Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ArmZ posted:

america is loving stupid, and the piss tape is real

:yeah: but seriously read the article, its great

quote:

“Do you want to see the imagers? I'll show you. Imaging is like running a copy machine. So, like, if there's staples? So what these ladies along here do, from this wall to this wall, from six in the morning until midnight…staples.

It's hard to tell if he's complaining, or bragging.

quote:

“And then Denise says—did you meet Denise? Denise says, ‘Let's get some shipping containers! They're like 70 bucks a month to rent.’ So we put shipping containers out in the parking lot here.” He pushes open a heavy metal door and there they are, three red, one orange, and one blue, pinged with rust, sitting on the hot asphalt with weeds popping through. “See, now we fill these up. Um…” He yanks the latch on the orange one, bends his knees as he heaves open the door. Inside it's the same as the corridors: boxes. “Maybe 50 times a day a trace will come in for gun records in those boxes. Right? So, 50 times today somebody will be out here hand-searching boxes because we don't have them imaged yet.

quote:

In 1984, Form 4473 even showed up in a movie, Red Dawn. Soviet paratroopers invaded Colorado, and they went on a search for gun owners by getting their hands on a bunch of 4473s. “I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands,” was a popular NRA bumper sticker at the time and a variant was featured prominently in the movie.

It would be reasonable to assume, as many people do, that since 4473 is a federal form, the feds have them all locked up somewhere safe, but they don't. They are kept at the store that sold the gun; only when the retailer goes out of business do the gun records come here to the tracing center, which accounts for Charlie's box problem. Those are just the out-of-business records he's dealing with in the corridors and the shipping containers in the parking lot.

“Those are just the out-of-business records,” repeats Charlie, for emphasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Like it's so amazing that instead of looking at the actual problem that society is to blame for all these school shootings and is instead turning around and saying 'Hey, the police should have caught these guy before it happened!'

we must revere the constitution as a form of civic religion

except as to any provisions inconsistent with protofascism (or full blown fascism)*

* eta: the same exception applies to actual religion, obviously

Red Dad Redemption has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Feb 25, 2018

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

Naerasa posted:

So what they're saying is that we should put wolves in schools??

With guns! If good guys with a guns don't work, then maybe good boys with guns work.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

the amazing thing about kudzu is we totally did it to ourselves in like the 20s

much like human societies, to fix it just chop off the crown

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Addamere posted:

i feel like theres a pattern to mariana horchata posts :thunk:

american ecological gently caress ups

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

Even if we fire everyone and ban all guns we are facing a society that now WANTS to spree murder children but is blocked from doing so by lack of weapons and the presence of competent jackboots lol

Like part of Tappers outrage today was that the Broward County Sherriff apparently made some kind of deal with the school district that they would be somewhat lenient on school children instead of hitting them with serious charges and then when the Sherriff was like 'we felt that this was a better option than putting teenagers in jail for some offenses', Tapper turns right around and says 'Well, shouldn't some of them be in jail?'

Like seriously, what the gently caress?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Here is a good bitcoin simulator.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=49643#49642

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

Like part of Tappers outrage today was that the Broward County Sherriff apparently made some kind of deal with the school district that they would be somewhat lenient on school children instead of hitting them with serious charges and then when the Sherriff was like 'we felt that this was a better option than putting teenagers in jail for some offenses', Tapper turns right around and says 'Well, shouldn't some of them be in jail?'

WE MUST PUNISH THE CHILDREN SEVERELY, FELONIES FOR KIDS

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Why can't they just drink out of a metal straw?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

TMMadman posted:

there are only two options for kids in the usa, jail or machine guns : a democrat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

TMMadman posted:

Why can't they just drink out of a metal straw?

why does your desire for a better world trump my desire to never change ever

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Another one of these "consumer conservation" issues. Are straws really noticeable on a planetary ecological scale? I understand that plastic bags are actually way worse than their numbers make it sound, but so much of this stuff is like well if we stopped using it entirely it will do 0.0001% as much as a regulation causing companies to stop just dumping plastic in the ocean.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
well that was a p deece morning of rage im gonna dab out and play some fmv games

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I once read that foxes are dogs try8ng to cat and hyenas are cats trying to dog and it's like wow

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:thermidor:

shovelbum posted:

Another one of these "consumer conservation" issues. Are straws really noticeable on a planetary ecological scale? I understand that plastic bags are actually way worse than their numbers make it sound, but so much of this stuff is like well if we stopped using it entirely it will do 0.0001% as much as a regulation causing companies to stop just dumping plastic in the ocean.

https://www.strawlessocean.org/faq/

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what are some good, legal things i can do to gently caress up my local environment with like an invasive species or some other long reaching effect

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

shovelbum posted:

Even if we fire everyone and ban all guns we are facing a society that now WANTS to spree murder children but is blocked from doing so by lack of weapons and the presence of competent jackboots lol

Nah don't worry that's every society, just nobody has the gun liberryy that Americans enjoy to express their child-murder intentions with. If anything, other countries are backed up with decades' worth of mass shooters who haven't had their chance to shine, that's why letting immigrants is so dangerous (build that wall).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
death to america

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/967806841051930624

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TMMadman posted:

jake tapper is a real piece of poo poo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wtf?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have decided eco slacktivists are getting too much press, i wanna be an eco villain

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Addamere posted:

what are some good, legal things i can do to gently caress up my local environment with like an invasive species or some other long reaching effect

have children
:goonsay:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

TMMadman posted:

Like seriously, has there been some sort of command coming down from both sides the political leadership that is saying 'just crush the Broward County Sherriff over anything you can find?'

Probably, its the best scapegoat they have to take the eyes off of the kids

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

I once read that foxes are dogs try8ng to cat and hyenas are cats trying to dog and it's like wow

:thunk:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe there is some kind of easily produced compound that i could make in my bathtub and flush down the drain that when diluted into the local water table will lead to infertile birds?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TRUMP MOTHERFUCKER

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

have children
:goonsay:

do you know how much middle class children cost per year, i said cheap!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

jake tapper is a real piece of poo poo

I don't know what he's like as a person, but I feel like he usually does a decent job with interviews. But man, there are just some times when I just feel like he is completely off base with his line of questioning.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

This doesn't really do much to make the claim that a substantial portion of marine plastic pollution is due to straws tbqh

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Joementum posted:

the Chapo guys read Seagal's book in episode 171

ty for your service

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean i fart every day and i guess i could just straight up litter instead of using dumpsters and recycling bins but im just a small time polluter im looking for an edge that will let me compete with the big time polluters

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

They obviously just need to go buy guns for protection

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jake Tapper is mostly fine IMO but it sounds like this morning was not real great
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/967813873138126849

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

well that was a p deece morning of rage im gonna dab out and play some fmv games

𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚘

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean not that straws are good, but it seems like another thing where its like consumers, put on a sweater, industry, continue to waste 500000 houses worth of heat thru uninsulated pipes in one plant

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trump?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh hey its georgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jake Tapper is mostly fine IMO but it sounds like this morning was not real great
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/967813873138126849

No, I just watched the interview and he was loving awful. Like I said at one point he literally asked if children should be in jail.

• Locked thread