Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

defund the cbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

namaste friends posted:

defund the cbc

I'd love to take credit for Jesse "Shilling for Bitcoin While Owning It" Hirsch's departure from the morning show but I can't have been the only one to take umbrage at him encouraging old radio-listeners to prop up the bubble he'd invested in. Shame the lesson didn't stick.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

namaste friends posted:

defund the cbc

Yeah what the gently caress is this bullshit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Hubris? Bad tech reporting?

Both?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Hot takes from Toronto:

https://twitter.com/mattgallowaycbc/status/968428805563060225

The Chief of Police blames the LGBTQ community for letting a serial killer run around for eight years.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

infernal machines posted:

Hot takes from Toronto:

The Chief of Police blames the LGBTQ community for letting a serial killer run around for eight years.

"We knew something was up."

What a complete piece of poo poo. This is what he was saying three months ago:

quote:

At an hour-long press conference Friday morning, Toronto police reassured the public that there is no evidence of a serial killer being responsible for a wave of disappearances and two deaths in the city’s LGBT community.

At least nine people have been reported missing in Toronto’s Village neighbourhood, known as a hub for the city’s LGBT community, since March. Of the nine, two men are still missing and two women, one of whom is transgender, have since been found dead. One other man who went missing in the area was found dead, but foul play isn’t suspected. The others have been found safe.

Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders admitted to a group of reporters that the police may not have done the best job in handling these particular disappearances but looked to dispute any suggestion of a potential serial killer being responsible.

“We follow evidence,” Saunders said. “The evidence is telling us that is not the case right now.”

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Hot takes from Toronto:

Ah yes, the TPS, that organization that is definitely known for its great relationship with the local gay community.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Helsing posted:

"We knew something was up."

What a complete piece of poo poo. This is what he was saying three months ago:

Yeah, he's blaming the community for there being no evidence of a serial killer responsible for the disappearances. Except of course several of the victims were Facebook friends with McArthur. So either TPS are some of the least competent investigators on the planet, and have never heard of social graphs, or they weren't looking.

Based on Xtra, Vice, and Torontoist articles about the missing men over the last year and a bit, it's pretty obvious they weren't looking. There are multiple quotes from police sources that can be summed up as "Sometime gay men just wander off, it happens, nothing out of the ordinary".

flakeloaf posted:

Ah yes, the TPS, that organization that is definitely known for its great relationship with the local gay community.

Funny that, innit? And with the parade and all. Makes you think.

aarp
Dec 22, 2004

#2 Hot Dog Club Member

Hot takes from Toronto:

fast forward to the summer when cops are confused and hurt after they’re asked to not march in uniform at Pride

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Yeah, he's blaming the community for there being no evidence of a serial killer responsible for the disappearances. Except of course several of the victims were Facebook friends with McArthur. So either TPS are some of the least competent investigators on the planet, and have never heard of social graphs, or they weren't looking.

Based on Xtra, Vice, and Torontoist articles about the missing men over the last year and a bit, it's pretty obvious they weren't looking. There are multiple quotes from police sources that can be summed up as "Sometime gay men just wander off, it happens, nothing out of the ordinary".
they were busy stinging guys looking for hookups and lobbying the city to defund Pride.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Andray Domise has words about Chief Saunders, read the thread. A handy timeline of events.

https://twitter.com/AndrayDomise/status/968553304681627648

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/federal-budget-2018-watch-live-video/

budget speech time motherfuckers

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
5 weeks leave for non-birth parent.
Gender pay equity.
Diversity in science.
Help for startups to 'scale' in employees.
Indigenous reconciliation.
Boost in foreign aid focusing in gender equality.
Nothing to respond to president piss baby's tax cuts.
'national conversation on pharmacare' :rolleyes:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
oh look you guys, andrew scheer is worried about deficit spending lmao

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

namaste friends posted:

oh look you guys, andrew scheer is worried about deficit spending lmao

He's got like 18 children, he's worried about their future!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
lol loving scheer says it's bad that middle class families have lost kids sports tax credits, income splitting,

shut the gently caress up rear end in a top hat

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

James Baud posted:

He's got like 18 children, he's worried about their future!

this is why we need tax cuts for birth control

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Make birth control and condoms freely available at Shopper's Drug Mart

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
And at parks

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

"We are spending 1 billion over 5 year for X"

Translation: "We are spending 10 million this year, then the funding will quietly disappear in Years 2-5"

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Federally regulated industries will have to report gender pay differences. That's kinda cool. I wonder how much male pilots get paid more than female pilots.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

namaste friends posted:

this is why we need tax cuts for birth control

For most people, CCB vs UCC was an improvement or a wash, but Scheer went from ~3k/mo taxable in wife's name to zero.

I'm not sure that particular argument will win many "on the fence" voters at all.

Anything not totally boring in the budget?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
WOKE BAE RESPONSE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Reality Loser posted:

And at parks

Generally speaking that ain't the kind of loving that leads to babies. Still, from a public health perspective, it's a good idea.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Oh no not the opt in tax credits

What will actual poor purple do now

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
singh:

"no plan to implement national pharmacare"

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Generally speaking that ain't the kind of loving that leads to babies. Still, from a public health perspective, it's a good idea.

i'm pretty sure kellie leitch was an anal baby

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
woke bae must be p butthurt PMJT stole his budget policy

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Liberals are shovelling more money to the CRA to go after offshore account tax evasion, wonder if that will actually do anything.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud has issued a correction as of 11:53 on Aug 25, 2018

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/JenniferRobson8/status/968599996479176706

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
stop saying "drill down" rosie

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
boutique tax credit for "psychiatric dogs"

can some white person explain what this is? hookshot?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so how much is earmarked for blackwater this time around?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

namaste friends posted:

boutique tax credit for "psychiatric dogs"

can some white person explain what this is? hookshot?

"personal support animal". Like a seeing eye dog, but generally abused by people too precious to go anywhere without their purse dog.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
oh so if I have, say, PTSD, i could get the government to buy me a dog?

i'm listening to rosie interview andrew coyne rn and i think i'm getting ptsd

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
stop saying 'moving forward' rosie

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"personal support animal". Like a seeing eye dog, but generally abused by people too precious to go anywhere without their purse dog.

also people who have severe ptsd/mental illness and need a constant emotional anchor, but yeah the rich abuse it of course

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

namaste friends posted:

lol loving scheer says it's bad that middle class families have lost kids sports tax credits, income splitting,

shut the gently caress up rear end in a top hat

my fav' talking point with that is "all they want to do is tax and spend!!!" like that's some awful thing and not, y'know, an economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

namaste friends posted:

oh so if I have, say, PTSD, i could get the government to buy me a dog?

i'm listening to rosie interview andrew coyne rn and i think i'm getting ptsd

Sorry boyo, it's ATSD unless it persists for several weeks.