state court said the GOP violated. Their argument is that the whole decision should be thrown out because the court has no right to decide the maps. Of course they're ignoring that the next map they submitted to unfuck the first one was just as gerrymandered just slightly less ugly. It's typical GOP weaponization of procedure; I get the feeling that their plan was to just keep submitting bullshit maps until the end of time so that they could clog up the works and ensure their bullshit map stayed forever.

The state SC was having loving none of that and said "you will not affect the primaries with your shenanigans." They pointed to the state constitution and enumerated exactly what clause the GOP was willfully violating. Of course the new map is going to end up flipping a lot of seats to Democrat and they're whining about it. The SC vote, to the surprise of literally nobody, was also split among party lines so they're of course trotting out the "activist judges legislating from the bench" bullshit that they like. So they're arguing that because the Democrat-dominated state SC violated the state constitution by drawing the map themselves they should all be impeached. Given that the state's legislature is majority Republican right now take a wild guess why they'd just love it if they could fill it with their own candidates or just burn it down so the current bullshit map could stand.

Needless to say they're playing the persecuted Republican majority defending themselves against liberal tyranny card. The decision does in fact force them to cede seats in the House so they're saying it's unfair. Ignoring of course the fact that PA has a slight Democrat majority but our reps are 13R/5D.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trazz posted:

There are people who still believe that Elvis, Tupac and Kurt Cobain are all still alive.
What makes you think they'll believe Soros died?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Polygynous posted:

that guy's still around? and not in jail? :catstare:

Deets. I need them.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

ToxicSlurpee posted:

By law it's the legislature that draws the maps so their argument is that the judiciary and governor overstepped by enforcing a significantly fairer map.

In a way they have a legal standing there but it's hard to reconcile it with the other clauses that the state court said the GOP violated. Their argument is that the whole decision should be thrown out because the court has no right to decide the maps. Of course they're ignoring that the next map they submitted to unfuck the first one was just as gerrymandered just slightly less ugly. It's typical GOP weaponization of procedure; I get the feeling that their plan was to just keep submitting bullshit maps until the end of time so that they could clog up the works and ensure their bullshit map stayed forever.

The state SC was having loving none of that and said "you will not affect the primaries with your shenanigans." They pointed to the state constitution and enumerated exactly what clause the GOP was willfully violating. Of course the new map is going to end up flipping a lot of seats to Democrat and they're whining about it. The SC vote, to the surprise of literally nobody, was also split among party lines so they're of course trotting out the "activist judges legislating from the bench" bullshit that they like. So they're arguing that because the Democrat-dominated state SC violated the state constitution by drawing the map themselves they should all be impeached. Given that the state's legislature is majority Republican right now take a wild guess why they'd just love it if they could fill it with their own candidates or just burn it down so the current bullshit map could stand.

Needless to say they're playing the persecuted Republican majority defending themselves against liberal tyranny card. The decision does in fact force them to cede seats in the House so they're saying it's unfair. Ignoring of course the fact that PA has a slight Democrat majority but our reps are 13R/5D.

The really crazy thing is that the map created by the court appointed special master appears to have a 10 R/ 8 D result, and emphasis partisan competitiveness. If you draw a "fair" map that didn't prioritize partisan competition (which generally isn't seen a necessity for fairness) you could easily create a 11/7 or 12/6 map. PA has democrats heavily concentrated in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, and smaller towns that vote D are too small to make up a district that reliably offsets the surrounding rural voters.

But the courts didn't tell the special master to make the districts competitive, and the special master didn't say he did that, because lawyers know when to shut up and do the needful.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Regalingualius posted:

Deets. I need them.

some lunatic that makes educational videos for kids.

of questionable competence.

in a fursuit.

infamously ridiculed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C67thOEtVNQ

(only roughly half joking about expecting him to be in jail.)

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

All 4 people in this comic look insufferable, just in different ways.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Clever Spambot posted:

All 4 people in this comic look insufferable, just in different ways.

But enough about Zelda :v:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Master of the form right here. :stare:

otoh I'm hoping that other artist is still in high school, wow.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Polygynous posted:

Master of the form right here. :stare:

otoh I'm hoping that other artist is still in high school, wow.

I’m hoping they’re in elementary school. That cartoon should be on mommy’s fridge.

Maslovo
Oct 12, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
When Tom Petty died, he ascended to Uncle Samdom.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The kid who killed 17 former high school classmates in Parkland, Florida had a tough time getting the cops’ attention. Reports say there were many red flags. A tipster told the FBI in January, “I know he’s going to explode.”

Four cops seemed to miss the red flag of gunfire as they stood outside while kids were being shot inside.

National Review’s David French says, The Parkland shooter did everything but call police and tell them the date and time of his attack. It would have been difficult for him to make his intentions more clear.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tinsley's an incel roflmao

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I really don't understand what people think the FBI should have done in this case. Did he actually commit any crimes? Unless you can prove criminal intent, someone being a psychopath isn't in and of itself a crime.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Elysiume posted:

I really don't understand what people think the FBI should have done in this case. Did he actually commit any crimes? Unless you can prove criminal intent, someone being a psychopath isn't in and of itself a crime.

No you see in this one case it would have been totally cool to detail a Trump supporter

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

This fruit was hanging so low it smacked me in the face.

gently caress you for writing your captions by hand rather than using a font, Tinsley.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

This fruit was hanging so low it smacked me in the face.

Hit me in the balls.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Has it been two weeks since the shooting in Florida?
Just wondering if Tinsley is going for casual sexism, or if he's going for a dig at the Never again students like Emma Gonzalez.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Not work safe: https://imgur.com/oVENqWL

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Oh, he finally got his skul-gun.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Awesome. Thank you.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

the_steve posted:

Has it been two weeks since the shooting in Florida?
Just wondering if Tinsley is going for casual sexism, or if he's going for a dig at the Never again students like Emma Gonzalez.

Two weeks this Wednesday.

This is just shameful "but I'm a NICE GUY! :qq:" stuff.

OAquinas posted:

Oh, he finally got his skul-gun.

Just in time to shuffle off to za junk pile.

Friggin' nano-augs...

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Elysiume posted:

what if, just spitballing here, what if america isn't authoritarian enough?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
drat I was hoping someone on the bus would say "holy poo poo is that a Xena costume from the pilot episode?"

How popular is that show in Sweden anyway?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

So, anyone wants to see the Israeli right's take on Ben Garrison? No? Too bad.
https://www.facebook.com/mtznakash/

(What, did you think I meant an actual cartoonist? Also, you don't need a translation, you know exactly what they all say)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
...fucky?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

drat I was hoping someone on the bus would say "holy poo poo is that a Xena costume from the pilot episode?"

How popular is that show in Sweden anyway?

Fun Fact: Some dipshits in Norway actually started a campaign against Xena because they thought the show was too violent and actually succeeded in having it banned from tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Polygynous posted:

some lunatic that makes educational videos for kids.

of questionable competence.

in a fursuit.

infamously ridiculed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C67thOEtVNQ

(only roughly half joking about expecting him to be in jail.)

drat, I figured it was only some troll Twitter account, but this is much much better, thanks!