Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

It's strange that koalas aren't considered bears, they're completely koalified.

Edit: whatever they're doing with those browned bananas in the pan looks good and would probably elicit a "would" from me.

Bananas foster? It's way more delicious than it looks! My mom used them as an excuse to constantly have brandy in the house "just in case we need to throw a dinner party!". Sometimes she'd toss some toasted coconut or chopped pecans in there, and it looked like a horrible accident but it tasted like heaven served in a crepe with cream.

Come to think of it, my mom only made those when we had fondue parties with the other USAF officers and their wives.

Oh.

Oh god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
We do have ranch here, at least in Doritos form. In Spain I believe it's called cream cheese flavor?

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012
In southern Germany and Austria a few years ago, I remember seeing this creamy white salad dressing that had herbs in it. Not exactly ranch, but not that far off from the better versions of it (the ones that are either made with the powder packet, or are made totally from scratch).

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im sure this has been brought up one billion times on sa but there is a world of difference between the 'ranch' you get at most places, which is vegetable-oil based so as to be shelf stable, and fresh ranch dressing mixed from milk, mayo and spices

comparing them isn't really even fair

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TurboTax posted:

In southern Germany and Austria a few years ago, I remember seeing this creamy white salad dressing that had herbs in it. Not exactly ranch, but not that far off from the better versions of it (the ones that are either made with the powder packet, or are made totally from scratch).

Ranch on my jaeger schnitzel? What ever happened to purity laws?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Just saw this. Guess where I thought of before I even finished the article?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/5010...44bb5-203478525

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Pic on the left is now my favorite because they decorated the banana with the thingy usually seen decorating chicken/turkey legs. I love it.

I was one of the obnoxious carbonara purists, but I was hungry, had leftover pastor meat and zero will to go outside, and I ended up making a carbonara al pastor. It was good.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Triscuits posted:

Top with cottage cheese, peas, and peppermint

:wtc:

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

That's how you become NewSkinnyMike.
(Because you don't eat it.)

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Every flavour of Triscuit is delicious in its own way so I'd trust the venerable chefs at Nabisco on this.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That sounds perfectly fine to me. Mint and peas go together extremely well if you're light handed with the mint, obv. I have all the ingredients, I should test this. I'm high enough to be a perfectly biased judge.

E. It tasted like Toms of Maine toothpaste scooped up with stale barn floor sweepings. My dog went loving nuts over it though so eh.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 02:12 on Feb 27, 2018

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

fizzymercy posted:

Bananas foster? It's way more delicious than it looks! My mom used them as an excuse to constantly have brandy in the house "just in case we need to throw a dinner party!". Sometimes she'd toss some toasted coconut or chopped pecans in there, and it looked like a horrible accident but it tasted like heaven served in a crepe with cream.

Come to think of it, my mom only made those when we had fondue parties with the other USAF officers and their wives.

Oh.

Oh god.

Upgrade your bananas foster game by making it with plantains. Firmer texture, sweet but not cloying. :discourse:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pleads posted:

Every flavour of Triscuit is delicious in its own way so I'd trust the venerable chefs at Nabisco on this.

Every flavor of triscuit is like going down on a haystack

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

like going down on a haystack

New thread title.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
One of my best memories of my trip to New Orleans was this ridiculous bananas foster I had, I forget where I had it because drunk, but oh my god it was transcendent and I will not stop until I find it again next time I go

13Pandora13 posted:

Upgrade your bananas foster game by making it with plantains. Firmer texture, sweet but not cloying. :discourse:

I want this inside of me immediately I fuckin love plantains

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

no thank you

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It's funny, I love triscuits but I hate it when there's anything on them. Triscuits are best nude. No accessories.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Cracked Black Pepper and Olive oil Triscuits are loving divine. You have to really like pepper though because they are not stingy with the pepper on those.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's funny, I love triscuits but I hate it when there's anything on them. Triscuits are best nude. No accessories.

Dip them in raaaaaanch :btroll:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

empty sea posted:

Cracked Black Pepper and Olive oil Triscuits are loving divine. You have to really like pepper though because they are not stingy with the pepper on those.

I eat the gently caress out if those, but I like the cheez-whiz canned cheese stuff on them. Sharp cheddar.... I'm obviously not well :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

I eat the gently caress out if those, but I like the cheez-whiz canned cheese stuff on them. Sharp cheddar.... I'm obviously not well :(

hell, same

:randstare:

(:negative:)

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Don't play, that's a tumor, isn't it

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Randaconda posted:

hell, same

:randstare:

(:negative:)

Hey now don't you feel shame about Easy Cheeze. That poo poo makes awful boring things edible, delicious even. Every person who claims they haven't tried or wouldn't try a leaning tower of Cheez-a is a dirty liar.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

empty sea posted:

Yeah, those are good, so are the Rosemary and Olive Oil, but my favorites are the Rye and Caraway Seed ones :yum:

Zipperelli. posted:

Cream cheese for me, specifically Philadelphia's Jalapeno or salmon varieties.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Triscuits and EZ Cheez are essentials for long road trips.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sweet As Sin posted:

Pic on the left is now my favorite because they decorated the banana with the thingy usually seen decorating chicken/turkey legs. I love it.

I was one of the obnoxious carbonara purists, but I was hungry, had leftover pastor meat and zero will to go outside, and I ended up making a carbonara al pastor. It was good.

Now that you've pointed this one out, all I can see is this:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Edit: Failed edit attempt :saddowns:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Pookah posted:

Now that you've pointed this one out, all I can see is this:

hehehehe

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The fig&honey triscuits are great with a nice blue cheese

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nothing sadder than failed dalkdoritang.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I love Triscuits!

A friend from high school had even worse food parents than I did; they convinced him that Ritz crackers were cookies until he went to preschool and realized the lie at snacktime.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Don't play, that's a tumor, isn't it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Cakefarts Carol posted:

The fig&honey triscuits are great with a nice blue cheese

omg thx for the inspo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this annoys the gently caress out of me

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Randaconda posted:

this annoys the gently caress out of me

It's the same loving seasoning you twerp! Now I'm angry, thanks.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I'm the two kinds of sugar with exactly nothing in the way of sour or spicy to balance it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yawgmoth posted:

I'm the two kinds of sugar with exactly nothing in the way of sour or spicy to balance it.

I'm the loving green beans

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Randaconda posted:

I'm the loving green beans

you don't belong in chili!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

fizzymercy posted:

Oh.

Oh god.

use rum for bananas foster