Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I bought the x because I have brain damage

I just got one today. And I have a PS4 pro. I’m truly the dumbest mark alive.

I had a launch xbone though so I wanted something with HDR and whatnot. It has be n OS updating for like 40 minutes. Hopefully X is gonna give it to me soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/965979749427417088

Only the hottest movie tie-in games for GwG

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

$69 in value? Nice.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh boy, two games I already own on steam, a dumb trials expansion and a movie game. Why would they bother making a movie tie in BC?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

SuperHot is good so the more people that get to play it the better imo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Super Hot alone makes it worth it. Although the regular version is just really good while the VR version is amazing.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

veni veni veni posted:

Super Hot alone makes it worth it.

You could just buy yourself Superhot for $20 and save yourself $infinity staying subscribed to Xbox Live.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

You could just buy yourself Superhot for $20 and save yourself $infinity staying subscribed to Xbox Live.

I guess you can also drop $199 on a PSVR set (which is the price right now) and also get the Superhot+Superhot VR bundle that's on sale on PSN right now, to cover all versions of the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Finster Dexter posted:

I already bought it comboed with the VR version for glorious Nippon console and I don't sub to xbox live. Thanks for the hot tip though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super hot vr is cool cause you cant sit on the floor and all the enemies cant handle you taking them out with crotch shots

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

my Gold expired two days ago and now I don't feel so bad about it, especially now that I have Crazy Taxi for free, the best game ever released for any of the Xboxes.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Really confused why you guys are mad about free games??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BrownieVK posted:

The same 5 dollars gets you goty knack

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
free*

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

It's ok... SuperHot ALL BY ITSELF makes it worth it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I had a PSN sub for a year. On the whole the PSN "free" games were of better quality. But I wasn't going to keep a $50 a year sub to access my FREE games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You'll be back for knack 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
On the whole I don't think either one is worth it just for the free games. But for the most part a console that can't play online is worthless to me so I'm getting some extra poo poo for something I'd be begrudgingly paying for anyways. PS+ discounts on paid games are more valuable than the free games imo. I save easily enough a year to cover the whole subscription.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Most of my friends play Xbox so that’s how I choose to play online. The PSN sub was free when I bought the console. The perceived value of their free games was not enough for me to continue paying.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Cool, Vanquish is back compatible.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh hey, Xcom 2 just got an Xbox One X patch.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Coq au Nandos posted:

Oh hey, Xcom 2 just got an Xbox One X patch.

1440p according to the patch notes, very nice (& a ton of other fixes)

https://xcom.com/news/entries/xcom-2-war-of-the-chosen-patch-ps4-xbox-one-console-update

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have tried that game many times and it is so anxiety inducing, and depressing, because I think I have a good strategy and then a shot misses and half my team is loving slaughtered.

I saw that rainbow six siege is getting quite a number of updates and going strong. How is this game to get in to at this point for a total newcomer? Is it easy to play on Xbox with total strangers, and is it easy to actually do well if you don’t have lightning fast CS:GO reflexes?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blind Rasputin posted:

I saw that rainbow six siege is getting quite a number of updates and going strong. How is this game to get in to at this point for a total newcomer? Is it easy to play on Xbox with total strangers, and is it easy to actually do well if you don’t have lightning fast CS:GO reflexes?

It's easy to get into because you'll be matched with other low level players, of which there are still tons.

I play solely with strangers and do fine. Only high level ranked players demand voice communication. (I'm gold 2 and no one uses mics still)

Reflexes... that's when the game gets harder for newbies. You have to react quickly, be able to outsmart people on the fly, and you have to be able to hear people coming, or hear them hiding. A good headset is basically mandatory. Not knowing the maps or the quirks of the game will lead to a lot of deaths early on.

It's my fav FPS of all time and it's amazing to see it just keep growing in popularity.

edit: here's what you can expect from high level players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmp4ZkKnRHA

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 21, 2018

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This video has sold me on Kingdom Come more than anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFnijnPYGU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Agents of Mayhem is $15.50 with the Deals with Gold.

Jesus it would cost about $8 just to Redbox it. I feel like I can get $12.50 out of a superhero sandbox game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Beastie posted:

Agents of Mayhem is $15.50 with the Deals with Gold.

Jesus it would cost about $8 just to Redbox it. I feel like I can get $12.50 out of a superhero sandbox game.

Actually I flat out bought it from redbox about 3 months ago for 4.99 :v:

I still haven't even put the disc in

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This video has sold me on Kingdom Come more than anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFnijnPYGU

What? Why would you want to spend $60 on such a buggy mess? That video convinced me to not buy this for at least a year while they work out these bugs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

That game looks a lot like Witcher 3. Did they use some of the same assets?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wasn't totally serious, I'll wait for several patches too. It looks interesting but way too much micro-managing, you have to bathe, eat, etc.

Beastie posted:

That game looks a lot like Witcher 3. Did they use some of the same assets?

Probably not, it's on Cryengine, but they did list Witcher 3 as an inspiration (shocker).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

way too much micro-managing, you have to bathe, eat, etc.

This is technically true of every game.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Blind Rasputin posted:

I have tried that game many times and it is so anxiety inducing, and depressing, because I think I have a good strategy and then a shot misses and half my team is loving slaughtered.

I just got the game last week and I'm not finding it too bad. The playerbase runs the gamut from mouth-breathing tards to uber-tryhards but it mostly does a good job of matching you with similarly skilled players. Just stick with your team and shoot mans, you'll get the hang of it. A decent headset is definitely a must though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BrownieVK posted:

It's all they have, really. They were... they were once men. /cobracommander

Looking forward to Superhot.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Why would I buy superhit when i can just touch my stove good going gates

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Finally got around to buying a 4k panel yesterday.....holy poo poo, life changed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rime is teling your grandma you want Kung Fun Panda for christmas but she gets you Karate Panda Hero instead, except with Ico

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I won a free copy of Battlefront 2 yesterday and I gotta say it looks loving beautiful in 4K.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I was forced to use my old Xbox on a 1080p tv upstairs to play Monster Hunter after a cat chewed through my X's HDMI cord.

Holy poo poo it was bad. Framerate was garbage everything looked fuzzy the load times were unbearable I felt like my dude was covered in molasses or something. I never realized how drat good of an improvement the Xbonx was until last night.
That or the OG bone really is a big ol turd lol.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Why didn't you just swap HDMI cables, or move your Bonx upstairs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

X needs hdmi 2.1 or whatever right