Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I think some people misunderstand the environmentalist message of CC if they think we're supposed to be on the side of the genocidal dwarves. CC is not the most nuanced game ever but there's a reason all the "radical environmentalist" forces are the bad guys.
They even get their own ending! One of my favorite things about CC is it has multiple endings and there is a whole ending dedicated to humans being genocided by the "forces of nature", including our dwarf buddies. It is decidedly the grimmest ending in the game as far as I can recall.

(Meanwhile, Kid taking over the world is easily the best and happiest ending. As such, I must conclude CC has a pro-human message.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

seiferguy posted:

Chrono Cross had a good ethical dilemma of saving Kid meant killing the last living hydra if you went that route (I never did, I always left her to die).

it's a non-dilemma because if you don't kill the last hydra someone else does and brings the hydra humour instead

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The White Dragon posted:

it's a non-dilemma because if you don't kill the last hydra someone else does and brings the hydra humour instead

The death of the Hydra and the source of the humour are unrelated if you go that route.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Demo seems to just be the exact same as the game instead of the demos on the console, game runs good on my PC which was all I was worried about. A shame saves don't transfer over.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh man, you guys, the FF XV port is extremely well done if the demo is any indication. I'm rolling mostly all high settings and getting 60 fps on my old rear end 780.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This really shouldn't be a surprise. Unlike other ports of FF games, cough cough FFXIII, the PC version was allegedly rebuilt from the ground up and re-optimized for PC.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there an "I'm not playing in 4K" setting so I don't have to download 150 gigs of textures?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Is there an "I'm not playing in 4K" setting so I don't have to download 150 gigs of textures?

Yes. The 4K assets are an optional download.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why does ff12hd have an option under music for both "original" and "OST" =_=

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The demo was a technical mess for me, the frame counter shows a solid 60 but the framepacing in fullscreen is awful despite MSI afterburner showing a flat 16.6ms graphline. When I alt tab out and back in so it's forced to run windowed fullscreen it's perfectly fine again but restarting in fullscreen is a no-go.
Lots of stuttering too, when you pan the camera around 360 degrees a few times in the same spot. It never hits more than 70-80% CPU and GPU usage on my 6600k/1080ti but struggles to load in new areas seamlessly despite being on a 850 EVO ssd. I'll give it a hard pass.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Relin posted:

Original was recorded from being played on a PS2 synth, OST was the same tracks played on a better quality synth.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Relin posted:

From my understanding the soundfont that FFXII used on the PS2 is insanely expensive to use and license and Square basically got to use it for free since they were so in-bed with Sony at the time.
I don't think whatever agreement Square and Sony covered soundtracks and the like so Square had to create an imitation, hence the OST version.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Isn't it wild that original can mean both "new piece of work" and "old piece of work"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Why is the demo for FF15 21 GB

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Well the base game is like 1 million GB so

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's a game with a fucktonne of models and textures and maybe uncompressed audio.

Also you have no choice of not getting the 4k textures with the demo, so that adds up.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
8k Naked Dino Mods Badda-BOOM

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I remember when I got my 250gb ssd thinking ya this’ll fit windows and like 10 games and now it fits 1

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I remember when I got my 250gb ssd thinking ya this’ll fit windows and like 10 games and now it fits 1

Yeah lol this is getting to be a problem

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
FFXV is over double the size of Witcher 3 with all DLC, a game that has twice the length and five times the content.

That download size isn't the start of a trend, it's yet another piece of evidence that SE Can't Port Good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Does the Witcher even have one highland cow analogue rendered lovingly in 32K TressFX Hairworks EXTREME ULTRA settings?

I thought not.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Oxxidation posted:

FFXV is over double the size of Witcher 3 with all DLC, a game that has twice the length and five times the content.

That download size isn't the start of a trend, it's yet another piece of evidence that SE Can't Port Good.

Its just a different engine strategy. With consoles they have a single render target and therefore don't need to have every single possible resolution of texture included in the game. And despite having less content the focus on fidelity means FFXV has a ton more unique environmental assets than the Witcher

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So dissidia nt was an Amazon deal of the day and I was still super groggy after waking up to think things through so I just clicked purchase. Hopefully it's a good game?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Well, at least you got it for a discount so you won't be as mad when your eyes awaken to the truth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Does the Witcher even have one highland cow analogue rendered lovingly in 32K TressFX Hairworks EXTREME ULTRA settings?

I thought not.

Hah, hairworks performance was a serious issue on Witcher, best result was a mod that would disable hairworks on the protagonist but enable it on monsters, because it was set so high on Geralt's lustrous locks.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Now that I think about it, the only major developer nowadays who does any major optimization to reduce file sizes is Nintendo.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
That's mostly because Nintendo still sorta has to. Everyone else should, but doesn't because its all stored on your hardrive rather than anything like a disc now, so they don't have space concerns. Basically a simple mindset of "it's the customers problem to deal with now, so we'll just not even try".

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a general thread for Final Fantasy XV or even the new upcoming PC version?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
No, it got killed by forum bugs

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

No, it got killed by forum bugs

Ugh I remember that. I wonder if someone will start a new one or perhaps I can just cut and paste the old one.

Much to my surprise my PC can run the thing in 1080p at standard according to the benchmark, so maybe I'll give it a try, well at least the demo.

But :lol: at that 100 gig install space. Hell the demo alone is the same size of MGS V.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If you make it, they will come.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Decided to try going through the bestiary for 12, and saw that there's an enemy that only spawns when your game time is between 10-20 minutes and I don't want this trophy anymore.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

If you make it, they will come.

But I'm lazy...oh fine I'll cut and paste the old one as much as possible and post a new one a little later. No actual new content mind you, but hopefully someone will get annoyed and just write the new info and I'll paste it in.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Decided to try going through the bestiary for 12, and saw that there's an enemy that only spawns when your game time is between 10-20 minutes and I don't want this trophy anymore.

What's the problem

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Bruceski posted:

Headcrab man said the full HD version is only 100 GB.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That was actually a very accurate description.

Still this is going to be a royal pain in the rear end to get that much space on my 250gb SSD.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh boy I will make the Cindy Aurum Appreciation Station if you won't.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Chrono Trigger just showed up on steam, huh.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the problem

I'm at like 35 mins game time, and some of these spawn requirements are annoyingly specific.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

seiferguy posted:

I'm at like 35 mins game time, and some of these spawn requirements are annoyingly specific.

Hope you enjoy doing that in the Giza Plains and having to wait 2 real world hours for the map to rotate over!

FF12 is a game that doesn't want you to play it so maybe you should listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

seiferguy posted:

The CT port is apparently very bad and is just the mobile version or something, if Twitter is to be believed :(

Re ff12: I gave up on hunts the first time I found one where the monster wasn’t where the map said it would be, I don’t know what kind of masochist the bestiary challenge is meant for.