Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

That DICK! posted:

if "being a nazi" isn't a reason to end a friendship, i'm curious what she thinks is

being rude to her, personally

also she's an old who got her brain poisoned by the internet somehow so she's probably spectacularly stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

lmao what a self-righteous dumbass

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

if you people love light rail so much why don't u marry it

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Rah! posted:

State Supreme Court Strikes Down 50-Year Sentences For Juveniles

nice :ca:

can't wait for the supreme court to shoot it down and then rule in favor of a new law giving 100 year sentences to all juvenile offenders :911:

Jesus loving christ

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/968570068312428549

:thunk:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

That DICK! posted:

if "being a nazi" isn't a reason to end a friendship, i'm curious what she thinks is

having a lack of decorum

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Nichael posted:

also, my post wasn't an endorsement of apathy btw. there's still time to fix society, and there's still good people out there. the hard work is in giving people the hope to end this nightmare.

there's time to fix society but middle america is too in love with blaming non-whites for their problems as they spike up on fetanyl to bother

also hard work and sacrifice aren't america's forte lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

people who were like 25+ and on the internet around 2000 are absolutely the stupidest people, i agree

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Everything's gonna be dead within our lifetime.

https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/968524262549131264

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

quote:

I identify politically as an anarchist pacifist.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The difference between the Bronze Age Collapse and the upcoming Information Age Collapse is that the bronze age sea people were armed with bronze age weapons and were fighting against defenders armed with bronze age weapons, while the Information Age refugees will be armed with automatic weapons and will be fighting against defenders armed with biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons.

Rather than the whole of civilization burning because of a huge clash of hungry mouths killing each other to death, we'll see all the refugee countries (except their rich, whom will flee without incident) massacred and/or starved to extinction. Their great cities and monuments will survive, and the countries they attempted to flee to will be fine but for their own environmental struggles.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

pathetic little tramp posted:

climate engineering won't work because the earth's ecosystem is so insanely complex there's basically no way to know what pumping all that sulphur into the air or whatever is going to do

we may not know what it will do

but it'll be funny anyway

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Durf posted:

more like :wrong: whales

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i've never played D&D in my life beyond like two rounds when my friends all inevitably get bored and kill each other but i can state with authority that "anarchist pacifist" is some cross-class bullshit

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Durf posted:

so your telling me things are going better than ever expected

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Mike Flynn Jr. would pick a fight with the goth kids at the food court and Gülen would escape in the confusion.

Yeah, but Gulen wouldn't get far! He'd be dazzled by the sheer variety of quality foods from all around the world. King of Prussia Mall is the taster's hub and culinary capital of the north-west edge of Philadelphia's city limits!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pathetic little tramp posted:

climate engineering won't work because the earth's ecosystem is so insanely complex there's basically no way to know what pumping all that sulphur into the air or whatever is going to do

climate change will become painfully obvious around 2040, they'll try some desperate changes that will accelerate things, and by 2060 we'll be pretty much extinct

*vetos solar shade votes*

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

if you people love light rail so much why don't u marry it

eyyyy im more of a fan of the heavy rail, if u know what i mean eyyy more cushion for da pushiOH gently caress *drops half eaten gabagool on bathroom floor*

eyyy five second rule

:tutbutt:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

there's time to fix society but middle america is too in love with blaming non-whites for their problems as they spike up on fetanyl to bother

also hard work and sacrifice aren't america's forte lol

we outnumber them, it's just a matter of getting people to do anything at all

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpaceGoku posted:

also she's an old who got her brain poisoned by the internet somehow so she's probably spectacularly stupid

:same: and :yossame:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weeping Wound posted:

Temple of the Gun

im alderman guns and i strictly denounce this message unless the temple is for gays in which case its a-ok

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/OfficialJoelF/status/968283508455165956

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Addamere posted:

more like :wrong: whales

they were called right whales because the were just right for killing

lol (?)

:(

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Climate change is definitely going to kill us all. Even if climate engineering worked, there would be no political will. Say 20000 magical carbon capture plants would fix things, it would all break down because of funding. Sure we could have the resources and the manpower but good luck convincing the wealthy to give up the last decade of their life in luxury so humanity doesn't go extinct.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Addamere posted:

The difference between the Bronze Age Collapse and the upcoming Information Age Collapse is that the bronze age sea people were armed with bronze age weapons and were fighting against defenders armed with bronze age weapons, while the Information Age refugees will be armed with automatic weapons and will be fighting against defenders armed with biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons.

Rather than the whole of civilization burning because of a huge clash of hungry mouths killing each other to death, we'll see all the refugee countries (except their rich, whom will flee without incident) massacred and/or starved to extinction. Their great cities and monuments will survive, and the countries they attempted to flee to will be fine but for their own environmental struggles.

I can legit see humanity being taken down to around 1-2b total population in the next 150-250 years with the coming wars, famine, and plagues

and that's a good scenario with no or very little use of nukes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What I'm saying is, if you want affordable, upscale luxuries while committing a kidnapping for your international criminal syndicate overlords, then King of Prussia Mall is the shopping paradise of your dreams!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

wow
#activism

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

deathbysnusnu posted:

Climate change is definitely going to kill us all. Even if climate engineering worked, there would be no political will. Say 20000 magical carbon capture plants would fix things, it would all break down because of funding. Sure we could have the resources and the manpower but good luck convincing the wealthy to give up the last decade of their life in luxury so humanity doesn't go extinct.

Remind me to :thermidor: you later for defeatism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Remind me to :thermidor: you later for defeatism

I'm a very cynical person, and I kind of think we're hosed. But I think defeatism is stupid because what the gently caress else can you do besides work to end the nightmare?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

deathbysnusnu posted:

There was a great quote someone posted in here by a sci-fi author saying that including climate collapse in his stories is more science fact than fiction, and to enact any meaningful change humanity would have had to have started in the 70s. Any story of which would be pure fantasy.

Durf has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Feb 27, 2018

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao :wtc:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

The human project was always doomed to fail

(that's a bitcoin mine)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
oh right this thread is actively bad for my mental health, that's why I stopped checking it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nichael posted:

I'm a very cynical person, and I kind of think we're hosed. But I think defeatism is stupid because what the gently caress else can you do besides work to end the nightmare?

:yeah:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gringostar posted:

I can legit see humanity being taken down to around 1-2b total population in the next 150-250 years with the coming wars, famine, and plagues

and that's a good scenario with no or very little use of nukes

if I'm Chairman Sheng-ji Jinping, my use of WMDs will be limited to tactical strikes along mountain passes to incinerate herds of Peacekeeper troops and discourage them from trying to get into my country

also gonna eyefuck the gently caress outta santiago

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Kill maim burn

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Grondoth posted:

oh right this thread is actively bad for my mental health, that's why I stopped checking it

:yeah:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

Extra History has a nice series on this:

what's wrong with the narrator's voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

watch people die

it's the only reason i still get up in the morning

• Locked thread