Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Wait, 10% moogles pop up from the raid coin summons? In that case I'll actually have to spend all of these instead of just selling them like usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Wait, 10% moogles pop up from the raid coin summons? In that case I'll actually have to spend all of these instead of just selling them like usual.

Well I’ve burned every orb on ELT since the raid came up and haven’t even seen a 1% Moogle on a coin pull so YMMV.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

I made a comment on this in the Discord when I got mine...I thought there was another hack and we all got gifted the random TMR

When I played for a couple weeks on JP o ne of the raid rewards I remember seeing was an Excalibur. And you could just buy Buster Form (materia - not a moogle) from the Mog event at the time. So expect to see more of that kind of stuff as we’re only at the beginning.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ive been pretty on the ball orb wise and ive had a 10%, a 5%, and a few 1% ALL trust moogles.

Odd seeing a rainbow crystal in a coin draw

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I've seen at least 3 1% moogles now.

If I gave Chow the Moogle Plushie and Golem, that would mean he could tank everything but AOE physical, right? He's tough enough that I bet he could survive a bunch of physical hits too, plus he has that Reraise/heal thing...

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I beat the dumb robot with the brute force of enhanced aileen + 2 x TDH FD onion bros. I also had a Wilhelm eating some hits and dying horribly here and there but doing his job overall, Rikku which was the MVP with her +6 LB per turn gear and constant casting of her LB, and Roy who surprisingly got to his final song but then immediately ate poo poo and lost everything as a result, but the robot was under 10% at this point so whatever.

LB-per-turn gear is... very important, I found. I had some turns where I only got like 3 LB crysts which flew straight into Aileen, and having passive LB generation basically saved the fight at several points. After I'm done my current TMR farm I'm going to grind out some LB gear because jesus christ these Trial fights are a mess otherwise.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've seen at least 3 1% moogles now.

If I gave Chow the Moogle Plushie and Golem, that would mean he could tank everything but AOE physical, right? He's tough enough that I bet he could survive a bunch of physical hits too, plus he has that Reraise/heal thing...

Chow comes with Camouflage as a passive, unfortunately, so you can only get him to 50% provoke with the plushie and golem. But even if you could make him a hybrid tank, his rotation is tight enough as is that you probably would want to just stick with magic tanking and have a bit of extra room here and there to throw in his heals/revives.

Edit: Now I'm attempting Sheratan and it's just not happening. I guess I need to go grab Bahamut and just AoE-finish it with Garnet, because that phase 2 and its MP drain spam is impossible to defend against.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 27, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Yan is a good character. In fact an insanely good 4*, possibly the best? This build gains 32 MP / turn and 6 LB / turn. Her LB only takes 20 to cast, gives 64% all resists and re-raise for three turns so after the first turn she will reliably have it. Her spells are all extremely cheap to cast, even dual-casting the Chi skill will not run her low. The only way she'd empty her MP would be casting AoE Full-Life (70 MP) over and over.

She's also incredibly durable with passive 20% elem resists, pretty decent HP, 10% Magic Dodge and a high SPR stat, and the pendant can give 2-turn AoE status immunity.

Yan's good, yo. Rikku is sitting on the bench sobbing quietly.

edit: The builder was a total sneak and defaults to pretending you get 4 LB crystals a turn. So she only gets 6/turn passively, which is NOT quite enough for guaranteed 3-turn LBs. Might have to tweak a bit.

v: yeah but if I replace Auto-Limit with another Ignorance BAM, guaranteed 3-turn no matter what crystals happen. unless she's dead a round, that would be unfortunate. But yeah, she's my standin for Marie, and Rikku replacement.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 27, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She'll get her limit break on just about any encounter that doesn't stop her from getting crystals like Alg if you go body first which is like 99% of all fights. She really does make Rikku obsolete though, since she can cover all the defensive quirks she does while providing stronger resistances.

It pisses me off that they drop 3 really strong limit break characters back to back and still have the busted as gently caress "Cant use this character till you level its limit break do to scaling poo poo" Hopefully we'll get that fix earlier than the JPs did relative to the schedule

And at the very least Memu isn't crashing anymore for me so I can leave it running overnight. Farming the stuff to make a super aileen

e-lol the next trial in japan is an anti chain boss so hope you've been gearing a finisher. Also ANOTHER Type-0 event because we haven't had enough banners of that poo poo yet

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 27, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/80kvif/ffbe_promptography/

Thread of the day. Loved the family portrait, I was dying with laughter.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/80kvif/ffbe_promptography/

Thread of the day. Loved the family portrait, I was dying with laughter.

I got this guy from my half price today. Oh well, at least I got a rainbow.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TRIGGER WARNING

JP is getting a FOURTH Final Fantasy Type 0 event and banner.

It’s official, FFBE can now drop a deuce...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/80mmr9/jp_maint_type0_mk_30m_dl_campaign_spring_boxes/
:negative:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Is type zero popular in Japan or something because gently caress all these type zero events and banners

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
gently caress just the banners, the units show up too often

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

Is type zero popular in Japan or something because gently caress all these type zero events and banners

Type 0 is literally the only FF a lot of people in japan played because people were transitioning away from consoles and all they had were portables so they bought Type 0 for the PSP

I think at one point a lot of the younger demographic only knew FF because of Type 0 and Dissidia

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm just sad that we'll never get something like this:

30M Downloads Campaign
Duration: Month of March
(1) 3x Free 10+1
3/1 0:00 ~ 3/9 23:59
3/10 0:00 ~ 3/19 23:59
3/20 0:00 ~ 3/31 23:59

(2) Daily Summoning Ticket
1x Daily: 3/1 5:00 JST ~ 4/1 4:59 JST (31 Tickets)

(3) Lottery
Between 3/1 0:00 ~ 3/31 23:59 JST
Clear a limited quest to enter

Content:
Reward Winner(s)
1,000,000 lapis 1 person
100,000 lapis 10 people
50,000 lapis 20 people
30,000 Lapis 30 people
1,000 lapis 26,100 people

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
4th event? Jesus
some of the freggin mainline games havent even gotten 1 if I remember right

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Type 0 is literally the only FF a lot of people in japan played because people were transitioning away from consoles and all they had were portables so they bought Type 0 for the PSP

I think at one point a lot of the younger demographic only knew FF because of Type 0 and Dissidia

Ahh, that makes sense, thanks :)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh we’ll get a lottery all right. $4.99 per ticket...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh we’ll get a lottery all right. $4.99 per ticket...

You are optimistic. $10 per ticket, can buy any amount

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
"Second pull: Guaranteed Deuce"

Perfect description.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Varance posted:

"Second pull: Guaranteed Deuce"

Perfect description.

Every pull on a Type 0 banner has been a Guaranteed Deuce.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I actually pulled a rainbow off of the 10+1 ticket. It was... Lunera.

I'm not sure how to feel about this considering I have a maxed out Roy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got an onion knight and a marie from my pull which is pretty mediocre given how close we are to 7* :sigh:

shits gently caress when you see a onion knight and marie and your immediate thoughts "I really wanted another wilhelm and another ayaka"

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Feb 28, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I got an onion knight and a marie from my pull which is pretty mediocre given how close we are to 7* :sigh:

shits gently caress when you see a onion knight and marie and your immediate thoughts "I really wanted another wilhelm and another ayaka"

Trade you my 3rd Ayaka and my 3rd Wilhelm for your OK :(

edit: FF9 Banner is finally here. No GE buff for Beatrix :(

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I think we eventually get "choose your own 5*" tickets to help with the whole 7* thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I know but having the first two tickets being locked ona tank and a healer sort of sucks but then again I have 7* capable Lightning, Delita, Olive, TTerra, Fryvia, Tidus and one Aileen short having a stmr aileen And a spare 7* one so im not really hurting for damage.

Apparently some new things are coming to GL soon that the community manager is hyping up, particularly for veteran players. She seems to be very conscious about the problems the game is having and they are going to adress them in the next youtube video

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 28, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got two Wakkas from my ticket. Yeah anyone wanna blitz?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

keep them you'll need them for the ffx king mog event in a few weeks

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hopefully lots of flyers. Those are his kind of customers.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is there a current way to cheese the Bahamaut fight? I missed the boat a while ago - I do have Mystea and one Draco Spike, but no Ring of the Lucii.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I never thought I'd regret the 11 or so Wakkas I've melted so far.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I have 5 of them sitting in a corner waiting to be melted once the ffx event comes and go.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Voodoo posted:

Is there a current way to cheese the Bahamaut fight? I missed the boat a while ago - I do have Mystea and one Draco Spike, but no Ring of the Lucii.

Mystea can take the megaflare he uses on his first turn so you don't have to worry about a one turn KO, although that's assuming Mystea actually eats the megaflare. The general idea is to start a chain and land a dual casted Alterna from RotL in it to oneshot Bahamut. Zyrus' LB is an alternative with his dragon magic killer passives and dracospikes. Just in case I put up a T.Terra with two Dracospikes and a RotL (but no Dragon Killer+, still gotta do Bahamut myself) that should hopefully do the trick. IGN Buttz, friend code: 479,088,281

Also 10+1 gave me a Fry and I can finally use the 100% Fry's Needle moogle I got last easter :toot:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Nope. At least not the fans of this game:

The last one tied with 3 is Tactics.

Lotsa other poll results here.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 28, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://kotaku.com/eight-big-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-questions-answered-1628600728

"There is a part where we believe it's kind of like the first step," Tabata said. "When we released Type-0 on the PSP in Japan, we were able to garner a new audience, a younger user-base. There's a lot of fans who say that Type-0 was their first Final Fantasy, so we're hoping that'll be the same for the overseas market as well, in kind of garnering and capturing that new age group when a lot of our Final Fantasy fans are becoming older, more mature.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://kotaku.com/eight-big-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-questions-answered-1628600728

"There is a part where we believe it's kind of like the first step," Tabata said. "When we released Type-0 on the PSP in Japan, we were able to garner a new audience, a younger user-base. There's a lot of fans who say that Type-0 was their first Final Fantasy, so we're hoping that'll be the same for the overseas market as well, in kind of garnering and capturing that new age group when a lot of our Final Fantasy fans are becoming older, more mature.

They're goddamn idiots who deluded themselves into thinking that the PSP and Vita were successful anywhere but Japan.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Three rainbow day! Could it be the day I finally get Ayaka??

Ramza #2
Duke
Jiraiya

Well I guess I got some more good TMRs.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Whaaaaa you guys I got two of the best units in the game in one pull (for free) :emo:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like I'm gonna need a Steiner, so old man Cid can double fist the Excalibur and Excalibur II. Or two Excalibur IIs... Or maybe 2x Beatrix, so he can double fist Save The Queen (IX)...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I was thinking about using my 10+1, and I realized there are only three units I want (Wilhelm, Marie, and Ayaka), specifically for dupes. I have 6 Dukes, 2 TGCs, 2 DVs, 2 Fryevias, 2 VoLs, 3 Rems, 2 Aileens, 2 Gilgameshes, and 2 Emperors for when 7*, and that's just base 5* units that I have dupes already.

Like....as much as I want to do rare summons, I just don't know what I'd actually want from them. I finally got a bard and a magic tank with Ramza and Chow, so I have every unit type covered as far as I know. I know I should just sit back and gather resources, as the time limited banners wrecked my stockpile.

At this point I really don't know what to do other than TM grind and log in long enough to clear the events/raids and get my daily lapis.

• Locked thread