Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also the loot is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

So are the boxes. I just wish they were more vibrantly colored/less shadowed by the environment like in the older games because I occasionally miss the camp boxes still.

But yeah, MHW shows that you can still bring a wide swath of changes to a tried and true formula without accidentally dumping a huge pile of dung on it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Not seeing anything in the patch notes about seeing Fireteam members on the Destination map. :(

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Rat King quest now only requires a Normal Nightfall completion since the timer is gone. Now if only the gun was worth using.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Burning_Monk posted:

Not seeing anything in the patch notes about seeing Fireteam members on the Destination map. :(

Dude.

Bungie posted:

General

Opt-in Text Chat for PC is now available in Social Spaces and Public Areas
Fireteam members now appear on Destination Map
Damage Reduction granted by Armor Masterworks while a Super ability is active has been increased from 3% to 5% per armor piece

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

I swear that wasn't there an hour or so ago. I checked twice before posting.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Burning_Monk posted:

I swear that wasn't there an hour or so ago. I checked twice before posting.

They patched the patch notes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

New Monarchy takes the Hat Trick! 3 wins in a row. Feels like Taken King Dead Orbit essentialism allll over again.

Legal Action II is pretty aite; feels like some Hakke pulses I used to shoot in D1, minus a characteristic 4rd burst.

It's a solid HCR platform. My PVE trials on Nessus showed mid to longer range capability completely acceptable. Gonna give it the ol' crucru try in a while here.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Wait there was another faction rally?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
yeah lol

I picked NM again and did one milestone so you're welcome everyone

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh missed it again hahaha.

Whatever, Prey is better anyway :agesilaus:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That poo poo should really not be a monthly event and should instead always be occurring.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Those faction outfits aren't as nice as bungie apparently thinks they are

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

nickhimself posted:

Those faction outfits aren't as nice as bungie apparently thinks they are

Palette swaps*

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Xarbala posted:

The "what else have you been playing" topic may have passed but I've put in 200 hours into Monster Hunter World, of which I'm told a frankly silly amount of Destiny 2 streamers have switched off to?

Yeah and for the most part theyre the worst ones streaming lol

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

limaCAT posted:

I still can't wrap my head that Saints Row III, a game produced by a company that was essentially dying, without DLC gives you 60 hours of activities to do solo (that is if you include completing all the pieces of the map, sidequests with awesome interaction with the sandbox and maxing out your character), while Destiny 2 gives you a 6 hour campaign and a 4 hour multiplayer raid, and essentially all the sidequests are useless because if you finish the campaign you are way too much overleveled for the rewards. Oh yes and unlocking perks on your character is useless as well.
This is a really weird comparison, open world games are always longer than shooters if you can slog through to the end but the gameplay loop in SR3 was extremely monotonous. It's not like the third "go here and kill these guys" mission was different from the fourth and the world was bland as all hell. That said, SR3 suffers in that it's not nearly as fun as its predecessor and most of the dialog was written by a bunch of people high on their own farts so maybe it is a good comparison.

I'm pretty much done with D2 and have been for a couple weeks and there's all sorts of things wrong with the endgame, but I still got plenty of time out of it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Yeah and for the most part theyre the worst ones streaming lol

Right?

Newbies need to step back and actually learn but I guess they don't have time for that when they need to keep their viewership numbers

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Spanish Manlove posted:

That poo poo should really not be a monthly event and should instead always be occurring.

I completely agree, there's enough guns in the pool now that it wouldn't feel stale. Be cool to just have the Enemy Supply Drop events join the general public event rotation; I like it when both a normal AND supply drop event proc at once, because, zone dependent, they're very doable in parallel

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 28, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Bungie: We don't want players to grind for hours and hours every day of the week.

Also Bungie: If you want everything you'll have to grind for hours and hours during this one week. And it's RNG lootboxes.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ain't this the truth. I had next to no time to play the game last week. Oh well!

It seems to be timed to Flashpoint Mercury to make sure that the people who didn't buy the DLC don't see all their goals disappear in a puff of smoke for a week and leave.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Argas posted:

Bungie: We don't want players to grind for hours and hours every day of the week.

Also Bungie: If you want everything you'll have to grind for hours and hours during this one week. And it's RNG lootboxes.

I coulda sworn I saw something about only getting new items until you had everything, but maybe that was only for Crimson Days or something? I got three or four of the new FWC auto The Doubt (which is pretty cool btw) before I saw a Pleides Corrector, which only turned up Monday night way later than I should have been playing, and only after way more random events than I ever wanted to do in a week.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I coulda sworn I saw something about only getting new items until you had everything, but maybe that was only for Crimson Days or something?

Correct. Crimson days was the first test of that. Also had the dupe protection as a test for exotics and because you couldn't buy the loot boxes

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Argas posted:

This does bother me a lot. I grinded Iron banner enough to unlock all but 1 ornament, and still only got 4 pieces of armor. (3 on my hunter and 1 on my titan.) not even a full set.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cheap Shot posted:

This does bother me a lot. I grinded Iron banner enough to unlock all but 1 ornament, and still only got 4 pieces of armor. (3 on my hunter and 1 on my titan.) not even a full set.

Well for armor now at least you can buy the pieces after turning in X level ups' worth of tokens.

Why you can't do this guns :iiam:

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Waffle House posted:

I completely agree, there's enough guns in the pool now that it wouldn't feel stale. Be cool to just have the Enemy Supply Drop events join the general public event rotation; I like it when both a normal AND supply drop event proc at once, because, zone dependent, they're very doable in parallel

:thunk:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

There were only like 6 guns/faction when FRs launched. Getting the same six guns and one set of armor over and over for a season would blow. This is how Destiny 1 was though lol

I want my sweet-rear end exotic capes back :argh:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Maybe FWC would win once if their gear looked Cool AF like it did before:

FWC aesthetic used to be "this faction also appeared in TRON and sponsors a team in Sony's WipeOut franchise."

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Craptacular! posted:

Maybe FWC would win once if their gear looked Cool AF like it did before:

FWC aesthetic used to be "this faction also appeared in TRON and sponsors a team in Sony's WipeOut franchise."

Thaaat's the stuff. Love those BIG BOLD FLAVORS

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I really do love FWC’s inexplicable ripped-from-Wipeout aesthetic.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Lol jfc I never played D1 but it looks so much more thought out and developed than D2

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

nickhimself posted:

Lol jfc I never played D1 but it looks so much more thought out and developed than D2

The first year of Destiny 2 is being spent almost entirely on bringing it back up to D1 standards. If you want a preview of the upcoming roadmap to D2, play D1.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Something about FWC’s branding being in English space-comic sans doesn’t feel very futuristic to me.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

I don't actually like the white FWC camo, but I really enjoy the blue/orange 70s scifi/Nascar look.

I would have LOVED Dead Orbit when I was 14.

New Monarchy is ... not terrible? The colors look good and my hunter looks like a Lannister so it's not all bad.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Something about FWC’s branding being in English space-comic sans doesn’t feel very futuristic to me.

A singularity of branding

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

nickhimself posted:

D1...so much more thought out and developed than D2

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Destiny 2 twitter posted something about the new nightfall scoring system and I haven’t been able to find a single positive tweet in the comments after ten minutes of scrolling

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Bust Rodd posted:

The Destiny 2 twitter posted something about the new nightfall scoring system and I haven’t been able to find a single positive tweet in the comments after ten minutes of scrolling

you expected to find positive comments on twitter? Have you ever actually used the website before for anything game related?

Bungie could announce that all future DLC is free and they’re removing Eververse and also sending Fifth Element-era Milla Jovovich to your house to suck your dick and the responses to the tweet would still be a lot of nerds curious about some inconsequential bullshit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

By all accounts it seems the actual prestige NF (330 light) once you've gotten mods unlocked is deec.

But in classic bungo fashion they didn't communicate that the normal nf was not gonna have mods as part of a hairbrained scheme to try and sell their poo poo osiris DLC.

1 step forward 2 steps back.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Legs Benedict posted:

you expected to find positive comments on twitter? Have you ever actually used the website before for anything game related?

Bungie could announce that all future DLC is free and they’re removing Eververse and also sending Fifth Element-era Milla Jovovich to your house to suck your dick and the responses to the tweet would still be a lot of nerds curious about some inconsequential bullshit

In fairness though, strike scoring was lovely in D1 and is gonna be lovely in D2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

nickhimself posted:

hahahahahaha.

check out this guy lol

• Locked thread