Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

campo militar is real good and it's a shame the chance of you getting a good circle with it is extremely rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

This tournament reminds me of the RB6 Siege ones. Great game, but hard to follow in a live esport setting with how the action goes from nothing to everything at once in multiple places.

I'm trying to improve at this game after half a year break, but am my own worst enemy still.
https://gfycat.com/EuphoricWaryBluejay
https://gfycat.com/FittingPlushIrishdraughthorse

This is the replay of when I depleted someone's health but he still killed me and stayed alive. Guess it's just my latency, but this stuff similar to this is why I stopped playing.
https://gfycat.com/BlissfulThornyGuanaco

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Yeah, I haven't played thousands of games in previous seasons. Nope, not at all. If the old seasons aren't on PUBG tracker, they never happened.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yeah, I haven't played thousands of games in previous seasons. Nope, not at all. If the old seasons aren't on PUBG tracker, they never happened.

I was wondering why you'd post your stats page when there is basically no data on it. I guess they froze it for the end of season or something?

New Zealand can eat me posted:

This is a bad take. The positional choices are quite interesting and I suspect you don't play at a high enough level to understand the thought process behind their choices or appreciate the #GameSense.

If that's the level of the discussion you want to have, well gently caress you too bro.

It would have been great if we could actually see a team making positional choices, but all I saw was rapid cuts between guys looting houses, and random cutouts of the map, while the commentators were describing the decisions the teams were making in great detail. Seriously, the commentators were great but I might as well be listening to a chess game on the radio.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

:words: From a casting perspective, the storytelling behind what Andy did is far more interesting than a bunch of ADHD rapid-fire cuts between every gunbattle.

I'd love to have been able to follow that "story" but unfortunately what was broadcast was a bunch of squads shooting at each other randomly interspersed by map shots.

The form of the game is by its nature unsuitable for broadcasting as video. If I could follow my favourite team, or jump between teams myself, this might be worthwhile to watch but I'm just not going to bother with it. I understand it's popular to watch right now, because a lot of people are still playing the game themselves, but without an actually good audience experience, the viewers will eventually get tired of it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

My point was that I've seen you say things like "matchmaking isn't real", "KDR is all that matters", "oh you're top 0.5%? that means nothing" which is kinda horseshit when you consider that you seem to play for the easy "placement" games and then sit out for the rest of the season. Grats on your 9KDR over 3 games a month ago though that sure is something.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

It wasn't sarcasm.. I'm just surprised that it's his account as I've seen him telling other people how to play and his only games are like 3 squad games per season

Not sure why anyone would be surprised.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

NtotheTC posted:

My point was that I've seen you say things like "matchmaking isn't real", "KDR is all that matters", "oh you're top 0.5%? that means nothing" which is kinda horseshit when you consider that you seem to play for the easy "placement" games and then sit out for the rest of the season. Grats on your 9KDR over 3 games a month ago though that sure is something.

I actually have been taking a break until China is banned. Nothing like making too 200 3 seasons in a row to lose it to cheaters.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AzureSkys posted:

This is the replay of when I depleted someone's health but he still killed me and stayed alive. Guess it's just my latency, but this stuff similar to this is why I stopped playing.
https://gfycat.com/BlissfulThornyGuanaco

i had one like this the other day.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

VulgarandStupid posted:

I actually have been taking a break until China is banned. Nothing like making too 200 3 seasons in a row to lose it to cheaters.

to back this up my squad is also taking a break until the ping locks come into place.

On competitive pubg; I played in the PUBG comp at PAX AUS last year and the issue with it is you'll never get away from people turtling the first 20 minutes of the game. Even in that low stakes no-money-only-glory arena, we landed Georgopol south - completely alone - and in the second round, Yasnaya, one other squad who landed the opposite end and legged it before the first circle.

20 minutes of setup is way too long to be interesting regardless of how much fun the last 10 minutes are to watch

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

It looks like PUBG followed the RGB trend. What would you say makes it any better?

RGB trend? Anyways, it looks like there's less loot goblining, <15 minute rounds, and a smaller more interesting map. The part of pubg I like is the tense combat, less so spending the first 5 - 10 minutes looting then hoping to run into people until we're down to the last few circles. The mid game has gotten really stale in pubg lately especially with the recent circle changes. I'm also hoping the devs are more competent than Bluehole, and there won't be nearly as much hacking. The only thing I saw during various streams that I didn't care for was there was no knocking in squads.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 26, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Communist Q posted:

RGB trend? Anyways, it looks like there's less loot goblining, <15 minute rounds, and a smaller more interesting map. The part of pubg I like is the tense combat, less so spending the first 5 - 10 minutes looting then hoping to run into people until we're down to the last few circles. The mid game has gotten really stale in pubg lately especially with the recent circle changes. I'm also hoping the devs are more competent than Bluehole, and there won't be nearly as much hacking. The only thing I saw during various streams that I didn't care for was there was no knocking in squads.

RGB = Red, Green, Blue, in reference to LEDS. There seems to be needless neon lights on clothes and weapons. There definitely won't be as much hacking, because the game will never be as popular as PUBG.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I too play 3 games and dip

jk, those were all the times I did TPP on accident this season

VulgarandStupid posted:

Come back to us next month/season, I haven't ran into nearly as many recoil-free death lasers this season

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sparticle posted:

Is this satire?

Sorry dude, I guess not all of us appreciate the genius of sitting behind a rock for 5 mins.

You might as well be bitching that soccer players dont score every minute

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Can you believe that rear end in a top hat just standing in the net? He hasn't even tried to score once

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

NtotheTC posted:

Why don't you just look to the side? You have a pretty wild imagination.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
pubg tracker also seems bad it says I haven't played an FP squad in over a month when thats all I play and it says I played a solo match a few seconds ago and I haven't played a solo match in months probably

some people pretty much only play with people they know are good or who they've played with a million times on discord also which can inflate your stats quite a bit compared to the average nerd here who just does rando squads with people who don't have mics or whatever

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 26, 2018

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i haven't played in 2 months

played my 2nd game

my ranking is now 1.337

i have to uninstall and never touch it now

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I work with software testing, it's a difficult thing to get right. Most likely the stuttering issue only occurs on certain GPUs or combinations of GPU and driver version, or particular chipsets or similar. It's probably not a combination they have in their test lab, so the bug slipped. (If they are doing testing right, they now have that combination in their lab.)
Yeah I'm a developer/creator-of-bugs myself, my point about them not testing properly wasn't really based on the fact that the bug I experienced slipped through per-se (understandable given that it was seemingly uncommon) it was more about the timing of one big patch quickly followed not one but several small ones, patches obviously made to fix problems introduced by big patch, and which themselves introduced a few themselves (including the bug I experienced).

It just made me question how tested the patches are, and the posts people made about their experiences playing test servers (where bluehole don't seem to be making use of the feedback they generate) do too.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Fuzz1111 posted:

Yeah I'm a developer/creator-of-bugs myself, my point about them not testing properly wasn't really based on the fact that the bug I experienced slipped through per-se (understandable given that it was seemingly uncommon) it was more about the timing of one big patch quickly followed not one but several small ones, patches obviously made to fix problems introduced by big patch, and which themselves introduced a few themselves (including the bug I experienced).

It just made me question how tested the patches are, and the posts people made about their experiences playing test servers (where bluehole don't seem to be making use of the feedback they generate) do too.

Surely you're not implying that an only 24 hour test period, especially when there are time zone and language barriers, is a bad idea.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Honestly I saw a lot of potential in the broadcasting of pubg. They had the possibility to show some great overhead shots, close ups of the map, etc. Obviously they didn't execute very well and it was quite a mess since the person(s) in charge of what was shown didn't seem to have a clue. However, they are of course inexperienced and probably understaffed and working with a poo poo setup.

I watched a lot of pro CS:GO and that used to also be a poo poo show when it came to spectating, missing most of the kills, and they only had to keep track of 10 players. Then all of a sudden the scene got very competent spectators and a proper production in place and the quality improved A LOT and honestly made it immensely more watchable. So I think it can be accepted that pro pubg production has a few birthing problems.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Feb 26, 2018

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Honestly I saw a lot of potential in the broadcasting of pubg. They had the possibility to show some great overhead shots, close ups of the map, etc. Obviously they didn't execute very well and it was quite a mess since the person(s) in charge of what was shown didn't seem to have a clue. However, they are of course inexperienced and probably understaffed and working with a poo poo setup.

I watched a lot of pro CS:GO and that used to also be a poo poo show when it came to spectating, missing most of the kills, and they only had to keep track of 10 players. Then all of a sudden the scene got very competent spectators and a proper production in place and the quality improved A LOT and honestly made it immensely more watchable. So I think it can be accepted that pro pubg production has a few birthing problems.

The entertainment aspect needs a lot of work. The first 10 minutes can only be exciting to the most hardcore Lootgoblins. The observation tools need a lot of work, and the streaming model needs to be updated so viewers can follow their favorite team.

The viewer count was pretty bad at 35k, and that's not going to change unless the figure out how to keep people watching.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
maybe pubg is a poo poo esport and that is okay

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

i haven't played in 2 months

played my 2nd game

my ranking is now 1.337

i have to uninstall and never touch it now

I still need to upload that clip of the guy who was most definitely playing with a controller trying to kill me from two feet away and strafing back and forth and missing everything and i just reloaded a vss of all things and just killed him lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

maybe pubg is a poo poo esport and that is okay

it's this.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Yeah pubg is probably not the best concept for an e-sport to begin with, at least not in it's current format where there is nothing happening for 20 minutes culminating in a clusterfuck of pseudo-randomness in the last 10. It's also hard to build up a narrative if the power can shift drastically and at random with a circle update.

Also this game will never be exiting to watch if the spectating cam isn't showing 1:1 what the player is seeing. You will never properly be able to see the players skill and get hyped by a sick play if the crosshair we see is only a general idea of where they were aiming a split second ago.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Also this game will never be exiting to watch if the spectating cam isn't showing 1:1 what the player is seeing. You will never properly be able to see the players skill and get hyped by a sick play if the crosshair we see is only a general idea of where they were aiming a split second ago.

I'm imagining now some overly complex workaround for this problem... Video capture for every player, feeding into a video mixer with 64 inputs (!). The camera observer person will switch the audience video between the streams from each player and a freelook cam/map (that's 65 and possibly 66). It would show the real gameplay apart from the freelook cam, but it's probably a pipe dream.

The real fix: Make the game logic work server-side. Would fix 99% of the issues with this game, including this. (Would probably introduce hilarious amounts of new issues, too!)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
New dearsomeone highlight video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uno1OOvX5sU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I live for these videos.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I live for these videos.

I don't really like the screecher segment they had in there, but the rest of it was pretty good.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I'm imagining now some overly complex workaround for this problem... Video capture for every player, feeding into a video mixer with 64 inputs (!).

I think they actually were capturing all the players. After the matches, they would show highlight clips of players, and it even included team comms. Would be super interesting to see an edited mix like that.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I'm imagining now some overly complex workaround for this problem... Video capture for every player, feeding into a video mixer with 64 inputs (!). The camera observer person will switch the audience video between the streams from each player and a freelook cam/map (that's 65 and possibly 66). It would show the real gameplay apart from the freelook cam, but it's probably a pipe dream.

This makes the most sense to me but maybe assign one or two camera people per squad and have then as on the ground observer ghosts with a skycam dude overhead. I think it's nice to have cameras that are not floating in the sky but in the poo poo almost like a real combat photographer dodging bullets and what not....

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Just got the Faux leather jacket drop from a new crate.........and I still have 6 days to wait because I only just put on mobile authentication. The price has dropped $200 since last night, and by Sunday will probably be floored....gently caress!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Got 4 fpp squad dinners back to back, then 2 more between top 10 finishes! Ended up with a 1949 rating this season. I highlighted it if you want to watch 5 hours of PUBG for some reason.

We generally played like bitches, dropped alone, then went to extremes to position ourselves opposite the plane path. Other than when crates pulled squads out of position, it worked surprisingly well. Ended up moving between 6.5 and 12km every single game. It does get kind of boring sometimes, I almost prefer hot dropping solo squads for entertainment, its too bad that isn't a separate leaderboard somehow. Maybe they'll address that before Season 3??

Some of the tastier wins
Snapped through smoke
When they have to come you, go to them anyways
Big juke around cover
The classic callout, "He's there!"

Does anyone use separate keys for vault only/jump? I kept jumping into window sills today and it was driving me nuts https://clips.twitch.tv/ImportantSincerePlumPlanking

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 27, 2018

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Oh my God lol

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Killer_Bees! posted:

Just got the Faux leather jacket drop from a new crate.........and I still have 6 days to wait because I only just put on mobile authentication. The price has dropped $200 since last night, and by Sunday will probably be floored....gently caress!

Hope you've purchased something longer than 30 days ago and more recently than 1 year ago. Because that's the next thing they hit me with after I set up 2FA.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

highme posted:

Hope you've purchased something longer than 30 days ago and more recently than 1 year ago. Because that's the next thing they hit me with after I set up 2FA.

thankfully done with the other parts just need to wait till Sunday now!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

RIP to Season 2, I had my best season this time, despite seeing more cheaters in FPP. We ended up smoking a bunch of Auzom open league teams in random pub games which was a lot of fun.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

You're definitely killing Premier League nerds too, there's a whole list of em here https://pubg.auzom.gg/scoreboard/apl2-na/

Has your squad ever tried Auzom Open League? I think we might give it a rip

E: looking through the rules, they list the server settings: No Cosmetic Drops, 1.5x AR drop on both maps, and 1.25x Scopes for Miramar. That seems a lot more fun

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 27, 2018

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
How do you get so good at this game? Please teach me the ways of getting more than a lovely 1KD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.

Le0 posted:

How do you get so good at this game? Please teach me the ways of getting more than a lovely 1KD

https://youtu.be/_W0dxNHH6yI

Just punch people to death.