Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Tomasi says there's more coming at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
God, the Liam Sharp Batman/WW book is beautiful-looking. Very exposition-y, though. It'll definitely give you old school Vertigo vibes 'cuz of all that beautiful exposition. Also, fairies.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm betting Tomasi is getting Detective Comics and/or Teen Titans.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tomasi on Teen Titans might actually get me to read Teen Titans.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Is it me or is Justice League sort of scattered today?

I mean I get the overall gist of things but it was shown in an uneven way.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I really loved it. This arc has been the best Justice League stuff I've ever read, easily. It's actually making me care about characters like Aquaman, Cyborg and Barry Allen. All the people who are normally incredibly bland are imbued with large interest and humanity by Priest's detailed, attentive style.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'm not crazy about the whole "Hey guys, what if...no listen guys, what if...the world...doesn't trust superheroes???? Eh? EH!!? No seriously hear me out guys!" plot 'cuz like...c'mon. Are we really gonna still do this in TYOOL 2018? And honestly, "The Fan" feels like a cross between a Winick villain and a Bendis villain, which is not a compliment.

Still, the writing has been strong enough that I feel confident in calling it one of DC's better titles at the moment. I also think this issue marks the first time that the Justice League and the JLA have interacted, which was nice.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm just kinda bummed that it's getting cut short because I really like Priest's "Superheroes as a political thriller" shtick that he does, and it getting dumped for Snyder's brainless looking dreck of "STARRO ON THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?!?!?! WOAH!!! READ TO FIND OUT WHY!!! ALSO TONIGHT A JUSTICE LEAGUE DIES!!" is pretty off putting.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Roth posted:

I'm just kinda bummed that it's getting cut short because I really like Priest's "Superheroes as a political thriller" shtick that he does, and it getting dumped for Snyder's brainless looking dreck of "STARRO ON THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?!?!?! WOAH!!! READ TO FIND OUT WHY!!! ALSO TONIGHT A JUSTICE LEAGUE DIES!!" is pretty off putting.

Yeah, same. This feels like a Justice League I'm really interested in reading, for once, and it's sad that it's slated to be a short term thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
dreck seems like an extremely strong word for a comic no one has even read yet

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

God, the Liam Sharp Batman/WW book is beautiful-looking. Very exposition-y, though. It'll definitely give you old school Vertigo vibes 'cuz of all that beautiful exposition. Also, fairies.

This guy for best new character 2018

Roth posted:

"STARRO ON THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?!?!?! WOAH!!!

C'mon. Starro in Metal was super fun.

I love goofy weirdos having a spot of the team, but I'm sure Snyder will consolidate things into a traditional group for his comic and Starro will jet off to the anti-hero/goofy team offshoot.

But Snyder's philosophy for writing JL (as he's stated on Twitter a couple of times) is "Write every issue is your last!"
So, yeah. Whether that's for good or bad, It sure ain't gonna be like it is now.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 21, 2018

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

That dumbass Steve really did pass up an opportunity at that luscious beard, smh.

The book does the thing I'm not crazy about where gods directly depend on human belief but, well, that's so ubiquitous for comic books nowadays that I suppose I'll just have to get over it. Also...again, they're fairies, so that at least is a wee big fitting.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Can kind of see how Super Sons is going to end up based on today's issue. I don't think Jon's going to be able to reconcile Damian's past.

Presumably they'll get together in some other comic, providing Jon sticks around. Bendis probably wouldn't get rid of him but Zod's still around and there's other things going on.

I still think Justice League was a little scattered, I read it a few times. Cyborg wearing glasses, mysterious lawyer who has mysterious lasergun. Fanboy teleporting the JL across the world, then putting on a huge wig and beard and Aquaman outfit to meet Aquaman in dramatic fashion. The Justice League really doesn't seem like the group that would leave people in need like that. And Batman was there, is this his whole trying to keep them tied to Earth angle? To keep them from being gods in the sky and to know what it's like being a person? Is that why he picked Cyborg, who seems to have feet in both worlds? I don't dislike it, I just found this issue a little weird. It makes me like Jessica Cruz, though.

I saw a headline about Damage that made me think it wasn't going to try to be more than Hulk. The whole writing for trade thing seems to be the only method nowadays so I guess they're waiting when it comes to bigger reveals. I like Colonel Jonas, though.

Skartaris. I've never seen the appeal. Is it supposed to be like Marvel's Savage Land? I think I prefer the Dinosaur Island for that, Tomasi handled it well with Superman and Jon. But you have so many more interesting places! There's a city full of Gorillas. Seven seas! Kingdoms under the Earth itself. There's like three different secret temples in the Himalayas alone. Anyways it appeared in Trinity and was a low point.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Aquaman continues to be a great read. Federici's art is gorgeous to look at, I hope he stays on Aquaman for a while and then gets more work on higher profile stuff.

Aquaman, Green Arrow and Deathstroke are my favourites of Rebirth with Priest's JL fairly decently close behind.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tightening up the Superman line for the Bendis takeover is a good idea. Restarting Super Sons and Supergirl, or similar books, spinning out of the main Superman titles is going to bring in a lot of new readers. I'm excited to see a reinvigorated Superman line after so many misfires since New 52.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I sure lasted longer on Supergirl's N52 series. Has anyone stuck with Orlando's? You never hear anything about it.

edit: Except for the fact that it's ending.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I sure lasted longer on Supergirl's N52 series. Has anyone stuck with Orlando's? You never hear anything about it.

I buy it purely for the fact it's a Super family title, and I buy them all no matter what.

But Supergirl is generally at the bottom of my to read pile, and I've not really enjoyed the book since the Rebirth re-launch. It tries to incorporate parts of the TV show and parts of the comic cannon but kind of misfires.

The "Elseworlds" Being Super was a good read though, so give that bash if you missed it and enjoy Supergirl stuff.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mmmnngood news everyone!
https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/status/966698512523169793
And with that, HB crossovers season 2, I guess!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxxL2YvNkzE

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 22, 2018

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I had no idea I wanted that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't see Ace the Bat-hound or Krypto facing off against Dynomutt there so this is clearly an awful comic.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's the definition of a mixed bag for me. I'm enjoying a lot of the DEO stuff, and the storyline with the Emerald Empress. But a lot of the Catco stuff is falling flat for me. It's not a bad comic by any means, though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChrisSamnee/status/967053561371807744
:ninja:

edit: Walta is newly freelance too. That better mean a Tom King reunion.
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/967185220742107136
https://twitter.com/ghwalta/status/967159198827106304

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 24, 2018

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Regarding Chris Samnee, does this mean Wonder Woman is going to come out as a secretly Roman demigoddess? I don't know who they are.

TwoPair posted:

I don't see Ace the Bat-hound or Krypto facing off against Dynomutt there so this is clearly an awful comic.

It would be Titus and Krypto, I believe. With potential cameos from Batcat and Batcow.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'm sure I know the answer already, but was the New 52 Klarion series any good?

And actually, a question about him, why is he blue? I've always assumed he was blue (in Batgirl he's specifically noted as being blue and I assume that's why) and that the puritan thing stood out more because being literally blue isn't that unusual in the DCU, but one thing I noticed in Seven Soldiers was people calling him "pale," and his original appearance he's just... pale (I need to read The Demon, maybe after I do my taxes). When and why did he turn blue, and why is that supposed to represent paleness?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Edit: Wrong thread

Wrong thread whats the weirdest DC pairing? Not like Monsueir Mallah and Brain where there made for eachother but stuff like one time Green Arrow and Wonder Woman made out (just an example)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

catlord posted:

I'm sure I know the answer already, but was the New 52 Klarion series any good?

And actually, a question about him, why is he blue? I've always assumed he was blue (in Batgirl he's specifically noted as being blue and I assume that's why) and that the puritan thing stood out more because being literally blue isn't that unusual in the DCU, but one thing I noticed in Seven Soldiers was people calling him "pale," and his original appearance he's just... pale (I need to read The Demon, maybe after I do my taxes). When and why did he turn blue, and why is that supposed to represent paleness?

I think Frazer Irving just did that because it fit his style, and later artists ran with it. I don't think there's a more satisfying explanation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In 7S they refer to "women of the blue" don't they? I think it's a Morrison plot.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Maybe it ties in to Glorianna Tennebrae and the future fairyfolk bastards.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Any idea when Mister Miracle is due to resume?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

frameset posted:

Any idea when Mister Miracle is due to resume?
March 14. They took a month off for Gerads to spend time with his new child.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

March 14. They took a month off for Gerads to spend time with his new child.

Excellent, thank you.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/woodlandbuckle/status/967959330938150912

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Is there anywhere I can stream this legally? I've been meaning to watch the series for some time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

graybook posted:

Is there anywhere I can stream this legally? I've been meaning to watch the series for some time.

Just :filez: it. Iirc, it used to be up on Netflix, but it was taken down in 2015. Should've watched it when you had the chance if you wanted it legally.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You probably shouldn't advise that.

The sets are available.
https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Brave-Bold-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00FFFUZ46/
Or eps streaming. Not for free, but it's a legal option.
https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Brave-Complete-First-Season/dp/B008YJDBB4/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 27, 2018

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Open Marriage Night posted:

I think Frazer Irving just did that because it fit his style, and later artists ran with it. I don't think there's a more satisfying explanation.

I thought I'd seen him drawn blue in pre-Seven Soldiers appearances, but looking at Young Justice (not easy, with the show having him too) it looks like he was grey most of the time with a couple pictures blue, so I might have been mistaken to when he changed, I was thinking it was earlier than it was.

Rhyno posted:

In 7S they refer to "women of the blue" don't they? I think it's a Morrison plot.

Possibly, there's a lot of places a line like that can hide, but the nearest I can think of is in Klarion #4 where Melmoth tells the witch-women that "the royal blue blood of the Sheeda Court is mingled with the Human strain in your veins" but that's generally not literal. But I also believe that Klarion #4 is the only time Melmoth is drawn blue too, so maybe it's just a Morrison plot like you and FilthyImp said.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Bummer, I only finally got Netflix this year.
I might consider just buying the sets since I did adore what I experienced of it before, and I imagine I'd prefer to have that physically.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

The Music Meister episode is a highlight but there were other good songs in Brave and the Bold, like Vigilante's stirring ode to Batman's heroism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMaYVfm4cEE

Vigilante is voiced by John DiMaggio in this show btw

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 27, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
There's also this one which definitely wasn't written for the kids watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you still haven't decided to pick up The Terrifics this week...
https://www.avclub.com/a-fantastic-quartet-assembles-in-this-the-terrifics-1-1823322726