Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I learned Jim Belushi did FMV work for old Battletech arcade games. My mind is broken now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I learnt that “louse” is the singular of “lice”, like of course it is but I never stopped and considered it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That's where the word "lousy" comes from

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfbstFoj30

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I remember seeing a bunch of episode endings to this while waiting for The Venture Bros. on Adult Swim. It seemed neat

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I was gonna buy this on PS4, I'm glad I didn't now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's where the word "lousy" comes from

“Louse” has a “s” sound while “lousy” uses a “z”. Meanwhile “mousy” uses a “s”. The whole thing’s stupid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mousy means "like a mouse", while lousy means "infested with lice." Of course you'd pronounce them differently, otherwise it would be confusing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember seeing a bunch of episode endings to this while waiting for The Venture Bros. on Adult Swim. It seemed neat

it's badass, it's animated by staff who worked on batman: the animated series and the second season veers it off from an episodic post-apocalyptic noir giant robot anime into a trippy existential conspiracy nightmare

it also has a badass opening theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA7Xl5CtHRM

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I would love to some day cosplay as big o

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

please buy brandish: the dark revenant whenever xseed gets around to releasing it on steam

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Anyone got a good Kirby-related title in mind for the March thread?

March Chat Thread: Kirby eats up all my free time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
i want to die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MarinADdyCo

(i've made it to the final gauntlet of this room a handful of times but most of my deaths have been this dumb bullshit)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

please buy brandish: the dark revenant whenever xseed gets around to releasing it on steam

Been waiting 3 years for a discount on PSN and I'll keep waiting, thank you.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i heard it was more like armored core

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

For some reason I didn't like Big O at all as a kid, and I don't know what the gently caress I was thinking then because I watched through all of it a few years ago and thought it was fantastic.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Macaluso posted:

i want to die

(i've made it to the final gauntlet of this room a handful of times but most of my deaths have been this dumb bullshit)

see I'm glad I stopped playing Celeste after finishing the plot because this right here is the kind of horseshit i cannot take in video games anymore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso posted:

i want to die

i found that jump easier to do if instead of using the bubble, you hop into the air, dash diagonally down and to the right and hop right as you land, it launches you forward a ton and lets you dash again after. you'll need a similar trick for 8c anyway, except the one they teach you there doesn't give you the extra dash, so it'll give you some practice on top of being really useful for the earlier c-sides

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Colonel posted:

i found that jump easier to do if instead of using the bubble, you hop into the air, dash diagonally down and to the right and hop right as you land, it launches you forward a ton and lets you dash again after.

I've done that move by accident several times while playing Celeste, it didn't even occur to me to try that. I wish I had thought of it instead of trying to rely on this stupid bubble.

Anyway I did it and now I can die

edit:

Ciaphas posted:

see I'm glad I stopped playing Celeste after finishing the plot because this right here is the kind of horseshit i cannot take in video games anymore

I would not put myself through this kind of hell if the game was trash is the thing. The game is absolutely fantastic so it keeps me coming back and trying to do poo poo like this that has, in my opinion, huge flaws or design issues, because overall the game is so good.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Feb 27, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I just sent my proposal to NIS for a new Prinny game and it's just the stage select you guys keep posting with 900+ deaths.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Big O is very cool and good. Personally I prefer season 1 over 2, but both are good please watch them so that I may continue to dream of a third season. Please enjoy Steve Blum as Steve Blum.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

Big O is very cool and good. Personally I prefer season 1 over 2, but both are good please watch them so that I may continue to dream of a third season. Please enjoy Steve Blum as Steve Blum.
Steve Blum's voice always felt very off coming from Roger to me, like it just isn't baritone enough for how big of a guy Roger is supposed to be. I think that's largely why I prefer the Japanese dub.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the best episode of big o is the one where the villain tries to destroy big o by creating a perfect replica of roger's upper body that just shouts "BIG O! BIG O!" constantly and putting it on a tiny set of wheels and driving it off a cliff

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How the hell do you guys find the time for non-video game media?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

For me its just that I play fewer video games than I used to.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jay Rust posted:

Watched it in highschool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only thing I watch is currently airing anime shows and that's like 45 minutes every other day at most.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

45 minutes every two days adds up pretty fast. Every month that’s like two games you could’ve beaten

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

The only thing I watch is currently airing anime shows and that's like 45 minutes every other day at most.

I gotta catch up on My Hero Academia, they finish S2 yet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it finished last year, season 3 is summer I think?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

sweeeet, weekend binge

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

i want to die

You'll wish you were dealing with that when you get to what 8C asks of you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Celeste seems cool but I have zero faith that the controls are good enough for the platforming that it wants you to do.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grapplejack posted:

Celeste seems cool but I have zero faith that the controls are good enough for the platforming that it wants you to do.

they're probably some of the best-feeling controls in a 2d platformer i've played in a few years, but it still goes a little overboard sometimes. i think 7c and 8c are fine thoguh

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Grapplejack posted:

The controls are fine, some of the mechanics aren't

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

The controls are fine, some of the mechanics aren't

Really only the mechanics in the 'optional' challenges it seems, 'cos the gameplay of the plot levels was a delight thru and thru

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

I don't even find time for videogame media :smith:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just started Celeste this weekend and I have been trying to avoid spoilers and such, but seeing up the page there is a thing called C-sides and I cannot even get past the second screen on the first b-side is making me go :aaaaa:

The game itself is an utter delight and the track that plays in the first level is burned into my mind and one of my favourite music tracks from a video game of all time! So glad it is on spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/sarugetchuu/status/967875436507226113

• Locked thread