Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Duscat posted:

because a civilization that does not understand the universe and deliberately chooses not to understand it isn't going to last long against those that do, and, in my opinion, isn't worth living in anyway

okay, but i asked why you think trying to understand the universe is something inherent to civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

hmm extinction could happen much faster without civilization, hidden benefits!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hunter gatherers cons: women forced to carry their children to term due to complete lack of abortions and birth control, which also has a 2% chance of just killing the mother

hunter gatherer pros: I get to slowly hunt antelope and chat with my bros

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Zikan posted:

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/968593846874595329

lol this is what mid level civilian contractors max out on, it doesn’t get you poo poo

also, good luck getting rank in the military without a TS clearance. you get stuck with only a secret and your career is dead in the water

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Magazine size linits and all guns must jam constantly

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Duscat posted:

because a civilization that does not understand the universe and deliberately chooses not to understand it isn't going to last long against those that do, and, in my opinion, isn't worth living in anyway

We all go back to hunter gatherers and a few generations later someone rediscovers agriculture and bronze working and it's back to the stabby stab class driven societies all over again. The biggest rear end in a top hat in the room always has a massive advantage see all of human history especially the present.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

*in extremely hunter gatherer voice* Honestly things would be so much better if women were just dying in childbirth wayyyyy more often
*while ripping a weed doob*

wouldnt it be cool to go back to a time when they had drugs

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

deathbysnusnu posted:

Seriously how dumb does Russian call girl who bumps elbows with top Russian elites have to be. There's an integer overflow percent chance she's personally seen someone poloniumed for less.

lol she thought america would swoop in and save her

:sad:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

hunter gatherers cons: women forced to carry their children to term due to complete lack of abortions and birth control, which also has a 2% chance of just killing the mother

wow those guys have really good tech if they've got it down to 2%

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Thomas would agree, you have the right to bear single fire muskets like they had in 1776

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

pro-tip: bang your bros while waiting for antelope to show up

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

I did a thing posted:

also, good luck getting rank in the military without a TS clearance. you get stuck with only a secret and your career is dead in the water
lmao if you think trump won't xerox all the top secret poo poo for kush

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Rah! posted:

Trump heard about it and has the top secret orbital drop pod strike force ready to extract her (into a shallow grave).

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the neanderthals do not send us their best

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

new kind of cat posted:

gently caress this hoodwinking cretin

the worst part is we wasted the very cool moniker "the ragin' cajun" on this guy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

SKULL.GIF posted:

what exactly about the investigation has indicated to you that trump is unlikely to be gotten

mueller has been slowly working his way up the organization and almost everything he's done has put trump further and further into a corner

I think Muellers unusual ability to keep his poo poo under wraps muddies the waters on this but, like, all signs are very very bad for Trump and everyone around him. In addition to that, staying quiet lets Trump's Smoothbrain disease and it's Fox News enablers buy their own bullshit and preening around about how totally exonerated they are probably prevents a lot of meddling that would slow them up if certain people were as scared as they should be.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

jBrereton posted:

this implies trump knows how to use a copy machine

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i think i should kill myself dilbert

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ideacity/status/968593837080961025

quote:

"How do we make sure that individuals with mental illness do not touch a gun?" Florida Gov. Rick Scott asked yesterday, responding to the shooting that killed 17 people at a Broward County high school on Wednesday. The question, reminiscent of NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's demand for "an active national database of the mentally ill" after the Sandy Hook massacre in 2012, is woefully misbegotten, casting an unmanageably wide net into the wrong ocean.

Survey data indicate that half of all Americans will qualify for a psychiatric diagnosis at some point in their lives, while a quarter of them do in any given year. Does Rick Scott or Wayne LaPierre think the government should strip 160 million people, or even just 80 million, of their Second Amendment rights because their mental illnesses might predispose them to commit mass murder?

Federal law currently stops far short of disarming all "individuals with mental illness," disqualifying from gun ownership only those who have undergone forcible psychiatric treatment, which is supposed to be based on a legal finding that they pose a danger to themselves or others. That rule is already unreasonably broad, since it means that someone who poses no threat to other people—someone who, say, is committed for treatment because his relatives think he might be suicidal—is not allowed to exercise his constitutional right to armed self-defense, even decades later. Yet the rule was not broad enough to stop Nikolas Cruz, the man charged with carrying out the attack on the Florida high school, from legally purchasing the rifle he used.
and that's with the bullshit approach to categorizing things as "mental illness" nowadays or the way "you break it, you buy it" policies dont apply to society

lmao we deserve more violence

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Question: what is the narrative going to be when a school shooter goes up against armed teachers and still kills a dozen or so students?

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Rah! posted:

if true and she actually is the ONLY link, then this has all the makings of a hollywood over-the-top jason bourne movie

i choose to believe its true. she knows everything mueller needs to connect the dots

don jr is going to offer thai authorities money to trophy hunt her in the forests of south east asia

he'll be on HD video arranging this deal but nothing will happen
:decorum: :matters:

chaos reigns

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Zikan posted:

this implies trump knows how to use a copy machine
he'll ask hope hicks and she'll do it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

we have only discovered more profound ways to not know anything

yeah but a service that automatically photoshops a thinky hand into a photo sent from halfway across the globe is still a much neater trick you can do with electricity than, say, making a feather stick to an amber rod imho

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Reality Loser posted:

Thomas would agree, you have the right to bear single fire muskets like they had in 1776

Oh hahahahah naive liberal. You see there was the automatic puckle gun making your point invalid. Sure it weighed 90 lbs and was a naval mounted stationary gun that shot 7 rounds a minute and was flint lock, but I know more about gun trivia so more guns is always good.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

jBrereton posted:

you mean hope, cause trump doesnt know how to do anything else aside from signing his bigly name on everything

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sloppo posted:

seriously

this is blatantly false / this is advertising / this is lying in advertising

im mad about guns, but now in a different way

Tfr will tell you how this is actually completely true!

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

TMMadman posted:

Question: what is the narrative going to be when a school shooter goes up against armed teachers and still kills a dozen or so students?

all those who died were mooching off the government

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

yeah but a service that automatically photoshops a thinky hand into a photo sent from halfway across the globe is still a much neater trick you can do with electricity than, say, making a feather stick to an amber rod imho

im glad i can do that and also not survive more than maybe a day or two if the power went out forever

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

they watched EM ESS THIR TEEN videos on how to attack our schools. Very brutal! Have to be tough!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

TMMadman posted:

Troops in schools with SAWs

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

zeal posted:

okay, but i asked why you think trying to understand the universe is something inherent to civilization

i didn't say that though, and obviously wouldn't, given that half the country has for the past 40 years been hellbent on trying it your way

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

zeal posted:

because quantum mechanics says the only things that exist are things being observed

or something

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

the worst part is we wasted the very cool moniker "the ragin' cajun" on this guy

that guy's cajun?

drat shame of a waste,

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Really hoping Rick Gates flipped on, at the very least, Michael Cohen, to get Mueller to move to dismiss charges.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

weird/gross 3-way

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

financially racist posted:

david cage is seriously one of the creepiest motherfuckers in gaming and that says a lot. also he is a loving garbage writer who only gets praise from dolts who don't know what good writing actually entails because they've never experienced a story through any medium other than video games.

every bit of this also applies to hideo kojima

wait, the guy who nude-captured ellen page and left all the nipple/vagina textures in the shipping game is a weirdo?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
since the rightwing likes to accuse the left of doing what they do

what's the odd on a false flag shooting where the bad guy (brown person) gets creamed immediately by an armed 'good guy' (white man)?

trump's doing well but i seriously think he needs to add this to his todo list of corrupt leader things

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Teacher wasnt proficient in combat enough to disable a shooter.

All teachers going forward must enlist for mandatory marksmanship and combat training.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/968598621540290561

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

TMMadman posted:

The cowardly teachers suck and don't love kids enough, ban their unions bing bong bing bong so simple

• Locked thread