Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Should I bother with trying 1 at this point or just get 2?

It's really good and isn't going to be outright obsoleted by 2 unless something changes, but I'd only get it if you have a group of 4 because the public population will probably move on along with people in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Coolguye posted:

trueflight directly kills the majority of an oncoming horde with 0 risk

like they literally cant hit you, smart has nothing to do with it

And captain knocks them all down so there's 0 risk.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
knocked down is still some risk

DEAD is no risk

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That power doesn't knock down many of the enemies in a wave unless you're already 100% surrounded by all of them, and it doesn't knock them down for long enough to kill them all

I'm not really concerned about the balance of any individual career vs another right now as the game's not out yet, but their existence is another matter

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

honestly, i'm pretty confident that fatshark can iron out a lot of the stuff as the game goes along. vermintide 1 sure as gently caress wasn't perfect when starting out.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Digirat posted:

It's really good and isn't going to be outright obsoleted by 2 unless something changes, but I'd only get it if you have a group of 4 because the public population will probably move on along with people in this thread

1 is gonna be pretty obsolete.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

VT1 will always have one thing over the sequel.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This line had better make it into 2. :colbert:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Is there a reason they shout "These stairs go up!" every time they see some? That's how stairs work, we all get it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

by what metric

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Digirat posted:

by what metric

A newer prettier better version of it comes out next week

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Fans posted:

Is there a reason they shout "These stairs go up!" every time they see some? That's how stairs work, we all get it.

sometimes they go down

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

A newer prettier better version of it comes out next week

1'll still be worth playing for its maps, imo; since it's not like they're gonna get ported into 2

at least the dwarf dlc; those three were top-tier

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

dmboogie posted:

1'll still be worth playing for its maps, imo; since it's not like they're gonna get ported into 2

at least the dwarf dlc; those three were top-tier

It's a loot progression game, the idea of a new player downloading Vermintide 1 to "experience the maps" on normal difficulty with a crappy white geared character is really dumb

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's a loot progression game, the idea of a new player downloading Vermintide 1 to "experience the maps" on normal difficulty with a crappy white geared character is really dumb

eh

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

love too experience maps with 3 bots while using white gear

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

:laffo: no it isn’t

we aren’t in the discord playing it for literally hundreds of hours after we’ve gotten oranges of every weapon because there’s some number we’re watching go up

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Digirat posted:

:laffo: no it isn’t

we aren’t in the discord playing it for literally hundreds of hours after we’ve gotten oranges of every weapon because there’s some number we’re watching go up

Ok, well for people without brain problems it's a loot progression game :shrug:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is really weird that people in here are talking about the possibility of some sexual relation between characters pointed out in the dialog and not how bardin is an anti-semite.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

jesus christ

hitting rats is fun, dude

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Digirat posted:

That power doesn't knock down many of the enemies in a wave unless you're already 100% surrounded by all of them, and it doesn't knock them down for long enough to kill them all

I'm not really concerned about the balance of any individual career vs another right now as the game's not out yet, but their existence is another matter

And for the trueflight to kill them all they have to be standing in a line and not running at you.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

dmboogie posted:

jesus christ

it's okay

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

And for the trueflight to kill them all they have to be standing in a line and not running at you.

you do realize that the name of the active is trueflight VOLLEY right

dmboogie posted:

jesus christ

:same:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Both vermintides are fun games that I play for the fun of it not to get loot.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i mean i ain't uninstalling vt1 any time soon

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I like vt2 much more but I still rate vt1 a solid 12 out of 10

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Still crossing my fingers that Vermintide 2 will get the L4D2 treatment and the previous installment's maps get ported over, so long as the sequel's engine makes it feasible.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Third World Reggin posted:

It is really weird that people in here are talking about the possibility of some sexual relation between characters pointed out in the dialog and not how bardin is an anti-semite.

Did I miss a line where Bardin talks about some other relative who sends him emails about chaos being fake news?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

What's up with there being no keybinding for the pistol fire when using the rapier with the Witch Hunter? I didn't even know it existed till I did it by accident at like level 5. Also, why is the rapier the only weapon where you also get the offhand pistol? It seems like there is literally no reason to ever use any other melee weapon since the rapier does everything better. Fast attacks for hordes, pistol shots to thin/take out elites, and the charge attack is easy to aim for killing bosses...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Frustrated posted:

What's up with there being no keybinding for the pistol fire when using the rapier with the Witch Hunter? I didn't even know it existed till I did it by accident at like level 5. Also, why is the rapier the only weapon where you also get the offhand pistol? It seems like there is literally no reason to ever use any other melee weapon since the rapier does everything better. Fast attacks for hordes, pistol shots to thin/take out elites, and the charge attack is easy to aim for killing bosses...

it sucks but it's clearly a beta thing, that was rebindable in VT1.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I was almost ready to take this seriously and then I saw last posted here in 2015 lol

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Frustrated posted:

The keybinding thing is a beta bug, but if the rapier pistol ends up working like VT1 in the full version of the game it will have a limited number of shots instead of being an infinite ammo railgun.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Longbow's pretty good. I'm warming up to it more than Hagbane, probably because it's way more powerful in the right hands.

And it's just so much more satisfying and easy to use than V1.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Fans posted:

I imagine it's an audio callout to urge people in the way of progress. In case someone isn't sure where to go next in a map because it's large or whatever, hearing a character and looking around for them can point towards GO THIS DIRECTION TO END MAP instead of flailing around lost.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

It seems items drop Power Level depending on your highest character. I'm curious if anyone knows if it counts 'items in inventory' or 'items equipped' for this purpose.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Atoramos posted:

It seems items drop Power Level depending on your highest character. I'm curious if anyone knows if it counts 'items in inventory' or 'items equipped' for this purpose.

I assumed it was based on that character's level, not their Power Level. Ergo, it doesn't look at their actual inventory at all.

Do you have extensive proof of this or just a few drops?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The max power of items depends on difficulty. Boxes from Normal only go up to 100 power, hard 200, Nightmare 300 (But I've only seen this on red) and presumably 400 cata. Leveling one character obviously has some sort of global modifier where crafting or opening boxes on level 1 characters gives you max power for the box you open, but you still need the appropriate character level on the other hero to get higher qualities like Blue and Orange.

Also, somebody posted some stuff from the source code.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qO2oe8v0yX2rbR126UoDeIFQ7Eto5wMXmV-qKMHp3rM/edit#gid=1371971868

Some attacks have a ‘mass modifier’ for specific enemies - this is shown in the spreadsheet but not yet implemented in the ‘# targets’ calculation. (The modifier reduces enemy mass by 25% for that attack.) Staggered enemies also have reduced mass (25% again). These may account for discrepancies you see when testing in-game.

One thing really drew my attention in that there is a base crit rate of 5%, and the Elf Shade gets a hidden +5% bonus, and dual wield weapons get a +10% on light attacks. Guess I was right about Daggers being her ideal weapon there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Atoramos posted:

it's been steadily increasing while i haven't changed my equipment, so i would think it counts the items in your inventory.

• Locked thread