Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

the thing that has me the most angry post-escalator is the widespread acceptance that "image macros" == "memes"

just join the Descriptive side and you'll never have to burst an aneurysm over this again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Shageletic posted:

lol look at this Alito bitch

while he uses a statue using whether instead of if to justify the wholesale uncontestable detention of potentially millions of people all on the say so of LEOs and the AG, who has to do several proactive steps to allow them their freedom while their status is being contested.

is this about breyer's 4 pages on "detain"? lol seems more than linguistics to me at least. he only spent half a page on the OED definition!

e: id actually be interested in knowing what alito says about page 26, but i cba reading his opinion, bit dry for me

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Addamere posted:

your graph doesnt show 2017 or 2018 so it does not disprove the guy at all

Reading hard

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

does this mean they got some really good poo poo on Trump?

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/968320978492280834

when you have sharted in your poorly hemmed slacks :whitewater:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

cyber and digital

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Corny posted:

this kid is extremely good

On that Alex Jones THICC pic

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/968518850340950016

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Pat Toomey can go gently caress himself.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Painting my president as a senile old dipshit wandering aimlessly around an active sporting event to trigger the libs

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

i hope (and am just assuming) that this is making jones apoplectic

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

make hogg the new daily show host just so he can do this for 5 days a week

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i had to walk 10 miles through the snow with mortar fire raining down on me back when i was in school. a little ar-15 fire would have been as refreshing as a spring rain. kids these days are too soft

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

lmfao

i wonder what historians are going to think about this painting (j/k we all know this is going to be forgotten and in a landfill somewhere soon enough)

trump standing in a... football stadium? with a flag that looks like it was pulled the WTC wreckage? And he looks... constipated???

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i love this painting because it implies that a severely senile and confused trump wandered on to a football field while deep in a fit of flagfucking and nobody stopped him. in fact that makes him smart

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm offended because it's bad art. Like Thomas Kinkaid makes better paintings than that.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

LOSE one stop of light in ONE MONTH

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

a helpful bear posted:

from that idiot that got roasted by The Hogg

https://twitter.com/MarkRocon/status/967906062945914880

:thunk: but they banned them in 97?

https://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

shocker, i know, that chuds on the internet lie lie lie

its still the 90s in australia

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rude teens saving the world.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Why is he also holding a hanky?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Modern Games Workshop official artwork is more interesting to look at than that painting.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NofrikinfuN posted:

dude you can gently caress the flag but don’t cum in it!!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

turmp has hosed that flag so fiercely that it's begun to fray at the ends. the refs have had the game stopped for over an hour because nobody knows what to do

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i like how an entire stadium apaprently showed up to watch a flag get desecrated and then trump wandered in crying so hard he needed a handkerchief

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

somebody once told me the electoral college is gonna throw me

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

NofrikinfuN posted:

its a cum rag, op. he's fuckin' that flag

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
yes art guy can you make me look im somehow wearing a mask of my own face and strongly give off the impression that i don't know where i am or what im doing, thank you

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

why is he hugging a gross old tattered and poop-stained flag

p sure flag code says something about what needs to be done to such flags

and no it's not loving them

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

if you go to the artists website you can probably mouse over every part of the painting to get a very detailed explanation

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sandoz posted:

if you go to the artists website you can probably mouse over every part of the painting to get a very detailed explanation

mouse over the genitals to see a fully modeled prostate

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

your graph doesnt show 2017 or 2018 so it does not disprove the guy at all

the guy is talking about 12 months after the gun laws which was forever ago

oh wait hes talking about a firearms amnesty a year ago, not a gun law

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

regarding the likely prospect of a 5-4 decision on Janus against public unions making non-union members pay fees

quote:

Former Reagan administration solicitor general Charles Fried warned in an amicus brief that the court risks setting in motion “drastic changes in First Amendment doctrine that essentially threaten to constitutionalize every workplace dispute.”

Among the potential responses already being contemplated by labor: seeking to overturn laws such as Wisconsin’s limiting what unions can ask for in bargaining; challenging laws that make public-sector bargaining illegal for some; and allowing workers to opt out of paying for pension-fund and municipal lobbying.

“The ruling could both wildly increase workers’ bargaining power and clog the lower courts with First Amendment challenges to routine uses of taxpayer money,” Shaun Richman, a former organizing director for the American Federation of Teachers, wrote in In These Times.

And the chaos won’t be limited to labor law. Among the other things that might be challenged if government-imposed payments become unconstitutional “compelled speech”: bar dues, student-association fees, utility bills, auto-insurance premiums, continuing-education requirements for doctors and other professionals, homeowners association dues, training for school-bus drivers and others, vaccinations, attorney-supervised real estate closings.

“There is no principled way to draw a line between these cases and the many instances where the government compels individuals to purchase speech, or to purchase services from private actors who are free to spend the compelled subsidies on speech,” University of Berkeley law professor Eugene Volokh (no friend of labor) wrote in an amicus brief.

And perhaps people will decide that they have a free-speech reason not to pay taxes, because it compels them to support the military, or public universities. After all, the message on those Koch-brothers signs at the court Monday was sweeping: “No one should be forced to fund causes they don’t believe in.”

:getin:

Quotey posted:

is this about breyer's 4 pages on "detain"? lol seems more than linguistics to me at least. he only spent half a page on the OED definition!

e: id actually be interested in knowing what alito says about page 26, but i cba reading his opinion, bit dry for me

you'd better believe he sperged about that for awhile. dunno about page 26 still haven't gotten to the dissent.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:bernpop:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

today is really good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol alex jones is a piece of poo poo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zeal posted:

imagine the sputtering equivocations if someone publicly insulted trump and challenged him to a duel of honor

or his whimpering meekness when stuck alone with even one of londo's wives, to say nothing of all three at once

or his absolute cringing terror at being asked to pilot a shuttle through the anti-aircraft barrage of an ancient alien planetary base

londo for president 2020

gowron imo

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hannity 100% has that painting hanging next to that stupid-rear end Forgotten Man painting w/ Obama stomping on the constitution doesn't he

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

sandoz posted:

who has time for that

at least ben garrison would have put a label on the cumrag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

same

• Locked thread