Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I seem to be getting way, way more failures on even 10% or 5% failure rate survey things. That or I've been uncharacteristically unlucky for three games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Gyshall posted:

upgrade all defense platforms button when

Starbase manager like fleet manager would be great.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

lol I have twelve systems loaded with resources that I can't use because two separate maruaders are going through them every time they raid someone.

edit: Make that 20.

double edit: And I've been the target of a raid 4 times now.

Ignorant Hick fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 27, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man, steam reviewers for paradox games seem like extra pissy babies compared to other games.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Ignorant Hick posted:

lol I have twelve systems loaded with resources that I can't use because two separate maruaders are going through them every time they raid someone.

edit: Make that 20.

double edit: And I've been the target of a raid 4 times now.

Is it your buddy Marauder Shields? Maybe you can appeal to his good nature.

For sure though the marauders running around blowing things up with impunity is super irritating, especially since they often have fleet strengths you won't until almost the end of the game. You can also completely break them by getting them to attack empires that are really far away so that it takes years for their ships to get to a target (assuming they ever do) then return. The only way I've reliably been able to stop them is by buying them myself or just hiring one of their fleets and camping out in the problem area. Both are really expensive options though.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, I try to keep an eye for whenever they're available for hire but this is absurd. A third of my systems are a dead weight because these raider fleets use them as highways.

I have fleets from 3 separate marauder groups in my borders right now.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Marauders on a route to raid someone seem to ignore any route with an FTL inhibitor in it, to the point ive seen raider fleets just chilling out in the middle of nowhere because they cant go back the way they came.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Marauders have done absolutely nothing in my game. No raids, no communication, nothing. They just sit in their little 3-system territory and don't bother anyone.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The part of my territory near the galactic core used to be a huge route for marauders because it had two wormholes in it. Then the great khan spawned as the marauders who had been using that route, and now it's abandoned.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wait, these purging pops aren't providing any energy? WTF?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's broken.

All purge harvesting, that is. They are unhappy about being purged so they aren't producing any resources.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Because they're so unhappy with being purged that they refuse to work.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Pretty sure that's a bug.

Is something off with Fallen Empires awakening due to relative power now? It's 2429 in my game and none of the FEs have awoken yet. By now I've far eclipsed their power and if I wasn't a Pacifist I might go conquer one of them. Seems like Pacifist really limits your options when you're too powerful to declare rivals (which is required for enforce ideology).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

puppets freak me out posted:

Because they're so unhappy with being purged that they refuse to work.

How in the ever-loving gently caress did something that fundamental make it through QC?

Also I really wish there was an option to terraform a planet into a Tomb World without requiring any actual terraforming technologies.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Magil Zeal posted:

Pretty sure that's a bug.

Is something off with Fallen Empires awakening due to relative power now? It's 2429 in my game and none of the FEs have awoken yet. By now I've far eclipsed their power and if I wasn't a Pacifist I might go conquer one of them. Seems like Pacifist really limits your options when you're too powerful to declare rivals (which is required for enforce ideology).

yeah my militarist faction is upset I don't have any rivals but it's because I was such a good militarist I don't border anyone that meets the criteria :(

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

A fallen empire just tasked me with stopping the atrocities of a determined exterminator.

I wish I could, friendly fallen empire! But my only CB is "containment"! And they own half the galaxy so with the current war exhaustion system I don't think I'll be stopping them anytime soon.

I really miss the good guy war goals. "Change Ideology" is a fantastic CB but "stop atrocities" and actually liberating portions of an empire, for when a war to the death isn't an option, would be great to bring back.

Though now that I think about it... I'm nearing the end of the end of the unity tree and it's only 2380. I can keep up with science by spamming habitats if I need to. Maybe I should just go on a massive conquering spree against all the evil in the galaxy.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also I really wish there was an option to terraform a planet into a Tomb World without requiring any actual terraforming technologies.

Step 1. Make sure it's an enemy planet.
Step 2. Set Orbital Bombardment to Armageddon
Step 3. Wait.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
https://imgur.com/a/8f7hu

I wanted to disable default empires because I never used them, so in their place I decided to make 25 custom empires, which could all potentially spawn in my next run. I decided to share in case anyone wants some inspiration for their galactic neighborhood.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Eiba posted:

A fallen empire just tasked me with stopping the atrocities of a determined exterminator.

I wish I could, friendly fallen empire! But my only CB is "containment"! And they own half the galaxy so with the current war exhaustion system I don't think I'll be stopping them anytime soon.

I really miss the good guy war goals. "Change Ideology" is a fantastic CB but "stop atrocities" and actually liberating portions of an empire, for when a war to the death isn't an option, would be great to bring back.

Though now that I think about it... I'm nearing the end of the end of the unity tree and it's only 2380. I can keep up with science by spamming habitats if I need to. Maybe I should just go on a massive conquering spree against all the evil in the galaxy.

The nice thing about the containment CB is that during those wars, any system you would normally just occupy with a claim CB is automatically captured and added to your empire.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Has anyone tested out Megacorporations yet in this patch?

The bonuses to trading hubs and the early private colony ships seem like they'd really snowball together. Pump energy production early, use that to fund your expansion, spend your minerals to upgrade the starbase to another set of trading hubs, start trading energy for minerals with the merchant exchanges, etc etc etc.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Baronjutter posted:

Marauders have done absolutely nothing in my game. No raids, no communication, nothing. They just sit in their little 3-system territory and don't bother anyone.

In my game they talked smack on a regular basis, started flying towards me, and either got messed up on the way so they changed their minds or got REALLY messed up when they met Border Citadel The Pharaoh Imat II.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

My 'immortal' machines sure seem to stop functioning for some reason just as often as my meatbag/cyborgs die. Really annoying as it's always level 5 scientists of course. No real reason to choose the machine scientists over the cyborg ones when they actually 'live' about the same amount of time it seems.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Epicurius posted:

Step 1. Make sure it's an enemy planet.
Step 2. Set Orbital Bombardment to Armageddon
Step 3. Wait.

Yeah, the exhaustion thing made that particular option impossible unfortunately.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, the exhaustion thing made that particular option impossible unfortunately.

Against an equal-ish empire I typically have time to incinerate one or two medium (size 15ish) planets or one big one (20+). You have to keep two fleets, though, one to harry the enemy fleet that may come stop you (bonus points if you can fight near a starbase you've conquered) while the other nukes poo poo.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1314868059

All of these systems have had stations built in them at some time or another. A marauder group just to my right and one to the north keep making round trips. The fleet I have my cursor on has been coming from a wormhole to the left outside my borders.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So an event just gave me a free cruiser, but put it in it's own fleet. How do i disband this fleet and send the cruiser over to one of my existing fleets? I see no way to do this, I must be missing something.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Select the cruiser and the fleet you wish to merge it with, then click merge fleet in the top right as you would have previously. Then through the Fleet Manager there should be a button towards the top that will delete whatever fleet you have selected in that window.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eltoasto posted:

So an event just gave me a free cruiser, but put it in it's own fleet. How do i disband this fleet and send the cruiser over to one of my existing fleets? I see no way to do this, I must be missing something.

Select both, press G

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Xenaero posted:

https://imgur.com/a/8f7hu

I wanted to disable default empires because I never used them, so in their place I decided to make 25 custom empires, which could all potentially spawn in my next run. I decided to share in case anyone wants some inspiration for their galactic neighborhood.

I love the Radishes as much as I love their dumb portraits.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Has anyone tested out Megacorporations yet in this patch?

The bonuses to trading hubs and the early private colony ships seem like they'd really snowball together. Pump energy production early, use that to fund your expansion, spend your minerals to upgrade the starbase to another set of trading hubs, start trading energy for minerals with the merchant exchanges, etc etc etc.

That's what I'm playing in my first game, though I'm not certain how reliable my results are given I had a fairly isolated spot with plenty of room for expansion. It snowballed nicely but the only military threats were pirates.

Fun fact: while a trading hub requires either the trade enclave or a colonized planet, primitives apparently count so you can build trading hubs in a starport in a system that is only inhabited by primitives.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 27, 2018

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I think there might be something wrong with the demand vassalization war demands.

I have all of this empire's systems occupied and planets occupied:

But my war thing says:

It never ticked lower than -100 so I did a status quo and it cleared all of their systems except for the ones they had planets in. It gave me none of their space or any spoils from that war :negative:.

Also does that 110% mean these things can never be hit?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

A weapon's Tracking rating takes off Evasion from the enemy it's shot at, to determine their final accuracy modifier. So that will dodge the hell out of large guns but will still be hit some of the time by things like autocannons, especially if the ship uses tracking bonus modifiers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dismantling the mining station on the star was it. Thanks, guys!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

I think there might be something wrong with the demand vassalization war demands.

But my war thing says:

It never ticked lower than -100 so I did a status quo and it cleared all of their systems except for the ones they had planets in. It gave me none of their space or any spoils from that war :negative:.

You (probably) need to get the ally, too.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you hover over the "Achieve War Goals" button, it tells you exactly what's being added up to get to that number.

So yeah, you'd be able to see if you were getting very few points from occupations, and would need to go occupy more stuff in some other war ally's territory.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Raiders are getting turned off next game. hey cool, go ahead and send a massive fleet which is impossible to stop given my tech progression, blow up a bunch of poo poo which I have to micro my construction ships to fix, and then a few years later come back to do it again. :fuckoff: tedious garbage.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

But my war thing says:

If you completely occupy a on a subjugation CB that should start a timer or something.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I sent a message to glyphgryph asking but he hasn't posted in the new thread or responded to me yet. If he has a problem, I'll take it down.

I went ahead and learned the bare minimum about modding, to update and fix the Goon Species mod located HERE.

It has all the species from the previous pack EXCEPT the "Grand and Mighty and Powerful Collection of Superior Beings" as the mod their portrait comes from is broken and I'm certainly not going to mess with that. I had to adjust some of the species whose traits or ethics had shuffled and were no longer valid. If you submitted one of these species and don't like what I did, or if I have a flag or color or anything wrong, please tell me here or in a PM and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Like glyphgryph did, I'm open to taking submissions. Please put them in a pastebin, and provide a picture with your post; anything without a biography of some kind will not be considered. You can post it here or just PM me, I use the Awful app a lot and it tells me when I get a PM.

One last thing! I'm not sure if anyone posted it but I had Aethernet add a link to the Discord in the OP. Its been dead for a while but maybe with 2.0 it can be revived so I have someone to complain at when I gently caress up. https://discord.gg/Wa28D77

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Jabor posted:

If you hover over the "Achieve War Goals" button, it tells you exactly what's being added up to get to that number.

So yeah, you'd be able to see if you were getting very few points from occupations, and would need to go occupy more stuff in some other war ally's territory.

From memory it was -100 occupying unclaimed things and -100 vassalization. That doesn't make sense to me for a vassalization war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
okay this is a question based entirely on me being greedy BUT

i noticed that my influence game went to poo poo in my all robots game shortly after synthification. i looked into it. evidently now that we're all Synths here, my Fanatic Materialist faction no longer goes over the 60% happiness threshold for contributing influence to my empire. also there are not three empires on the field willing to trade tech with me

is there any mod that gives a plus three percent Hell Yeah We're Synths Now This Rules modifier to the materialist faction, because, i mean, c'mon, guys, you are literally living the dream right now