Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Games › League of Legends Season 8: Perhaps if you spent as much time keeping your young pretty wife sexually happy as you did playing Support Brand this situation could have been avoided...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

my support xerath winstreak comes to an abrupt end thanks to the invulnerable ninja....

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

If there’s one kind of flame I can get behind, it’s this

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

talon

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I want to thank whichever goon it was who decided to make a list of fun and good off meta supports for me. I tried Poppy, and she is a blast, but I am just poo poo with her. Trundle, though, Trundle is the poo poo. He is a blast to play, keeps getting stronger throughout the game, and neuters enemy Nasus's and Garens in team fights. I won four out of 6 ranked games with him, and those games had a troll and a smurf booster.

The only small issue I have is that with all the poke support out there, he has a weak early laning phase. but then they get cocky and I wall them under my tower and chomp their poo poo.

Also. Do you guys ever ban your teammates picks in solo queue? I had some guy rage because he had first picke and hovered Teemo. I knew the other team would just counter with a Pantheon or J4 or something, so I banned him. The rage. Every one on the team said they'd report. We won, though, so gently caress them.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

Also. Do you guys ever ban your teammates picks in solo queue? I had some guy rage because he had first picke and hovered Teemo. I knew the other team would just counter with a Pantheon or J4 or something, so I banned him. The rage. Every one on the team said they'd report. We won, though, so gently caress them.

no because that is bastard poo poo and completely destroys team morale and potentially kicks people off their 1trick. never do this

Japex
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

pog boyfriend posted:

no because that is bastard poo poo and completely destroys team morale and potentially kicks people off their 1trick. never do this

when i see ashe jungle or like sona adc i'm banning their pick. best case scenario is they emoquit the game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I will ban my pubbie teammates out of dumb poo poo like Support Teemo every single loving time at this point, letting them play it out has never once resulted in a successful game for me.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i am not talking about obviously terrible gimmick builds, if you see someone who plays a champion that is suboptimal you never ban it, there is a very reasonable chance they pick these things because they are familiar with them. when the guy said he is banning teemo top because pantheon counters teemo, that is bastard poo poo. you can make the same argument for like, anything that is not in the top 3 winrate percentage for the role.

E: for real, how would you guys that pick stuff like yorick or morgana mid feel if some guy banned your pick and said "play sion or voli top and ahri or fizz mid"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

i am not talking about obviously terrible gimmick builds, if you see someone who plays a champion that is suboptimal you never ban it, there is a very reasonable chance they pick these things because they are familiar with them. when the guy said he is banning teemo top because pantheon counters teemo, that is bastard poo poo. you can make the same argument for like, anything that is not in the top 3 winrate percentage for the role.

E: for real, how would you guys that pick stuff like yorick or morgana mid feel if some guy banned your pick and said "play sion or voli top and ahri or fizz mid"

can't believe my team isn't quinn it to win it...

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

a medical mystery posted:

can't believe my team isn't quinn it to win it...

i will poo poo talk quinn for hours but if someone wants to play it i will wait for them to prove me wrong.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Also like, people in this game can be pretty fuckin spiteful, if you ban their pick it might not end super good for you if they decide to int or something. But it's mostly just a dick move, especially in normals. Even in ranked, I don't think if you ban Teemo your support trying to play Teemo is gonna go "aw man better bust out my 100% winrate Braum then I guess", they'll probably just be even worse with something dumber.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 26, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I had a Wukong mid who absolutely dumpstered the enemy team one game, like "9/0/1 at 15 minutes" dumpstered. If someone's picking something weird and I can at least imagine a universe where it could work, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if someone hardcore mains a champion they probably know how to play against that champion's counters. that doesnt mean theyre some secret pro whos gonna turn the game on its head just that a teemo main probably knows how to play safe against pantheon.

also every champion has counters and teemo is the 4th highest win rate top laner as of right now.

also his win rate against pantheon is 49.50%. truly a devastating counter

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

If they pick something vulnerable like that, why not be a bro and ban one of their counters instead of tilting your own teammate in champ select?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Intentionally doing things that put your team mates at a high tilt risk is a great way to tank your win rate in solo queue, IME

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
If I can win that’s great but if I can make a yasuo main unhappy for 45 minutes that’s better.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i played with a quinn main last night and he did pretty well after getting trashed by sion in lane, which surprised me. our mid yasuo was sadly 3/22 at the end of the match but we almost won!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just say you didn’t see the hover and ‘always ban’ that champ. They will fluff about how they are indeed op and not rage

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I never ban someone's champ unless they want something that's super OP and they're picking like last.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Matt Lindland posted:

If I can win that’s great but if I can make a yasuo main unhappy for 45 minutes that’s better.

Always Ban A Samurai, or ABAS for short.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
If I can make a Riven main cry for 45+ minutes, my life is complete.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Weird reversal of fortune: the new AP items were a big shot in the arm for support Lux, driving her average winrate up to 48% from 44.5% last patch, whereas mid Lux got loving shredded by the changes (46% from 49% last patch).

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Vermain posted:

Weird reversal of fortune: the new AP items were a big shot in the arm for support Lux, driving her average winrate up to 48% from 44.5% last patch, whereas mid Lux got loving shredded by the changes (46% from 49% last patch).

Morello's first was great on Lux, none of the new choices are quite as good :/

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

drat now 50% of the skins in the game are unplayable :/

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vermain posted:

I had a Wukong mid who absolutely dumpstered the enemy team one game, like "9/0/1 at 15 minutes" dumpstered. If someone's picking something weird and I can at least imagine a universe where it could work, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Were they against an AD assassin? Wukong mid is a very strong counterpick into those.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Vermain posted:

The only site that has her that low is op.gg, and all the builds with ludens first seem to be doing fine. I guess a ton of people in korea are building archangels or something??

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people surrender quicker on KR so a champ that likes longer games will perform worse if i had to guess

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
One Weird Trick To Get People To Dodge Ranked For You (i hovered swain)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monicro posted:

One Weird Trick To Get People To Dodge Ranked For You (i hovered swain)

sorry "the rudest boy" but ballsack 2 was actually more rude this game. change your summoner name immediately

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
My name either brings out the best or worst in people, sometimes people I'll say something and people will be like "hey you're not the rudest boy at all" and ill be happy, and sometimes people will start yelling slurs at me to prove that they are the rudest boy and i get less happy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Super interesting experimental change on the PBE:

I think it's a good way of cutting down on shield bloat. Might end up changing its build priority in a weird way, since this incarnation's only really good for comps that want to have a sit-down fight and can benefit from the damage reduction.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monicro posted:

My name either brings out the best or worst in people, sometimes people I'll say something and people will be like "hey you're not the rudest boy at all" and ill be happy, and sometimes people will start yelling slurs at me to prove that they are the rudest boy and i get less happy

The Social Experiment

strong bird
May 12, 2009

my big problem with playing tanky melee supports right now is that their items are pretty boring, they don't make your own (already rather boring) spells much better like the wizard supports do. locket is one of them that's sort of more fun to use so I hope they dont make it useless for an aggressive boy like me

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

my big problem with playing tanky melee supports right now is that their items are pretty boring, they don't make your own (already rather boring) spells much better like the wizard supports do. locket is one of them that's sort of more fun to use so I hope they dont make it useless for an aggressive boy like me

if you think the items are boring get an infinity edge. now that is interesting

strong bird
May 12, 2009

hitting critically is pretty fun but ive never been a big fan of the clicker class of hero

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

hitting critically is pretty fun but ive never been a big fan of the clicker class of hero

build tank support standard items but 4th item get an infinity edge and never explain why to your team, just keep saying "dont worry about it" if they ask

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Tank supports had a great run for like a month but now it's back to spamming targeted poke on Janna, Nami and Lulu until the enemy ADC gets bored and goes afk so botlane is poo poo again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Camel Camus posted:

Tank supports had a great run for like a month but now it's back to spamming targeted poke on Janna, Nami and Lulu until the enemy ADC gets bored and goes afk so botlane is poo poo again.

counterpoint, easily crushing gay archers and gunwomen with powerful long range abilities until they go afk is very fun for me, the powerful wizard