Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He actually got his start in the industry working on the original The Tick cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
And Ben Edlund's written a few Venture Bros. episodes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think he and Edlund were roommates a long time ago, do I have that right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are all sorts of weird stories about pre-famous people living together. Although the one that would probably been the coolest to hang out at would have to be the period that Paul Rudd, Adam Scott and Jon Hamm all lived together.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite is Bruce Campbell babysitting Sam Raimi's bro Ted Raimi.

George Dubya Bush and David Milch were fraternity brothers at Yale.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 25, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this! posted:

There are all sorts of weird stories about pre-famous people living together. Although the one that would probably been the coolest to hang out at would have to be the period that Paul Rudd, Adam Scott and Jon Hamm all lived together.

Like how Tommy Lee Jones and Al Gore were college roommates and apparently Jones was "the sensible one"?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I went to check if the AV Club was reviewing the Tick and they dropped all six reviews in one night? I wonder if they just did them all when the first half aired or if they’re trying a new thing. They've always kind of struggled with how to do recaps for streaming shows that drop all at once.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn I forgot how great Atlanta is

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah Atlanta had one of the best debut seasons of this decade so far imo. Can't wait for it to come back. Calling thread dibs.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ash vs ED is back tonight with a bang.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Anybody here like the Eric Andre show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They better! :mad:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
In a just millennial-ruled world Eric Andre gets the late night job instead of Colbert (who as a consequence remains good + funny) and just spends 15 minutes every night screaming and making GBS threads himself in front of disgruntled + confused old white people

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I just gave my mom and dad access to my Hulu only to get them to watch Eric Andre

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah my dads a big fan tbf, still never "got" tim and Eric tho

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
It’ll always blow my mind how much I can love Eric Andre and not be into Tim and Eric.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqRLDaKexe0

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
incidentally, is Our Cartoon President as unfunny as I immediately assumed it'd be

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

DivisionPost posted:

It’ll always blow my mind how much I can love Eric Andre and not be into Tim and Eric.

I'm the exact same way. gently caress Tim and Eric

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

I'm the same. I had friends who assumed I didn't get the humor of Tim and Eric. I got it, but I didn't find it hilarious. Meanwhile I love the poo poo out of Eric Andre.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In our lifetimes, ranch will be legalized.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Punkin Spunkin posted:

incidentally, is Our Cartoon President as unfunny as I immediately assumed it'd be

Honestly I've found it pretty good, it got a season pass from me. It kind of feels like when Colbert used to be involved in a lot of Adult Swim stuff, Venture Brothers especially.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gonz posted:

In our lifetimes, ranch will be legalized.
Only after 311 has been investigated!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DivisionPost posted:

Well it's not really that complicated, Tim and Eric aren't that funny.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Only after 311 has been investigated!

311 was investigated successfully at the end of the last season, though!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Re-watching a few clips from The Leftovers. What a terrific show with a beautiful soundtrack. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was worried about watching Joel McHale's Netflix show after the chat about it earlier in this thread, but I watched the two episodes out and really liked it, it feels like it picked up right where The Soup left off. I suppose if you didn't watch / like The Soup or you don't enjoy smirking commentary on bad TV shows then it won't be your thing, but then again, why would you expect it to in that case.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still don't find most of McHale's host banter funny, but in both episodes the amazing clips and pre-taped segments have made it worth it.

That Pizza Ghost segment was soooooooo bad though man

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Anybody here like the Eric Andre show?

They just showed a special episode filmed in France. Kind of disappointing that it's all we get after over a year wait.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

That Pizza Ghost segment was soooooooo bad though man

I was laughing my rear end off during the Pizza Ghost segment. Not because the Pizza Ghost was funny, but because they apparently didn’t do a rehearsal with the fog machine and it completely obscured the two of them for a good thirty seconds.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

lelandjs posted:

I was laughing my rear end off during the Pizza Ghost segment. Not because the Pizza Ghost was funny, but because they apparently didn’t do a rehearsal with the fog machine and it completely obscured the two of them for a good thirty seconds.

Same here. It was so amateurish (exactly what I want from this show) that was it funny as hell.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

I was worried about watching Joel McHale's Netflix show after the chat about it earlier in this thread, but I watched the two episodes out and really liked it, it feels like it picked up right where The Soup left off. I suppose if you didn't watch / like The Soup or you don't enjoy smirking commentary on bad TV shows then it won't be your thing, but then again, why would you expect it to in that case.

The Soup is very polarizing for reasons I can understand but you'd think by now people would know one way or the other whether the trashiest moments on the bachelor or the real housewives of Duluth is their thing or not.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The clips are always great but man why doesn’t anyone writing Joel’s commentary ever try and be funny??

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

The clips are always great but man why doesn’t anyone writing Joel’s commentary ever try and be funny??

Humor is subjective.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's also an extremely low effort show. I doubt they spend more than 5 minutes per line.

Hell even the sound on the show is cheap. You can hear the audio compression on it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

bull3964 posted:

It's also an extremely low effort show. I doubt they spend more than 5 minutes per line.

Hell even the sound on the show is cheap. You can hear the audio compression on it.

Haha. Thank God. I thought it was just me being really picky.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Lip sync, especially on the clips, has been pretty bad too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God drat the latest High Maintenence was really sad and good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhsFEgsI5U

Michael Shannon and MBJ? Sign me the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhsFEgsI5U

Michael Shannon and MBJ? Sign me the gently caress up

That dialogue though, woof.

e: before I come off as an rear end in a top hat I assume that's not poo poo lifted directly from the book, because I do not remember a word of it