Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mister Kingdom posted:

Final Space? It's like it might be trying to be part Futurama, part Rick and Morty.

They also had one called Tarantula that they ran last December without any fanfare. It was pretty decent; better than some shows adult swim is putting out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Gaunab posted:

They also had one called Tarantula that they ran last December without any fanfare. It was pretty decent; better than some shows adult swim is putting out now.

That must of really flown under the radar since I watch a lot of TBS and have never heard of that show.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Tarantula was.. pretty weird? They dumped it all on the tbs website on the first night.

I mostly enjoyed it.

It was pretty down to earth in a depressing, everyone is kind of broken way. It's a bunch of stories you don't really get to see told that often.

I liked People of Earth and Angie Tribeca, too. I've been meaning to watch The Guestbook and The Search Party.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Gaunab posted:

I'm interested in the new animated shows TBS is developing.

I'm really looking forward to J. G. Quintel (the guy who did Regular Show) upcoming show about a bunch about of 20s something becoming 30. Now half the fun of Regular Show as seeing the writers/animated get around the censors but I have high hopes TBS and J.G Quintel can keep it funny in a even more free environment.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I've got egg madness!

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Wherever they go, they gon' be watchin' dem birds!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This was a weird one

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

"You know, there's a time in every woman's life where she refuses to be defined by her hepatitis"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked the touch of having all the bodies of the egg collectors at the end.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

PostNouveau posted:

This was a weird one

I have a theory that they came up with the life-flashes-before-Steve's-eyes moment, made it an Italian Mafia movie, and worked backwards from there.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Another great episode, even if the spaghetti B-plot was kind of weird.

Final Space looks really nice and has some interesting ideas, but I think it suffers from having a really annoying main character. I'd be interested in watching more but they really need to tone down all the obnoxious yelling.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I actually liked Final Space a lot better on a second viewing. Gary becomes more endearing somehow.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

This was a weird one

Yeah, it felt kind of disjointed but it was still funny.

bull3964 posted:

I actually liked Final Space a lot better on a second viewing. Gary becomes more endearing somehow.

I couldn't make it past ten minutes of the first episode. The main character feels like a black hole of funny. I want to like it if only because I always want to like sci-fi and animation.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I loved the pasta sauce plot, felt like it was mocking food commercials that oversell the authenticity and greatness of the product while at the same time tossing in some fun mafia movie spoof stuff. Could have used a little more payoff than Steve's "What the hell is in that sauce?" but overall I loved it. Lost it when the Italian flag was on the flag pole.

The egg plot was classic Steve and Roger zany buddy comedy stuff. Not quite on like Wheels and the Legman tier but overall hilarious. This is an episode I will look forward to in my endless streaming marathons, if TBS ever lets the later seasons be a part of them.

They really are getting a much better handle on the cold opens. Loved Rogers, "Birds, Steve," after the Russian satellite blimp disaster.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Also loved the NewEdgierAmericanDad® "You rear end in a top hat!" as everyone and everything is going over the edge.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If this is unofficial Final Space thread, I definitely did not dislike the episodes I saw even if I'll echo the main lead is loving obnoxious.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'll make a thread for other TBS shows if it's cool.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

PicklePants posted:

I liked People of Earth and Angie Tribeca, too. I've been meaning to watch The Guestbook and The Search Party.

The Detour is pretty good, too.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

empty baggie posted:

The Detour is pretty good, too.

I really liked the first season but couldn't get into the second. It just seemed like a single season show to me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I think my favorite subtle line this episode was "I have an Uncle who collects underpants from all the women he has sex with, isn't that gross?" then quietly "Steve is that a good idea for an Uncle?"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

limp_cheese posted:

I really liked the first season but couldn't get into the second. It just seemed like a single season show to me.

Yeah same it just keeps getting worse I have no idea what they are thinking.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I thought the egg madness episode was hilarious the whole way through, but I laughed out loud when they were preparing to de-yolk Steve's head. How is American Dad so great?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ah, finally caught up with the season! Ironically I was in the US, but the friends I was staying with don't have cable, sooooo...

Holy christ, that was Frank Langella!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Mural of the Story
Stan discovers that the Langley Falls historical mural has been ruined by graffiti and neglect. He convinces the town to allow him to restore the mural himself, but he fails and makes it worse than before. The town refuses to believe that Stan would ruin the mural and blames Hayley instead. Meanwhile, Roger becomes Steve’s instructor at a prestigious clowning university.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

The Mural of the Story
Meanwhile, Roger becomes Steve’s instructor at a prestigious clowning university.

:perfect:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Yup, there is no way that could not be good.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

The Mural of the Story
Meanwhile, Roger becomes Steve’s instructor at a prestigious clowning university.
It's great that this show is finally tackling the real issues.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

The Mural of the Story
Stan discovers that the Langley Falls historical mural has been ruined by graffiti and neglect. He convinces the town to allow him to restore the mural himself, but he fails and makes it worse than before. The town refuses to believe that Stan would ruin the mural and blames Hayley instead. Meanwhile, Roger becomes Steve’s instructor at a prestigious clowning university.

Both plots sound amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's gonna be Roger.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo the face reconstruction :stonklol: "Let's get the old brillo pad in on the action."

This whole episode was amazing.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it's my acclowntant

lmao I haven't even finished that ep but that joke makes it all worth it

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I was not expecting the clown school to be a parody of Whiplash. Also I was dying laughing at "He has a giant calculator that only goes up to boobs. It's really funny, but I'm pretty sure he's stealing from me."

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
O'SHANAHAN'S :argh:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok I made sure loyntegresty is not a word.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ok I made sure loyntegresty is not a word.

Correct!

'I'll be home in 10 minutes babe'. That was totally Snot on the other end of the phone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

'I'll be home in 10 minutes babe'. That was totally Snot on the other end of the phone.

Basically every time the future is shown on American Dad Steve and Snot are shown to be either living together or actually married, so yeah that's a pretty safe bet.

Which is good because if they weren't together Snot would turn into a turtle for some reason.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Which is good because if they weren't together Snot would turn into a turtle for some reason.

God, I love that sequence so much.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

"Dr. Monte Cristo." A nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

"Dr. Monte Cristo." A nice touch.

There's a real one!