Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Nah, more like a hideously irritating medium Satan that never wants to deal with substance but it's true I'm being an idiot trying to actually realpost rather than just making GBS threads back

do you unironically consider this 'realposting?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Welp, just saw a whole two pages of people genuinely replying to LoB. Thread delivers.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

nerdz posted:

when the idiocy on social media is strong enough to create a movie franchise:

Pro-Click if you haven't read this yet:

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

This was a TFR goon trolling a few different gun forums with this character, from memory.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Grem posted:

Welp, just saw a whole two pages of people genuinely replying to LoB. Thread delivers.

I'm loving all the folks outing themselves as LoB-skimmers, that's for sure

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I refuse to believe anyone reads that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
...what?

:psyduck:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please call an ambulance I mistook a wasp nest for my anus ball.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Push El Burrito posted:

Please call an ambulance I mistook a wasp nest for my anus ball.

At least you’ll get plenty of honey from them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Big Word posted:

Helpful tip that also rhymes: LoB ain't a he

Oh, my bad, LoB. Me neither.

holy hell, what the gently caress

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Feb 27, 2018

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I love you LoB

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Could you imagine being at the point of your life where you're sitting around casually jerking yourself off all day?

...but enough about my posting.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I look forward to LoB posting the return of the king in this thread with about 2 paragraphs of content thrown in. Stellar posting.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Unfortunately this is kind of on topic and I want to apologize in advance if I pronoun this wrong. Colin here is an rear end in a top hat. He posts a steady stream of far right militia/racist/classist bullshit. This was his gem from a few days ago:

A few years ago his daughter "ran away" and didn't tell anyone where she was going. It was pretty stressful until she contacted her folks eventually with a very bullshit story about going to school overseas. When he came back, it was obvious she had gone through reassignment surgery and started hormones and now had a "boy's name" instead of a "girl's name" and has been living as a man since then.

The thing is, his son still lives with him.

One of those "likes" is from his Colin's wife, the son's mom. Who also is still living in the same house.

I feel really bad for him because his parents are legit two of the worst people I know.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

This is beautiful.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can't wait until my lawyer wife wakes up and I can show her this.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Flyinglemur posted:

Unfortunately this is kind of on topic and I want to apologize in advance if I pronoun this wrong. Colin here is an rear end in a top hat. He posts a steady stream of far right militia/racist/classist bullshit. This was his gem from a few days ago:

A few years ago his daughter "ran away" and didn't tell anyone where she was going. It was pretty stressful until she contacted her folks eventually with a very bullshit story about going to school overseas. When he came back, it was obvious she had gone through reassignment surgery and started hormones and now had a "boy's name" instead of a "girl's name" and has been living as a man since then.

The thing is, his son still lives with him.

One of those "likes" is from his Colin's wife, the son's mom. Who also is still living in the same house.

I feel really bad for him because his parents are legit two of the worst people I know.

Hey just FYI you should always use the persons current pronouns when talking about trans people. Even when talking about them pre-transition.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Glazier posted:

Hey just FYI you should always use the persons current pronouns when talking about trans people. Even when talking about them pre-transition.

Thank you. I do this in real life, the best I can, but I was trying to make this story make sense. I know a lot of people have lovely parents as they go through things like coming out or transitioning or just being okay with who they identify as, but this really took me by surprise that he would publicly post this. Everyone outside the family knows he has a hard time with his son and everything that went down, but this is some next-level bullshit. The mother is also still in denial and occasionally still calls her son by the feminine nickname she assigned to him before his transition.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Flyinglemur posted:

Thank you. I do this in real life, the best I can, but I was trying to make this story make sense. I know a lot of people have lovely parents as they go through things like coming out or transitioning or just being okay with who they identify as, but this really took me by surprise that he would publicly post this. Everyone outside the family knows he has a hard time with his son and everything that went down, but this is some next-level bullshit. The mother is also still in denial and occasionally still calls her son by the feminine nickname she assigned to him before his transition.

I’m not surprised, how many times have we seen homophobic or trans phobic public officials with trans or queer children?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Because even if they're technically protected, the world would be a better place without them?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Is this a troll or legit?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mds2 posted:

Is this a troll or legit?

Yeah, I can’t decide if him truly believing that or being crafted as a trap is the funnier situation.

Probably because I have no idea who that is. And I fear if I google him, I’ll get all angry.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
He's a 20 year old moron who is going to be charged with securities fraud and thinks if he sucks up to Trump on twitter hard enough he'll be pardoned. Any given Trump tweet will probably have him as the top reply.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
If I’m reading the thread correctly, someone annoyed LoB so much she real posted?

This is like next level crazy.

Like this is the kind of situation that if I were to use terms like “cray” I would describe as “cray”.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I can’t decide if him truly believing that or being crafted as a trap is the funnier situation.

Probably because I have no idea who that is. And I fear if I google him, I’ll get all angry.

Too bad, I already have, he's a committed troll or devastatingly stupid.

quote:

It's not too much to ask that teachers are combat-accurate at 15 yards

quote:

We're not asking teachers to become the next Chris Kyle. We're asking them to shoot a bad guy that's shooting at them and their students.

quote:

If you aren't responsible enough to carry and operate a firearm, you sure as hell aren't responsible enough to be spending 8 hours/day with our children

I also enjoyed this exchange on the quoted tweet:

quote:

It doesn’t. Twitter is a private company. The First Amendment, like all the Amendments, restrains only governmental action. That’s literally 7th grade civics. You’ll get to it next year, then.

quote:

Ruger is a private company, so my AR15 is exempt, so suck it

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

quote:

We're not asking teachers to become the next Chris Kyle. We're asking them to shoot a bad guy that's shooting at them and their students.

Good because he was killed by a crazy guy with a gun, whilst armed himself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AR15s are very much like Twitter in that nazis and (other) white supremacists really like both.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

1st applies to Twitter: speech on Twitter is protected from the gov’t suppressing it. People think that the 1st only applies to publicly owned communication channels? It has never meant that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

How do you guys take screenshots and then easily post it from a phone?

Guy I know posted that the Constitution is old as gently caress and should be allowed to grow with the times and someone replied.

quote:

Weisy, don’t lecture about the constitution unless you’ve actually been in jail. Seriously, it’s annoying.

Because apparently you aren't allowed to have opinions unless you've been to jail?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The biggest thing I've taken away from this is LOB going into full realtalk for more than two sentences at a time. That's impressive.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

1st applies to Twitter: speech on Twitter is protected from the gov’t suppressing it. People think that the 1st only applies to publicly owned communication channels? It has never meant that.

No, people think the First Amendment doesn’t apply to Twitter banning Nazis.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bobby Digital posted:

No, people think the First Amendment doesn’t apply to Twitter banning Nazis.

It didn’t apply to the NYT choosing not to print Nazi letters to the editor either. 1st applies to Twitter the same way it applies to moveable type, just like the tweet says.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Subjunctive posted:

It didn’t apply to the NYT choosing not to print Nazi letters to the editor either. 1st applies to Twitter the same way it applies to moveable type, just like the tweet says.

That's really not what that guy's talking about. He's literally saying that being banned from Twitter is a violation of the 1st amendment. I don't blame you for not knowing that guy, but I've seen a lot of his "content" and you are being way too charitable.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh, ok.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Len posted:

How do you guys take screenshots and then easily post it from a phone?

Guy I know posted that the Constitution is old as gently caress and should be allowed to grow with the times and someone replied.

Because apparently you aren't allowed to have opinions unless you've been to jail?

If you use awful app you can insert an image with a long press

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Hello there new phone wallpaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Generally, someone involved in the research and study end of psychology, sociology, and related fields.

Or on the internet, "I took both PY100 and PY201!"