Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can't wait to get my mandatory shipment of shoulder pads and asymmetrical silk shirts on January 1st, 2030.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Double-breasted jackets.
Triple-breasted counsellors.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

simplefish posted:

Double-breasted jackets.
Triple-breasted counsellors.
riker would approve

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Uniskirt Watch update: S1E12, yellow, pre-intro, at helm

Also they just found a random robot of unknown origin on a planet and were like "Welp better put it through Starfleet Academy"? poo poo's wild, man.

E: this doesn't make any sense. Data remembers farmlamd. Tripoli crew reported farmland. But Data was left outside and, not having been activated, was uniquely safe from the Vampire Crystal... which ate all the farmland. Which thus shouldn't have been there, but which Data saw when he was first activated.

E2, yellow uniskirt, s1e14, redhead walking along a corridor, pre-credits
Same episode, south-east Asian looking dude, red uniskirt, background during abandon ship

S1e16, blue uniskirt, then yellow, blonde ladies, corridor. On bridge, red uniskirt brunette. All pre-credits. Yellow redhead uniskirt makes another appearance on the bridge at the return to Aldea. Same lady, corridor, when Harry's back on board.

There are also identical twins - white hair, blue uniform, during the flu episode. One is behind Geordi, the same one behind Beverly, as they talk between different decks
E3: man yellow redhead is also in s1e17 and s1e18. Gonna see if she ever got a main role in anything.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 26, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they get real jazzed about any form of sentient life in next gen.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can't wait to get my mandatory shipment of shoulder pads and asymmetrical silk shirts on January 1st, 2030.

everyone on the sex offender registry sticks out like a sore thumb as the law requires they fashion their own ill-fitting shapeless jackets and trousers from whatever fabric scraps they can scrounge up from the nearest furniture upholstery shop's dumpster, what with a court mandate limiting them to only colors and tones they can demonstratively prove to be found in their own excrement

The future is all formless repulsive flappy/strappy couch-esque poopysuits for creepy cat men leering at you g girls like some feline aqualung from beyond the stars throwing up red flags galore as he bellows "stay away from my girlfriend!!!" in broken English with a heavy Tallaxian accent, tracking sand from his litter box into the mess hall kitchen as his bare feet tapdance across the floor, cooking up some nearly but not quite ripe enough leola root (he even likes his food young! The absolute manimal!) with a heapin side dish of screaming hot cattitude, fuckin replicators get fudged

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Yet however striking the homemade auto upholstered shitsuits may be, sex offenders in the 2030's are more immediately identified as sex creepers because that's when they first started putting dicktips on their noses when Judge Q of the post atomic horror era established his hit legal courtroom reality show "The U.S. Federal Justice System Presents... 'Punitive Amputations, Volume 3: Castration and Castigation - Classical Genital Mutilation and Modern Aykroydian Nasopenile Humiliations" and dicknose themed punishment took off like a rocket for the stars

The federation forgot about the significance of the dicknose, hence Neelix throwing in with those fuckers. Everyone else in the DQ sees that dick helmet with its peehole and knows you're a terrible cat person and pederast to boot with a lovely couch cover wardrobe, reeking of leola root and the kazon dookbricks he digs up from the sandy desert and uses to build his "ship" and like, for when he runs out of leola root and has to cook more leola root and now captain murdermom and the u.s.s. bipolar roller comes along and fucks up everyone and everything, and as a "sorry!" Captain mom q. killshit grabs you and your toddler bride (who keeps calling for her brotherhusbandfather which is probably you right? You trappedasked her to move in with you a year ago and nobpdy even remembers poo poo from when they're a year old right?) And drags you along for their ride which is better than having everyone hold save the children rallies every time you sneeze, right? These fedfuckers think you know something besides digging up turds from sand and sexual deviancy! Milk it catman. tooling around with these noobs is as good as it'll ever get because Existence is hell around here with anyone who knows the score, every interaction with the locals is a reminder that you're just a pitiful pile of perversions and the total opposite of that other Cat fella from the Red Dwarf, that dope smooth ladykiller with no pedophilic tendencies AT ALL, a cool Cat who never acts like a dork or macks on literal children or has his dickhead for a nose. But you, you pitiful tallaxian pederast? Fuuuuckkk existence is suffering and there is no afterlife

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Feb 26, 2018

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

The most amazing part of the Star Trek universe is the great morale of the phone pigs working in all the Planetary Call Centres that greet ships that rock up and respond to "just fuckin hail the whole planet"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

jake did

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Gotta say, Jake pulled off the most ridiculous poo poo from the get-go

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'd wear the hell out of that if it came in a plus size.

And had some sort of codpiece option.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

barbecue at the folks posted:

That looks like modular clothing. Like you're getting taller and you just add a segment to the middle or the top and you can keep wearing your favorite shirt for another few years.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

quark still wins galaxys best dressed humanoid, ferengi outfits are generally pretty cool but quark takes it to a whole nother level

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

there sure are a lot of vests and unitards in the future

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

barbecue at the folks posted:

lmfao

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

If I had money like Elon musk id blow half of it on a complete wardrobe of custom tailored quark suits for myself. Then I'd blow the rest on heroin to do whilst wearing my quark suits and giving ted talks on why the words "suck" and "dick" are so much fun to say and when I inevitably overdose and die at the one man burning man I held every weekend at sbarros my corpse would look like a million bars of gold pressed latinum, id look so good st. Peter's jaw would hit the floor when he saw me, eyes popped out like a cartoon wolf, and I'd flip him twin birds like the coolest cucumber in the produce section, cooly demanding he take me to the blessed exchequers place instead of this corny bland rear end hewmon afterlife

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Gatekeeper posted:

If I had money like Elon musk id blow half of it on a complete wardrobe of custom tailored quark suits for myself. Then I'd blow the rest on heroin to do whilst wearing my quark suits and giving ted talks on why the words "suck" and "dick" are so much fun to say and when I inevitably overdose and die at the one man burning man I held every weekend at sbarros my corpse would look like a million bars of gold pressed latinum, id look so good st. Peter's jaw would hit the floor when he saw me, eyes popped out like a cartoon wolf, and I'd flip him twin birds like the coolest cucumber in the produce section, cooly demanding he take me to the blessed exchequers place instead of this corny bland rear end hewmon afterlife

Sir, this is a Sonic Drive-In.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

And while st peter would hem and haw nervously, god wouldn't even hesitate, he'd just snap his godfingies and BLAMMO suddenly ferengi exist, *snap* again and KRAKOW! now their afterlife exists too, god just bangin out a bunch of star trek creationism just so id be able to spend eternity bouncing between there and stovokor

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

mycomancy posted:

Sir, this is a Sonic Drive-In.

where tf are your skates then pinkskin?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

And while st peter would hem and haw nervously, god wouldn't even hesitate, he'd just snap his godfingies and BLAMMO suddenly ferengi exist, *snap* again and KRAKOW! now their afterlife exists too, god just bangin out a bunch of star trek creationism just so id be able to spend eternity bouncing between there and stovokor

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i call my dingus "the continuum"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gatekeeper posted:

i call mine Harry and the Kimtones

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

"the sisko"

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I call mine Captain Pike

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

self sealing stembolt :dong:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

I refer to sex as "koon ut kal if fee" and i hum that dope fight music the whole time, thrusting along to the really intense parts, imagining I am in the grip of the ponn far, my bloodlust must be sated or else I will die of terminal fuckbrains, oh yeah that's what the women like, yowza

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i call mine Harry and the Kimtones

Long solo sessions and no avenue for advancement?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i call all women as well as each orifice upon the female form "tosk". and then, i go hunting

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

tosk is an acceptable term for boipuss also. as long as the hunt is good, all tosk is good tosk

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

I refer to sex as "koon ut kal if fee" and i hum that dope fight music the whole time, thrusting along to the really intense parts, imagining I am in the grip of the ponn far, my bloodlust must be sated or else I will die of terminal fuckbrains, oh yeah that's what the women like, yowza

I used to know a guy who claimed he would hum the music from the trench run in star wars whenever he'd go down on his girlfriend

we are no longer friends

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

geordi i think it might be a bad idea to do a weapons test next to the warp core

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Geordi takes any opportunity to do that diving bulkhead roll

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mulaney Power Move posted:

there sure are a lot of vests and unitards in the future

The 80s/90s costume designers were really killing it, I agree. It is a recognizable fashion trend, where you can see all the humans getting their leisure wear from the same popular sources. Yet it doesn't too closely ape any particular fashion trend in RL history. It's a ridiculous looking fashion trend, but then so were 70s leisure suits, ridiculous doesn't mean unrealistic.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

VectorSigma posted:

geordi i think it might be a bad idea to do a weapons test next to the warp core

I love how Kira was explaining how the Federation phaser rifle works, and how it has multi-target tracking and all of these cool assists, but you never see anyone use them. Also, they have shown that Phasers, even the hand held ones can do sustained fire capable of cutting through metal, but nobody ever uses them like a firehose, and just sawing limbs off of multiple enemies at a time.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Blistex posted:

I love how Kira was explaining how the Federation phaser rifle works, and how it has multi-target tracking and all of these cool assists, but you never see anyone use them. Also, they have shown that Phasers, even the hand held ones can do sustained fire capable of cutting through metal, but nobody ever uses them like a firehose, and just sawing limbs off of multiple enemies at a time.

You would think this would be something someone would think of tackling with modern vfx but nope they're just guns that shoot glowing bullets

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Tighclops posted:

You would think this would be something someone would think of tackling with modern vfx but nope they're just guns that shoot glowing bullets

Hell, the Star Trek version of space combat is pretty outdated by today's standards. I think it was "Forever War" which spend a few pages outlining space combat between drones and ships, and in the end it was describing events that took place in mere seconds. Firing 2-4 torpedoes every 4-5 seconds is something that would be laughable, while one of those Japanese anime shows where every fight is multiple volleys of hundred missiles would be more realistic. Also what good are phasers on ships if they are not used to intercept torpedoes. ST:2009 sort of had it right with the point-defense phasers, but even then it was relying on humans to control them.

I guess 2-4 second battles don't make for very entertaining TV.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's also super easy to justify having flashier space battles in fiction, if you even wanted to justify them in the first place. Just say that both sides ended up jamming each others' long range targeting systems, so they need to get into visual range to do some hardcore knife fights with warships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Future space battles would look like modern high frequency trading on wallstreet where you have a detached algorithm that throws mountains of junk at the target in oddly patterned sequences in hopes that the governing autonomous defensive systems hiccup while tracking the spew of incoming materiel and weaken for a zillionth of second.

And nobody would actually see any of this happen until their empire instantly collapsed or momentarily prospered.

Still probably makes for a better show than Voyager.