Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait, rampup is per target that's ridiculous

It's not just per target, it's per consecutive connections per target. If you miss a dude then the damage ramp up on that dude is reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009
I was looking for kohm rivens to fulfill a long held dream, and found this website: riven.market. Its a little janky but its the only riven trading site I've found so far and lets you filter by weapon, by stats, and see about how much different effects are worth. That said, if any goons have one to sell PM me, I've got about 400 plat to blow on this, looking for +status +multishot.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I have a concern regarding the Atomos: Is it just me, or does the bounce beam damage not ramp up?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

sausage paddy posted:

I was looking for kohm rivens to fulfill a long held dream, and found this website: riven.market. Its a little janky but its the only riven trading site I've found so far and lets you filter by weapon, by stats, and see about how much different effects are worth. That said, if any goons have one to sell PM me, I've got about 400 plat to blow on this, looking for +status +multishot.

If you manage to get a riven like that for 400 you are incredibly lucky.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
There is also wftrader.com for rivens but I imagine you’re going to have to pick up a cheap 0 roll and hope you get lucky.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I can't believe they nerfed beam weapons so quickly when map clear frames existed for so long.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Beams not being terrible? Not on DE's watch.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally played with some goods last night (actually they carried me to get some starting credits and plastids so I can actually craft Rhino :v:) and all the extremely flashy fashion was weirdly inspiring to keep playing. I too want to make my frames extremely flashy and with cool capes and crazy helmet shapes

Out of curiosity, are cosmetics platinum-only or are they also sometimes craftable like weapons and frames?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Their are occasionally alerts for alternate helms, and you can get some capes or armor pieces from Baro. There are also a large number of alternate models or helmets for real $.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sorry to cut into beam chat, but I just got started on PS4 and have noticed how many of the weapons I want are either dojo research or plat only.

So it looks like I need to join a guild, but the problem is i'm horribly antisocial and like casual PUG play and dropping the other players the minute I hit orbit.

Am I going to be able to mooch off the PS4 goon dojo's research or do I need to contribute? Have I yet again* chosen a bad game to get hooked by if I don't like voice chat?

* I'm trying Warframe because Destiny 2's "raid or gently caress off" endgame got old quickly.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Captainicus posted:

Their are occasionally alerts for alternate helms, and you can get some capes or armor pieces from Baro. There are also a large number of alternate models or helmets for real $.

They give away color palettes relatively often (Easter, 4th of July, Valentines Day, Halloween). And very rarely, cloaks and armor (e.g., that POE/Twitch promo)

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 27, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, are cosmetics platinum-only or are they also sometimes craftable like weapons and frames?

Certain cosmetics come from alerts or Baro. On PC cosmetics made by DE require plat, while Tennogen stuff is sold with steambucks. Prime access stuff is only available through prime access. I think it works differently on console.

E: As a general rule of thumb, the only stuff you actually have to pay for are prime access cosmetics and Tennogen stuff. Getting enough platinum to buy cosmetics isn't too difficult.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 27, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sorry to cut into beam chat, but I just got started on PS4 and have noticed how many of the weapons I want are either dojo research or plat only.

So it looks like I need to join a guild, but the problem is i'm horribly antisocial and like casual PUG play and dropping the other players the minute I hit orbit.

Am I going to be able to mooch off the PS4 goon dojo's research or do I need to contribute? Have I yet again* chosen a bad game to get hooked by if I don't like voice chat?

* I'm trying Warframe because Destiny 2's "raid or gently caress off" endgame got old quickly.

Voice doesn't seem like a notable thing, except for the raids which are being retired because not enough people used them for the work they were. Or some Goons seem to use it when fixing pvp matches with each other?

As for contributing to clan, if you do need to it's dpnating resources not having to run stuff as a group.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I talk with some real life friends on Discord while we play, otherwise I just occasionally have text conversations with the auto-muted public. You're under no obligation to be social.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

BlueSparkDrift posted:

Hey guys, I'm looking to get back in to PS4 Warframe. I got about as heavily into the game as you can mostly playing solo and joining random games, but if I could get a clan invite that would be awesome. I've also joined one of the PS4 communities just in case.

Also, is interception just not liked in general? It's really rare to find anyone playing those nodes, but I think it's a fun mission type
What's your PSN?
I think the average planets interception isn't played not because it's a garbage mission but that there are specific planet interceptions that have specific drops that people grind for.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also, what's YOUR PSN? I chuckled because for the most part this is precisely how I play. I've had voice chat turned off for over a year because I can only handle so much of people sniffling, munching on cheetos, and yelling at their family. Or the 8 year olds, jesus the 8 year olds. My poor ears.

Side note: in a drunken haze I managed to burn through a pile of energy restores trying to plaster my glyph all over the place. So, there's that. Welcome to Warframe!

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 27, 2018

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

nah, I've been running around like a silent idiot, you'll be fine

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I lost a ton of gear I had equipped, fishing spear, AW launcher, Ciphers etc. Kept the scanner and mining tool but now when I try reequip a spear it doesn't show up in the plains. Anyone know how to fix this? google didn't turn up much and I neeeeed to go fishing.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I know there's a fishing specific sub gear wheel. You didn't manage to equip everything in there somehow, did you? I don't even know if that's possible.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OK that sounds cool. PSN is updogmillionaire, I have the three starter frames and am a day or so away from completing Oberon.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

I know there's a fishing specific sub gear wheel. You didn't manage to equip everything in there somehow, did you? I don't even know if that's possible.

Nope, I've lost all the stuff. Actually lost the equipped mining tool as well. Forgot I had the original one as well. Unequipped the new spear and now it's gone as well, loving hell.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I guess I don't understand. Are they just missing from the gear wheel? Or are they gone from your inventory entirely?

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
From a couple pages back but anyway.

Harrow posted:

Also, guides made it sound like I'd be able to craft Rhino as soon as I got his blueprints but I've got like four planets between me and Plastids. :smith: I'll probably end up asking someone to taxi me into a Saturn mission to go farm them early. I like Excalibur a lot but I'm craving variety over here.

I was in a similar place to you, needing plastids for Rhino. I was resigned to doing more of the star chart before I could do that. Then I did the "A Man of Few Words" quest. That quest's missions are all on Uranus and will shower plastids at you. Once I was done with the quest line I had enough plastids to start Rhino and he'll be done tonight. That was a cool quest too.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

CODChimera posted:

Nope, I've lost all the stuff. Actually lost the equipped mining tool as well. Forgot I had the original one as well. Unequipped the new spear and now it's gone as well, loving hell.

Do you mean they aren't in your gearwheel but you also can't equip them from the arsenal but you still have see them in your non-arsenal inventory? I think I ran into that bug a while ago. Try unequipping the slots the missing items were in and exiting the arsenal. Then try equiping some random item to the same slot and after you unequip that the missing item should show up. Or try verifying your game files. Last resort file a ticket?

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

OK that sounds cool. PSN is updogmillionaire, I have the three starter frames and am a day or so away from completing Oberon.

You might want to try posting in the ps4 community for an invite

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The items are gone as both an item to select on the gear wheel and in my inventory. They just vanished. And the fishing rod is unusable in the plains. Mining tool works

LtSmash posted:

Do you mean they aren't in your gearwheel but you also can't equip them from the arsenal but you still have see them in your non-arsenal inventory? I think I ran into that bug a while ago. Try unequipping the slots the missing items were in and exiting the arsenal. Then try equiping some random item to the same slot and after you unequip that the missing item should show up. Or try verifying your game files. Last resort file a ticket?

Thanks yeah I'll give that a go.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just to touch base, many of that gear are consumables like the ciphers. Do you need to craft more?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Raptor1033 posted:

Just to touch base, many of that gear are consumables like the ciphers. Do you need to craft more?

Yes. Eventually you can buy blueprints to build them in batches.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I have multiple flux rifle rivens now. I guess I should level a flux rifle.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
So I've been completely negligent in terms of my guide to PoE, due to the start of school (actually due to Monster Hunter World, sorry not sorry). I am very out of the loop regarding Eidolon hunting now, so what I am thinking of doing is simply linking the best guide out there and calling it a wrap, at least until Venus. Does anyone have a guide they particularly recommend for Eidolon hunting?

Additionally, have there any systemic changes that would require an update to the fishing/mining/Zaw portions of my guide? The only thing I'm aware of is the buff to actually aiming your mining laser, although that's pretty minor.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AttackBacon posted:

So I've been completely negligent in terms of my guide to PoE, due to the start of school (actually due to Monster Hunter World, sorry not sorry). I am very out of the loop regarding Eidolon hunting now, so what I am thinking of doing is simply linking the best guide out there and calling it a wrap, at least until Venus. Does anyone have a guide they particularly recommend for Eidolon hunting?

Additionally, have there any systemic changes that would require an update to the fishing/mining/Zaw portions of my guide? The only thing I'm aware of is the buff to actually aiming your mining laser, although that's pretty minor.

Boosters now affect fishing/mining, that's about it.

Dolons, it's the same exact poo poo just with more spazzy lightshows involved. There's more involved strategies if you're doing all three, but I don't know if you're doing an in-depth guide or just an overview for new people, so eh. (also I can't be hosed typing it up/flowcharting it)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drop rate boosters affect fishing/mining, that is. the doublers have worked almost from the start.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rynder posted:

You might want to try posting in the ps4 community for an invite
Ah, I read the title and OP, thought this was for PS4.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think Rynder means the PSN community that you can join--there's not a separate PS4 thread on SA.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah, I read the title and OP, thought this was for PS4.

You should have an invite waiting for you in-game now!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Feel free to laugh at this question.

I have a veiled rifle riven mod to get 3 headshot kills in a single midair glide (??? I forget how to do this) while wearing a hobbled key. Suggestions? Can I hand this poo poo off to someone else and have them unlock it and give me my mod back?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Clocks posted:

Feel free to laugh at this question.

I have a veiled rifle riven mod to get 3 headshot kills in a single midair glide (??? I forget how to do this) while wearing a hobbled key. Suggestions? Can I hand this poo poo off to someone else and have them unlock it and give me my mod back?

Zephyr

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I usually do the aim glide and wall cling challenges in Void Defense. It's a big room with high ceilings and a tiny chokepoint filtering in enemies in a predictable way.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Harrow posted:

I too want to make my frames extremely flashy and with cool capes and crazy helmet shapes.

Quite a lot of the nicer cosmetic gear (called Tennogen) is Steam wallet cash-only. It's community-designed, and the artist gets a cut of the purchase price, which is presumably why it has to be done like that.

Warframe needs to be installed via Steam, not the version downloaded direct from DE. Don't know if this stuff is available on console at all.

That is not really explained anywhere of course, but removing + re-installing keeps all settings, so isn't a big deal apart from the huge download again.

On the plus side you can make your namesake look like this:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/942811070056449384/E7F3EC3BC517D3BCDE6151C54CA7B5068147D86B/

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Limbo, stasis, cataclysm, line up 3+ headshots, start air gliding/bullet time, deactivate stasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Don't talk to me or my crotch-son ever again.