Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Here is an Iron Hands list I was considering if I decide to go further than a ZM force with them. I think the amount of armor and Lascannons would be good enough to take out other vehicle heavy lists, but I worry about how few ways of dealing with massed infantry it has.

+++ IH Land Raiders (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [2500pts] +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2500pts] ++

+ HQ +
Praetor, Legion [210pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Cyber-familiar, Iron Father, On Foot, Paragon Blade

+ Elites +
Gorgon Terminator Squad [625pts]: Chainfist, 6x Gorgon Terminator, Graviton Gun, 3x Power Fist
. . Gorgon Hammerbearer: Cyber-familiar
. . Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Troops +
Tactical Squad, Legion [340pts]: Land Raider Proteus, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. . Categories: Infantry, Legiones Astartes, Compulsory Troops, Troops
. . Additional Wargear: Bolters, Vexilla, Legion
. . Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Fist

Tactical Squad, Legion [340pts]: Land Raider Proteus, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. . Categories: Infantry, Legiones Astartes, Compulsory Troops, Troops
. . Additional Wargear: Bolters, Vexilla, Legion
. . Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Fist

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Flamer [355pts]: Flamer, 9x Space Marines, Legion, Support Squad
. . Land Raider Proteus: Blessed Autosimulacra
. . Sergeant, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Flamer

+ Heavy Support +
Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer [235pts]: Blessed Autosimulacra, Omega Plasma Array

+ Allegiance +
Legion: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist
Rite of War: The Head of the Gorgon

+ Lords of War +
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer, Legion [395pts]: Blessed Autosimulacra

Have you considers taking siege tyrants? Iron Havocs are good units too.

If you're going armor heavy I'd consider taking Orth over a Praetor. Stick him into the LoW for BS 5 tank hunter ordnance shots. You could also run armored breakthrough. HotG is really good though, so if you stick with it consider breachers with melta bombs instead of taxticals and give those Proteus' meltas at the very least. The omega sucks don't take it. Use those points instead to grab some laser destroyer vindicators. Finally instead of the ten man flamer squad, some seekers in a radio equipped proteus would complement your list well. Instead of the Praetor you could take a chaplain (aka iron father) to ride with his gorgon boyfriends (Orth + Chaplain probably costs about the same as your 210pt preator)

Iron Within Iron Without

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Any particular reason you're going with the plasma sicaran and the cerberus?

I am doing a Glaive for my Emperor's Children, so I wanted something different here. The Plasma Sicaran is purely based on how cool it looks.

Safety Factor posted:

If you're worried about infantry, I'd drop the plasma sicaran and see about fitting a couple of plasma predators into the list. Hard to argue with 3 blasts each. They're 130 each without sponsons though so you'd have to figure out something for the additional 25 points.

That is a really good idea. I can just drop a Terminator and make up the difference. I doubt the two extra power axe swings will be a big problem.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Get the megagat/plasma sicarans. They look cool as hell. Don't listen to WAACers.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Iron Within Iron Without

Hmm. Replacing my characters is something I hadn't thought about. A Chaplain would fit well, and Orth is also a smart choice. I do tend to avoid the Special Characters but it is definitely a smart idea.

Replacing the Flamer Squad with Seekers is a great idea though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Get the megagat/plasma sicarans. They look cool as hell. Don't listen to WAACers.
:same:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Named characters!
*ranting*

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Forums Poster BULBASAUR

Full of great ideas about Iron Hands

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I don’t like the plasma sicaran’s looks.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Plasma Sicaran def looks cool and is decent at anti infantry work, I think the Cerberus is kinda lame though, both rules wise and looks wise.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah if it was D3+1 without the feedback rule it would be better, but with Orth inside of it it's probably one of the toughest LoW out there. AV15, BS5, tank hunters, oh my!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

I don’t like the plasma sicaran’s looks.

:frogout:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sorry idiots the looooong and thic plasma guns look bad

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

Sorry idiots the looooong and thic plasma guns look bad

Who would have thought that panascope could ever be objectively wrong about something.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Who would have thought that panascope could ever be objectively wrong about something.

Or that he doesn’t like a long phallic object.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
panascope only likes plasma in combi-vet form.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

ijyt posted:

Or that he doesn’t like a long phallic object.

We’re all 30k players here so I assumed the love of big long phalluses was implied. If I’m wrong then everything I know about the hobby is also wrong.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I think the vanilla Sicaran is the best Sicaran.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
A pair of 'old crows' who'll be leading a sneaky grenadier squad for an upcoming VisV campaign. Not pictured: giant demo packs strapped to their backs. I think I'll give the crow on the right a knife for his hand. The left crow? She's great the way she is I think. Big thanks to Sulecrist who suggested I grab some Escher bits for the head plumes.

I'm so fuckin pumped!

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 27, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BULBASAUR posted:

A pair of 'old crows' who'll be leading a sneaky grenadier squad for an upcoming VisV campaign. Not pictured: giant demo packs strapped to their backs. I think I'll give the crow on the right a knife for his hand. The left crow? She's great the way she is I think. Big thanks to Sulecrist who suggested I grab some Escher bits for the head plumes.

I'm so fuckin pumped!

What are the torsos?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

One of the krieg units.

e: this one: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Engineers

ijyt fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 27, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ijyt posted:

One of the krieg units.

You were the one with that absurdly good Knight with the crackle paint, right?

Do you have those pics up anywhere? I stupidly lost my 40k pics folder like a stupid.

:(

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

You were the one with that absurdly good Knight with the crackle paint, right?

Do you have those pics up anywhere? I stupidly lost my 40k pics folder like a stupid.

:(

Thanks dude, I have them on imgur but I forgot my password so in the meantime I’ve got them on my Instagram too.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ijyt posted:

Thanks dude, I have them on imgur but I forgot my password so in the meantime I’ve got them on my Instagram too.

I forgot about those eyes. Goddamn.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

As a good forums poster I found them for you.

ijyt posted:

:toxx: Complete! :pcgaming:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Hot drat, that looks good.

Many, many years ago I tried a similar effect on some Death Guard:

Your knight looks a lot better.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I painted a thing.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Wow I love that red.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I think I need to just give up.

That red is perfect.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Booley posted:

I painted a thing.

I want to lick that armor because it looks like it would taste delicious.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Very good stompy big D boi

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Can't claim credit for any of the cool OSL effects on this guy, but I finished converting a Praetor, and got him started, before my buddy swooped in and made him look awesome.

Now I'm trying to finish up this Primus Medicae so Abaddon and his Justerian boyfriends have access to FNP.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Very nice Swordboi. The game needs more combiplasma.

Booley that knight is fantastic. You belong to us now.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Laser bois and their tanks are pretty much done. Slightly better than usual quality pix to celebrate.

Hopefully I’ll get a unit of quad mortars and maybe some fliers done before I take a trip in April.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Those are great. Love the weathering on the tanks

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Rad. Ready to do 100 more?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

Rad. Ready to do 100 more?

My most ambitious lists only have about 80 infantry models so I’m like 25% done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I love Solar Aux so goddamn much, I just wish I could find something to use the Dracosan as in 40k.

Forgeworld resin isn't a dealbreaker but having all those blocks useable in only one of two games kinda is.

:shrug: