Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Universals can sub into any typed stage in SL -- they do like 20% less damage but it's better than nothing. Strange - Nova - Robbie might be able to do it?

And yeah I'd save the T2 ticket for BM if you're that close. He doesn't really need it but with the investment you have there already you might as well pump him up so more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm at like 20/20/19/19 with all of Luna, X-23, and Blue Marvel so they all just seem like people worth the focus/investment even though they're all effective at T1. Maybe I can get them up to the top tier of people who can help me with Floors 25-30 or World Ultimate.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

NmareBfly posted:

Universals can sub into any typed stage in SL -- they do like 20% less damage but it's better than nothing. Strange - Nova - Robbie might be able to do it?

Thanks, I hadn't thought to try that. Nova with an ungeared Clea lead for cooldown to keep up iframes destroyed Hawkeye in less than a minute.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I applied to Doctor Goons as ApplesauceBoss.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to keep choosing T2 tickets until I have all the top tier characters at t2. That helps my progression much more than anything, and anyways, I still cannot beat the final Thor legendary or the BP Extreme vs Klaw. No matter what I do, I die so quickly. This is probably because I will never understand iframes that it seems like almost all modern games rely on. It also seems kind of silly to have a fremium phone came to have the same kind of mechanics as a Soulsborne game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

Definitely buy the uni ticket

Is there anyone that can clear the last chapter missions on auto without dying besides Wolverine? Looking for someone faster

I know I know, I usually sim those but I've been auto'ing the BP ones since they give a ton of XP and the bios I need for the uni (I had noooo idea it started at Legendary)

my setup that i randomly picked (apoc never dies so the other two don't matter as much so i can probably do up a real team for him to give him more bonuses)

and my time

Could probably use jean grey or cable but havent tried

Edit:

some more combo with team up bonus

apoc lead

jean lead

cable lead

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 22, 2018

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

my setup that i randomly picked (apoc never dies so the other two don't matter as much so i can probably do up a real team for him to give him more bonuses)

and my time

Could probably use jean grey or cable but havent tried

Edit:

some more combo with team up bonus

apoc lead

jean lead

cable lead

The jean lead pic is a repeat of the apoc lead pic but thanks for that -- so I guess cable is fastest?

I never thought of using apoc for some reason, thought he'd die but I guess that mission is pretty forgiving, thanks for the suggestions!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm going to keep choosing T2 tickets until I have all the top tier characters at t2. That helps my progression much more than anything, and anyways, I still cannot beat the final Thor legendary or the BP Extreme vs Klaw. No matter what I do, I die so quickly. This is probably because I will never understand iframes that it seems like almost all modern games rely on. It also seems kind of silly to have a fremium phone came to have the same kind of mechanics as a Soulsborne game.

iframes literally put a sprite icon over your character for the duration, it looks like a circle with an X through it, meaning you can't be hit

I'd say that's a far cry from a Souls game tbh

Also hoarding T2 tickets is life, I have everything but I still refuse to T2 people unless they're actually worth a drat

When Jean came out I just ticketed all the mutants in the Magneto pack, it was genius; I still have like 6+ tickets right now.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yay, just completed the entire X-Men quest and I have Wolverine up to 60. Now I just need to Gear-20 Storm and Cyclops and finish saving up for unlocking Magneto - I'm a little less than halfway there.

So I've got Quicksilver unlocked, and apparently I can't unlock Cable until I beat his rear end 70 goddamned times. However, I get no bios for beating him. I've beaten Thanos and the Black Order 5 times each (aside from Proxima), so I'm wondering if I should focus on unlocking all those guys by beating them 5-15 more times to get enough bios to unlock them, or just keep grinding Quicksilver as much as possible (I don't have enough good T2ers to beat him 5 times a day yet.) And I guess churning out ISO combinations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If I was you I'd probably just do whoever you can do 5/5 with each day. The chaos stones and bam are stuff you'll need anyway to work Quicksilver up. So you might as well just do what gets you the most resources.

Or actually, do however many Quicksilver you can each day and then move on to whoever else. Like you can just do Quicksilver/Proxima until she's open and then Quicksilver/Supergiant until she's open, etc etc.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Word of advice. Quicksilver is hard enough that it can be tough putting together a team to beat him 70 times. And there are other requirements for unlocking Cable.
(Beating QS in 30 seconds is really hard. I have no idea how you do it in under 15 seconds, so I paid crystals to skip that step.)

That being said Cable is really good. And doesn't use Black Anti Matter to rank up. He uses Phoenix Feathers and M'Kran shards for mastery. Just something to bear in mind.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I was worried about the beating QS in 15 seconds thing so I figured I would just deal with it when I had beat him 70 times. Then I checked it the other day and it said I had already done it?!

I was super confused but I guess I must have got lucky with Wolverine at some point?!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The 15 second one took me weeks and weeks and maybe even months of whining in this thread that I'd never be able to do it and tons of helpful advice from people here that finally got me over the top. The highlights that I remember.

1) Jean Grey, fully maxed with gear, skills, offensive iso set with 6* ISOs.
2) An obelisk with "damage proc".
3) She Hulk 6* master leadership.
4) Warwolf 5 skill boost.
5) Strange, Wolverine, and Sharon on my team with 2 "reduce Dodge" players.
6) Maxed Cards that had skill cooldown maxed, ignore defense, and attack numbers up.
7) A bunch of ignore defense and damage URUs for Phoenix.

Took weeks and weeks of tweaking with advice from the crew in here and I never would have accomplished it without them.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Well I've only beaten him like 15 times total, so I guess the lesson is that Wolverine is stupid OP?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That and I was kind of stupid about cards, obelisks, ISOs, and urus until the thread educated me.

But yeah, I got real close with Wolvie a ton during that long ordeal.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I found it tough just beating him within 30 seconds. I think the best way was Spidey 2099 leader (for ignore dodge) a maxed out AoA Wolverine and a third person for damage pump.

The 15 second clear I could never get near so just paid 250 crystals to get past it. I will almost certainly do the same for the 15 second Cable clear to get to Scarlet Witch.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if youre okay waiting a week or two, you can just keep trying to daisy + warwolf + someone it, the someone can be anyone who does a really big attack rather than lots of dps from lots of button presses, so dr strange is out. i did it with wolverine on the third try but i bet movie panther could do it too. you want warwolf, daisy, and the damage proc gear to all line up for a massive hit, after which you have 12 seconds to mop up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You really shouldn't need Warwolf with a beefy Jean to beat quicksilver, it really could come down to good timing with Strange's time freeze stacked with Jean's freeze and just spamming attacks.

I can't remember how useful it was during quicksilver but also don't forget to hit him with neutrals while you're waiting on cool downs, they can add up to big damage.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeh if you have a beefy jean you arent asking how to beat quicksilver in 15 secs cos it already happened without trying

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mmmm beefy Jean (The internet is awful)

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Beast leader with Warwolf and Wolverine did it for me. I have one ignore dodge team up (Natalie?) and then I just threw crit/physical damage team ups.

Use Beast’s 5, then switch to Warwolf and use his 5, then Wolverine. Lead with Wolverine’s 4 for the ignore dodge and then his 5 and then I just spam whatever if he’s still alive.

Took me 3 days, the first two were literally 2 seconds shy, but I can do it pretty consistently now. And if you have Beast or Warwolf (or both) at T2 it’s even easier, but mine are both T1.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I got lucky and took Quicksilver down in 15 seconds with Beast lead, Storm sidekick and Wolverine with full level 20 gear, 5* ISO-8s and Hawk's Eye set, 6* obelisk with Ignore Defense, Ignore Dodge, and 140% attack proc. I got it on the fourth day of trying.

Honestly probably worth the 250 crystals to bypass.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Weirdly I never even considered spending the crystals even though I was at it forever and frustrated beyond measure. I spent crystals on a few things early like opening team spots and recharging stuff before I realized their value. Ever since then I just have avoided spending on anything but big store stuff and costumes. I just spent a bunch to unequip an awakened ISO from Strange when I wanted to give him a better iso set. Even that felt agonizing.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
I spent that 250 on the 15-second quicksilver challenge as soon as it was the last one I had left for Cable and given the amount of effort it seems people are putting into it I'd say it's probably the best use of gems out there.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i never even considered paying cos youre gonna fight qs anyway, and one day youll get him in 15s. youre not putting in any extra effort. you better believe i paid crystals to beat story mode odin tho.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm trying to decide between using my latest t2 ticket on Beast or Satana (both have costumes). Any suggestions?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
X-men are super easy to t2 naturally, don't waste tickets on them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For some reason I used a ticket to t2 Cyclops. Dumbest decision ever.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i think i ticketed one xman because i thought their materials being capped would make it slow going t2ing the next crop of mutants and then there wasnt a next crop of mutants

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I don't have great ISO's or cards or anything for my Black Panther and I barely beat the Extreme Mission even after the nerf, but putting after I put an Obelisk that heals on him I've been able to hover around 50-60% health on completion. If you can manage to make one like that it should help. I don't think I'll end up getting the 90% HP remaining bonus reward anytime soon though. I'm always starting an animation for an attack that keeps me in place when he decides to ram his car into me.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

punchymcpunch posted:

i think i ticketed one xman because i thought their materials being capped would make it slow going t2ing the next crop of mutants and then there wasnt a next crop of mutants

The only X character I used a Tier 2 ticket on was X23. And that's because it's s bitch to get her bios. She's pretty decent, just not as OP as Wolverine is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

A surfing dog?! posted:

I don't have great ISO's or cards or anything for my Black Panther and I barely beat the Extreme Mission even after the nerf, but putting after I put an Obelisk that heals on him I've been able to hover around 50-60% health on completion. If you can manage to make one like that it should help. I don't think I'll end up getting the 90% HP remaining bonus reward anytime soon though. I'm always starting an animation for an attack that keeps me in place when he decides to ram his car into me.

How do I make a healing ob? It's not clear which one to start with.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

How do I make a healing ob? It's not clear which one to start with.

It's just a random extra effect unfortunately, so you just have to get lucky with making one that has something useful on it. Right now I'm rerolling the effect on my Wolverine's obelisk and I've gotten lightning damage as an extra effect two times in a row.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I need friends who I can send friend points to every single day. I also pop Rifts every day.

I am still addicted basically. Whale out with me.

Add ICR THE SUN GOD for friendship. thanks you

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I need friends who I can send friend points to every single day. I also pop Rifts every day.

Can confirm. ICR pops many rifts all the time.

Can someone please remind me what the deal is with summoning in a dude to assist you during a level? Does the owner of that character get anything?
How do you choose who you send to other people? Is it your "main"?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm not sure but I think it's the icon you select from your roster as your avatar

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
iirc it's whoever is your leader on team 1.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I did try to add you but it said your list is full!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I've powered Kamala up to rank #3, baby. Only two more uniforms to take from Legendary to Mythic and then I'm really in business.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

I've powered Kamala up to rank #3, baby. Only two more uniforms to take from Legendary to Mythic and then I'm really in business.

I bet if I look way back to the uni xp patch I can find you complaining about it

Jk grats, we all drank the uni koolaid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thechalkoutline posted:

I bet if I look way back to the uni xp patch I can find you complaining about it

Jk grats, we all drank the uni koolaid

Maybe, I don;t remember if I complained or not but it sounds like me