Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/fws08d3.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/hRBOWXn.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Is anyone actually excited about the new series? Or new half, I guess.
Over here in the UK every other series of Walking Dead has got lots of promotion but I haven't seen ANYTHING for this one. And everyone I knew that watched it has just...stopped.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

this makes it alllllll worth it

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm still watching in the hopes that everyone dies and they give the series a downer ending ala NotLD

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol i forgot how salvimom started her demise

also bonus anarchist skipping around

https://i.imgur.com/xmuuW1J.gifv

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
ugh I forgot this was back on tonight, there's a perfectly good 70-ish minutes of my Sunday night that easily could've been 20-30 minutes tops

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Karl DIES TONIGHT!!!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/vr52H5w.gifv

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Woah, why did this happen?

(I'd only seen a handful of episodes from Season 3 -- I stopped because of real life, not because I wasn't enjoying myself -- but he was one of the better additions to the show.)

Beats me, but I saw Daniel Sharman, the guy that played Troy, do an interview saying ‘a crossover is a terrible idea’.

And LOL, thinking about it, every character introduced is S3 that was part of Madison’s crew died by the time S3 was over.

The only two that survived were Walker and Crazy Dog and that’s only because they left before the dam battle. That part is what the regular show ought to be like, not like in the prison assault where Hershel was the only (named character) casualty, and Bob got winged by a shot and everyone else was okay.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

quote:

Some things not to expect from Fear:

1. The cause of the outbreak. Just as in Kirkman's comics — which also won't ever reveal what caused the world as we know it to crumble — neither Fear nor the flagship drama will ever explain what happened to civilization. Erickson, despite his best pitches to Kirkman to touch on the subject, was shot down. "I had a couple of early pitches that touched on that and Robert shut me down. For him, it's never been about what caused it; it's always been about the impact it has on people," Erickson says.

2. Crossover with any of the original Walking Dead cast. Asked if Fear could provide a way for beloved characters from the comics who were killed off too soon on the AMC series (ahem, Andrea), Erickson said the "idea of seeing an ancillary character who happened to be in Los Angeles and got out and landed in Georgia is interesting. But I don't think we're going to do that. There's no plan to see any original characters."

1. Ok that's kind of enraging and I would have been pretty pissed if I was Erickson. They had him sign a contract to make a prequel about the downfall of civilization but wouldn't actually let him do anything that explains the downfall of civilization. Aside from that, in one interview with him, he mentioned the execs were pressuring him to speed up the pace of season 1 to get the timeline closer to when Rick wakes up, but only gave him 6 episodes for the season and he still had to somehow tell the story of the fall of LA. That's where the 9 day time skip came from. Honestly it sounds like they set Erickson up to look bad (probably not purposely, but through gross negligence) and I would jump on the Darabont train if I were him.

2. lol

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Today I saw Annihilation. A visually stunning scifi film about self-destructive behavior

Now I am about to watch AMC's The Walking Dead. Are the two related? Keep watching to find out

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Rick was reading carl's letter!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Holy poo poo, I haven't watched this show in awhile and Carl is gonna loving die. Nice!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol bright eyes at the bottom of everything to open the show is such a weird loving choice jesus christ

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I hate how they have to rewind and show the same thing from 6 different character's perspective. Just drags out the whole thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tomapot posted:

I hate how they have to rewind and show the same thing from 6 different character's perspective. Just drags out the whole thing.

Someone in the writer’s room thinks Vantage Point is a really good movie.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Also, Carl was pretty busy for a dying guy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This lady knows Carol is a stone cold killer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It just hit me that the storm system is beyond overdesigned for that residential plat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This guy continues to be the best Savior.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It just hit me that the storm system is beyond overdesigned for that residential plat.

At least three US political figures lived there when it was just a gated community in the DC area. A secret escape tunnel makes sense

Not really this is dumb, but gigantic sewers are nothing new in fiction

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

At least be fun and have Carol and Morgan have a kill count contest like Lord of the Rings.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

good to see Morgan back in full out killer mode. He has no middle ground, only pure pacifist or psycho must kill them all

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
FTWD did a bunch of "everything is good" dream sequences in its finale. I wonder if TWD's will end the same way...

Edit.
Oh, killing Carl won't diverge the show from the comics, they will just give Judith all that stuff.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 26, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DarklyDreaming posted:

At least three US political figures lived there when it was just a gated community in the DC area. A secret escape tunnel makes sense

Not really this is dumb, but gigantic sewers are nothing new in fiction

Fear did it better. Madison, Strand and Walker had to go full Andy Dufrense crawling around a lovely sewer pipe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Morgan :stare:

Them dragging whoever is dying across an entire episode is incredibly boring and repetitive at this point.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
All that and the kid did it :stonklol:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ezhelkiel's face after he sees the kid is basically the new Tyresse face.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Impecable timing.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
18 posts from a single digit number of posters on nearly the entire midseason premiere

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ElectricSheep posted:

16 posts from a single digit number of posters on the midseason premiere

We’re the walking dead now.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
"Hey, Carol, should we mention that Henry is walking up to that savior or just let this pla- oh he killed him ok."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They just killed like 15 people saving Ezekiel, why do they care if Morgan kills more stupid savior?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We’re the walking dead now.

Takes more than a headshot to kill what's dead inside :v:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Ha, big bearded Rick is Carl's fevered dream, not a flash-forward. Good, that means Rick still has a chance to gently caress everything up.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Jesus christ just die already Carl, you've outlived the show itself by this point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god that flashforward with Negan just redeemed the episode

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

At least have Negan do the lean when he said hi to Judith.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

ElectricSheep posted:

18 posts from a single digit number of posters on nearly the entire midseason premiere

The Walking Dead subreddit has 400k+ subscribers but only 5000 currently reading it, which is pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao Carl admitting to shooting that kid in front of Hershel

Just fuckin die already

But please don't kill malaise savior