Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Daughters of Khaine are up for pre-order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Glad Witch Elves have a better Warscroll, but they are still very expensive.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
On the allies section for the DOK, they have a faction called the "Idoneth Deepkin"

Sea elves of some sort I am guessing

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Black_Nexus posted:

On the allies section for the DOK, they have a faction called the "Idoneth Deepkin"

Sea elves of some sort I am guessing

Teclis's first creation were apparently called the Idoneth.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
GMG has their review up:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=33d8ylVtlws

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Need help. Just getting into this and have a list build question for matched play.

The dryad scroll says 5 models or more. The starter comes with 16. The app wont let me add them in anything but increments of ten. I want to split the group into two units of 8. Do I just eat a point deficit and list them as 10 a piece?

What if I wanted to field just a unit of 5?

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Kilazar posted:

Need help. Just getting into this and have a list build question for matched play.

The dryad scroll says 5 models or more. The starter comes with 16. The app wont let me add them in anything but increments of ten. I want to split the group into two units of 8. Do I just eat a point deficit and list them as 10 a piece?

What if I wanted to field just a unit of 5?

If you are using GHB and Matched play rules you can only pay for them in their incriminate unit sizes. If you pay for 10, you can definitely just field 8, but unless it's for a battalion or something or thematically, there's no reason not to field all 10.

If you're not using matched play rules, you and your opponent can just agree on what the unit size should be.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Kind of lame since they come in boxes of 16.. I will only do matched play.

Thanks though. It was to meet a minimum battalion out of box. But since 10 is the min and not 5 as is on warscroll. That won't happen.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Just buy 5 boxes and field 80!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well the Khaine statue is going to be an interesting unit. Basically a space marine dreadnaught but requires your hag to pray to activate it every turn and it's a 3+ roll.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well the Khaine statue is going to be an interesting unit. Basically a space marine dreadnaught but requires your hag to pray to activate it every turn and it's a 3+ roll.

Only if it's an Ally to another army. In Daughters of Khaine Armies one of the stacking buffs they get each turn is that on turn 3 you not longer need prayers to animate Avatars of Khaine.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
And there are ways for them to count turn 2 as turn for that ability.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

dexefiend posted:

Good weekend of progress! My twelve Kurnoth Hunters are done. My first Treelord is like 95% done as well!

Age of Sigmar progress! 4 Treelords to assemble. 2 Ancients, a Durthu and a Treelord? Would anyone ever use 2 Durthus?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dexefiend posted:

Age of Sigmar progress! 4 Treelords to assemble. 2 Ancients, a Durthu and a Treelord? Would anyone ever use 2 Durthus?

Given that I think Durthu is a unique I don't think so.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Given that I think Durthu is a unique I don't think so.

Where does it say that?

Edit: I think he used to be unique, but he isn't anymore. I still haven't played a game, so I am a total scrub. I just don't want to gently caress up a $72 model.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 26, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dexefiend posted:

Where does it say that?

I don't know I was just assuming cause he has a name.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Alarielle and Drycha are the only unique Sylvaneth. No idea why Durthu is not, but he is not.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
He's no longer Durthu he's now a Spirit of Durthu.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

He's no longer Durthu he's now a Spirit of Durthu.

Yeah from checking they are Durthu's descendants.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Quick question, the preview today said that Doomfire Warlocks can take full advantage of the Lore of Shadows, but their unit entry only lists them as having Doomfire Bolt. Do the army books typically have special rules that allow units to change what spells they have access to?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Quick question, the preview today said that Doomfire Warlocks can take full advantage of the Lore of Shadows, but their unit entry only lists them as having Doomfire Bolt. Do the army books typically have special rules that allow units to change what spells they have access to?

For the spell lores in Battletomes. All Wizards get an extra spell of your choice from them.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
I am almost done painting my Sylvaneth get started and first wild wood. Looking for advice on next purchases so I avoid dead units. I have too many 40k models that i purchased that have never hit the table cause they are just not worth their points. Tyring to reach my first 1k points so I can start playing. With the goal to be a viable 2k army.

Caveat I do understand that an update in the future could render a chosen unit into uselessness. But for now I'd like to not start with current useless units. I would like to work into a list that eventually uses the ever queen, again unless she is not worth her points.

Also, I'm only playing matched play.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kilazar posted:

I am almost done painting my Sylvaneth get started and first wild wood. Looking for advice on next purchases so I avoid dead units. I have too many 40k models that i purchased that have never hit the table cause they are just not worth their points. Tyring to reach my first 1k points so I can start playing. With the goal to be a viable 2k army.

Caveat I do understand that an update in the future could render a chosen unit into uselessness. But for now I'd like to not start with current useless units. I would like to work into a list that eventually uses the ever queen, again unless she is not worth her points.

Also, I'm only playing matched play.

Alarielle is considered one of the best units in the game from what I know.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am working from tournament lists from a year ago (it wss when I bought my stuff.).
Alarielle, 2 Treelord Ancients, Durthu, Branchwyches (the ones with the scythes), Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes or Bows, lots of Dryads, with 1 to 2 squads of Tree Revenants.

Kurnoth Hunters received a significant cost increase in the last year. That is one reason affecting the lack of tournament winning Sylvaneth lists in recent history.

The new gimmick list uses 20 Spite Revenants, but I don't trust that enough to drop 100+ bucks on it.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 27, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
so its been a while since I looked at Warhammer Fantasy, but I heard Gotrek and Felix are back and that kindled a small bit of hope in me. Has there been any word on my old faves:

Brettonians
Tomb Queen Khalida
Malus Darkblade

Or is it still all quiet? New Morathi looks okay. I don't get why she is a snake person now but she looks okay.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Clawtopsy posted:

so its been a while since I looked at Warhammer Fantasy, but I heard Gotrek and Felix are back and that kindled a small bit of hope in me. Has there been any word on my old faves:

Brettonians
Tomb Queen Khalida
Malus Darkblade

Or is it still all quiet? New Morathi looks okay. I don't get why she is a snake person now but she looks okay.

Gotrek and Felix's new book is not out quite yet. Morathi is a snake person now cause she was eaten by Slaanesh and twisted by him before being puked out.

Nothing on the other three.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Malus was ripped to shreds and consumed before the end times even finished so I doubt we'll see him come up again.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This thread is severely lacking in battle reports so you'll be pleased to know I'm going to do one on Wednesday, featuring me hopefully turbomurdering some Ogres.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Clawtopsy posted:

Brettonians
Tomb Queen Khalida
Malus Darkblade

Brets are still dead. Flesh Eater Courts is pseudo Brets, as they delusionally see themselves as royals and knights, but that's simply fluff. There's nothing model wise to imply that.

Khalida and the rest of the TK are dead. GW have been pretty receptive to the community lately, so maybe they'll make a return as some sort of Order-based undead, since Settra and the group hate Nagash. If anyone could survive the end of the Old World, it would be Settra, wrapping himself in a force bubble of pure hate. This is all speculation on my part.

Malus was purely older GW fiction, and won't likely see a return.

Gotrek is coming back. He was trapped in the Realm of Chaos, and is popping out into AoS. He's looking for Felix, but nobody knows if, or in what form, he will find him.

Not having the book, Morathi escaped from Slaanesh and inherited some of his snakey form. She can switch forms during the game.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Kind of a long shot but does anyone have a list of what units High Elves can take with them in a Path to Glory campaign?

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

dexefiend posted:

I am working from tournament lists from a year ago (it wss when I bought my stuff.).
Alarielle, 2 Treelord Ancients, Durthu, Branchwyches (the ones with the scythes), Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes or Bows, lots of Dryads, with 1 to 2 squads of Tree Revenants.

Kurnoth Hunters received a significant cost increase in the last year. That is one reason affecting the lack of tournament winning Sylvaneth lists in recent history.

The new gimmick list uses 20 Spite Revenants, but I don't trust that enough to drop 100+ bucks on it.

That sounds mixed enough to be fun. Are we talking min or max unit sizes?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deified Data posted:

Kind of a long shot but does anyone have a list of what units High Elves can take with them in a Path to Glory campaign?

Yeah

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!
With the new Nagash book I'm looking into buying into Sigmar, and live my life long dream of ruling a bunch of skeleymans forever.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Glad Witch Elves have a better Warscroll, but they are still very expensive.

This is a ways back but this reminded me that I really want someone to go back and do a pass on the early warscrolls for Stormcast, because the fluff is still mixed in with the rules and holy gently caress who needs to distinguish between a sword and a hammer for the Liberators?

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I’m bewildered by the sheer variety of flesh-eater crypt things. The basic set can build 3 crypt horrors OR 3 crypt flayers OR 3 vargheists, each of which can have 1 of their number upgraded to a unit leader OR the relevant courtier - and in the latter case creating an illegal unit of 2 crypt-ids... If I’ve got the starter set and the crypt box (6 crypt dudes in total) what’s the best way to divide them up?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tardigrade posted:

I’m bewildered by the sheer variety of flesh-eater crypt things. The basic set can build 3 crypt horrors OR 3 crypt flayers OR 3 vargheists, each of which can have 1 of their number upgraded to a unit leader OR the relevant courtier - and in the latter case creating an illegal unit of 2 crypt-ids... If I’ve got the starter set and the crypt box (6 crypt dudes in total) what’s the best way to divide them up?

Well it depends on what you want your army to be. If its a Legion of Nagash one the choice is obvious you want Vargheists. If you are doing Ghouls then it's tough.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also new short story

https://malignportents.com/story/lost-souls/

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Victory for the Stormcast forces over the hated Beastclaw Raiders! I'll have pics up soon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Deleter posted:

Victory for the Stormcast forces over the hated Beastclaw Raiders! I'll have pics up soon.

They better be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

They better be cool.

I promise nothing and deliver less.

• Locked thread