Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bike tory posted:

Jesus how do people bring themselves to put a tick next to this man's name he is such a goober

Worked for JK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

sebmojo posted:

Based on an admittedly limited sample of dealing with her around information sharing law reform, she actually is.

My previous boss had some interaction with her as communications minister. Said she basically didn’t understand the internet or computers in general.
Also her family owns farms which greatly benefited from the irrigation scheme which was going to be blocked by ECan before the National government replaced the elected representatives with appointed commissioners. I don’t think Canterbury has been able to elect regional councillors since then.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Congrats Simon Bridges I guess, he gets to lose the next election

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
boring

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

bike tory posted:

Jesus how do people bring themselves to put a tick next to this man's name he is such a goober
More money for me. gently caress you.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Let the bridge puns begin

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

Let the bridge puns begin

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it

It's kinda cool that the opposition leader and deputy are both Maori, as well as the deputy PM. It's unfortunate that none of the three feel any particular connection to that identity but w/e

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

It's kinda cool that the opposition leader and deputy are both Maori, as well as the deputy PM. It's unfortunate that none of the three feel any particular connection to that identity but w/e

Huh. Good point.

I like that it's not actually a big deal, more of a 'huh'.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
david seymour even has māori ancestry, so if the greens don't go with marama they'll look not so great

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

exmarx posted:

david seymour even has māori ancestry, so if the greens don't go with marama they'll look not so great

lol I'd forgotten about this. Didn't it come out when he claimed that lots of Maori liked the ToW because of the trade access and private property rights it granted?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress what a tool my god.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

LMAO Meat Club is still a thing.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Hey guys remember Jamie Whyte?

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2018/02/ex-act-leader-says-pleasure-of-using-plastic-straws-more-important-than-the-ocean.html

gently caress you, got my (plastic straw)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I saw the headline but I hadn't actually read the article and holy poo poo how does an actual philosophy professor get such a simple utilitarian argument wrong?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bike tory posted:

I saw the headline but I hadn't actually read the article and holy poo poo how does an actual philosophy professor get such a simple utilitarian argument wrong?
You're asking this question of a guy who sees a hypocrisy in incest being illegal while giving birth above the age of 35 is legal.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bike tory posted:

The opposition deputy leader is also the only one of the three that is actively a liability for their party as well.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heh, he got called an oxygen thief.

But thank you, that got me thinking if I am going to have a soda from a fast food place I should try to skip the straw. Got to keep the lid through if I am taking it out short of me bringing my own cup.

There was an article on replacements but the economics didn’t work presently and according to them the straw doesn’t hold up for long enough whatever that means.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It probably means they have a low shelf-life so that the chain restaurants that would be the largest consumers and order in bulk to save on purchase/shipping costs would favour continuing to use plastic over the possibility of having some of their supplies disintegrate.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

LMAO Meat Club is still a thing.

How??? It was started as a joke by some friend of a friend who's name i can't remember cause he wanted to get drunk at the drinking horn without getting naked.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

bike tory posted:

Libertarians are stupid.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

oohhboy posted:

Heh, he got called an oxygen thief.

But thank you, that got me thinking if I am going to have a soda from a fast food place I should try to skip the straw. Got to keep the lid through if I am taking it out short of me bringing my own cup.

And miss out on the pleasures of sucking on a rod that fills your mouth with a liquid?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

"He is presently the director of research at the Institute of Economic Affairs, based in London"

Truly amazing.

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

I knew one guy at uni who has an accent similar to Simon Bridges true story. North Shore or something ?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Murrah posted:

I knew one guy at uni who has an accent similar to Simon Bridges true story. North Shore or something ?

Definitely not.

emminou
May 25, 2006

Humans of Remuera is a leftbook hate group and it could ruin your teenager’s life.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
To be fair, the article is 100% making fun of that idea

https://thespinoff.co.nz/media/28-02-2018/how-to-tell-if-your-child-has-fallen-victim-to-a-liberal-meme-hate-group/

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

But the Seven Sharp piece was 100% serious

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The Kings Arms noo :qq:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Eh I've seen a lot of people shedding tears over it on Facebook and I don't think many of them have ever actually set foot in there. I'm legit salty about it because I used to go fairly often when I lived in Auckland

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I went a bunch. The lead singer of Les Savy Fav shoved himself inside my t-shirt with me and we had an intimate sweaty man dance. :(

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Guitar Wolf and Masters of Metal both used to play there all the time and they are awesome and their gigs were awesome and I am sad.

emminou
May 25, 2006

Yeah, I know the Spinoff article is making fun of the idea, since unlike Jessica Moloney, I can usually recognise when people on the internet are joking. :) But it’s hilarious that anyone ever said those words in seriousness, or that they picked Humans of Remuera as an example of a toxic leftbook group rather than, say, one of the groups where the mods regularly tell people to kill themselves for not adhering to their hyper-specific worldview.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
The White Stripes before they got big
Red Fang getting delayed in Australia, finally going on stage around 3am carrying sunn amps under one arm and guitars in the other, plugging in and just ripping faces off.
Truckfighters having a crazy high energy set
Dillinger Escape Plan getting as many people as possible on stage.
The D4, The Datsuns, Beastwars, Bloodnut, and countless other rad local bands.
Windhand getting shut down for being too loud.

Had some great nights there, RIP in peace Kings Arms.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

My favourite gig there was Machinegun Fellatio like fifteen years ago.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

My favourite gig there was Machinegun Fellatio like fifteen years ago.
This except The Icarus Line.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Honestly my fav gig there was this no-name Megadeth cover band

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
I saw Jakob a few weeks ago which was a great way to say goodbye to the place. It's going to be missed.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

emminou posted:

Humans of Remuera is a leftbook hate group and it could ruin your teenager’s life.

Pity I only realised this after I paid the :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vagabundo posted:

And miss out on the pleasures of sucking on a rod that fills your mouth with a liquid?

While long and delivers a satisfying amount of liquid, the thinness make any follow up action disappointing.

Hunting Wabbits.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43221704

• Locked thread